test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game's totally unplayable

laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
First launcher issues, which are just persistent. The magic times it manages to load something the game crashes after 5 minutes. Using a proxy is of no use.

Essentially it had become unplayable, and things just got worse with the last patch. Again, something's really, really broken.
I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
Post edited by laferrari1 on

Comments

• Options
    bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well you say no one else is posting... well they are in the right subsection. They are hardly the only person crashing and having to deal with terrible server connections.

Unless you are going to claim your connection is 100% and you experience no lag and or crashes to desktop.
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    But then if you can log in, you'll just have to put up with the lag. Clicking boff powers and they don't fire, or if they do, nothing happens and your power goes into cooldown. Or you rubber band across half the map. Or you think you tossed a gravity well on the spheres but fail the mission soon after because you apparently misfired once you turned attention back to the transformer.

If you're lucky you'll experience just one of those, but usually you'll get all of them at once. The game is unplayable unless you don't play STFs.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm sorry to hear that you are still having problems, but look on the bright side. It's not a problem that is affecting other players. If it were there'd be dozens of angry threads made by other players on the forums instead of just your threads.

And btw it's really childish to start another thread in this section just because the first one was moved to the section you should have posted it in in the first place.

So Mods or Trendy if you see this thread please merge it with the OP's first thread which was moved to Support > PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues > Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues.

Childish? Huh? Probably you misunderstood me. It's fine that other has been moved to the other section, but this doesn't want to be a bug report, more for figuring out if it's just me. Kind of they posted about Klingon revamp in GD because "it's more visited". How many people would see this down there in technical difficulties?
    deokkent wrote: »
    Lol riccardo, you should seriously consider moving on, nobody here cares about the user experience. And you've been really unhappy dude.

Pragmatism! ;)

Lol deok, was just sad as I wanted to have a spin on some canon ships and have a chat with good old friends. If you have a Steam account hook me up with your nickname through PM in here, maybe we can get to play some War Thunder or Fractured Space together :D
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,390 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, Ferrari, I can assure you that I, at the very least, have not experienced any of the issues you have.

I'm starting to think maybe this old desktop of mine is magical or something - folks carry on as if the server itself is constantly crashing, the login server never works, and the old tray bugs have gone totally uncorrected. Meanwhile, I'm cruising along here, nary a glitch in sight, managing to play the game without issue as though the server weren't crashed at all. Am I tapping into some parallel-universe version of STO?

Or then again maybe the problem isn't with Cryptic at all...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ric, it's time to move on, forget STO until a major lag fix, literally :D
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    jonsills wrote: »

To many people with the same issues for it to not be a Cryptic issue.

7 MMOs on my desktop... and there all rock stable with pings that never touch the triple digits. STO is the odd one out, I have never had any issues with crashes, lag though ya every time I log in to see if the game is even playable a few times a month.

If its an issue with there local connection provider and not under powered hardware, then they should make a business decision and dump them.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, Ferrari, I can assure you that I, at the very least, have not experienced any of the issues you have.

I'm starting to think maybe this old desktop of mine is magical or something - folks carry on as if the server itself is constantly crashing, the login server never works, and the old tray bugs have gone totally uncorrected. Meanwhile, I'm cruising along here, nary a glitch in sight, managing to play the game without issue as though the server weren't crashed at all. Am I tapping into some parallel-universe version of STO?

Let me ask you this, do you regularly queue for STFs?
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Cryptic has already admitted that part of the problem is Trait interaction at level 50+.

If anyone thinks Cryptic is going to test every Trait against every other Trait and Map, find the Traits that are causing conflict, rebuild all those Traits, retest then, and then put them back into the game and have that not take months then people are only fooling themselves. It took them months to figure out whey the Skirmish map kept crashing people when they clicked the Console to exit.

If people want to keep playing STO during this issue the best thing they could do is play sub-50 characters and stay away from all zones where the 50+ are playing. At that point you will only need to deal with Cogent issues. If you feel like you do not want to play a sub-50 character then the best thing you can do is not play at all. Simply take a break from the game: find another game to keep you busy for a couple of months. Save your own sanity.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    nandospc wrote: »
    Ric, it's time to move on, forget STO until a major lag fix, literally :D

Same goes for you, give me your Steam ID. If you don't have one, create one and tell me!
    edalgo wrote: »
    The problem is a "major fix" would involve something like this

https://youtu.be/MymoEWY9Kjo

Better off starting a new.

SEE YOU ALL IN THE NEXT STAR TREK GAME!

I was thinking about a ST Excalibur video but lol, that's so much better!
    Which is my point. This section of the forums hasn't shown the typical response from the community if it were affecting others. People just love raging in this section when they can't login.

Even your previous thread which was in this section yesterday before it was moved only had 22 posts and 12 of the responses were made by you.

Counting posts and stuff just to say I'm raging about not being able to log in. That's more childish than you can imagine.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    If the problem the OP was having was related to queuing STF's it would mean his launcher was working and he could actually get into the game.

