test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO DEV's on SHIP DESIGN TEAM: Please have a LOOK! It's Good. Real Good.

thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
Back to the basics, But NEW:

Klingon Bad Assery: From http://paul-lloyd.deviantart.com/

klingon_science_fleet_doing_science_by_paul_lloyd-d8cgkzy.jpg
added_more_details_and_some_colour_by_paul_lloyd-d8buk34.jpg

For a Klingon Star Ship, I don't think anyone can improve from the original configuration of these ships. Nothing was like them, then or now, as far as I know. These ships whisper power, ability, and awesomeness. The images speak for themselves. I do not need to defend them.​​
STAR TREK
lD8xc9e.png

Comments

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    It looks like they sacrificed port gun ports for a radio dish. What Klingon would agree on that design?!
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    It looks like they sacrificed port gun ports for a radio dish. What Klingon would agree on that design?!

This deflector dish is a non issue. This is about how the whole ship is put together, not minute details that can be sifted out of hand with ease.

Please look at the whole ship as one solid design. It is magnificent.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    meh.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    The front section looks dated at best, and the coalition symbol is irrelevant since we do not actually work, as a full fledge coalition!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Neat! What are you using to create the design? I've been wanting to take screenshots of the K'tinga, the Kamarag and the Vor'cha at all different angles and assemble a new K'tinga that utilizes parts from the other two ships. Kamarag neck and forward section with Vor'cha nacelles. Something like that...
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    You know, I think I like that better than the Negh'var, Vorcha, and the Bortas'que.

And there is zero chance of seeing another privately-made model in STO.
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    It's a science vessel, according to the artist. Might have dropped one gun port after all.

all_these_worlds_are_ours__including_europa__by_paul_lloyd-d8fbwf4.jpg
    boldly-watched.png
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    A Klingon SCIENCE vessel? Thought we had to go talk to the Gorn for space magic ships.
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Um.... It looks a lot like a Vor'kang....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Neat.
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    IlBoiy2.png
    I like this better.
    /channel_join grind
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,403 Community Moderator
    The problem will be that they have to get the rights to use it from the creator.

There is also the fact it looks like a 23rd Century design.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Looks real good, though I'd still like the ship's fore section changed so it doesn't go wide like that, and instead remains streamlined and more simplified.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    If there was to be a T6 K'Tinga, I think it would look more along these lines:
    Klingon_warbirds_concept_designs.jpg​​
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    @coldnapalm

Fuel the nerd rage, like this:

This game is based on a TV show?
    This isn't Star Wars?
    TOS suxs.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

stylish ones silly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4wN1KfMgBY
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    IlBoiy2.png
    I like this better.

This made me LOL!​​
    JtaDmwW.png
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    I wonder, do they get ESPN?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    I wonder, do they get ESPN?

no but I hear they have a Shakespeare channel
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    wait... why are we NOT talking bout just how INSANE that Feddy-bear ship looks?

It's like the Constitution mated with a D'Kyr and that child grew up to mate a Miranda, which grew up to mate an Akira.....​​
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    I don't like it when someone butchers the original ship class.
    I like it even less if someone elses fanfiction ends up on star trek online over others. this is just a k't'inga engineering bay and nacelles attached to a faux thicker neck and a faux thin hammerhead front section.

that federation ship next to it looks like it was kitbashed from ambassador, akira, d'kyr, nova and something else for nacelles. about 70% of it is again butchered from the original designs and someone elses fan fiction.

T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    That's not a deflector dish, that's the front speaker so when you decloak, you can blast your favorite tunes at the enemy.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,600 Arc User
    mailman650 wrote: »
    That's not a deflector dish, that's the front speaker so when you decloak, you can blast your favorite tunes at the enemy.

Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries of course! Klingons love Wagner.

• jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I don't like it when someone butchers the original ship class.

There will always be things you don't like.
    that federation ship next to it looks like it was kitbashed from ambassador, akira, d'kyr, nova and something else for nacelles. about 70% of it is again butchered from the original designs and someone else's fan fiction.

And the artist (http://paul-lloyd.deviantart.com/) doesn't claim otherwise. I think he's (*gasp*) having fun. I've heard there are people that like to do that, although most days they're bloody rare around these parts, apparently.
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
    boldly-watched.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    that federation ship next to it looks like it was kitbashed from ambassador, akira, d'kyr, nova and something else for nacelles. about 70% of it is again butchered from the original designs and someone else's fan fiction.
    And the artist (http://paul-lloyd.deviantart.com/) doesn't claim otherwise. I think he's (*gasp*) having fun. I've heard there are people that like to do that, although most days they're bloody rare around these parts, apparently.
    Yes, well, his work is hideous.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    I like your post OP, its fits to what I would call a Klingon Battle Ship. Which fits right these beauties . . They are Klingon!
    If there was to be a T6 K'Tinga, I think it would look more along these lines:
    Klingon_warbirds_concept_designs.jpg​​

Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    sunseahl wrote: »
    wait... why are we NOT talking bout just how INSANE that Feddy-bear ship looks?

It's like the Constitution mated with a D'Kyr and that child grew up to mate a Miranda, which grew up to mate an Akira.....

And people thought the "JJPrise's" nacelles were too big.​​
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    "I will not feed forum flames. x100"
    <Modded>
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    well this devolved quickly
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    IlBoiy2.png
    I like this better.

Wait, is that Dish or Direct? LOL!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!