test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Flagships Announcement

We’re very excited to reveal the T6 versions of the Odyssey, Scimitar and Bortasqu’. Each type comes in three variants for Engineering, Science, and Tactical!

Learn more about our incoming ships.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The "check and mate" starship trait looks very nice. However, I don't think I'll get it just for that pig-19.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    T6 Star Cruiser - Yorktown class. I hope we can use the Star Cruiser skin on it :)

If not, the Star Cruiser should get its own T6 variant ASAP :)
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Nice to see a Scimitar in the team colors (and less evil). Might have to finally pick up the flagships.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    I just got the biggest grin on my face.

This is excellent news!
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    I wonder if they're going to make a set from the old T5 flagships. 6-piece set includes a new ability, the coveted plot device!
    m12Pkoj.png
  • syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    freakium wrote: »
    I wonder if they're going to make a set from the old T5 flagships. 6-piece set includes a new ability, the coveted plot device!

Reading the blog, it gives the impression only one of the 3 consoles can be equipped at any one time. Figure it'd be a 4-set piece bonus when the 'old' 3 consoles are equipped alongside it. Hopefully it won't just be a +% passive.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Allow me to be blunt and summarize my reaction real quick and fast:

So... much... DROOL! *q*

I almost went "Lemon Juice: Full Spread III" on my screen!! XXD

I've been waiting for the T6 Odyssey :smile:

*rubs hands*

"Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    We’re very excited to reveal the T6 versions of the Odyssey, Scimitar and Bortasqu’. Each type comes in three variants for Engineering, Science, and Tactical!

OMG, no just no.
    It is not as if the scimitar wasn't already OP.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • theussvoyagertheussvoyager Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

OMG, no just no.

Relax they look to be command spec so no OSS. Sad day for a lot of people but very awesome for my healing scimitar and oddy :D
    JJ Connie > TOS Connie
    Lag denied your Heal
    What happened to my Halon consoles
    Poni?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Must...have...that...scimitar!
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I would not be waiting in any way, shape, or form to advise the playerbase through all appropriate, immediate, and checked channels, if the consoles from this pack are going to count the Krenim Sci's console as a component.

With 17 days of event left (as of this writing), and 15 days necessary to claim the ship - you definitely want to give everyone ample notification and opportunity to gather this vessel via the appropriate channel (what we affectionately term "grindaversary"). Especially in light of the fact that this ship is currently expected to go into the vault, never to be seen again, after this event ends.

You've seen the forum/entire playerbase rage over the Samsar. This is the prime opportunity to quell any/all fires before they are lit with... information. And doing so today still gives... interested... players time to "have not seen it" and/or a couple of days to miss in the event and not "fail".
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Looks great need more pics of the varients!
  • echoonealphaechoonealpha Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Please Dev, please make the "Star Cruiser" version, like 200K of Fleet Credits with no Fleet ships module, just like the current Odyssey Star Cruiser pleaseeeee.... :blush:
    Alexander Volkov, a man who has a vision of a militarized Starfleet since he reached Admiralty...
  • superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Jesus H Christ, who the hell designs these things. I cannot think of more ugly ships that're in the game at the moment.

Stat-wise, they're nice but the art ... Urgh they're really ugly. Whats with all the Fed ships looking so square with sharp angles, I thought they were suppost to be leaning towards the wells class when we get to the 28th Century, not looking like borg cubes. The Bortas looks farr farr to 'Toy'-like, something that a cheap chinese company would produce in a christmas cracker and the less said about the scimitar the better, with it's non-threatening curves and almost "Rubber" appearance, truly the romulan republic is the tree-hugging, whale-kissing hippies that the Star empire rejected.

Same old story, crappy looking ships with Overpowered traits and then the metrics say "These sell well, let's bring more out in this style" ... Saddening.
  • captaintroikacaptaintroika Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Unless I get a discount for already owning the Scim 3 pack, I'm flat out not touching these. The traits are mediocre at best and so are the consoles. Art's nice though.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Impatiently waiting for even more ludicrious DPS numbers. :)

T6 Scimitar looks menacingly, at least he has only command bridge seat and all command abilities are defensive. So it is not that big boost for damage like starship traits from lobi store (supremacy, invincible)
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    Jesus H Christ, who the hell designs these things. I cannot think of more ugly ships that're in the game at the moment.

