Install Arc
Options

Game's totally unplayable

Comments

• Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    So what is a reasonable timeline to fix some bugs? A month? 6 months? 1 year? 5 years?

I also want to be president of the world, I can't because well it's not realistic. Is this what we're talking about here, cryptic's problem are too big to handle?

Nobody can give you a timeframe for a problem that is not fully understood. It's like going to the doctor and saying, "Fix me!" The Doctor says their tests can't sort out what the problem is. You say, "How long will this take?" The Doctor can't tell you until they know what the problem is.

I'll say this, going off the magic 8 ball. If the devs thought it would be more than a year and causing more than a few seconds delay for most players, I figure they'd just rip out every bit of potentially offending code until they can re-implement it and go into damage control.

If it's a minor inconvenience of a few seconds latency in PvE and it's not affecting most players, this might be a big that is with us for awhile. The game is not intended to support instant twitch control anyway. It might be a year or more in that case.

My magic 8 ball says it will be around Thanksgiving before it is fully addressed and take several attempts which fixes this in steps. And the fixes in the meantime will break a few other things.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Heard you the first 10000 time. I like how you dodge the question :D.
    You asked what the reasonable amount of time was and I replied there is no reasonable amount of time. So I do not see how I dodged the question - as it is a subjective question. For some people 1 day is reasonable, for other a month, and so on. The is no right answer to question which requires a subjective answer.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Were that true, then everyone would be impacted, not just part of the playerbase.

There has been a couple of things mentioned as possible causes of late, one being a DDoS attack.

If there are throttling issues somewhere between your ISP and Cogentoco, there is nothing Cryptic can do about that. They don't own or control the public internet.

However salami clearly stated how some abilities are extremely stressing for the game. I can give you an example.

Try doing a 1v1 with someone for testing. Make your opponent load Destabilizing Resonance Beam and use it against you. Then try to do something while under its effect.

Now, after you've witnessed how much it can slow down, imagine a whole team of players going full rambo. You must have a very powerful graphic card to not be heavily influenced by these kind of stuffs. However it's also true that the game should perform WAY better than it does on every graphic card. I can't come up with an explanation for how the heck War Thunder plays more smoothly than STO.
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • Options
    zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My magic 8 ball says it will be around Thanksgiving before it is fully addressed
    Bull... S**t.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    zeatrex wrote: »
    Bull... S**t.

lol

10chars
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    "Extremely stressing for the game" doesn't mean everyone slows to a crawl or rubberbands or experiences significant issues of any kind.

Yes, yes it does. I did a 4v4 private last day, everyone after the match highlighted how heavy the lag was for them, including but not limited to power's FXs. And the times Resonance Beam was fired everything on the screen was like "lolfps".

Dude seriously, how can you defend your statements? I can't see a plausible reason.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Provide a reasonable time frame for a company to fix technical issues then I will retract my comment that you're dodging the question.

We have all the time in the world, up until the end of the universe is an acceptable answer.
    You need to stop being an idiot, what game are you playing?
    You know very well that the people of this company which you are playing the game of will never say when the hell it is going to stop or get worked on. Just by looking at all the things brought out new with no bug fixes at all shows you this. Stop attacking people like a freaking a-hole and get off the forums!
    No, no it doesn't.

Since S10 I have experienced some minor lag on one occasion during a CCA run. I'm running all sorts of queued events daily, both private with my fleetmates and public. Except for that one time in the CCA, I haven't had any issues whatsoever, nor have the majority of my fleetmates.

I can defend my statements by my personal experience and the experience of my friends/fleetmates who are also not having any difficulties whatsoever. Just about every thread here about lag issues contains a few replies from people not having problems.

So no, not everyone is experiencing the same problem to the same degree you are. Are others having similar issues to you? Of course, there is no denying that. That doesn't mean every single player is affected the same way you are.
    I am very glad all your post subsides with Cryptic/PWE never being the problem, but it is getting old. This problem is not on our end, it is on the GAME'S end, which means their end. Stop trying to come up with pathetic excuses to make it seem it is on our end. If the game was perfectly fine: NO ONE WOULD LAG AT ALL - period!

