test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

server not responding

is this perhaps another DDos attack? just got slammed with a dozen server not responding errors.
Murphy's laws:
1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.

Comments

• Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    so am I.
  • Options
    kb3rcmkb3rcm Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    server not responding for 10 minutes..really? what is the problem? been doing it for about a week. this is starting to be annoying big time...game is unplayable...reinstalled and traced...nothing...way to go.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Works fine here. (US west coast)
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    walegrinwalegrin Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    U.S. West coast. Doesn't work fine here....
  • Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Been having this problem for a little over a week, and submitted a ticket. After looking over things, it seems probable it's a problem in the internet pipeline between the computer and PWE servers. I'm East Coast, USA, but it seems to be more based on the pathway your system is using to get to the servers than the physical location of your system.

Unfortunately, this means there is nothing we can do but hope whatever ISP company is causing this decides to fix it. And, if this is similar to other internet company 'cold wars', we may be in for a long wait while the companies involved settle who run Bartertown.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    East Coast Boston area:
    Server not responding, bumped off during a particularly fun STF, NOW can't log onto login server... Sunday ritual here we go again... Happens every Sunday nowadays..

So we being attacked again .... :*
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Stuck on "Connecting" but server shows up
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Western Europe here. Been having the same issue all day - SNRs, rubberbanding, general lag - gave up playing a couple of hours ago. So this isn't just a US issue.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    dsosebeedsosebee Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Whatever was causing the login problems seems to have been fixed, at least as far as I can tell. As of 5:00pm Eastern on 9/27 I haven't had a single problem logging into STO. The launcher has worked fine, the game has been completely stable.
  • Options
    fuzzywillyfuzzywilly Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    10:27 Eastern time and I have been having the "Server Not Responding" issue since I logged on at 8:00. I get the "Server Not Responding" notice most often when I change locations (warp to new quadrant, visit starship bridge, beam to space dock...) however, it also happens randomly. Often the "Server Not Responding" timer will continuously reset after 15-20 seconds and then start back at 0. I have had to exit the window entirely and start the game all over again several times.
  • Options
    fuzzywillyfuzzywilly Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    now it's stuck at the "Choose Your Character" Menu.
  • Options
    eruzineruzin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The login problems aren't fixed for everybody. I can't login - I get a message saying the game client isn't responding.
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Been having major problems loading the game,when I do get the game to load,loads 1 out of 30 times I try,It takes minutes to load characters most times the other times it just times out and I get disconnected.On the very rare chance that I do get loaded,logged in and character selected and loaded,I get to watch the red server not responding counter until I get another disconnect.At this point I am very annoyed with this game.It has constant problems with data flow and server connections.
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    There's an odd coincidence with all this. Every time I think about spending a little cash on this game, this type of stuff happens. So I guess it's my fault. Unfortunately, when I put my wallet away the problem lingers for a time.

My issues are (within the last 2 weeks. Maybe around the end of the DDoS BS not sure if that's pertinent)

Launcher randomly not loading
    Launcher randomly not patching or giving the engage button
    CTD at character selection screen
    1 second SNR then booted at character selection screen
    character screen not loading characters. even though play is grayed out I can press the button and hear transport noises. Never loads anything, never clears up.
    slow to load on map changes. not normal slow, something like 10-15 minutes slow
    hang at ~40% on map changes. I went and ate dinner and talked with my wife for some time once and came back to a ridiculously large SNR time. Never get booted but never clears up.
    SNR for 5-10 seconds then less than 0.5 seconds of the game running then repeat. never clears up.
    CTD when clicking on any UI element.

If I quit and reload I might get back to what I was doing or I could end up with any of the above.

• Options
    cowdoc0077cowdoc0077 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Yet another Episode of STO:SNR
    The dazzling enjoyment of Star Trek Online : Server Not Responding; kicked from server, blowing up in STF's because you just sit there, rubber-banding across sector space....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Yup, more of this BS. It's a wonder the servers manage to stay up at all. >_>
  • Options
    Apparently they are focused so much on a clean launch of season 11 that they won't get rid of all the lag/rubber/SNR/DCing going on around here
  • Options
    jereboy0524jereboy0524 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Philippines here... cant connect to login server... been that way since this morning... was able to connect a couple of days ago... but cant get in due to display driver not responding.. when I fixed that, cant connect to the login server...

What's happening?
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Philippines here... cant connect to login server... been that way since this morning... was able to connect a couple of days ago... but cant get in due to display driver not responding.. when I fixed that, cant connect to the login server...

What's happening?

Well right at the present moment I would say the reason you can't log in might be because the servers are down for maintenance. That said I know some countries in Eastern Asia have been barred from login on to PWE games completely, but I can't remember if the Philippines were one of them.

Edit: Did a quick Google and no the Philippines aren't one of the disable regions, though if your IP address has changed it may look to the servers as if you're coming from one of these countries and it won't let you log on. Only way to solve it is to get yourself a new IP, you can look up on Google how.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    ronanobrienronanobrien Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    As it sits right now, I have had SNRs off the rear end and also disconnects. It's becoming a bit irritating. Almost to the point of my taking time off til it's fixed as I KNOW that it's not an interruption of my Internet connection as I checked it.

It's more than a little frustrating.
  • Options
    > @ilithyn said:
    > jereboy0524 wrote: »
    >
    > Philippines here... cant connect to login server... been that way since this morning... was able to connect a couple of days ago... but cant get in due to display driver not responding.. when I fixed that, cant connect to the login server...
    >
    > What's happening?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well right at the present moment I would say the reason you can't log in might be because the servers are down for maintenance. That said I know some countries in Eastern Asia have been barred from login on to PWE games completely, but I can't remember if the Philippines were one of them.
    >
    > Edit: Did a quick Google and no the Philippines aren't one of the disable regions, though if your IP address has changed it may look to the servers as if you're coming from one of these countries and it won't let you log on. Only way to solve it is to get yourself a new IP, you can look up on Google how.

hi,

Thanks for the input... I finally got in!! maybe it was just the maintenance schedule...

Thanks!
  • Options
    And I'm still getting SNRed and DCed to death. :| real cute. Where are the server maintenance and repair teams at anyway?
  • Options
    > @kyrrok said:
    > And I'm still getting SNRed and DCed to death. :| real cute. Where are the server maintenance and repair teams at anyway?

Yeah, me too... especially in combat scenes!!!
  • Options
    I am just sitting still. At times, I don't even get SNRed. Just POP! gone.
  • Options
    right now... I cant even get in the game upon choosing my character... so frustrating.... do they need another maintenance?
  • Options
    I think that they need to support Windows 10...Apperently an OS released almost 5 months ago is new enough that they can't say with certainty that the game will work (referencing another forum post on this forum and personal experience). So to Cryptic, apparently they think that it's Windows 10 that's to blame. Get this though. I HAVE NOT HAD PROBLEMS ON WINDOWS 10 PRIOR TO THIS.

What's wrong with that picture? Not to mention that this issue has been happening to people not on Windows 10...yeah, I seriously doubt that this is an issue of being incompatible with an operating system based on that reason right there.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    LOL - You guys are throwing the term "SNR" like you know what it means. ;)

If you really have SNR issues on your connection it certainly has nothing to do with either Cryptic or STO.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    typhoncaltyphoncal Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    Cryptic needs to get their TRIBBLE together, these Server Not Responding is ridiculous.
    Commander Shran - You tell Archer, that is three the pink skin owes me!
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    Your servers are pathetic, Cryptic.
  • Options
    nunodrksnunodrks Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    hmm... login is no respondig, times out all the time...

At this time is anyone having the same issue on Holodeck?