test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Retiring Lohlunat Pearls

1424344454648»

Comments

  • nobody0806nobody0806 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    This is my point of view, feel free to disagree, you are within your rights to do so.

    And that Right i use and Definately Disagree with you :rolleyes:
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    people can read you know. "get wrecked" is a milder version of "get f" or "go f yourself". talking like a jock or caricature of an australian is just a meme. illuminati is a joke.

    the only people i could see miss it are non-native english speakers who translate to their native language first. if you can hear the words in your mind with the right accent and pronounciation, you instantly connect what they say.

    besides, talking incoherently is not a troll, just plain spamming.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    So, let me see if I can make sense out of this.

    The argument is that all ships should always be available to everybody, indefinitely?

    That we need to be fair to players who aren't even in the game yet? Or who are for the most part inactive players who log in once or twice a year?

    Careful there Bluegeek , with words like that someone just might blindside you there and call you disingenuous ... . :cool:
    I don't think that's reasonable and I don't think that's what most current players really want.

    I'm not opposed to that. But I'm not really opposed to retiring promo ships, either.

    Wow ... , that's such a mess I needed to color code my answer just to stay ahead of the curve ... (and to avoid misquoting you) :

    I'm not even sure what to say about the red bit , except it sounds an awful lot like one of Virus Dancer's posts -- a lot of words that manage to give the distinct impression that one does not have an actual opinion / firm corner on a subject .

    And if I did not make it clear with the last line in the post that got all the "attention" -- I'm old school in the terms that I like ppl who have a "corner" / clear concise line of thought , and I dislike / highly suspicious of those who change their opinions -- which in writing tends to represent their very selves -- on the count of which way the wind is blowing .
    These ppl rank below "White Knights" for me , as a White Knight at least has an opinion , and for the most part they stick by it (even if it's stupid or can be disproved) .

    See , what really popped for me were your two sentences "I don't think that's reasonable + I'm not opposed to that" on the same subject .
    Why state both ?
    You wanted to display that you had conflicting emotions ?


    As to the blue bit ... , heh , I understand that P1's Elijah has "retired" of sorts , but are you taking over his unique ability to speak for the silent majority ?
    See , the difference between your statement and my previous "troll post" is that I've actually read most of this thread , as well as the both Reddit threads on this issue .

    Thus while I am sorry that you felt that I did not cover your ... conflicting opinions on the subject (see the red bit above) -- I did in fact cover many of the straightforward opinions that were expressed in said threads .

    Personally, I like the idea of a Last Chance event.


    That at least is something we can agree on , but I'm afraid that that boat has sailed (at least for folks who were gathering Pearls but did not slot the ship project) , unless you want another emblems / going F2P / Stormshade event , where he encouraged ppl to spend their emblems before they announced that emblems were going to be turned into Dil .
    To make the connection -- currently Cryptic is encouraging ppl to spend their Pearls as if they have nothing to save it for , just like Stormshade did with the emblems fiasco , part 1 . :cool:





    ... part 2 was the conversion rate ...
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »
    people can read you know. "get wrecked" is a milder version of "get f" or "go f yourself". talking like a jock or caricature of an australian is just a meme. illuminati is a joke.

    the only people i could see miss it are non-native english speakers who translate to their native language first. if you can hear the words in your mind with the right accent and pronounciation, you instantly connect what they say.

    besides, talking incoherently is not a troll, just plain spamming.

    uh huh... if you say so :rolleyes:
    signature.png
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,637 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    We will be making every event ship you’ve ever earned and every event ship moving forward total account unlocks. As soon as one character on your account owns a ship, every single other character on your account that exists now or you will ever create will have immediate access to any event ship you’ve earned. There will be no need for your alts to play the event mission, no hoops to fly through other than picking up the ship from a store. Hopefully taking this extra step will address any lingering concerns you have with the overall change. Thanks for reading this far, and I look forward to seeing you on Risa soon!

    Something I just thought of. Any chance this new account wide unlock 'protocol' could apply to unique event items such as the anti-proton torpedo, or the Zefram Cochrane Shotgun, or even the unique Doffs from the same events? I like a lot of these items but have many new toons who'll never be able to claim them, which seems a shame.

    I'd like to point out that I'm not asking for the mega reward of dilithium and marks to be account wide for these events, simply the unique item rewards that come with them. If people want the big payout on more than one character, they should still have to invest the time and effort for that.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,031 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Something I just thought of. Any chance this new account wide unlock 'protocol' could apply to unique event items such as the anti-proton torpedo, or the Zefram Cochrane Shotgun, or even the unique Doffs from the same events? I like a lot of these items but have many new toons who'll never be able to claim them, which seems a shame.

    I'd like to point out that I'm not asking for the mega reward of dilithium and marks to be account wide for these events, simply the unique item rewards that come with them. If people want the big payout on more than one character, they should still have to invest the time and effort for that.
    i already thought of that a few days ago
    you know, this does make me curious though...any chance this system will be expanded to the rewards gained from the crystalline catastrophe and mirror invasion events?

    the items and doffs, obviously - not the marks and dilithium
    never got an answer either, unless i missed it
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

    #LegalizeAwoo

    A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"


    "It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Something I just thought of. Any chance this new account wide unlock 'protocol' could apply to unique event items such as the anti-proton torpedo, or the Zefram Cochrane Shotgun, or even the unique Doffs from the same events? I like a lot of these items but have many new toons who'll never be able to claim them, which seems a shame.