90% of the people who play this game probably don't even read the forums, don't let lack of replies on the matter speak for the whole game's population, it makes you look crazy. Those that are not here raging about the lag is because of 3 possible things;

1. Not getting lag for now, so they are playing the game.
    2. Are getting lag but trying to make the most of it while trying to enjoy the game.
    3. Started playing another f**king game because this has being freaking ridiculous.
  • Options
    christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I guess im just lucky. No lag and no crashing. I hope things get better with your game
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm not saying Cryptic isn't at fault.
    You are always saying that, hence your signature.
    Just stop typing.
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Your apology is unnecessary - for, had fatman bothered to read what I had posted (and to which he was replying), he might have noticed that I was responding to the OP.

But you made a claim about experiencing no lag, and further, that the problem was likely with the user. I was asking you a direct question, about whether you played content where lag has been reported. It was an entirely separate inquiry, the answer to which I'd genuinely like to know.

It seems like reading comprehension is lacking today, everyone must be burnt out from working or something...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    How exactly am I "always saying that" when I just posted that part of the issue is due to Cryptic?
    I have a crazy built up PC designed to play any game which I already mentioned in another post on this thread, I can even play 4 games in different windows with no freaking lag on any. My internet is probably 4 times more then what you pay. You do not lag?.. Then I should lag even less then what you lag. If you aren't going to have common sense in your conversation, you rather just stop typing.

1. I have a more powerful system then probably anyone in this website.
    2. My connection cost far more then probably anyone on this website.
    3. I have no connection problems, no internet issues, no firewall, no whatever the hell you want to come up with.

I am far more superior then you in the sense of technology to PLAY this game. If you aren't lagging yet I am, there is something wrong with the game, not my computer or whatever you want to make up. I know about computers, I built this rig myself, I know what I am talking about, so stop coming on here talking about it is on our end like a freaking fanboy for f**k sake!

Place that on your damn signature.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    And I play on a crappy ASUS notebook that cost less than $500 bucks and I'm not having the problems you and others are complaining about.
    You just reinforced my statements, the problem is not on our end.
    And yes it is totally Cryptic fault, they either fix the problem or get a new provider. But they won't get a new provider because we have idiots claiming it is in the players side the problem. Cryptic said they have issues with the server, that right there automatically kills any attack on US - the players, causing or having the issue on our end.

Enough said.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I have a crazy built up PC designed to play any game which I already mentioned in another post on this thread, I can even play 4 games in different windows with no freaking lag on any. My internet is probably 4 times more then what you pay. You do not lag?.. Then I should lag even less then what you lag. If you aren't going to have common sense in your conversation, you rather just stop typing.

1. I have a more powerful system then probably anyone in this website.
    2. My connection cost far more then probably anyone on this website.
    3. I have no connection problems, no internet issues, no firewall, no whatever the hell you want to come up with.

I am far more superior then you in the sense of technology to PLAY this game. If you aren't lagging yet I am, there is something wrong with the game, not my computer or whatever you want to make up. I know about computers, I built this rig myself, I know what I am talking about, so stop coming on here talking about it is on our end like a freaking fanboy for f**k sake!

Place that on your damn signature.

Wait!!!! so you personaly account for the network between cryptic and you?? that there cant be anything wron at all between them and you? cause I don't lag.....at all.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here's Salamiinferno's post:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=23621141#post23621141
    There are three large issues that are impacting performance right now, and they're all under investigation.

We're having some odd network issues, not including DDOS attacks, and you may have seen trendy collecting traces along with other information from players. This data is being passed off to our network engineers who are working to solve this issue.

A bug that caused major FPS issues went live with Season 10 and wasn't discovered until Friday. We have a fix that's already on tribble and will go live this week.

