What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Retiring Glossy Photos of Q

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    It is interesting to note that with all the player responses to this thread,
    no developer or PWE representative cared enough to respond back.

Also of note: The primary purpose of the event is to inflate the metrics.
    This much is very clear.
    They want to encourage ONE character to play for 25 times THIS year.

Fine, but why not encourage ALL of your characters to play this year for an additional reward of some kind?
    In fact, if you have 10 characters, and run each of them every day of the event for some additional reward,
    would this not inflate your metrics even more?

You need to have proper incentives in place, stated long in advance, for people to want to adjust their
    behavior to do what you want them to do, instead of having them just complaining about the changes.

As for people in the military, or those who planned a vacation, and intended to carryover the anniversary pics
    from last year to this, but failed to actually slate the project because they did not want it hanging around for
    a year uncompleted ... well, friends, you are just out of luck with this new system.
    Have a nice day.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    I played all 4 of mine, turned in all 1000 on 2 toons and only discovered tonight that cancelling the project eats all the qmendations (or whatever creative holiday name they pinned on them) so I can't even use them for mark turn-ins. I think I'll just leave those unclaimed ship boxes on the rep tabs. Maybe they'll crash the server and we'll all be free.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »
    The big thing at the end of the day that I really want to know that I don't feel we've been given adequate explanation for is why, after so many years, is this just now being considered an issue? I get it that they want people to run the event and what not so making the currency exclusive to that particular year I can get. However overall I still see no legitimate reason for the ships themselves to be removed with no plans as of yet for alternate acquisition.

Look up some of our "new" EP Salamiinferno's posts from the Risa "debacle".

In them, he said things to the extent of:

To please the almighty metric, we need those 25 logins this year, not last year, not next year.

So, to... "encourage"... as many people to give those 25 log ins on an semi-annual basis, we're making all event ships exclusive to the year that they're being offered. No more "well, I'll run 2 alts next year and get 2 ships". You want the Rezreth, you need to be on this year, aka now.

Didn't give the logins for the Samsar last Risa? Sorry, out of luck. We needed them then, not on your alt in 2016...

Of course, he provided an out - to those who have the previous ships still slotted. If you never slotted the ship (aka shown interest in them during prior years), then he seems to have felt that you wouldn't necessarily want it this year.

Explanation enough?

That is the worst, most contrived, most idiotic, most BS explanation i have ver heard for one of the WORST ideas i have ever heard, he should be fired from whatever job he is in for how STUPID that is. It gives no reason as to a player who Couldn't event for whatever reason, or you know, NEW PLAYERS, who never had the chance to get said ship, and will not have it staring them in the face every time they go to the rep store with no way to get it

Getting the event ships required nothign special, you are not special for having it, it literally JUST means that you were playing at the time, you won no tournament, won no contest, nothing.
    Exactly. There's absolutely no need for them to do this. Salami's explanation, as you said, is even more idiotic.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    I think I really am the last person to learn about these things. :/
    arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9743063-star-trek-online-anniversary-buyback
    I'm all for any chance to get - Elite Queue R&D Material Reward Package - without blowing up my ship 20 times.
    11th-Doctor-bowtiesarecool.jpg

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.