    I'd like to point out that I'm not asking for the mega reward of dilithium and marks to be account wide for these events, simply the unique item rewards that come with them. If people want the big payout on more than one character, they should still have to invest the time and effort for that.

    And there it is.

    The Summer and Winter events are the ONLY events that allowed us to slot projects for previous events.

    There is another precedent that is currently in place, where the situation is a bit different.

    Namely the Mirror Incursion, Crystalline Catastrophe, and Anniversary events.

    There are rewards... DOFFs, Marks, Dilithium, Promo items... that I do not have because either I missed playing the event, didn't want to play the event, or couldn't get all of my alts through the event. I have never been able to slot a previous event's project to claim a previous reward.

    Is that fair?

    I think yes. It's been understood. Those were limited time promotional rewards. The system has never allowed me to do anything different. The only similarity to the seasonal events is that the currency has been persistent from event to event, so I could complete a project over the course of two or more events if I had previously slotted it.

    I'd certainly like to be able to continue to complete projects progressively like that. But if they institute the unique currency for every event going forward, I would expect that to no longer be the case. As long as I know that going in, I can accept it even if I don't like it.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,637 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    i already thought of that a few days ago


    never got an answer either, unless i missed it

    Haha, great minds. I missed your post in the sea of 140+ pages.
    bluegeek wrote: »
    And there it is.

    The Summer and Winter events are the ONLY events that allowed us to slot projects for previous events.

    There is another precedent that is currently in place, where the situation is a bit different.

    Namely the Mirror Incursion, Crystalline Catastrophe, and Anniversary events.

    There are rewards... DOFFs, Marks, Dilithium, Promo items... that I do not have because either I missed playing the event, didn't want to play the event, or couldn't get all of my alts through the event. I have never been able to slot a previous event's project to claim a previous reward.

    Is that fair?

    I think yes. It's been understood. Those were limited time promotional rewards. The system has never allowed me to do anything different. The only similarity to the seasonal events is that the currency has been persistent from event to event, so I could complete a project over the course of two or more events if I had previously slotted it.

    I'd certainly like to be able to continue to complete projects progressively like that. But if they institute the unique currency for every event going forward, I would expect that to no longer be the case. As long as I know that going in, I can accept it even if I don't like it.

    I do understand there is a difference. But it doesn't hurt to ask. Also, I'm not asking for everybody who never took part in the events for whatever reason to be able to get these rewards, I'm asking for those of us who did to be able to claim the unique items on other characters.

    This new precedence surely opens the door to that possibility.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Aelfwin, forgive me if I decline to participate in your continued sentence and logic chopping.

    It is unreasonable to expect that Cryptic will never make changes and can never retire ships. It is unreasonable to expect that Cryptic has to make everything available to everybody indefinitely.

    If they decide to do that, fine. If they decide not to do that, it's their prerogative.

    They're obviously going to make changes and they're going to continue to obsolete ships. They've already set the precedent of prizes that come, and go, and stay gone. This new policy is just bringing the seasonal events in line with that and closing a loophole that they no longer choose to leave open.

    If this were not an official thread, I'd be closing it. We have the same set of people saying the same things over and over and over. Nothing new is being said and there is no longer a conversation. There are people talking at each other, not listening to each other, and set on winning an argument.

    The argument is over.

    If you have something new to say, or a new idea to share, please do. Otherwise, feedback sent and received. Endless arguing is not going to pressure Cryptic into doing what they've plainly laid out that they are not going to do, which is to leave everything the way it is.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 8,321 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    We have no idea what this year's Summer ship will be, but let's imagine that it's a T6 Risian ship. Further, let's imagine that it comes with a console that is made to be part of a 3-piece set with the previous 2 years' Risian ships. This would seem to make sense, as that's what was done with the Winter Event's Breen ships.

    Now, let's say you're a new Delta Recruit or a Vet, who didn't get/were unable to get the previous 2 years' Risian ships. Obviously stats, playstyle, etc., would play into your decision, but how appealing or less appealing would it be to try and get said T6 Risian ship, if you could NEVER complete the 3-piece set, because the previous 2 ships had been retired?

    If you're going to advocate for retirement and "exclusivity", then know that this situation, which until now never existed or was even thought of occurring, awaits those that will be unable to acquire the retired ships. This might even inform their decision to even participate at all in this year's Summer Event.

    Further, to be fair and equitable and maintain "exclusivity" (and you just know it's coming) ALL current Breen ships will be retired before this year's Winter Event. If you failed to obtain/slot your Breen Carrier, too bad. If you failed to obtain/slot your Breen Raider, no carrier pets for you. If you failed to obtain/slot your Breen Warship, say goodbye to the 3-piece set. Forever.

    Is this really the road we want to go down? Because if you were able to obtain only one of these Event ships, you'll be locked out forever of completing any sets they come with, or carrier pets they might unlock.