We did some profiling on our heavier maps and discovered that some player powers are incredibly expensive on our gameservers. It will take some time to identify them all and rebuild them in a way where they are functionally identical to you, but far less expensive for the gameservers. This is a change that will take time but will trickle out as we identify the offending powers and make fixes.

This is a pretty big deal to us and we have a fair amount of people across a wide array of disciplines working to get this resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience and my delay in posting something about it. Nothing nefarious about the delay, it's simply a busy time over here post release.

*grabs popcorn*

White Knights....CHARRRRRGE! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Wait!!!! so you personaly account for the network between cryptic and you?? that there cant be anything wron at all between them and you? cause I don't lag.....at all.
    You don't get my point do you?.. I'm just going to leave there because your brain is as empty as your posting.
    synfoola wrote: »
    Thank you, now they all can stop stating we are the problem and GTFO.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Then you should see a doctor. Probably a therapist since your getting sick from reading a forum. It's most likely stress related.

And I play on a crappy ASUS notebook that cost less than $500 bucks and I'm not having the problems you and others are complaining about. So that tells me if it was all on Cryptics end I'd be having the same issues as you only multiplied by an order of magnitude.

Do lag an connection problems exist? Hell yes.

Are many affected? Hell yes.

Are just as many people not experiencing the same lag and connection problems? Hell yes.

Has Cryptic admitted that some of the problems exist on their end? Hell yes.

Does that mean the problems are entirely Cryptics fault? Not even close. Only the stuff causing under their control is their fault.
    Heh, to add to that, aside from periodic rubber banding.... I've been occasionally experiencing a strange form of lag that I only rarely saw prior to DR... I'm in a social zone, and it's working normally, then I turn around and the game pauses while it redraws the map... It's definitely NOT a connection speed issue, it seems to be nothing more than it taking an inordinate amount of time for it to redraw the map.... one place I've seen it this week was DS9.... while using renderscale .5

doesn't seem to affect missions really. It seems to be a phenomenon almost entirely limited to social zones.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I turn around and the game pauses while it redraws the map...
    This can happen a lot if you go to the exchange on ESD then after a while, turn around and just run out of the exchange. You will see the map which supposedly is behind you (when facing the exchange consoles) isn't drawn out and takes some time to draw back in.

This happen to me multiple times, I know for a fact it is not our problem all this lag and TRIBBLE this game is causing. This is why I seem so offensive, mad, frustrated and up to grab anyone by the nut sacks and totally rotate them 360 degrees.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    You just reinforced my statements, the problem is not on our end.
    And yes it is totally Cryptic fault, they either fix the problem or get a new provider. But they won't get a new provider because we have idiots claiming it is in the players side the problem. Cryptic said they have issues with the server, that right there automatically kills any attack on US - the players, causing or having the issue on our end.

Enough said.

I just have to say wow. You really think that you have a better system then any of us? maybe some of us but to sit there an claim that you have better tech then all of us is frankly delusional.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    No one denies that there are problems on Cryptic's end.
    Stating that the problem might still be in our end and not the company is denying. Even more if the company its own self said they are. Are you going to keep this bulls**p up or is it that you don't know when to quit?
    Yes cuz Cryptic owns the entire internet and all the ISP's. Being a game company that only has 3 games is a conspiracy to conceal the fact that they are actually the Illuminati. :eek:

Seriously see a therapist.
    They have the choice of finding a new provider, maybe they need a therapist being they haven't done it yet. You can also join them because you do not seem to put in your head how easy a new provider can also solve issues.

You seriously aren't humorous at all and your lack of intelligence makes your "humor" far more annoying.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    You don't get my point do you?.. I'm just going to leave there because your brain is as empty as your posting.

Thank you, now they all can stop stating we are the problem and GTFO.

All I hear from you is arrogance. You are upset cause the game isn't working perfectly for you and your frustrated that its working for us peons. Maybe you should just stop playing STO cause of it. I know I wont mind.

P.S. don't hate cause you don't own the ISP between you and cryptic........it just stinks up the room.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON