test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Retiring Glossy Photos of Q

Comments

• allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    Thanks for nothing guys. I spent the time to get these blasted things and saved up each year. All I see you doing is whining that people like me do just that so we can have the ship day one. "Exclusivity"? I call shenanagins and double talk. You did this with the pearls during the summer event which pissed people off, I would have thought you would learn from it and stop pissing people off. Oh, wait...
  • cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    The majority of players were probably preparing for this action given the foreshadowing of the Summer Event. I understand there could be a purpose for this change, but the execution of how it's being done isn't being inclusive.

The problem is not the notification of this happening just like the Summer Event, but the lack of a last chance unless you already had it slotted.

Again, they offer a smidgen to completely balanced compensation selections pending perspective for the retiring currency.

I remember during a livestream way-back that it was stated these Events are planned-out around 6 months in advance so their decision to enact these "last time" events without allowing an actual last time opportunity is thought-out & not an oversight.

I've never spent Lobi for any event currency, but I would definitely be wanting fair compensation since Lobi is just another step closer to actually paying real money for a pixel item.

• doylem33doylem33 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Basically i look at it this way as a player in regards to the decision to remove and change a currency used for these events which people played for, paid for and supported the game for, and that is robbing and cheating those people out of the time they spent preparing themselves in advance.

But the removal and change of currency is just Cryptic's way of having you play the event every year to earn the events shiny rather than earn it in advance. Its all about reporting to higher ups to say look we had this much particpation for the event to make it look like it a success. And here's the number of people playing our game.

So i can see why Cryptic have decided to do this, its so they can say to the big wigs look we have this many players so keep the servers open and give us some finance to keep the game running. (And hope to make a few $$$ on the side by players obtaining lobi to short cut the grind),
    But it is a failure to acknowledge the preppers that have already given the time to the game a year ago and put themselves ahead.
    doylem33 wrote: »
    Basically i look at it this way as a player in regards to the decision to remove and change a currency used for these events which people played for, paid for and supported the game for, and that is robbing and cheating those people out of the time they spent preparing themselves in advance.

But the removal and change of currency is just Cryptic's way of having you play the event every year to earn the events shiny rather than earn it in advance. Its all about reporting to higher ups to say look we had this much particpation for the event to make it look like it a success. And here's the number of people playing our game.

So i can see why Cryptic have decided to do this, its so they can say to the big wigs look we have this many players so keep the servers open and give us some finance to keep the game running. (And hope to make a few $$$ on the side by players obtaining lobi to short cut the grind),
    But it is a failure to acknowledge the preppers that have already given the time to the game a year ago and put themselves ahead.

Yep, that's all it is, "fixing metrics".
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 934 Arc User
    But they are acknowledging the preppers - by offering the trade in store.

I do think they go about these things the wrong way though. They should be saying 'after the next event, we're implementing this change'.

That way, they get the change they want, without springing it on the players.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Needless to say, I don't care how fancy the winter event ship is, I'm not wasting the time and effort on it unless they change the means of getting event currency for the winter event. I am NOT effin doin that stupid race as a daily grind. No effin way.

• admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »
    Needless to say, I don't care how fancy the winter event ship is, I'm not wasting the time and effort on it unless they change the means of getting event currency for the winter event. I am NOT effin doin that stupid race as a daily grind. No effin way.

They will have to reverse this in time. Like when the populace drops for events. Why bother doing them. When that drops someone in charge will finally realize this was a VERY STUPID IDEA.

sov42 wrote: »

They will have to reverse this in time. Like when the populace drops for events. Why bother doing them. When that drops someone in charge will finally realize this was a VERY STUPID IDEA.

That would imply there's some intelligence behind the dev team. I'm rather dubious of such a development.
  • toratareltoratarel Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Information about the return of Q’s Winter Wonderland is just around the corner! As part of this year's holiday festivities, we will be retiring the “Autographed 8x10 Glossy Photos of Q” and changing how starships will be earned during this event.

You can learn more about the trade-in system here.

~LaughingTrendy

I don't have the streangth to get angry about this at the moment.
    So i will just walk away from the game.
    Had some fun time with it and got the feeling the game was heading a good direction again.
    I don't regret spending money on the game but i won't anymore.
    Oh yeah and Cryptic as well as Perfect World are now added to my "Do not buy games from this company ever again" list.
    Have a nice day.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    toratarel wrote: »
    Information about the return of Q’s Winter Wonderland is just around the corner! As part of this year's holiday festivities, we will be retiring the “Autographed 8x10 Glossy Photos of Q” and changing how starships will be earned during this event.

~LaughingTrendy

I don't have the strength to get angry about this at the moment.
    So i will just walk away from the game.
    Had some fun time with it and got the feeling the game was heading a good direction again.
    I don't regret spending money on the game but i won't anymore.
    Oh yeah and Cryptic as well as Perfect World are now added to my "Do not buy games from this company ever again" list.
    Have a nice day.

I said the same thing about Red Alert and Command and Conquer, never again cause EA screwed it up big time. I tried to give my code for C$C4 away, at the time no one wanted it, lol....
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User

~LaughingTrendy
    Trendy,

Do you mind if I ask now: Are the Anniversary Qmendations going to, also, be changed to a new currency for the Year Six Anniversary Event? If, so, how soon before we get any details on those changes?

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • beermasterdraftbeermasterdraft Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I don't understand why it is not done as follows:

1. Retire the event currency after each year/reset projects as planned.

2. Allow gold members to slot old ships/projects to be finished within the event time frame with current years event currency. These expire after the event and are reset so players must compelete them during a single year's event. -cryptic gets more subs during events making them profitable, metrics go up, and players have a way to get ships that still provides a measure of exclusivity. -cryptic wins and players have a way to get otherwise unobtainable content as well as having a reason to sub or buy lifetime sub.