    It harms no one to make the ships obtainable every year. Sure, retire the currency, but not the ships. Retiring the currency is all that's needed to bring participation levels back up to where Cryptic may want them, and ensure that players can't game the system in that way again. Making the ships available every year doesn't harm participation in the event either, because a new ship is always available each year, and new players are always arriving to earn rewards. It's already been stated time and again by various players, some in this very thread, that, for various reasons, they can't finish earning even one ship every summer/winter. Ensuring the ships are always available is the carrot to draw them back each year.

    If the ships don't appeal to you, fine, don't get them. If the ships are just "too old" and not "the new hotness", okay, ignore them. If you've already earned the ships, great, congratulations to you. But don't deny them to someone else to whom they might be appealing and just may want to play with them, collect them, or complete an incomplete console set.

    Variety is the spice of life. More options are better than fewer options. Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online? Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • takegurutakeguru Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Now, let's say you're a new Delta Recruit or a Vet, who didn't get/were unable to get the previous 2 years' Risian ships. Obviously stats, playstyle, etc., would play into your decision, but how appealing or less appealing would it be to try and get said T6 Risian ship, if you could NEVER complete the 3-piece set, because the previous 2 ships had been retired?

    If this ends up being the case, I won't even bother with Risa this year.

    Further, to be fair and equitable and maintain "exclusivity" (and you just know it's coming) ALL current Breen ships will be retired before this year's Winter Event. If you failed to obtain/slot your Breen Carrier, too bad. If you failed to obtain/slot your Breen Raider, no carrier pets for you. If you failed to obtain/slot your Breen Warship, say goodbye to the 3-piece set. Forever.

    And this would be the straw that breaks me.

    I've mentioned it, the Carrier is the only event ship I care about at this point.

    Denying me the chance to get it because of circumstances out of my control would be EA levels of customer care.
  • nobody0806nobody0806 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Aelfwin, forgive me if I decline to participate in your continued sentence and logic chopping.

    It is unreasonable to expect that Cryptic will never make changes and can never retire ships. It is unreasonable to expect that Cryptic has to make everything available to everybody indefinitely.

    If they decide to do that, fine. If they decide not to do that, it's their prerogative.

    They're obviously going to make changes and they're going to continue to obsolete ships. They've already set the precedent of prizes that come, and go, and stay gone. This new policy is just bringing the seasonal events in line with that and closing a loophole that they no longer choose to leave open.

    If this were not an official thread, I'd be closing it. We have the same set of people saying the same things over and over and over. Nothing new is being said and there is no longer a conversation. There are people talking at each other, not listening to each other, and set on winning an argument.

    The argument is over.

    If you have something new to say, or a new idea to share, please do. Otherwise, feedback sent and received. Endless arguing is not going to pressure Cryptic into doing what they've plainly laid out that they are not going to do, which is to leave everything the way it is.

    No one Expects that Cryptic does no Changes to the Game, in fact they do Changes ALL the Time.

    But some things, things that Benefit EVERYONE, things that dont Hurt AYNONE, should be left the way they are, Changing tthose things WILL Hurt more than Enough People.

    This "New Policy" Leads into a bad Direction, STO is allready Loosing Players CONSTANTLY, yea there are new Players joning too...but when i look at my Friendslist where 80% of People didnt came Online for a VERY LONG time, when i see that 90% of my Fleet Members of my 2 Fleets were also not Online for also a VERY LONG Time, when i see and hear that WHOLE Fleets are Deserted and Vanishing now, cause People have enough of al the Negative Changes, than you can say whatever you want but THERE IS SOMETHING BADLY WRONG.

    Now its Summer Event Time, People get Excited, to Participate and get NEW and OLD Shinys, and BAM Cryptic comes with that Negative News that Pearls AND the 2 Old Ships are being Retired now....thats not a slap in the Face of those allready Tired and disgruntled People...no thats a BASEBALL BAT in their FACE. You really think Cryptic can afford that at the Moment?

    Since the Launch of Delta Rising one Negative (at least from the Viewpoint of us players, you may think Different) Change Followed by the Next, and now this????

    If People here are STILL Arguing, and yes over the SAME thing, than its because they are STILL not Happy with that, and STILL have a Valid Complaint and STILL Trying to change the Mind of the People who are in Charge. So DONT take it as a Offense, but for us the Argument is NOT Over.

    And Seriously if they are SO Determined to do this and SO Determined to Ignore us on that Topic, than my and many People Answer will be NOT to Participate in this Event and also NOT to Support a Company that Refuses to Listen to its Customers.

    I really dont want to Fight over this or Provoke anyone here, but our Complaint ARE Valid, we believe that those Changes are Wrong, and at least fpr me that will have Consequences, like i said before, no Summer Event for me in this Case...and iam sure i will not the only one. :(:(:(
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Seeing as I'm now having to moderate comments that are talking about "getting rekt" and telling people to go to hell, I am extremely dubious of the thread being well on topic. This has been a flame fest that I need to shut down, since there are people who have escalated to making threats over this. While I am sad to see these ships go, that is far more depressing.
This discussion has been closed.