test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Retiring Lohlunat Pearls

1282931333448

Comments

  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jstewart55 wrote: »
    No one cares about TOS. :-P

    Or TNG. Or DS9.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • valoreahvaloreah Member Posts: 11,209 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jstewart55 wrote: »
    No one cares about TOS. :-P

    Blasphemer! :P
    Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
    thecosmic1 wrote:
    Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Or TNG. Or DS9.

    Indeed. :) If you do want to carry on the discussion, such as it is, it'd be best to do it somewhere else and let this thread get back on track.
    valoreah wrote: »
    Blasphemer! :P

    :D

    Have some Daleks.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jstewart55 wrote: »
    No one cares about TOS. :-P
    ...take that back.
  • crypticroncrypticron Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I must say I find this rather unfortunate, especially now that I played with several Delta Alts I wanted to get the ships as well. I'd suggest that at least the ship from last year is still available. I guess this is also the fate of the Winter event ships (while I wasn't able to get the Carrier slotted last year).
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The saddest part of this Epic Swindle is we shout, scream,cry, set the forums on fire but Cryptic will go ahead with this change, we will continue to play the game and take this as a slap in the face and the World of Star Trek Online continues to rotate and we keep playing and then the next slap happens and it all starts again.

    Only one way to stop these changes and unfortunately it does more harm than good and we as players don't want to harm the game we enjoy and its something which i do not endorse, That is for the players to strike and no one trades their pearls, and no one takes part in this summers event as a protest.


    (Epic Swindle yeah i admit it i'ma Liverpool FC fan)
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,514 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If I may be blunt...
    "uphold the appearance of Cryptic actually giving an airborne rodent's hindquarters"
    "Feedback clearly appears to come here to die."
    "players vent their righteous indignation into the abyss of this forum"


    I loved this post ! :D Here's a cookie
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif








  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ...take that back.

    Okay. :P
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jstewart55 wrote: »
    No one cares about TOS. :-P
    At least one in five Trek fans disagree. XD
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ageroth1 wrote: »
    Some of the options for the buy back aren't working even with the pearls needed.

    Most of these Options require Level 60 ... so yes ... if you haven't done the DR Grind yet ... you're screwed (unless you're really into Crafting) ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Most of these Options require Level 60 ... so yes ... if you haven't done the DR Grind yet ... you're screwed ...

    Well, yes, that's the point isn't it... TRIBBLE everyone over, making them all angry, while maintaining the illusion that some faction isn't getting screwed but is actually getting an unfair boost, thus making all the angry people lunge at each others throats, instead of forming a mega vengance fleet to lay siege to planet cryptic, and orbital bombard it's planetary TRIBBLE into glow in the dark volcanic glass...

    Lvl 60 Veteran with 1000's of lolwut balls: Grrr damn noobs, why do this to level the field...

    Lvl50 Veteran with 1000's of lolwut balls: Grr damn lvl 60's why do they get the trade in...

    Delta Rec Noob with no lolwut balls: Grr why do those old fogeys get the cool ships and free spec points, while I just get the fugly T6 Cargo Shuttle with a single Ensign science Boff slot...

    Old saying is "Divide and conquer", modern technical term is "Balkanization"

    Ironic that the only valid response to all of this is...

    "Lol Wut?
    Balls!"
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jstewart55 wrote: »
    No one cares about TOS. :-P

    That's not true... a violation of TOS can get you banned. You've got to be more careful. :eek:
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ...take that back.
    Agreed! A world without Bones? "Inconceivable!"
  • demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's not true... a violation of TOS can get you banned. You've got to be more careful. :eek:

    Worth remembering next time you contemplate making that Orion Dancing Girl boff change into jacket and long pants...

    Just say no...
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Agreed! A world without Bones? "Inconceivable!"

    You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I got multiple summer event ships already and am not going to miss out on any, but I fully understand the strong emotions. If I didn't have the ships already, I might say much the same. But if we take a few steps back, one thing becomes obvious, which is they will probably eventually find another way to reintroduce these ships again after players forget them a while. They been doing this to other items, emotes and, correct me if I'm wrong, even ships. For certain the strong sentiment shown here would encourage them to do so.

    Throughout, the game has been a continually evolving, taking steps that makes players baffled, confused and at times amazed. People take that to mean something's wrong because it's such a radical idea, but in fact, it's quite the opposite. You don't classify as bad a book that brings a new twist with every chapter, or a movie that shocks you with the death of a main character. Those are some of the highest rated works out there. With STO, they found a way to relate with that same flair. Anyone who says the game is dead need just glimpse at this thread and feel the strong emotions expressed here. And the majority don't even post on these forums. Does it look dead to you? I don't think so.

