test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 11 - Admiralty System

Comments

• johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    It actually says we're getting Mirror Leeta. Who, is she's Mrs. Anything, would probably be Mrs. Intendant Kira Nerys.

In the novel-verse, she was Mrs. Ezri Tigan (until she (Leeta) was killed off). Don't know about you but I find that slightly more appealing.
    Is there any chance of getting Nicole de Boer into the game? I think it would be cool to have her play both Capt. Ezri Dax and mirror Ezri Tigan.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    It actually says we're getting Mirror Leeta. Who, is she's Mrs. Anything, would probably be Mrs. Intendant Kira Nerys.

In the novel-verse, she was Mrs. Ezri Tigan (until she (Leeta) was killed off). Don't know about you but I find that slightly more appealing.
    Is there any chance of getting Nicole de Boer into the game? I think it would be cool to have her play both Capt. Ezri Dax and mirror Ezri Tigan.

They missed such a trick with Dax's next host not being a man...and no comment on how Terry Farrell must have felt about leaving for "Becker" and then getting screwed-over by the show.
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    I just thought of some thing maybe this will be a chance for us to put our favorite t1 starships to good use :D
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    Isn't it funny how all the women in the mirror universe were at the very least bisexual, but...oh, Worf and Garak were too though, so never mind.

Any form of open minded sexuality belongs in the evil mirrorverse pig-26.gif

​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • dakkalvar1dakkalvar1 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Cool, a whole new way to kill stuff....
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    DOff system 2.0 where DOffs are $30 a piece. Yay? :/
    Discover a previously unknown civilization...

So why do I figure we will have to blow them up? A whole lot. Until we are sick of them. And of course that they will come with even more hit points and cheesy disables with few or no counters. Oh wait, I know why... because STO.

Ah well, maybe we'll luck out and they'll become our allies and they'll have an associated Fleet holding we don't need to sell us unbalanced gear we don't need in order to suck more dilithium out of us and extend the grind, and increase power creep so that Cryptic will again have to add more hit points to enemies to compensate. You know... because STO.

:/
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    At long last my main will ACTUALLY be a fleet Admiral.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Isn't it funny how all the women in the mirror universe were at the very least bisexual, but...oh, Worf and Garak were too though, so never mind.

Look how progressive we are, see we have TRIBBLE characters... but they're all evil, ah well.
    ​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,523 Community Moderator
    So why do I figure we will have to blow them up? A whole lot. Until we are sick of them. And of course that they will come with even more hit points and cheesy disables with few or no counters. Oh wait, I know why... because STO.

Ah well, maybe we'll luck out and they'll become our allies and they'll have an associated Fleet holding we don't need to sell us unbalanced gear we don't need in order to suck more dilithium out of us and extend the grind, and increase power creep so that Cryptic will again have to add more hit points to enemies to compensate. You know... because STO.

:/

I think it would be more interesting if we discover this new civilization and need to help them in some way. And what if... they're in ANDROMEDA?! New allies, new threats, new galaxy to explore...

Just saying...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Why do I get the sinking feeling our ships are going to need to be outfitted properly to be of use in this system? In other words, every ship fitted with weapons/sets/consoles rather than just the one you normally fly.
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    Why do I get the sinking feeling our ships are going to need to be outfitted properly to be of use in this system? In other words, every ship fitted with weapons/sets/consoles rather than just the one you normally fly.

Because that would cost buckets and buckets of dilithium and Cryptic hates us having dilithium?
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    *smiles since most of his ships have their own gears*Whats the problem?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    *smiles since most of his ships have their own gears*Whats the problem?

Yeah, most of my ships are either ready to fly or can be made spaceworthy with minimal expense. Most of my ships run previous versions of my existing build.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • tecbulltecbull Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    When this kicks off, I am so sending my Betazoid Sci BOFF out commanding a Miranda full of redshirts. They're not coming back, and I need the empty ship slot.
    Oil, because Matter-Antimatter reactors haven't been invented yet... Please Hurry!
  • lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Doffing space ships.

As much as I would love to lead my fleet of ships into real battle.
    I don't think the engine can realistically take anything more than an updated Ui and doffing style gameplay.
    lordthrud wrote: »
    As much as I would love to lead my fleet of ships into real battle.
    I don't think the engine can realistically take anything more than an updated Ui and doffing style gameplay.

Oh the functionality is there, they would merely need to apply the ground boff system to space. They've even expanded that system to allow for solo play or reduced team member play. All they have to do is build a decent enough AI and turn ships into away team members.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    I agree the bare bones of what is needed is in the game now.
    But to build decent enough AI to elevate game play above boffs in space would be a massive undertaking in and off itself.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015
    At long last my main will ACTUALLY be a fleet Admiral.
    Along with Mk 16 equipment and T6-U ships, closely followed by T7 no doubt. Sorry I'm just being cynical here. If they do it right and don't use it as another major cash grab, then I think it has the making of something good, along the lines of LoR. If not then it'll go the way of DR.

Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    This is just an elaborate scheme to sell more ship slots.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • koraheaglecrykoraheaglecry Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    While the game has existed for 5 years. Theyve only pushed the in-game time ahead by a year and half, maybe two years at most.

I too refuse to assign my main the rank of anything above Commander. And the character is only that rank because Ive accepted that a war with the Klingons, skirmishes with the Borg, Tal Shiar, True Way, Tholians, Breen, Mirror Universe and major conflicts with the Voth, Vaadwaur and Iconians and their Servitors has taxed Starfleets Personnel and Fleet (Considering how short the war with the Iconians is turning out to be I refuse to even call it a war). Which would allow my character the opportunity to climb up the lower ranks at the very least as anyone who were serving before my characters graduation would be the first pick to be tapped as a Captain.