If you would have bothered to look at who I quoted then you would know I was not addressing the OP.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    laferrari1 wrote: »
    Same goes for you, give me your Steam ID. If you don't have one, create one and tell me!
    Nah, i can't "just go", i've a fleet to manage and a group of friends to play with every night on TS. It's not yet the time ;) Anyway, i don't use Steam so much, but if you want to add me, just find "nandospc"
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Frankly I think something changed with season 10.
    My reasoning is that prior to it and I mean that morning prior, the only time I even got lag was when everyone did and the servers were about to go down. But I always loaded and could run three instances of STO and have my internet browser up at the same time and jump between them.

That night after patch and I got the synch error a respectable number of people suddenly began getting. I would go ten to twelve login attempts and get no where. Check forums and while some had the exact same issue. It was my machine suddenly. A machine older than some having the issue and newer than some that are not. I have tried every solution aside from leaving to never play again. Yeah I love those 'helpful' suggestions.

Things that have helped:
    Run nothing else but STO. (Including disable anti-virus) Tell it to use full screen every time in options and save. And I can get it to only crash once on start up. Seriously I had a twenty year old Chevy that was easier to start. :P
    Once going I have had one crash to desktop. And it was a DR exclusive scene. After swearing for a minute. (I need to learn new swear words I started repeating pretty fast.) I filed my report and managed to log back in.

Is there an issue?
    I think the answer is Yes.

Since it is only with STO, it just might be up to the troubleshooters there to identify what and how it can be fixed. (Even if that is change the hardware recommendations off of our video cards.)

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    10 MMO's on my crappy ASUS Notebook and the only game I have trouble launching is SWTOR. That game always takes 5-10 minutes to launch on my system.

If your launcher has a "ST" in the bottom left you have the junk streaming version of the launcher. I reinstalled by downloading from there site awhile back and noticed it wanted to rearange data on my hard drive all the time. They incorperated bitraider tech... its terrible.

As annoying as it is uninstall that junk and reinstall from a disk if you have one... not sure if its possible to find an older non stream version without a disc.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am in for two hours now and I live on the other side of america, with a pc from 2007, a 256 graphic card and 150-200 kb download.

No lag or rubberbanding, only at events or special days.

I know that my security program locks the launcher when some files have been updated, and then I need to unlock them again. but that happened 2x in years.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bobs1111 wrote: »
    If your launcher has a "ST" in the bottom left you have the junk streaming version of the launcher. I reinstalled by downloading from there site awhile back and noticed it wanted to rearange data on my hard drive all the time. They incorperated bitraider tech... its terrible.

As annoying as it is uninstall that junk and reinstall from a disk if you have one... not sure if its possible to find an older non stream version without a disc.
    Wait.. are you talking about TOr or STO?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,382 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    laferrari1 wrote: »
    First launcher issues, which are just persistent. The magic times it manages to load something the game crashes after 5 minutes. Using a proxy is of no use.

Essentially it had become unplayable, and things just got worse with the last patch. Again, something's really, really broken.

As others have pointed out PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues is where you should post this.

Additional info is also required:
    - Which launcher: Arc or Steam
    - Have you tried the safe mode (arc launcher, options, tag safe mode and save)
    - Which processor (e.g. AMD) and graphics card (e.g. Nvidea) are you using?
    - Which version of directX are you using (9 or 11)
    - Are your drivers updated?

further i'd like to direct you towards the links here.

Best of luck.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    folks carry on as if the server itself is constantly crashing, the login server never works, and the old tray bugs have gone totally uncorrected. Meanwhile, I'm cruising along here, nary a glitch in sight, managing to play the game without issue as though the server weren't crashed at all. Am I tapping into some parallel-universe version of STO?

Yes mirror universe indeed.

I've had the game crash repeatedly with DirectX Fatal Errors, the last of which must have overstressed the aging graphics card to the point of failure, lag is sometimes fine, and at other times impossible to play: maps like FFA I now avoid because the lag's been constant and severe (slide-show) for at least a month consistently. Later ISA started lagging badly on and off and still does.

My OS corrupted completely (coincidentally with another STO Crash - this game must be cursed or something), so installed Win8.1 after a full format, got the RMA graphics card the next day, installed fresh new nvidia drivers, fired up STO, CTD as soon as I set the graphics higher, repeatedly. Now I keep "Bloom Quality" on low just to be sure nothing else is causing CTDs. I blame the corruptions on these SSDs which have poor error correction, vulnerability to hand resets, and faulty backwards sata compatibility, and this is my 2nd SSD, a brand new top of the line consumer level samsung. Maybe Win8 will get along with SSDs a bit better.

Tray abilities were fine ONE time only, after the most recent patch that included them in the fix. Of course before that I had it worse while all others couldn't visualize or understand what I could possibly mean by console-click lag/failure, and suddenly many others had it bad. Not long after the problem came back, just not as terrible as it was for many months before that.

