Options

Design Your Ship Round 4 [Sigma VS Omega]

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    My cousin is a big BSG fan as well as a Star Trek fan and he mentioned that it would look appropriate for Vipers to be launching from Omega.

Myself I believe Tie Fighters would be more realistic.
  • Options
    captainknight88captainknight88 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamSigma
    To all Omega / Jupiter fans, have any of you seen an aircraft carrier, they are long/big/slow to move ships and do not get into any fire fights. They stay outside the battle zone!!! So, that design would mean the ship needs to be Extra big to hold a large number of fighters/shuttles/runabouts, that is why most Starships need a secondary hull in Federation designs. Huge starship people!!! Limited fire power with 3 to 4 squadrons will be needed to do battle
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    Actually, the Galaxy-class has its primary hangars at the aft edge of the saucer. So does the Odyssey if you look closely at the model. It's only on the smaller ships like the Connie and Intrepid where they use the secondary hull. The secondary hull tends to be taken up mainly by the matter/antimatter reactor that powers the warp drive.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Looking back, I think I should've just gone with my original thoughts of Sigma..Omega will likely trounce any designit comes up against, even my precious Alpha! :neutral:
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    The only thing that caught my eye when it came to Omega was the white strip on the side of the saucer section, which I'd assume was the flight deck.

I wish the flight decks of the other ships were highlighted as well.
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    #Sigma, personally not a Jupit.. I mean Omega fan
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Yes I have seen an aircraft carrier...was stationed on one for 5 years. The main reason why carriers are so big is the flight deck. Planes don't just take off they need help. They require 30 knots of wind to provide the proper lift. Carriers turn into the wind to provide this and on days of no wind crank up the engines to simulate the wind.
    all of which is not necessary in space. So they don't need to be these gargantuan star ships...they only need to be big enough to carry their compliment of star fighters.

To all Omega / Jupiter fans, have any of you seen an aircraft carrier, they are long/big/slow to move ships and do not get into any fire fights. They stay outside the battle zone!!! So, that design would mean the ship needs to be Extra big to hold a large number of fighters/shuttles/runabouts, that is why most Starships need a secondary hull in Federation designs. Huge starship people!!! Limited fire power with 3 to 4 squadrons will be needed to do battle
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    danpmkdanpmk Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamSigma
    Kinda impressive that the results were 2:1 Omega the entire time; it never deviated much from that ratio. I wonder if Epsilon vs. Omega will be the same...
    It is corporeal.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Shouldn't this be closed by now?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    We already closed the votes, whether or not this is closed isn't really important.
  • Options
    Omega has won!
  • Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,273 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    Omega has won!

WHOOOHOOO! #TeamOmegaFTW
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    #TeamSigma
    We already closed the votes, whether or not this is closed isn't really important.

Heh... that's funny, cause I didn't vote till I posted that comment and the looser went up by one.
    (and I got tagged as TeamSigma)
    So it wasn't closed at midnight last night but sometime after 12:03 EDT my time today. (09:03 PDT your time)

I guess 'Importance' is in the eye of the beholder.
    I get that it won't be done till you get into the office in the morning, but if your going to post an Official Closing Time, perhaps you shouldn't use a time when there isn't anybody in the office.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Heh... that's funny, cause I didn't vote till I posted that comment and the looser went up by one.
    (and I got tagged as TeamSigma)
    So it wasn't closed at midnight last night but sometime after 12:03 EDT my time today. (09:03 PDT your time)

I guess 'Importance' is in the eye of the beholder.
    I get that it won't be done till you get into the office in the morning, but if your going to post an Official Closing Time, perhaps you shouldn't use a time when there isn't anybody in the office.
    Here, let me clarify.

I come check the votes across all platforms and languages at midnight (because sleep is really irrelevant) at the stated time. This ends up being either a Wednesday or a Saturday. Afterwards, I add up those, calculate out the percentages, and declare a winner. This is done earlier than when the next voting round happens because I need to then subsequently create and format the assets to send to my EU partners (who work in a different timezone than me).

You can vote after the stated cut-off time, theoretically, but it won't count for anything. EDIT: For instance, it's not like we're deleting the Facebook voting posts. You could go onto the Facebook page and vote for TeamBeta all you want, but it won't do anything. So it's really a moot point.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    #TeamSigma
    Wow...
    I didn't think you'd even bother to read my rant, let alone respond.
    My apologies, sometimes even I forget that there's a real person at the other end.
    Especially after I've come home from a double shift at work dealing with impatient and rude patients and visitors at the hospital.
    I'll try to curtail my rumblings in the future.
  • Options
    Wow...
    I didn't think you'd even bother to read my rant, let alone respond.
    My apologies, sometimes even I forget that there's a real person at the other end.
    Especially after I've come home from a double shift at work dealing with impatient and rude patients and visitors at the hospital.
    I'll try to curtail my rumblings in the future.
    You're fine. I just don't explicitly comment frequently on the nature of the voting process and specifics because I generally have been keeping that to myself to avoid shining light on it. The more the back-end process is clarified, the more exploitation can be potentially done to it. I have some contingencies to prevent exploitation, but it's still something that I'm cautious about.

I have literally hundreds upon hundreds of posts on the forums per day. It's hard to keep up with them, but I tries :s .
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega just screams "carrier" and looks the design that Jupiter should have been. Team Omega!
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.