Stat-wise, they're nice but the art ... Urgh they're really ugly. Whats with all the Fed ships looking so square with sharp angles, I thought they were suppost to be leaning towards the wells class when we get to the 28th Century, not looking like borg cubes. The Bortas looks farr farr to 'Toy'-like, something that a cheap chinese company would produce in a christmas cracker and the less said about the scimitar the better, with it's non-threatening curves and almost "Rubber" appearance, truly the romulan republic is the tree-hugging, whale-kissing hippies that the Star empire rejected.

Same old story, crappy looking ships with Overpowered traits and then the metrics say "These sell well, let's bring more out in this style" ... Saddening.

I think these pictures are not in the best angles.... Honestly a lot of the star trek online ships look like toys in the wrong angles.
  • jasecurtisjasecurtis Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I like the look of the engineering Oddy. Be good if each variant had a different look considering the T5 Odyssey had a static look, but I'm not holding out much hope.
    qGPf6Iq.jpg?1
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    For the Bortasqu drivers out there...

"Take it slow." (Russian English accent)

And yes, I want them, preciousssss.
    Post edited by tancrediiv on

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    Woo at last tier 6 flag ships. New Scimitar looks really nice now ,far more Romulan looking and elegant while removing the ugly brick look.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    tmassx wrote: »
    Impatiently waiting for even more ludicrious DPS numbers. :)

T6 Scimitar looks menacingly, at least he has only command bridge seat and all command abilities are defensive. So it is not that big boost for damage like starship traits from lobi store (supremacy, invincible)

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Ambush_Point_Marker

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Concentrate_Firepower

These aren't, but I was hoping the flag ships would have uni specialization seat. But maybe if we ever get First Officer system. Maybe with that we can get up to lt com specialization abilities of any specialization. A upgrade is a upgrade so no worries, hopes for another Lt. com on these.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I'm guessing "Endeavor" is no longer being named after HMS Endeavour, OV-105 Endeavour, or indeed, the USS Endeavour?

EDIT: Okay after looking at the screenshots and the development patches the class is named "Endeavour", so that clears that up.
    Post edited by amosov78 on
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    tancrediiv wrote: »

*French accent* Hailing frequencies open.

(I wondered when the BC jokes would show up...)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Man the hubris of the bortasqu' even getting a T6 version geez.

Although bortasqu's do make good extra storage for space gear but that is about it.
  • susanbosusanbo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    i am so happy they are realeasing more new ships, when I cant equip my fleet yamato because I was forced into shuttle, even though it was announced that this bug was fixed on the 4th, whatever you do don't dry dock one of these ships ship, you might as well kiss it goodbye
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I really hope we will have option to put in the consoles from T5 flagships....
    That romulan T5 set will especially be usefull: Cloaked Barrage + Thalaron Pulse + Cloaked Shields was OP before, now add the new consoles and Traits >:)

Edit:
    If they will not use console sets from T5 flagships, i'm not sure if i will even bother with them.... i already got Command Battlecruisers for Events...

Edit 2:
    Hm.. the the screenshots are showing the nacelles from KDF Bird of Prey docked in back i think... and the Romulan one got many emiters on wings - looks like it's should have the Thalaron Pulse at least...
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

OMG, no just no.

Yop, and the devs are not from a marketing perspective too smart, if they offer ship with 5/3 , best hangar pet and cmdr. tac. seat for the price 3000Z. This should be special prize ship like elachi dreadnought.

T6 Oddy and Bortasqu are great (they have never been so much powerful) but T6 scimitar is fail. It was that hard to create another romulan flagship? Something what looks at least more romulan? f.e. D'ridthau?
  • tome85tome85 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »
    tancrediiv wrote: »

*French accent* Hailing frequencies open.

(I wondered when the BC jokes would show up...)

''Battlecruiser operational.'' (Russian English accent)

I played that game recently and found the T6 Bortasqu reminded me of that Big Bad Boy! :#
    My daily grind is STAR TREK BATTLES channel - NO HIGH DPS WANTED

tumblr_mtvjgwae6F1rzu2xzo4_r1_400.gif
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    Wheres the T6 Sovereign?
    7NGGeUP.png