What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing Starship Traits

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    Improved Critical Systems is missing as well. AGAIN.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • Options
    pino31pino31 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Yeh the Improved Hunters Instinct is missing from the traits list again on all my toons. If one that doesn't have it claims it, it just goes away and it never shows up in the list. Those that already do have it, can't select it from the list to slot them so they might as well not have it anyway. Some of my toons are lucky and already had it slotted before it vanished again but it still doesn't show up in the traits list.

The Best Defense is gone again too. I bet these aren't the only ones.

https://ibb.co/61d7nYq
  • Options
    camenecius#5698 camenecius Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Improved Temporal Insight is gone again, this time consistently on the three captains I checked. So, recruitment replays are breaking this each time?
  • Options
    faukes#5834 faukes Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The Best Defense
    Pilfered Power
    Theta Radiation Infused Evasive Maneuvers

These are three of the four currently equipped on my main toon, but not on the list of available.

Others I know for a fact:
    Precision
    Enhanced Shield Systems
    Emergency Secondary Shielding
    Sensor Targeting Assault
    Advanced Targeting Systems
    Advanced Hull Reinforcement
    Temporal Flux Dissipators
    Chrono-Capacitor Array
    Controlled Countermeasures
    Counter-Stroke

And several others that I cannot currently remember, the only ones on the "Available" list for my main toon are Improved Pedal to the Metal and Predictive Algorithms.
  • Options
    ussexcelsiorussexcelsior Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    I'm missing several traits, one of which cost me quite a bit... "point defense protocols". Submitting a ticket to these people is a waste of time, the only answer I EVER get so far for EVERY issue I have had is basically this... we don't know what's causing it or how to fix it and no eta on when we will, we suggest you check this forum to see if our users have figured out a way around it. WELL, EXCELLENT! I have paid a scary amount of money over my time of playing this game and becoming a "premium" member and things don't work or go missing and they don't know what to do about it except rely on us to figure out a bug to bypass the bug. Sooo frustrating. I think it's time for a long vacation from even opening this game at all.
  • Options
    xividaxxividax Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Submitting a ticket to these people is a waste of time, the only answer I EVER get so far for EVERY issue I have had is basically this... we don't know what's causing it or how to fix it and no eta on when we will, we suggest you check this forum to see if our users have figured out a way around it.

I would bet that if every STO player who has ever got that same response from tech support received 1 dollar, for every time we heard that, and pooled all that money together, we could buy the STO game, and fix it ourselves.

• Options
    starrfirestarrfire Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I completed the episode House Pegh and opened the box for the Best Defense trait but it doesn't show on my list of traits. The game said I received it but it isn't there. I went to rerun the episode and opened the trait box again, but it said you can only have 1 of a unique item. So I have it but I don't. I tried re-logging, going to another sector, but those things didn't fix it. Is there anything else that might work?

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Yeah, this is annoying. Both Critical Systems and Improved Critical Systems are just.. poof.. gone.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    wesgunder1wesgunder1 Member Posts: 40 Arc User

Yeah, this is annoying. Both Critical Systems and Improved Critical Systems are just.. poof.. gone.

Same issue except on 4 characters the trait slots seem to be locked were I can't add or replace the missing traits thus making those Characters unplayable. Which are my Tactical characters that use for beam and canon builds which I can't fix and can't play right now.
  • Options
    psycherzpsycherz Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Issue was corrected
  • Options
    I now have some characters that seem to have most/all of their traits but MOST of my characters have almost NONE of the traits they're supposed to have. Seriously why is this such a consistent issue for as long as it has?
  • Options
    trezvuy11111trezvuy11111 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Trait: Concealed Repairs and Trait: One Impossible Thing at a Time learn but not have)
  • Options
    boomam#0932 boomam Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Starship Trait: Terran Goodbye.
    Not awarded after unlocking.
  • Options
    silenced26silenced26 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I recently started a new character to take advantage of the Temporal Bonuses. However, when I recently gained a level and its asking me to purchase skills, I try to purchase 1 skill and it refuses to add it. I then, used a retrain token and restarted my game, and now it says I have 21 skills to apply, it will not allow me to apply any skills. It asks if I am sure I want to purchase said skill and when I click ok to purchase, it doesn't purchase it. Any reason why this is happening?
  • Options
    boomam#0932 boomam Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Starship Trait: Terran Goodbye.
    Not awarded after unlocking.