    Every once in a while devs do something to show STO is very much alive and working as planned. What the players don't see coming is just part of the script, a plot twist to knock your socks off. Couple that with continual expansion, ever-changing features and progressive story line, Perfect World has designed something that works and best part is, people don't even have to like it because they can play f2p anyway and not spend a penny. Yet, people are surprised STO keeps turning up a profit...

    Step back a moment and think about it, PWE knows what it's doing. Talk about clever... They are unfolding a storyline, advancing STO in ways that keeps the player base on their toes, whether they like it or not. That alone translates into revenue and then there's all the rest... We just don't see it how they keep things moving because we're not in THEIR shoes. But if you want to see STO around for a long time you wouldn't want this much different. That's the big picture.

    I doubt people will see it this way, but I know. STO is in for the long haul. And now I better shut up before I say too much.
  • nobody0806nobody0806 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    While i ABSOLUTELY DISAGREE with those Changes and think that its another BAD Move from Cryptic into the Wrong Direction, i at least want to know one thing, so are the 2 Old Risa Ships GONE for Just New Accounts or also For Accounts where at least 1 or More Chars have those Ships allready Unboxed? I Have both the Cruiser and the Corvette on 1 or more Chars, so can i Slot those Ships on my New Chars that dont have it? i mean by all Rights I SHOULD be able to, they Made those Ships Account Wide Discounted, now they Remove that Completly with the Ships? I Really Hope that i still can get those Ships for my New Chars, maybe with 40 of the new Currency??? if not that would be a MAJOR LETDOWN.:confused:
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    this is a free to play game. key words..FREE TO PLAY.

    they do this because they want to, not because they have to. they're as much fans of startrek as we are.

    remember, be kind and polite, get a useful and timely response back. be hostile...see if they respond to anyone. again, they do this because they want to, not because they have to.

    trendy, taco, keep up the good work, I know this isnt an easy job, and days like today with all the flak and mud flying about dont make it any easier. just know there are people who appreciate the work you do.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    I got multiple summer event ships already and am not going to miss out on any, but I fully understand the strong emotions. If I didn't have the ships already, I might say much the same. But if we take a few steps back, one thing becomes obvious, which is they will probably eventually find another way to reintroduce these ships again after players forget them a while. They been doing this to other items, emotes and, correct me if I'm wrong, even ships. For certain the strong sentiment shown here would encourage them to do so.

    Throughout the game has been a continually evolving, taking steps that makes players baffled, confused and at times amazed. People take that to mean something's wrong because it's such a radical idea, but in fact, it's quite the opposite. You don't classify as bad a book that brings a new twist with every chapter, or a movie that shocks you with the death of a main character. Those are some of the highest rated works out there. With STO, they found a way to relate with that same flair. Anyone who says the game is dead need just glimpse at this thread and feel the strong emotions expressed here. And the majority don't even post on these forums. Does it look dead to you? I don't think so.

    Every once in a while devs do something to show STO is very much alive and working as planned. What the players don't see coming is just part of the script, a plot twist to knock your socks off. Couple that with continual expansion, ever-changing features and progressive story line, Perfect World has designed something that works and best part is, people don't even have to like it because they can play f2p anyway and not spend a penny. Yet, people are surprised STO keeps turning up a profit...

    Step back a moment and think about it, PWE knows what it's doing. Talk about clever... They are unfolding a storyline, advancing STO in ways that keeps the player base on their toes, whether they like it or not. That alone translates into revenue and then there's all the rest... We just don't see it how they keep things moving because we're not in THEIR shoes. But if you want to see STO around for a long time you wouldn't want this much different. That's the big picture.

    I doubt people will see it this way, but I know. STO is in for the long haul. And now I better shut up before I say too much.

    You sound like a conspiracy theorist. Like those who insist 9-11 was an inside job. I promise you, there is no way the government is that coordinated, that capable, that competent...that it could actually have pulled off 9-11.

    And by the same token, there is no way PWE is that competent that all of the horrible changes in STO are part of some grand design scheme that will awe and appease us with its coming. S10's sector space overhaul is more along the lines of proof that 1 million monkeys banging on typewriters will come up with the works of Shakespeare--just like fumbling around blindly without any insight, perspective or historical experience with MMORPG's or Star Trek--will occasionally lead to brilliant and lauded changes to a STO.
  • darkknightucfdarkknightucf Member Posts: 1,546 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    I know this is dealing with an extremely small minority of players, but I advocate for them nevertheless.

    What if none of the Pearl offerings are desired? There are a few players that have:

    No need for spec points
    No need for R&D packages
    No need for the Tech upgrade
    No need for ship emotes

    What happens to those players who just want the ship(s), and ONLY the ship(s)?

