test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You know you're getting old when........................

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    ...When your high school classmates introduce you to their children.

Lol, not old by a long shot. About 10 of my classmates had children the first couple of years I was out of high school.

You know you're old when you can remember using Vinyl discs and VHS players.

You know you're old when you can remember owning and playing Atari 2600, 5800, and Vectrex

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    ilolyly wrote: »
    Yep NICE very NICE , but taking my money and deliver a TRIBBLE experience and not refund , that N I C E , but you know WHY look how they work and they get so much 2014 CNV 542,4 million net income

W T F ???

Ya know yer getting old when ya don't understand the concept of the given thread...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Here is an age scale most people find useful: The Camper Scale

1. Naked in the wilderness, you not only thrive, but gain weight and muscle mass! (You are a teenager.)
    2. Your car is all the shelter you need. (Late teens, early twenties.)
    3. Packing your car for a camping trip is almost as time consuming and annoying as getting the kids ready to go. (Mid to late twenties.)
    4. You own a tent and a box filled with camping gear, but seldom find the time to use them. (Thirties.)
    5. Going to an isolated cabin somewhere, hopefully with a fireplace and a hot tub, is your idea of roughing it. (Forties.)
    6. You own an RV that has more amenities than your first apartment. (Fifties.)
    7. The tires on your RV have deflated over time, and you don't remember why you don't want to crank the engine. (Sixties.)
    8. Sitting on the porch watching your great grandchildren play is as close to nature as you want to get. (Seventies.)
    9. When your kid drops by to take you to see the doctor it becomes an expedition into the great outdoors. (Eighties)
    10. You look out the window and wonder when was the last time you were out there. (Nineties)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,467 Community Moderator
    ilithyn wrote: »
    When you get addressed as Mam. (Granted that started happening when I was in my late 20s, I have that kind of personality I guess XD)

I sometimes get that over the phone...
    :|
    And then I tell them I'm a guy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    ...when your cake is a lie.

11140140_10204946072991919_8022253123643809695_n.jpg

Because I recall I just had my 30th birthday October 23rd, ....

uh, 1995.
    NFA-banner.png
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    You know you're getting old when you utter the phrase "Wow, has it really been that many years?".
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    You know when you're getting old when christmas and birthdays are just another day on the calender
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      You know you're getting old when the day after a holiday - and thus the day any associated candy or whatnot goes on sale - is more interesting than the holiday itself.
      "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
      ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
      You know you're getting old when the 90s we "ten years ago".​​
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
      edited November 2015
      You know you're getting old when the day after a holiday - and thus the day any associated candy or whatnot goes on sale - is more interesting than the holiday itself.
      Nah, that's not really age, that's wisdom. :p You've come to understand the true spirit of the holidays. (and realized that most advertisers are lying about what it is)

In a related note, .... when you think about how commercials are total BS while listening to them.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
      Well, you know what they say; "Wisdom is Intelligence plus Experience".

You know you're getting old when you can walk into a McDonald's and not even glance to see what the Happy Meal toys are.
    • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
      You know your getting old when

1) Your listening to your favorite songs from the 80s New Wave and your kids friend asks "hey whats up with your dad listening to those moldy oldies"

2) You look in the mirror and wonder who the hell the old guy is standing there only to relise , its you

3) You walk down the street see two young hotties suck in your gut only to relise your belly is still hung over your belt

4) You go to a bar and try your best pick up line on the hottie at the bar and she replies "Your so sweet you remind me of my dad"

5) You remember a time before the interwebz

6) Cell phones were the size of bricks , and just about as heavy

7) You wear a full beard only to have the neighborhood kids mistake you for santa claus

8) You remember how old people used to tell you those annoying stories of when they were young , now your the one telling those stories

9) Young people complain about how us old people shouldnt be allowed to drive

10 ) You got to the doctor and the conversation always starts off with " at your age"
    • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
      When everything about the modern world is just rubbish, and you remember all sorts of stuff from back in the day which is just better.​​
    • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
      When the cashier gives you the Senior discount without you asking for it.
      Fleet Admiral Stephen
    • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
      When you start paying attention to Colonial Penn and AARP commercials.
      Your pain runs deep.
      Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
      edited November 2015
      When not even a new bartender asks you for your ID.

When discussing hair not found at the temples, the Gul says, "I'm a Cardassian. What's your excuse?"
    • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
      When I'm the youngest resident in a retirement home and I still fit in.
      Fleet Admiral Stephen
      when you remember playing video games in the arcade before home consoles took hold.
    • hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
      You played Advanced Dungeons and Dragons as a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gImewVPd5o0
    • duurduur Member Posts: 13 Arc User
      when you still talk about the new startrek series, while talking about voyager and DS9
      hawkwing43 wrote: »

or think of AD&D as the new version

edited November 2015
      When these were the top games you played as a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxhTKFltRdQ

and this classic.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf1yo0URHwU
      when you remember watching the banana splits as a kid ....and they werent reruns lol
      Did someone say banana Splits? HAHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL2WeRHqqXo
    • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,435 Arc User
      hawkwing43 wrote: »

When you played AD&D in college (and helped the rest of the group learn the changes in 2nd Edition...).
      Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
      When you tell stories about how you learned how to do stuff by watching Bozo the clown do it.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • galattgalatt Member Posts: 708 Arc User
      When you look in the mirror and see your father staring back at you.

When your oldest child is now the same age you were when they were born.

You know what a "floppy disk drive" is.

And if the first thing you think of when you hear "floppy disk drive" is those 5¼-inch black squares
      sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
    • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
      What about the 8-inch disks?
    • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
      edited November 2015
      You remember using hundreds of Punch Cards for your final exam in your high school computer class.
      And it ends up making a two foot tall print-out (on an old rotating-head printer) of Snoopy dancing with his bowl on his head.
      (all made out of X's, 0's and assorted letters of the alphabet)

Also, you remember learning how to program on paper, in COBOL and FORTRAN.
      B)
      STO Member since February 2009.
      I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
      Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
      upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    • crabbycabbycrabbycabby Member Posts: 127 Arc User
      daveyny wrote: »
      You remember using hundreds of Punch Cards for your final exam in your high school computer class.
      And it ends up making a two foot tall print-out (on an old rotating-head printer) of Snoopy dancing with his bowl on his head.
      (all made out of X's, 0's and assorted letters of the alphabet)

Also, you remember learning how to program on paper, in COBOL and FORTRAN.
      B)

Ouch, I'm Looking at that and WISHING I had such advanced hardware for my high school...

Had to do ours on paper and have the teacher take our tests to the local comm. college to run them thru a 'real' computer.

You remember programming in binary. Or when you have to explain what base and power are to your boss.

PS: My Dad had the honor to be put in charge of the worlds first tape drive computer in civilian (not government) hands. The very same computer that put man on the moon. When I was in high school. Now I am truly feeling my age.​​
      Proudly F2P
    • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
      rattler2 wrote: »
      You remember cartoons like Darkwing Duck while looking at some of the stuff today and wonder "What the hell happened".

YES. So much this. Animation these days is most often awful. Thanks, anime and Ren and Stimpy, for ruining it all.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
      Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.