test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If I were the Lead Dev for a day, I'd...

driveclubfandriveclubfan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
  • Hit Fire at Will with the nerfbat to bring it in line with scatter volley.
  • Rebalance all the existing abilities to make every single one appealing and not useless (Aceton Beam much?).
  • Increase the XP gain by x2.
  • Remove the T5U thing and straight make a ship upgradable to T6 capabilities (minus the trait), making their Lieutenant seats hybrid universal.
  • Hit AtB with the nerfbat by allowing to slot only one of those doffs.
  • Hit Romulan Boffs with the nerfbat to bring them in line with other factions. (It's not possible that my Scimitar has 1/3 crit chance, 33% and unspeakable CrtD).
  • Give innate resistance to energy damage on hull to give torpedoes a reason to exist.
  • Give some basic matchmaking to PvP matches and make them more rewarding by increasing the awarded XP and adding an Advanced R&D Pack Reward.
  • Bring Mark XIII and XIV weapons in line with the damage scaling of lower marks. (click to see the brutal increase put on a cartesian graphic).
  • Change the game's ISP.
  • Give NPCs an Artificial Intelligence worth of that name by making them use more advanced tactics rather than being hitpoint bags.
  • At Mk XIV, if upgrading again to improve the mark of an item, make it a 100% chance to happen.
  • Rework the Cardassian Arc, it's some tedious firing practice.
  • Make Starship Traits account wide.
  • Go full force on making an update aimed to address long lasting bugs and issues.
  • Stay more in touch with the community with in-game Dev sessions rather than excruciating long podcasts.

Feel free to add. :cool:

EDIT: And see this post. ~ Bluegeek
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ... play my own game for at least 5min ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ban everyone on the forums who thinks they can make a better game.......
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    Ban everyone on the forums who thinks they can make a better game.......

You'd have to ban everyone. To be honest, I'd prefer a team of... uh... anything else is better.
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would sub to that game.

Twice.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hmm. If I was lead dev for a day I think I would be finding one of the devs and have them spending that day just explaining what they were doing and what the job entailed. I don't think I would get a single sweeping change started let alone implemented.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Remove PVP
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    guilli88 wrote: »
    I would sub to that game.

Twice.

lol thanks. That was original.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would take that day as a sick day and hang out at an arcade.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would adjust the A2B fix to make tech doffs chance based, rather than only one at a time, afterall, should any of them fail to work the build is screwed, make DCEs a 100% chance.

Making ship traits accountwide reminds me of spec unlocks, make those accountwide and refund any duplicates.

On exp, perhaps reducing the amount needed per level by half and increasing the rewards per mission by 25% and for each ground kill in line with space kills of the same level.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    rygelx16rygelx16 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree so much with the majority of these I would be fine with the few I don't just to make this happen.

This basically boils down to Cryptic spending some time on QOL and balance for a bit rather than lock boxes and more broken queues.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hit Fire at Will with the nerfbat to bring it in line with scatter volley.

FAW, CSV, and TS all need to be hit with the nerfbat...
    Rebalance all the existing abilities to make every single one appealing and not useless (Aceton Beam much?).

Some of that gets more into content than anything.
    Increase the XP gain by x2.

Why?
    Remove the T5U thing and straight make a ship upgradable to T6 capabilities (minus the trait), making their Lieutenant seats hybrid universal.

Why?
    Hit AtB with the nerfbat by allowing to slot only one of those doffs.

Why?
    Hit Romulan Boffs with the nerfbat to bring them in line with other factions. (It's not possible that my Scimitar has 1/3 crit chance, 33% and unspeakable CrtD).

A 2x Tac/3x Other Rom can have 7.5% CrtH / 18.8% CrtD more than a KDF/Fed.
    Give innate resistance to energy damage on hull to give torpedoes a reason to exist.

The resistance is already balanced.
    Give some basic matchmaking to PvP matches and make them more rewarding by increasing the awarded XP and adding an Advanced R&D Pack Reward.

Bring the PvE afking to PvP?
    Bring Mark XIII and XIV weapons in line with the damage scaling of lower marks. (click to see the brutal increase put on a cartesian graphic).

That ignores the cost of upgrading from Mk XII to Mk XIII to Mk XIV...they should have gone with Geko's original posted amounts rather than what they delivered.

Mk I - XII provided +10%.
    Mk XIII was supposed to give +20%...it's giving +40%.
    Mk XIV was supposed to give +40%...it's giving +70%.
    Change the game's ISP.

Isn't the sole cause of various issues and isn't an issue for some folks at all.
    Give NPCs an Artificial Intelligence worth of that name by making them use more advanced tactics rather than being hitpoint bags.

This is an extremely casual game...that would kill the game off.
    At Mk XIV, if upgrading again to improve the mark of an item, make it a 100% chance to happen.

The cost of the upgrade would have to be normalized to take into account the previous costs.
    Rework the Cardassian Arc, it's some tedious firing practice.

Different people enjoy different things.
    Make Starship Traits account wide.

Why?
    Go full force on making an update aimed to address long lasting bugs and issues.