Its re-appeared since the unscheduled server restart this evening, at 7pm US EST.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    Lost most of my slotted space traits on all ships at some point recently. Will this ever be fixed?
  • Options
    dracko1dracko1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So this is just slightly off topic. Unfortunately I cannot create a new post so I have to piggyback on this thread to make this report. I have already submitted a support ticket and they told me it looks to be a bug and to post on the forums.

I have noticed that "Devastating Weaponry", the tier 3 mastery on the Legendary Command Dread Cruiser, is not being applied. I stripped everything that gave crit chance off my ship/traits/etc and it was showing on screen (in sol system) as 5.5%. I figured 2.5% of that is base and I have a 3.0% endeavor bonus. If the mastery was being applied then it should show 8% total. I also logged in on my Mirror Gagarin which has the same mastery trait and that indeed showed 8%. I did not test any further ships.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    The bug is back if it ever really went away to begin with. Your incompetent programmers need to be fired. They're losing STO money. fkn FACT.
    Are you seeing how long we'll actually sit around and let you BS us??
  • Options
    ariccavariccav Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Getting frustrated having to reset my traits all the time!
  • Options
    rocketman33#0665 rocketman33 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Iconian War/House Pegh

On my first run, I chose the ground trait Up Close and Personal then equipped it.
    On my second run, I chose the space trait Point Blank Shot then equipped it and now my Up Close and Personal trait is gone. Did something change where you can only have one of these rewards? I've successfully done this on several other toons.

NEVER MIND. It returned after a few re-logs!
  • Options
    neoncrimsonskye#5736 neoncrimsonskye Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Is this related to traits and devices randomly changing themselves upon loading into a new map? If so, this must be the most prolific bug in the game. Why are the devs ignoring these bugs? Do we need to go send a complaint to CBS? This is ridiculous. Listen up, devs, if you even look at the forums: PLEASE OH PLEASE STOP MAKING NEW CONTENT UNTIL YOU FIX THESE BUGS! Seriously. Especially content that makes no sense! Things have been going downhill since the end of the Iconian War!
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    dracko1 wrote: »
    So this is just slightly off topic. Unfortunately I cannot create a new post so I have to piggyback on this thread to make this report. I have already submitted a support ticket and they told me it looks to be a bug and to post on the forums.

I have noticed that "Devastating Weaponry", the tier 3 mastery on the Legendary Command Dread Cruiser, is not being applied. I stripped everything that gave crit chance off my ship/traits/etc and it was showing on screen (in sol system) as 5.5%. I figured 2.5% of that is base and I have a 3.0% endeavor bonus. If the mastery was being applied then it should show 8% total. I also logged in on my Mirror Gagarin which has the same mastery trait and that indeed showed 8%. I did not test any further ships.

You can still create a new thread, but sadly got to scroll way way way down to the bottom and look for the...
    P6Yhc8Z.png

Just now it's thankfully grey, and the button isn't red but blue!
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    maqoghmaqogh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    So I'm now up to 2 characters with this bug (probably more) are you EVER going to fix this????

This bug has been around for 7 damn years now. The lack of action by the devs say's it all, They don't care! As long as they keep making money. A single player voting with their wallet does NOTHING. Apparently submitting a ticket or posting in this thread does NOTHING.

What will it take to actually get something done about this bug?
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    I'm missing half my traits, more or less when I change maps. Seems localized only to my Agent of Yesterday character.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    angryempath1angryempath1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I'm missing "Active: Temporal Surge" on all of my characters since they patched it this week... I can still use it in existing loadouts, but it's not in the list and doesn't appear as equipped.
  • Options
    taris10005#5669 taris10005 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    I am missing the entire starship stations section.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    I am missing the entire starship stations section.
    This can happen sometimes and we've seen that simply going to the Ship Selector at your preferred starbase/planet and changing your Active Ship to a different one and then switching back again, should cause your Bridge Officer stations to reappear.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    the new ships traits (cyclone, augur and the cruiser) arent showing up in the list after unlocking them in mastery t5 on the zen store ships.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    > @davideight said:
    > the new ships traits (cyclone, augur and the cruiser) arent showing up in the list after unlocking them in mastery t5 on the zen store ships.

Have you logged out and logged back in or switched from one character to the next? Usually that resolves the system lag.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    hydra4291#4938 hydra4291 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    replying to get my 8 year old account out of probation so i can submit a bug report