3. Silver players still get things as they are currently planned and can only get current years event ship.

I would prefer to let everyone do what I suggest for gold members, but would this not be a better option than unobtainable content and beneficial to cryptic?

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    draogn wrote: »
    Let's be honest the only reason you're trying to go for this 'exclusive' nonsense is so players spend money on lobi crystals.
    except that said option does not exist. If you didn't get the Risian ships last year, too bad. Same with the Samsar....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    draogn wrote: »
    Let's be honest the only reason you're trying to go for this 'exclusive' nonsense is so players spend money on lobi crystals.
    except that said option does not exist. If you didn't get the Risian ships last year, too bad. Same with the Samsar....

He means spending lobi on the packages for event currency to get the current and previous ships (currently slotted) done faster.
  • darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    yeah I went in and did the buyback on a couple of toon's and well it honestly killed any drive I had to play so maybe I'll log in again tomorrow.
  • vimyrosevimyrose Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So, because I deleted the first Breen ship to free up a space, due to the change making it i impossible to re-slot the task in order to reacquire, I will never be able to reacquire that ship? So I supposed you had to have had the ship unlocked, either boxed or active, for it to register on the account.

Sadly not going to use the Breen cruiser. At least I still have the console it came with on my Raider.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    vimyrose wrote: »
    So, because I deleted the first Breen ship to free up a space, due to the change making it i impossible to re-slot the task in order to reacquire, I will never be able to reacquire that ship? So I supposed you had to have had the ship unlocked, either boxed or active, for it to register on the account.

Sadly not going to use the Breen cruiser. At least I still have the console it came with on my Raider.

Since you completed the Rep Project for the Chel Grett it should be available under the Event Rep Store... unless you're one of the folks that still can't claim it due the the bug? The account unlocks for the Event Ships are tied to completion of the appropriate Event Rep Project, unless there's some screwup about "Claim a Breen Cruiser" vs. "Claim a Breen Warship" (they changed the project name once Cruiser Comms were added because the Chel Grett didn't get Cruiser Comms and therefore wasn't a cruiser no matter what Q may have originally claimed). That means you shouldn't need to actually have the ship on hand to get the account unlock, but it also precludes (at present) Lobi purchases from qualifying.
    Post edited by breadandcircuses on
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Someone in another thread claimed that the Event store lets you sell Qmendations too.

Mene mene tekel uparsin. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • megraemegrae Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    920 of Q's autographs and they are still just as worthless since I don't have the tab to use them in the Event store window. Only the reclaim ships tab for me. :(

Twilight, Particle Physicist that stole the ship.
    Original Signup date: August 4, 2008
    LTS since Pre-Order
    Someone in another thread claimed that the Event store lets you sell Qmendations too.

Mene mene tekel uparsin. :p

I just checked and I cannot seem to do that. Could that be a test server thing only?

megrae wrote: »
    920 of Q's autographs and they are still just as worthless since I don't have the tab to use them in the Event store window. Only the reclaim ships tab for me. :(

I have 1,600. Yes, one thousand six hundred. So their arguement about exclusivity is invalid as I ran the daily to get them just to get them and have it day one next year.
    jcsww wrote: »
    I looked earlier as well. I couldn't find any way to turn them in.

were you aware that you sig image is pushing off the page?

• megraemegrae Member Posts: 58 Arc User

I have 1,600. Yes, one thousand six hundred. So their arguement about exclusivity is invalid as I ran the daily to get them just to get them and have it day one next year.

That is a lot. But, what I mean is I can't use them at all. That tab in the event store to use them is not there for me.

Twilight, Particle Physicist that stole the ship.
    Original Signup date: August 4, 2008
    LTS since Pre-Order

That is a lot. But, what I mean is I can't use them at all. That tab in the event store to use them is not there for me.

Might want to put in a report on it then. Should be there for everybody. If there was some kind of requirement, idk. If there was, you may have to wait till the next winter event.
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I was looking forward to getting the breen carrier this years cause i missed out for family reasons last year, guess im SOL. Stupid move by cryptic if you ask me, was dumb move with the risa event instead of learning from it they plowed ahead with it. Cause turning back would me they were wrong, and being wrong is sooooooooo horrible.

Key thing Cryptic needs to learn with this situation... LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS!
    Am I reading this correct, Emotes are account wide? If so none of my other toons have them, just the one I who purchased them.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    tarran61 wrote: »
    Am I reading this correct, Emotes are account wide? If so none of my other toons have them, just the one I who purchased them.

The box they come in is account bound, but once opened they are character unlocks​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    angrytarg wrote: »
    tarran61 wrote: »

The box they come in is account bound, but once opened they are character unlocks​​

Thanks, I guess its my fault again, not reading it through :s . The TRIBBLE keeps getting better. This has left such a sour taste, I wish I would have learned from the Risa event and better yet from buying the Life time subscription, other than the 500 zen which is nice in and still nothing at the captains table. They should make everyday a 20% of Life time subscribers. Its going to have to be that good to make this up to me. Wasted my time getting these photos just to be screwed out of them before the next event. Cannot wait for the next anniversary event TRIBBLE. Its even going to better.. For those who fell they need to ask how can I say that when they give you such wonderful trade in options, guess you didn't do it for the reason I did, spent the money I have. My attempt to live by reason and logic with no interference from emotion is spent..

Live long and prosper Cryptic !
    To all others, good day to you. See you out there!
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif