test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forums are off again

dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/9196863-announcement:-game-wide-forum-migration

So with the forums migrating to Arc does this mean it will get a bit of a wipe on the way over?

As per trendy, the forums will not be moving just yet until the new ones work a bit better. There is a post in here saying as much.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't like change.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    *insert DOOM reason here*
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It didn't last time. It did turn thigns into "archived posts" though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And yet I still can't change my username...
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    edit: No comment.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'll be blunt...that's just TRIBBLE.

But vanilla... Everything named after ice cream is good right?

*sigh*

*inserts dooom*
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'll be blunt...that's just TRIBBLE.

No, TRIBBLE doesn't do it justice. Insert a long string of Forum TOS violating words here...stretched out over multiple posts...and it might just begin to hint at how stupid that is.

I agree, nothing we can do, this will be in the guiness book of world records for idiotic ideas.

:(
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hope the pvp forums are removed when this happens. :D
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    May 4th I will be doing a 12x XP event over on SWTOR, anyway. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You have to wonder if STO players will be trolling the other game forums or vice versa.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    edited April 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

Totally forgot bout that, thanks for reminder.

Hey if were lucky, they'll merge all their games into one thing as well though, that way ...ah nevermind...

• velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    With the forums moving over to Arc, are we looking STO players being forced over to Arc as well? Right now, I am happy with the current launcher I am using.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    edited April 2015
    velqua wrote: »
    With the forums moving over to Arc, are we looking STO players being forced over to Arc as well? Right now, I am happy with the current launcher I am using.
    As I have said since ARC was announced, I have no doubt that eventually everyone will be forced to use either ARC or Steam. But who know when that might happen.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited April 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

Lies...I saw!

http://i.imgur.com/4SjKDiC.png

Because yeah, Recent Discussions & Activity aren't limited to a particular forum.

Devtracker?
    Today's Post?

Well, will be able to see that somebody just posted in the French Swordsman forums!

/thebiggestfreakingfacepalmever
    edited April 2015
    Lies...I saw!

http://i.imgur.com/4SjKDiC.png

Because yeah, Recent Discussions & Activity aren't limited to a particular forum.
    I know. I just added all that stuff after I followed the link the OP provided. I wanted to make certain I was not going to lose my name, again. :)
    edited April 2015
    velqua wrote: »

Sooner or later, I don't have ARC and still refuse to have it, simply because it isn't needed. So since I don't have this silly thing that seems to be forced after all, I guess I will visit forums even less..

conspiracy theory time...that's their goal.

• cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On May 4th, we’ll be migrating all forums to one singular location and to make things much easier for you guys.

How sexist.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hooray! I can go back to being Archived post again.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What I'm wondering is if we will be perhaps losing sections or something...
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh no.

*speculation head*

Let me guess, it'll have some "features" that effectively eliminates something or other that makes effective browsing, searching, or access that much less convenient.

Sort of like the 'tag' system that tries to make directories and folders obsolete when in turn it makes everything impossible to find by a poorly-indexed search engine while also removing the ability to look through various categories at a glance.

Reminds me of the Arc front page with those tablet-friendly whateveritscalled making scrolling very slow, search web page no longer possible, forward and back no longer available, and no page number to instantly jump where you'd like back in time.

I believe the term is 'dumbing down' of everything under the pretense of making everything user friendly. It wouldn't be complete without large waste of screen real estate, of course to make it appealing.

Hope I'm wrong.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zathri83 wrote: »
    Hope the pvp forums are removed when this happens. :D

I love your sig :)

Now let's all sing the doom song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY278K4ljWs
    edited April 2015
    It is kind of funny...reading through Brandon's post and some of the other questions being asked out there - it doesn't specifically state that content is being moved. Also, Archived Post isn't an ARC account...what will happen to those posts that can't be attributed to a user - they creating that user for it?

https://twitter.com/PlayArcGames/status/592763979757420547
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The one thing I'm looking forward to is the fact you can flag posts instead of us hoping for a pm about bad posts!

I got called into work today so I can't help get answers to questions but I know some answers to your burning questions about it are coming! :)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They're migrating over literally every forum post and thread. It's gonna take a little bit on the coming Monday. It's going to be referencing ARC accounts, so any referral isn't going to be "Archived Post" but rather your ARC account name.
    edited April 2015
    Even if all the content is there, all the forums are there...

What about DevTracker?
    What about Today's Post...recent discussion..only in the STO forums?

What about how bloated ARC is (even via a website)...?
    What about how huge those signatures get? All the images that will be in posts? Videos in the posts?

I mean...seriously...meh.
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We are working on making sure there is a working dev tracker for launch
    edited April 2015
    They're migrating over literally every forum post and thread. It's gonna take a little bit on the coming Monday. It's going to be referencing ARC accounts, so any referral isn't going to be "Archived Post" but rather your ARC account name.

Right, but what about the Archived Post that are out there?

Like this thread for example: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=218273

It's a commonly linked thread for the information that Big Red provided. There are others out there as well.

There is not going to be an ARC account to link them to...
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Even if all the content is there, all the forums are there...

What about DevTracker?
    What about Today's Post...recent discussion..only in the STO forums?

What about how bloated ARC is (even via a website)...?
    What about how huge those signatures get? All the images that will be in posts? Videos in the posts?

I mean...seriously...meh.

As midnight said we are working on a dev tracker

The forums aren't bloated at all actually and are easier especially on phones

As for signatures.... Yeah that's gonna be interesting lol.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Right, but what about the Archived Post that are out there?

Like this thread for example: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=218273

It's a commonly linked thread for the information that Big Red provided. There are others out there as well.

There is not going to be an ARC account to link them to...

Those are all now linked to one user so it is doubtful that it will change back.
    edited April 2015
    Those are all now linked to one user so it is doubtful that it will change back.

Heh, not worried about them being linked back...long ago that was accepted that it would never happen that way. It's more a case of will those threads/posts continue to exist - is there going to be an ARC account created that maps to those threads sort of thing?