    As for me, personally, I count myself lucky that I don't have a desire to own the ship(s) being retired, and I have no need for any of the consolation prizes. What DOES concern me is how this is being implemented; who's to say that something else will not receive the same treatment? What was wrong with stating that, after this event, here are the new rules going forward? Are you, Cryptic, in that much of a money-grab hurry for PWE?

    Playing off and on since release, this would have been the first time that I would visit Risa, to see the artwork and check out the event. This decision has, instead, caused me to join in a boycott of Risa to protest on behalf of those players who will lose out on what they did grind for, to meet and exceed your metrics at an earlier time.

    I am certain that, if trends like this continue, other boycotts will be made by a much larger group, and will have a much bigger impact than not being in one star system.

    Ms. Trendy and Mr. Fangs, your efforts are respected by the player-base that see what you write (and by those that we tell about your efforts). Even if we do not agree 100% with what was/is stated, we respect you both. Thank you.
    @Odenknight | U.S.S. Challenger | "Remember The Seven"
    Fleet Defiant Kinetic Heavy Fire Support | Fleet Manticore Kinetic Strike Ship | Tactical Command Kinetic Siege Refit | Fleet Defiant Quantum Phase Escort | Fleet Valiant Kinetic Heavy Fire Support
    Turning the Galaxy-X into a Torpedo Dreadnought & torpedo tutorial, with written torpedo guide.
    "A good weapon and a great strategy will win you many battles." - Marshall
    I knew using Kinetics would be playing the game on hard mode, but what I didn't realize was how bad the deck is stacked against Kinetics.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,476 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why are the starship emotes only per character unlocks and why are the Tech Upgrades bound to character on pick up? Ship emotes should be an account wide unlock and everything else should be bound to account until used! :mad:
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • nobody0806nobody0806 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xraiderv1 wrote: »
    this is a free to play game. key words..FREE TO PLAY.

    they do this because they want to, not because they have to. they're as much fans of startrek as we are.

    remember, be kind and polite, get a useful and timely response back. be hostile...see if they respond to anyone. again, they do this because they want to, not because they have to.

    trendy, taco, keep up the good work, I know this isnt an easy job, and days like today with all the flak and mud flying about dont make it any easier. just know there are people who appreciate the work you do.

    Really?? Well yea its Free 2 Playe but gues what....they want to make Money with the Game *SURPRISE:eek:* they dont do this Just to make you or me Happy, they make it for your Dollars and my Euros, and Trendy, Taco and all other Employes are...well EMPLOYES they are PAID for what they do, so YES they HAVE to do it, or do you think they get Paid for doing nothing??.....Welcome to Real World Economics my Friend :rolleyes:
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You sound like a conspiracy theorist. Like those who insist 9-11 was an inside job. I promise you, there is no way the government is that coordinated, that capable, that competent...that it could actually have pulled off 9-11.

    And by the same token, there is no way PWE is that competent that all of the horrible changes in STO are part of some grand design scheme that will awe and appease us with its coming. S10's sector space overhaul is more along the lines of proof that 1 million monkeys banging on typewriters will come up with the works of Shakespeare--just like fumbling around blindly without any insight, perspective or historical experience with MMORPG's or Star Trek--will occasionally lead to brilliant and lauded changes to a STO.

    You are not seriously comparing a change to a video game about imaginary spaceships to 9-11. Because I'm going to need Jupiter-size hands to pull off the level of facepalm there.
  • captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If tech upgrades are character bound and I use them on account bound weapons upgrades does that make weapon character bound?
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why are the starship emotes only per character unlocks and why are the Tech Upgrades bound to character on pick up? Ship emotes should be an account wide unlock and everything else should be bound to account until used! :mad:

    Just because one of your alts did the grind for a stack of Lol-Wut-Balls, you feel 'entitlement' to those emotes on all your alts? That would ruin the 'exclusivity'...

    Lol! Wut? Balls!
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    This change will not be limited to the Risian ship offerings. It's unlikely they will create or set-up a unique redemption policy for just one promotion.

    Pearls are just the beginning.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ...take that back.

    I bet he will once the iconic connie is made available to us.
    signature.png
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fortunately, most of my alts only banked the 40 pearls necessary to claim the ship my main was scheduled to grind. The main can then cash in on crafting mat's, which I store in my account bank for all my toons to use.

    At least now I can look forward to cashing in for the R&D boxes if I get too ambitious with the new "currency" grind... :o
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,090 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If tech upgrades are character bound and I use them on account bound weapons upgrades does that make weapon character bound?

    No, it says account bound. It's safe to use them.

    In fact you can use them on an unbound item and it stays unbound, you can still sell it on the exchange.
  • captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So folks that have 1000 pearls, Q-graphs, and Q-versery currency can jump 15 spec points. Lol. I feel a 17x nerf in future!!! Ha ha


    Edit: Above and Beyond comes to mind. Were is my Popcorn?
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.