test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You know you're getting old when........................

124»

Comments

• ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    You know you're getting old when:

1.) Star Trek: The Animated Series was on Nickelodeon.
    2.) TV networks had Saturday Morning Cartoon blocks, including Fox Kids/TV 50, TV 20, USA's Cartoon Express, Sci-Fi's Cartoon Quest, etc.
    3.) Star Gate SG-1 was new on Showtime.
    4.) "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" was the only Power Rangers show.
    5.) SySy Channel was "Sci-Fi" Channel and had actual sci-fi shows and movies that mattered.
    6.) Cartoon Network was new.
    7.) Movies like Alien Resurrection, Event Horizon, Mimic, & Tomorrow Never Dies were out in Theaters.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    ricosakara wrote: »
    5.) SySy Channel was "Sci-Fi" Channel and had actual sci-fi shows and movies that mattered.

*breaks down in tears*

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,435 Arc User
    You know you're getting old when:

1.) Star Trek: The Animated Series was on Nickelodeon.
    On NBC, on Saturday mornings.

When you can remember when Saturday morning cartoons were a thing.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    When no one was obsessed with "Reality TV" and game shows were actually game shows that required more than just supidity. Anyone remember Legends of the Hidden Temple?
    that was a nice TV show. another was Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    When no one was obsessed with "Reality TV" and game shows were actually game shows that required more than just supidity. Anyone remember Legends of the Hidden Temple?

Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare, Nick Arcade....those were the days.

I'll see your "Temple" and raise you with "SHENANIGANS"... (the very first Live Action kids game show)
    https://youtu.be/NVRfLwlsNy4

I wonder what ever happened to RACKO?
    Loved that game.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    dalolorn wrote: »
    *breaks down in tears*
    **hugs you**

jonsills wrote: »
    On NBC, on Saturday mornings.

When you can remember when Saturday morning cartoons were a thing.

Hell yeah.

• rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    I wonder what ever happened to RACKO?
    Loved that game.
    B)

We have that game... my sister loves it.
    76561198032353876.png
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    You know you're old when the only TRUE Batman is Adam West.

What about Lewis Wilson or Robert Lowery?​​

True. Actually, what makes Adam West "my" Batman is simply because "his" Batmobile is such a classic. When I was a kid I had just about every toy version of it. Besides, as much as I like Anne Hathaway, she doesn't hold a candle to Julie Newmar.

If we wanna go Superman, who can forget George Reeves. He may have been impervious to bullets, but Superman always had to duck when the baddies threw the gun at him.
    Julie Newmar was pretty easy on the eyes, sure - but nobody could purr like Eartha Kitt. :blush:

Eartha Kitt was Eartha Kitt. Along with the purr, I must admit she filled that catwoman outfit as well as Julie Newmar.

Back OT, You know you're getting old when you're the only one who remembers Helen Slater as Supergirl.

Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
    True. Actually, what makes Adam West "my" Batman is simply because "his" Batmobile is such a classic. When I was a kid I had just about every toy version of it. Besides, as much as I like Anne Hathaway, she doesn't hold a candle to Julie Newmar.

If we wanna go Superman, who can forget George Reeves. He may have been impervious to bullets, but Superman always had to duck when the baddies threw the gun at him.
    Julie Newmar was pretty easy on the eyes, sure - but nobody could purr like Eartha Kitt. :blush:
    Eartha Kitt was Eartha Kitt. Along with the purr, I must admit she filled that catwoman outfit as well as Julie Newmar.

Back OT, You know you're getting old when you're the only one who remembers Helen Slater as Supergirl.
    Impossible. :P Also.... She was in Smallville as Clark's mom. :p
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv9ioSAOufc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHpcESg3Uls
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User

She is also the new Supergirl's adopted mom along with Dean Cain as her adopted father.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,435 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »

She is also the new Supergirl's adopted mom along with Dean Cain as her adopted father.
    B)
    I love casting bits like that. Kind of like the way that the Flash's parents in the CW series are played by John Wesley Shipp and Amanda Pays. :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    Hehe, cool! :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »
    *breaks down in tears*
    **hugs you**

I don't want hugs. I want more pre-Universe Stargate, more Star Trek (okay, maybe that one'll work out :tongue:)...

Ah, what the heck. Just more 'good sci-fi' and less 'why is this on a science fiction channel' will do.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    brian334 wrote: »
    When you listened to plays on the radio. Dramas, thrillers, comedies, and detective tales were found on the AM dial, (google AM Radio, kiddies!) It was the last outpost of vaudeville in the US.

Chickenman, The Tooth Farie, Heinie Wine Commercials
    Fleet Admiral Stephen