But I still refuse to accept that over all of the other Starfleet Officers proving themselves day in and day out that have obvious seniority over you (Nog, Paris, Kim, Shon) that you would be tapped to be promoted to Admiral and eventually Fleet Admiral before any of the men and women that have put anything longer then 2 years into their career. I get that they want us to feel like the hero. But the hero doesnt need to be bumped to the highest Starfleet rank available to make you feel like as one.

When this system releases I'll be headcannoning that my Main will be tapped not to lead the Task Force (not really a Fleet in my opinion) but to run the day to day administrative duties of moving those pieces on behalf of the Fleet Captain/Rear Admiral and overseeing the logistics of it on top of commanding a ship within that Task Force. I already headcannon that my Main, the Crew and Ship are apart of a Task Force to begin with since I cant fathom sending a sole ship out into dangerous areas without some sort of reasonable back-up. The game doesnt do the sectors justice as you could easily fit a 40+ Ship Fleet/Task Force into one and still have trouble providing overwatch/back-up to ships.

I do believe that the system will behave much like the Doff System. What Ive read indicates that youll send these ships off on missions of their own and there will be some sort of risk/reward to it. So it wont be like the Reinforcements Devices where you can call ships in to join you on a Mission. Although I wouldnt be surprised if at some point they introduce a Device that does exactly that with your own Mothballed Ships being the ships that show up.
    But I still refuse to accept that over all of the other Starfleet Officers proving themselves day in and day out that have obvious seniority over you (Nog, Paris, Kim, Shon) that you would be tapped to be promoted to Admiral and eventually Fleet Admiral before any of the men and women that have put anything longer then 2 years into their career. I get that they want us to feel like the hero. But the hero doesnt need to be bumped to the highest Starfleet rank available to make you feel like as one.

Rank does not come with age, both the Federation and the Klingon empire are meritocracies. There is also the small matter of nobody below captain rank being seen in command of a starship except in extraordinary circumstances, as such all my characters are at least captains, even my 19 year old tactical officer who got the rank due to the extreme shortage of captains, her skills and performance. Though I can see her 24 year old sister making RA/:LH as a result of the extreme damage quoted in the Iconian war dialogue, even if said damage has never actually been seen.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    mrspidey2 wrote: »

See, I'm thinking we'll need price reductions on ship slots and lower tier ships to make this happen unless this system is built around only having 5-10 mission slots. We'll see.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I just know that Picard died a Captain and if Janeway hadn't died a Borg Queen, she would have demoted herself from Admiral back to Captain herself.
  • lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    angrytarg wrote: »

Look how progressive we are, see we have TRIBBLE characters... but they're all evil, ah well.
    ​​

In before anyone else brings up the 'Lesbions'
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User

See, I'm thinking we'll need price reductions on ship slots and lower tier ships to make this happen unless this system is built around only having 5-10 mission slots. We'll see.

Not only that, but they will put certain stats and missions in lockboxes....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

I just know that Picard died a Captain and if Janeway hadn't died a Borg Queen, she would have demoted herself from Admiral back to Captain herself.

Picard retired an Ambassador and Janeway came back after becoming Borg Queen in the books...
    sunfrancks wrote: »

Not only that, but they will put certain stats and missions in lockboxes....

Oh, I'm sure we'll see that and we may see easier access to Lockbox ships even if only lower tier versions of existing ones. I could easily see a Tier 4 Galor with a 10% drop chance.
  • koraheaglecrykoraheaglecry Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    adamkafei wrote: »

Rank does not come with age, both the Federation and the Klingon empire are meritocracies. There is also the small matter of nobody below captain rank being seen in command of a starship except in extraordinary circumstances, as such all my characters are at least captains, even my 19 year old tactical officer who got the rank due to the extreme shortage of captains, her skills and performance. Though I can see her 24 year old sister making RA/:LH as a result of the extreme damage quoted in the Iconian war dialogue, even if said damage has never actually been seen.

Rank also does not come with one space battle where explosions, ruptures in the hull and disruptor fire ignores everyone below Lieutenant and kills everyone above it. Your arguement is that you never saw anyone below Captain in charge except special occasions. I would argue that I have NEVER seen anyone go from Cadet to Fleet Admiral in 2 years. EVER. Worf ran patrols with the Defiant quite often and even commanded the ship in the Battle of Sector 001, there was no care to even explain why the Defiant was so far from DS9 or why Sisko wasnt running things. Data was charged with commanding a starship when it was without a commanding officer.

Your head canon is your own. But Im basing my head canon on my own knowledge of real world militaries. Where smaller vessels are commanded by lower ranked personnel with larger more important vessels and groups of vessels commanded by higher ranked personnel. And 19 year old kids who would still be in their first year of the Academy would be lucky to find themselves as a Team Leader on a Cadet Exercise.
    Your head canon is your own. But Im basing my head canon on my own knowledge of real world militaries. Where smaller vessels are commanded by lower ranked personnel with larger more important vessels and groups of vessels commanded by higher ranked personnel. And 19 year old kids who would still be in their first year of the Academy would be lucky to find themselves as a Team Leader on a Cadet Exercise.

I don't disagree with you there. For the most part I adapted an RP canon for myself which is now set 4 years after STO. Said 19 year old is now 23 in her actual canon and hasn't been in command more than a year but that had to be adapted to STO, hence lots of fast tracking and exceptional performance.

While you apply current navel practice to the ST universe, I think that's an inaccurate base material as there is a lot of ST material to work with when deciding these things.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User

The trope of the "depraved bisexual" is one often used by untalented, juvenile writers.
    It's just further evidence that shows that DS9's writers are vastly overrated.