test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Removal of "The Breach"

Did we ever get a reason why this was removed? I've looked and not been able to find out why. That was my fav STF. the only theory I've come up with its perhaps with the release of the Annorax or the Vomph ships they were too big for the map?
5rFUCPd.png

Comments

• eclipsoreclipsor Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Im pretty sure they would fit inside the thing <insert joke here>. I vaguely remember something about revamping them? Couldnt find the source, though.

Its a shame they removed it, was a good and interesting mission, well, except maybe aceton explosions, which are practically impossible to prepare for - their charge-up visual gets lost in the other effects, and theres fat chance your target is the one doing it, and also it causes extreme damage.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    what mission is that again?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • phrgphrg Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    24/11/15:
    It was removed alongside Minetrap due to lack of player participation. The fact that those maps have been basically starved to death by the effort/reward/risc ratio they offered makes me rather feel uneasy about a number of other maps in the future. Undine Assault, Herald Sphere and Infected Manus come to mind. While I would not miss the first two Infected Manus would mean removing my favorite stage.

I hope cryptic explores more ways to get peeps to play PvE maps before removing contend in the hope newer contend gets promoted by it.

arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9618603

One of my favourites too.

:s
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    It was a good one, but yes I remember it was removed to be revamped.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    The breach was retired.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    And it was a newer PVE that came out with the Dyson Rep, etc.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    Was this the trench run type one where you flew too fast to fire more than one torpedo at the ground targets?
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Was this the trench run type one where you flew too fast to fire more than one torpedo at the ground targets?
    Pretty much. you could stop but that wasn't always a good idea.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,875 Arc User
    I liked doing it...but I imagine many didn't since it isn't the kind of STF you can obliterate in 3 minutes.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    They're braindead moronic morons...they also took my beloved "Mine Trap". Unless they bring back scheduled events, the Queues are pretty much worthless.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    They're braindead moronic morons...they also took my beloved "Mine Trap". Unless they bring back scheduled events, the Queues are pretty much worthless.

Lol I pug queues all the time. There's only a few which wont pop, and those need better rewards. What time are you playing when population gets so low?

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Why on earth would you think this is even remotely OK to say. Get ye' out.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,468 Arc User
    Did we ever get a reason why this was removed? I've looked and not been able to find out why. That was my fav STF. the only theory I've come up with its perhaps with the release of the Annorax or the Vomph ships they were too big for the map?

It's being refurbished, most likely making it that the recent large ships can move through without getting stuck.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Why on earth would you think this is even remotely OK to say. Get ye' out.

Is that a new Avatar Overlay I see You've used Ms Trendy?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    @thatcursedwolf & @markhawkman

I thought that was from that other IP. Star Battles? Space Wars? You know, the one where they blow up Dark Invader's office, the Desk Star? Luke Duke flies the General Lee down the trench and fires a torpedo into the little hidey-hole.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

It's being refurbished, most likely making it that the recent large ships can move through without getting stuck.

Didn't one of the devs deny that on reddit? About large ships?

I wish they brought them back. I liked The Breach and absolutely loved Mine Trap.​​
    I've done it in both an Oddy and a D'Deridex. I only ever got stuck if a lag spike occurred while I was in emergency escape mode.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,468 Arc User
    I've done it in both an Oddy and a D'Deridex. I only ever got stuck if a lag spike occurred while I was in emergency escape mode.

But the krenim and iconian ships are monstrously large compared to those.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    It'll come back when Terradome does.
    XzRTofz.gif
    The Krenim ship is more long than wide. the Quas isn't THAT big... The Vonph though... not sure.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Breach was a solid, fun mission. It just needed bigger rewards, in proportion to the investment of time. But big payouts run contrary to the overriding theme of "grind metrics," and so the alternative is removing it entirely.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    And now there is also another less Mission for the Shuttle Event. Remember, No Win was also a Shuttle Event Mission before that got axed. I find myself just doing Atmospheric Assault mostly now anyway for that Event.

I was curious about where a poster got his Avatar changed. Seems I found the source.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    The Krenim ship is more long than wide. the Quas isn't THAT big... The Vonph though... not sure.

Dat innuendo...
    XzRTofz.gif
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,875 Arc User

It's being refurbished, most likely making it that the recent large ships can move through without getting stuck.​​

I was able to get around in a Scimitar easy...

I don't see how a Vonph would really get stuck unless you hover really close to the bottom.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Too much queues aren't good because most of them are empty. This is probably the reason why they removed several queues.
  • gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    Well the amount of content that has been pulled and then put back into the game is a long list. A good example of this would be the cardassian sector. I think I have redone that at least three times now, because they have continued to upgrade it. The original series of missions their were a nightmare, as it was you and four other officers facing off against 50 some cardassians on the ground. The new series is better, though not a fan of turning the mirror universe into a long term fixture, they really should have done the long term fixture for the Borg. My point is who knows what they will bring back and what they will take out to rework. Star Trek online is heavy on pve so I wouldn't write off anything not coming back.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I think Breach was simply too hard for the casual player. You could seriously die in there, if you weren't careful. Me, I kinda liked it; but, as other have mentioned, it kinda took too long for any meaningful rewards. (I'm talkimg about Breach Advanced, of course).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Its not unusual dungeons being removed in other MMOs for reasons, problem with STO is that 4 years ago we had a decent selection of missions that wasnt just the Borg STFs, then they started adding and every season we end up with at least 2 new Queues that simply push players towards them at the expense of the existing ones.
    No, its the exact opposite. Every season we get these new queues and none of them ever manage to outdo the old Borg STFs in reward/time. Thus they get played mainly by people who currently need their specific marks.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I think Breach was simply too hard for the casual player. You could seriously die in there, if you weren't careful. Me, I kinda liked it; but, as other have mentioned, it kinda took too long for any meaningful rewards. (I'm talkimg about Breach Advanced, of course).

Casual players should stick to Normal. I didn't die there (casual, normal). Got lost inside the first time, though ;)

These days anything with objectives different than "kill kill kill" seems to be too hard for some folks. Just do Counterpoint, and see how many people close portals or transport teams. Don't be shocked when you're the only one.​​
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    According to my experience, RHihoo station Elite , Brotherhood of the Sword Elite, Counterpoint A., Crystalline A. and Infected Advanced pop very often.
    Borg disconnected A. , Fleet alert and Nukara Transdimensional E. pop often.
    As for time/rewards ratio, Rhihoo station E. is the best one.
    P58WJe7.jpg