I get devs don't have time to write detailed patch notes, but neglecting to mention under "Known Issues" the horrendous Lag that makes this game unplayable when it happens, the loader crashes many report, and unpredictable graphics driver and directX crashes is a concern to say the least. Perhaps PWE, or whoever owns it now, could get their priorities straight.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's always interesting to me how some people can have such game breaking bugs, when I have never had anything remotely similar on any game I have ever played.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,390 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sorry I missed that. My bad and apologies.
    Your apology is unnecessary - for, had fatman bothered to read what I had posted (and to which he was replying), he might have noticed that I was responding to the OP.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Oh man, testimony to Cryptic's incompetence. Are you trying to help them or help them dig their own grave?:rolleyes:
    I am not trying to do either. I am simply pointing out that the Trait issue is not a simple fix. People sometimes have this idea that everything can be instantly fixed simply because they want it to be. That is not always the case. I am certain that Cryptic wants the problem fixed more than anyone else. It is your hobby, but it is there livelihood.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Wait.. are you talking about TOr or STO?

Was talking about TOR, Cryptics streaming patching works a lot better then EAs outsourced junk. One of the few things Cryptic does in fact do better then some others.

If you have the streaming version you see the ST in the bottom left after your logged in before you hit play.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    So what is a reasonable timeline to fix some bugs? A month? 6 months? 1 year? 5 years?

I also want to be president of the world, I can't because well it's not realistic. Is this what we're talking about here, cryptic's problem are too big to handle?
    When you get a little older you might realize that jumping up and down and screaming does not always get the problem fixed any faster then just sitting and waiting. :)

Beyond that there is no "reasonable" time. It is going to take as long as it takes; whether that is 1 month or 6 months. It is an issue that is completely out of our control. As I said in my original post, you can sit here and make yourself crazy over it or you can just go and do something else. I am not going to let any game make me crazy. YMMV
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    So what is a reasonable timeline to fix some bugs? A month? 6 months? 1 year? 5 years?

I also want to be president of the world, I can't because well it's not realistic. Is this what we're talking about here, cryptic's problem are too big to handle?

Gotta agree with you. Having the lag problem going on for so long is just ridiculous. There's no excuse for that.
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Eventually? Soon? Why is having an exact date important? Why are you so invested in playing the home game of The Customer Is Not Always Right?
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • Options
    zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fatman592 wrote: »
    But then if you can log in, you'll just have to put up with the lag. Clicking boff powers and they don't fire, or if they do, nothing happens and your power goes into cooldown. Or you rubber band across half the map. Or you think you tossed a gravity well on the spheres but fall the mission soon after because you apparently misfired one you turned attention back to the transformer.

If you're lucky you'll experience just one of those, but usually you'll get all of them at once. The game is unplayable unless you don't play STFs.

^ All this right here.
    Fleet Starbase Alert 5-man Run = Epic Lag Rubberbanding Central.
    Yes there is.

1. Hardware on the customers end. Not everyone owns a high end gaming rig that costs thousands of dollars

2. Software problems on the customers end. Programs interfere with each other. Files get corrupted.

3. ISP issues somewhere along the line between the customer and the game server.

4. Finally something wrong on the companies end that is actually their fault.

You morons keep blaming the freaking people of the server lag the game gives make me sick. I have a super powerful PC with the BEST internet connection in my country (monthly charge of $120.00 - yes you f**king read right - $120 a month) and I still get lag only when I run Fleet Starbase Alert the 5-man run (not saving the transport version). It's funny how I play every aspect of the game yet only lag in this alert all the time. That right there tells you that there is something wrong with THE GAME, not my PC or connection or whatever your imaginary friends wants you to believe. Your entire post and list is totally worthless and meaningless to me and to probably the zillion of other people that play this game. You're only valid point is 4, nothing else.

That post you made would work back in 1995, but it's 2015 - most people now have kick TRIBBLE computers so stop bringing up the old; "It is on the player's end" bullship. I am an example that what you claim is totally untrue up to point 3.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Yes there is.

1. Hardware on the customers end. Not everyone owns a high end gaming rig that costs thousands of dollars

2. Software problems on the customers end. Programs interfere with each other. Files get corrupted.

3. ISP issues somewhere along the line between the customer and the game server.

4. Finally something wrong on the companies end that is actually their fault.

Blaming current computers' performance isn't one of them. Of course, some people with low-end hardware are to take into account but the issue is so widespread that I don't think so many people in here can blame their hardware. I don't for sure. I can run War Thunder on medium/high settings with excellent frame rate, while STO must be kept with low/medium settings to avoid 1 FPS stalls: even then my computer turns in a helicopter. Oh it still does FPS stalls when other players' powers start to come in. To sum up

War Thunder: next-gen game, has better graphics, doesn't lag and isn't stressing to run.

STO: 5 years old, worse graphics, lags every time it can and even then is way harder to run.

And I have the 2012 Retina MacBook Pro. So yeah, hardware issue is busted from my side.

It's not the hardware, it's the game server that can't keep up. ISP is a known issue but every other developer would have addressed it in a reasonable time. DR came out in october, we're in may, 7 months later.

I even restored Windows in the process, Launcher still kept to malfunction. Who should I blame, Apple and BootCamp? Windows 7? Illuminati? My ISP? Gajiin for having a stable game?