test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Flagships Announcement

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    We’re very excited to reveal the T6 versions of the Odyssey, Scimitar and Bortasqu’. Each type comes in three variants for Engineering, Science, and Tactical!

Learn more about our incoming ships.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

I've a question, LaughingTrendy.

Considering ships that Captain Shon, and the respective Flagship captain and commander of the KDF and Romulan Republic are currently T5 versions, are they going to get an upgrade to their ships to the new T6 version, and if so, which one (engineering, science or tactical variation)?

Also, when are they going to be promoted to Admiral/General (or even Fleet Admiral/Dahar Master)?
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    nimbull wrote: »
    The command seating kinda ruins it for me. Seems like everything is command these days.

I kinda agree but look on it from the other side. Do you think giving a scimi access to OSS3 is a good idea? :|
    Hate to admit it but command suits them better (and is healthier for the game in the scimi's case) and after all we can still ignore the spec and slot regular (better) stuff.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    The command seating kinda ruins it for me. Seems like everything is command these days.

I kinda agree but look on it from the other side. Do you think giving a scimi access to OSS3 is a good idea? :|
    Hate to admit it but command suits them better (and is healthier for the game in the scimi's case) and after all we can still ignore the spec and slot regular (better) stuff.

Quoted for emphasis, the whole lot of it. It's not like the Scimitar isn't already considered to be among the best T5-U (and possibly T6?) ships out there. :p

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    flash525 wrote: »
    I've been waiting for this, I was ready, then I saw they had Command Boff seats. Imagine my disappointment.

In what universe does a FLAGSHIP with no Command seating make sense?!? Of course there's Command seats.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    flash525 wrote: »
    I've been waiting for this, I was ready, then I saw they had Command Boff seats. Imagine my disappointment.

In what universe does a FLAGSHIP with no Command seating make sense?!? Of course there's Command seats.

In the one where the command seat looks like a glorified toilet?

latest?cb=20130314211645&path-prefix=en
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    One thing which nobody has mentioned is that the dilithium exchange was at roughly 290 after the frenzy which preceded it.
    Now, with a new idiot rush frenzy it has again risen to 330.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    questerius wrote: »
    One thing which nobody has mentioned is that the dilithium exchange was at roughly 290 after the frenzy which preceded it.
    Now, with a new idiot rush frenzy it has again risen to 330.

Trying to keep it down is futile at this point.
  • misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Although not my cup of tea. (After the Dyson ships my biggest purchase regret was the KDF Flagship bundle) i have to say the Sojourner Class seems to merge some design elements from the Ambassador/Galaxy and Sovereign. I'm on the fence with this one as i'm not sure if i do or do not like the design. It is one of the 1st Cryptic designs since the Venture skin for the Galaxy were i haven't looked at it and immediately thought GAWD thats ugly.
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    ok not sure if this has been asked but can the old consoles from the T5's be used on the new T6 versions of the Flagships
    The True King In The North
  • sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    whats really interesting is that the romulans are making all those new ship designs but they dont have a shipyard on their planet to build these behemoths... i guess you guys can see where im going with this right? *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*.... gosh is good to be back at the forum....
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    sch3ff3l wrote: »
    whats really interesting is that the romulans are making all those new ship designs but they dont have a shipyard on their planet to build these behemoths... i guess you guys can see where im going with this right? *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*.... gosh is good to be back at the forum....
    they do have a Transwarp gate though. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    djmarr1964 wrote: »
    ok not sure if this has been asked but can the old consoles from the T5's be used on the new T6 versions of the Flagships

T5 Consoles can be used on the T6 Flagships if you have them.
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    This does seem a little over the top since I bought the T5 Oddy pack this fall after coming back from an extended time off. And upgraded the two that I have used to t5u. I know I will have to wait for my disability case to be finalized before I can look at upgrading. Guess I'll just keep the T5-u handy if I need the firepower and live with that until I can afford if and when I can.
  • captainsulu4captainsulu4 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Well at this time of flying ur in an alliance and u fight as armada's like in ds9 so ur the lead ship of the group trying to sound canon hope that makes u understand lol. (also usually those slot's are and tac/tac command slot so if u don't like command u can just use a normal bridge officer in its place.)
    sch3ff3l wrote: »
    This is romulan republic intel we do have shipyards they are equipped with cloaking devices how else can we keep a slight secret from the tal shiar when building new ships thank u.
    edited February 2016
    This is romulan republic intel we do have shipyards they are equipped with cloaking devices how else can we keep a slight secret from the tal shiar when building new ships thank u.

Be honest... you guys really just hang a sign outside that says "Not a shipyard! Nothing to see here! Move along!" B)
  • todesschwadron1todesschwadron1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Is it possible to use the T5 Odyssey bridge on the T6 Odyssey variants?
    And can the T6 Oddy still use the 60 seconds Slipstream?
    Is it possible to use the T5 Odyssey bridge on the T6 Odyssey variants?
    And can the T6 Oddy still use the 60 seconds Slipstream?

Apparently yes on the bridge question.
    mrwafuru wrote: »
    They come with the Odyssey bridge. Confirmed by the designer on twitter.

I would assume it has the advanced slipstream since the T5 did.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Krap-a-doodle...
    They aren't offering a Flagship Single Faction Bundle...
    Only the 9 Ship Cross-Faction bundle.

Bummer...
    :'(

Never mind... I had a blond moment...
    embarrassed-smiley.png

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    daveyny wrote: »
    Krap-a-doodle...

Bummer...

There are the "T6 Scimitar Bundle", "T6 Odyssey Bundle", and "T6 Bortasqu' Bundle" in the C-Store. Is that what you are inquiring about?
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    daveyny wrote: »
    Krap-a-doodle...

Bummer...

There are the "T6 Scimitar Bundle", "T6 Odyssey Bundle", and "T6 Bortasqu' Bundle" in the C-Store. Is that what you are inquiring about?

There are?
    I didn't see them... let me look again.

Oh dummy me... I didn't scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list.
    <em-bare-assed>
    embarrassed-smiley.png
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    I don't dislike any of these ships. They are all well done and what I expected.

What I don't like is the price point. Having already bought two oddys, two borts, three scimitars, the Dyson bundle, the vesta bundle, dreadnought bundle, mogh, fleet versions, T5Us tokens, and too many other ships to remember, the DR pack, I feel cheated to have to spend so much for this pack. Whatever logic one may use to claim I shouldn't feel that way and blah blah blah, the price is just unjustifiably too high.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    While I am excited about the T6 flagships, the only ship that looks like an Odyssey-class is the science variant and the others look like they should be separate vessels. Rather than overhauling the designs, minor alterations could have been made such as removing a section of the saucer section and adding what looks to be like torpedo tubes for the tactical variant and for the science a sensors pod/secondary deflector such as the one on the Luna-class attached to the saucer from the back. The nacelles for all the ships would be styled after command cruisers.
    Post edited by kylelocke on
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    kylelocke wrote: »
    While I am excited about the T6 flagships, the only ship that looks like an Odyssey-class is the science variant and the others look like they should be separate vessels. Rather than overhauling the designs, minor alterations could have been made such as removing a section of the saucer section and adding what looks to be like torpedo tubes for the tactical variant and for the science a sensors pod/secondary deflector such as the one on the Luna-class attached to the saucer from the back. The nacelles for all the ships would be styled after command cruisers.

I think they do all look like the Odyssey (I have spent a long while in the ship tailor with them) and can be kitbashed very well. Obviously they are different classes and no longer the Odyssey. So there are differences while they're all still very recognisable as Odyssey progeny.

On the other hand, KDF versions are terrible. They don't fit with the BortasQu' at all and can't really be mixed with its parts (barring the nacelles).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • cohlordosyruscohlordosyrus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Any chance that there will be a ship costume option that does not have the aquarius/hoh'sus on it? Like the "base" model of the Odyssey/Bortasqu'?
  • nanoq1nanoq1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    We’re very excited to reveal the T6 versions of the Odyssey, Scimitar and Bortasqu’. Each type comes in three variants for Engineering, Science, and Tactical!

Learn more about our incoming ships.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

I received this Email Announcement on February 18th 2016 but because I was working, I would not be able to get into the game to purchase one (Endeavour Class) until Saturday (today). The Email stated that the price would be 2500 Zen this weekend only. Imagine my surprise that the price listed in the C-Store was listed at 3000 Zen. What happened to the 500 Zen discount? Well looks like the initial send-out of the email missed my box and so someone at Perfect World resent it but forgot to amend the sale or something....I don't know...I only know I was expecting to buy a new ship for 2500 Zen.

Here is the email (if this works)

The date stamp on my email page shows February 18, 2016. However, the post on the Forums is showing February 8th.

Well, apparently I cannot link to my email showing the Date as being Feb 18th
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    PWE mails are notoriously late. Speaking of which I doubt they ever contained any useful information.

The initial 1/6th price off sale on the flagships was held for the first weekend they were released (such as with all ship releases lately), thus not this weekend but the previous one.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!