They do need more staff, imho.
    Stay more in touch with the community with in-game Dev sessions rather than excruciating long podcasts.

I hate podcasts.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...speak to the mods about closing down threads from perpetual malcontents who don't actually play the game and instead spend all their time in the forums opening obvious flame bait threads about how much "better" they know how to do my job than I do.

This.

Track individual accounts on the STO forums and if they haven't touched the game for months, but persist in trolling and flaming? Remove them.

If individuals on the STO forums posts feedback on changes in the game without actually testing/playing it for themselves, remove them.

If individuals have a track record of displaying gross insanity who have completely lost their grip on reality, remove them -- or at least flag their accounts for the public to see just how insane they are.

Remove the name and shame policy for the forums, hold individuals accountable for their actions and what they say. If they can hold a grudge against Cryptic for saying this or that and not delivering, we should be able to give STO forum posters the same latitude.

Also, everybody gets a pay raise.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...speak to the mods about closing down threads from perpetual malcontents who don't actually play the game and instead spend all their time in the forums opening obvious flame bait threads about how much "better" they know how to do my job than I do.

Some of us have multiple monitors and browse the web/forums while we wait for ****ty small timers to pass. Timers such as 5 minute beam craft timers, 20 second craft timers, 5 second mark conversion timers. STF cooldown timers. Transwarp timers. And so forth.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Also, everybody gets a pay raise.

Hrmm, I'd rather they hired more folks than pay the folks they've got more money...well, outside of normal bonuses for jobs well done and things like that. Honestly, I just don't think they have the people they need to keep up with their production schedules without having to drop too many things and not being able to squash as many bugs as they could. Hell, I wish they'd higher more folks instead of adding more VO...get things normalized, then have the profit/revenue stream, and then look at adding the VO.
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Make everyone look like Pakleds.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hrmm, I'd rather they hired more folks than pay the folks they've got more money...well, outside of normal bonuses for jobs well done and things like that. Honestly, I just don't think they have the people they need to keep up with their production schedules without having to drop too many things and not being able to squash as many bugs as they could. Hell, I wish they'd higher more folks instead of adding more VO...get things normalized, then have the profit/revenue stream, and then look at adding the VO.

Well, if I'm only the Lead Dev for a day -- I'm under the impression there is a whole lot of nothing I can get done in a single work day (even accounting for working overtime).

I can't hire a whole bunch of people on the spot in a day, so if I'm going to make a strong impression on the development team, it'll be with the complete disregard of budgetary constraints.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    • Wish I could do a whole bunch of things, but can't because MY boss won't let me.

Fixed that for you.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There's the idea, and there's the code. Both not quite related to each other.

Developers code.
    Designers create ideas.

You can make awesome ideas and implement terrible code.
    You can make horrible ideas and implement perfect code.

Cryptic could be doing better in both fronts.

That said, I'd rather be a Designer than a Dev. Then, I'd need way more than one day if I ever want to make a difference.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Your cartesian plane doesnt have axis descriptions. I presume "y" is damage, I have no idea what "x" is, nor is there anything that would make sense to be there, other than mark level, but its obviously not mark.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    limit stacking to 1 only for consoles and traits.

player traits stack with everything... but only 1 bridge officer trait.

for consoles... no more console stacking. so if you want you can do +beams and +specific energy but not 5 copies of a specific energy type.

yeah I would give hulls innate energy resistance as well... unless they rework torps to remove the shield resistance.

remove shared cool downs on torps.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    remove shared cool downs on torps.

Make both TS/HY duration buffs like CRF/CSV/FAW/Surgical (as well as making BO a duration buff).
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Your cartesian plane doesnt have axis descriptions. I presume "y" is damage, I have no idea what "x" is, nor is there anything that would make sense to be there, other than mark level, but its obviously not mark.

It's time...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd unnerf everything the OP nerfed.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Remove PVP

If I was lead dev for a day, I would lock people who only talk about killing PvP into only being able PvP.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.

Wrong fix.

Y axis is damage, X axis is for showing marks. Wanna be more specific? Sure.

between MK XI and XII damage, there is around 4,5% difference.
    between MK XII and XIII damage, there is around 15% difference.
    between MK XIII and XIV damage, there is around 21% difference.

between MK XII and XIV damage, there is around 32,5% difference.

That's for base stats provided by Dual Heavy Cannons of same rarity, with same mods but different mark.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    It's time...

That makes even less sense. Time is a constant, not a variable for a measurement like this. According to you chart, the lower level equipment is getting less time to generate damage . Its not an apples to apples comparison. Try using the same time for ew h weapon and find a new "x" that is a viable factor, and maybe you have a point.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would institute a special button that makes everyone that cries about nerfs of overpowered abilities or asks for a higher refinement limit automatically lose 50 % of his current Dilithium. :p

Also, I'd give every player a (Dilithium, Zen, EC, Latinum, Lobi, Mark and even Grind) free space pony.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The one thing I would do is get a member of senior leadership to be a sponsor for the task of fixing how dialogue disrupts cloaks. And then I would help form his team.