test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Design Your Ship Round 4 [Sigma VS Omega]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Now's your chance to vote on which design you prefer! Your votes will determine what ship is built in a single-elimination voting tournament. As the tournament progresses, we will continue to update the designs with more detail!

Our next round up is the Sigma and Omega designs! Which one do you prefer Captains? Let us know in the forums, Facebook, and Twitter.

Design Your Ship Round 4 [Sigma VS Omega] 2721 votes

#TeamSigma
36%
adarandreltrickypingu#9526bghostlan451blassreiteruscolinus#1809rhandofgaudgardatbalaan44anarisacpthardcoverbullocajcomrademocorealrebelusracerexiawininoidkurai72angelphoenix12elfandspartanboromir45 983 votes
#TeamOmega
63%
s0mb3rsardacekirimuffininisfatusdeathfish01primar13umaekocoolian106beerxhyperjarda9grayflashnalfyrhyefatheranimegamerzer0ikonn#1068burstdragon323comkiller007you155drug2danbishop 1738 votes
Post edited by pwlaughingtrendy on

Comments

• Options
    danpmkdanpmk Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamSigma
    Such a tough choice... Omega looks excellent, but I do like the Sigma/Epsilon design, and I did just vote for Epsilon last poll. Will need to think about this one. It would be pretty funny seeing Epsilon vs. Sigma later though.

At least can can all rest easy now that the two-nacelled designs were defeated.

Edit: Decided to go Sigma, since an Epsilon vs. Sigma match-up would be too humorous to vote against. I expect Omega to win this round, however.
    It is corporeal.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Went with Omega.
  • Options
    caleb143caleb143 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I like the compact design of Sigma, but Omega seems like a nicer meld of 'Carrier' and the Iconic Federation design with the Nacelles clearly visible. That, saddled with how it looks a bit like the Jupiter class, as well as what I can only assume is a Through-and-Through Hangar Bay in the profile pic, seems more promising
    tumblr_o0xkrlVud21uuxsqjo1_1280.png
  • Options
    farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Sigma is cuter.
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega of course!

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    ynrocjdynrocjd Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    #lessugly
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    #TeamSigma

The Jupi- err.... Omega is the more likely candidate to win the contest, due to all the Jupiter fanboys.​​
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Team Omega all the way!!!
  • Options
    celestisscelestiss Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Team Omega for the win
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    #TeamSigma

Vote for the ship that doesn't look like a shovel. Seriously, what is up with Omega's forward saucer blade?
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I like both. But... Omega!

... Isn't this round 4? :confused:
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    caleb143caleb143 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Guys, Do you really want it to be a 'Vote for the nearly Identical ship you like more' Situation? Epsilon IS Sigma, with only a few changes.
    tumblr_o0xkrlVud21uuxsqjo1_1280.png
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Seriously though this one is a foregone conclusion. I'm Team Omega on this one, but primarily because Sigma is basically a Prometheus in Science Vessel form not a Carrier.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega it just screams carrier and i like the design its Imo the best out of ALL the designs period this is the one i was waiting to vote for :)
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Something about the Omega just makes me think of a traditional flattop.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Might as well call this vote already. Most people already know omega will win this round and the next.
  • Options
    sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    Voted for the one Design that A) the Majority of People were waiting for anyway and B ) will Certainly win this whole Contest anyway, Omega = Jupiter so Jupiter for the Win....even so that Custom Designs posted by User - like me - still look far Superior but, one has to choose what is given to him.
  • Options
    dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Sigma all the way.
  • Options
    markdbmarkdb Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Definitely #TeamOmega. It's the only one that even looks like a carrier out of the whole bunch.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    Watch this "landslide" poll result now. lol :D

P.S. @pwlaughingtrendy - The title of the thread is supposed to be Round 4 if I'm not mistaken. Just a friendly observation, I was a bit confused for a moment there looking for the 'Round 4' before I noticed that this one was about the Sigma & Omega even though it said Round 3.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Can't decide on this one =/
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    shpoks wrote: »
    Watch this "landslide" poll result now. lol :D

P.S. @pwlaughingtrendy - The title of the thread is supposed to be Round 4 if I'm not mistaken. Just a friendly observation, I was a bit confused for a moment there looking for the 'Round 4' before I noticed that this one was about the Sigma & Omega even though it said Round 3.
    Yes, yes it should be!

Yoink.
  • Options
    gigaboltshockgigaboltshock Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    I love the way Sigma looks. It's like a hot sports car! Very sleek. It's the only one of these I'd pay for.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Woo! Goin 4 for 4! #TeamSigma!
  • Options
    roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    I was going to go with the Omega but I love the Sigma's compact look.
  • Options
    zadrunuszadrunus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Been waiting half a decade for a jupiter class dreadnaught carrier.... omega is as close as we're going to get so omega all the way
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Omega would look better if you reversed the nacelles, with wider on the bottom and narrow in up top, and did something about the weird flanges on the side of the saucer that just abruptly stop. Smooth that out or something.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Considering that I never liked the huge amount of negative space in the Jupiter design anyway, I've no desire to see it return with the Omega design. I'm sticking to my phaser compression pistols and voting Sigma.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...