Install Arc

Removal of "The Breach"

13»

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,468 Arc User
    snipey47a wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I was wondering where my glasses went.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    pulserazor wrote: »
    They should scrap a lot more then that, the empty ques give off the impression that the game isn't doing well.

Better yet, they should add incentives to participating in the ques that no one ever plays.

A simple "bribe" system:

The queue that was played the last the last week, gets +50 % marks, free choice of mark type, and an elite mark this week.

Could also be applied to factions.
    Faction least played the last week gets +50 % bonus dilithium, +50 % marks, and +50 % skill points.
    Feds would probably never get this.

I think the new Badlands battle zone is the future. You don't need to open any menu to participate in it: you just fly up to it and go in.

The whole thing is geared to the number of players/power level of the players. One ship can solo it. I know. I have been in some of the nine zones by myself and it was challenging, that is to say, still interesting: pay attention or die is what we like, right? Yeah, so it scales and is fun.

Be sure that Cryptic is watching its database on where we are going and what we are doing as the larger part of the playing groups.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    Maybe if we had tech pieces we could once again trade for our rep rewards so that they would actually be rewards again...

You mean like Borg Neural Processors, Voth Implants, Iconian Datacores, Ancient Power Cells, Terran Gravimetric Inducers?

We have them!

Yes, but those aren't unique. You can get them from many places. Thanks to whiners, you can now even buy them with regular marks, so you basically never have to play anything that rewards them at all.

And in the end, you don't even need that many of them. Once you've got the few items they're good for (or decided you don't want them), they become even more generic as just another source of dil ore.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    Thanks to whiners, you can now even buy them with regular marks, so you basically never have to play anything that rewards them at all.

No, it wasnt thanks to whiners because I dont recall people asking for that, not as people asked for ways to get the Mk XII STF sets without RNG Madness and mind you, nobody asked for the current rep system as most people just wanted a way to get using the current drops.
    No, people asked for the items to be added as free rewards to pretty much everything. The mark trade-in was Cryptic's compromise.
    The whole "there is always something better to acquire" that Rivera says kinda runs into the problem of "if I what I have will always be obsolete why the hell bother", I dont intent to buy 8 crappy sets because a 9th one will be better and I will not buy the 9th either because there is a 10th coming up and each have the same costs and it aint having make me pay a extra of 1500 marks instead of 15 elite marks that I am going to change my mind (nevermind that is also timegated, its still 15 days).
    Personally, I got all the ground sets. For the accolades and costume unlocks. And the space sets...well I got the Iconian one. Their anti-disable effects makes the game much more fun to play.

Statwise it doesn't matter what you're packing since the game is easy and getting ever easier.

"There is always something better to acquire" is what MMOs are built on. Without something better to acquire, there wouldn't be reason to play at all. Unfortunately STO is missing the other part of that equation, some harder challenge where you actually need that better gear to win.

On the endless plateau of easy, there is little reason to go out of your way to fly even higher over the molehills of challenge. We need mountains to cross.