test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Herald ships are coming.......hide your immersion!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    Thematically, what if a player wants to see it as a "spoils of war" thing? Or a scenario akin to what Kirk did in ST3? Or create an Iconian type character? Or any other number of valid "this isn't silly at all" reasons. You know, other than the "This is a game, and that ship looks cool in this game" thread ender.

And there is enough demand that it warrants being sold.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    gulberat wrote: »
    People need to use their imaginations. If you don't want to fly a Iconian ship pretend they are something else. One of my alts hails from the reboot universe...and they fly the Oddy until (crosses fingers) the reboot universe connie makes it in the game or a ship that looks close to it

You know, there is also one of the Intel ships that (IMO) looks like the USS Vengeance...I may not like the Intel ships, but that is certainly something that could suit your purpose.

The Scryer?

From the front, the Eclipse looks like the Vengeance. Not so much in top view...but seriously, if you watch Into Darkness, there's a strong impression IMO that the T6 Intel ships are meant to look like they come from the same design lineage (in a different universe) as the Vengeance, but without getting close enough to incur the wrath of CBS. (Similar to the Adapted Tal Shiar ships being meant to let you fly the Narada without running afoul of CBS.)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    People need to use their imaginations. If you don't want to fly a Iconian ship pretend they are something else. One of my alts hails from the reboot universe...and they fly the Oddy until (crosses fingers) the reboot universe connie makes it in the game or a ship that looks close to it

You know, there is also one of the Intel ships that (IMO) looks like the USS Vengeance...I may not like the Intel ships, but that is certainly something that could suit your purpose.

The Scryer?

From the front, the Eclipse looks like the Vengeance. Not so much in top view...but seriously, if you watch Into Darkness, there's a strong impression IMO that the T6 Intel ships are meant to look like they come from the same design lineage (in a different universe) as the Vengeance, but without getting close enough to incur the wrath of CBS. (Similar to the Adapted Tal Shiar ships being meant to let you fly the Narada without running afoul of CBS.)

I may have to play with it then
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Well, take a look at the pics or see if a friend has it in game, and see what you think. :)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User

The Scryer?

the guardian is a far better vengeance than the eclipse, even without the intel skin​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User

The Scryer?

the guardian is a far better vengeance than the eclipse, even without the intel skin​​

I have the Guardian too...didnt realize it had an intel skin
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User

The Scryer?

the guardian is a far better vengeance than the eclipse, even without the intel skin

I have the Guardian too...didnt realize it had an intel skin

it doesn't​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The Scryer?
    I may have to play with it then
    Mmmm donut...
    lapland_by_marhawkman-d83rd6y.png
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg