Options

Account Server Login Issues

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,414 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    <insert harsh language>

Just got dc seconds from finishing a borg disconnected
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pop goes the server! :P
  • Options
    ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just logged in. looks like it's working now.
  • Options
    jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ga1en wrote: »
    Just logged in. looks like it's working now.

dont let it fool you..

i played about 1/2 a mission and got SNRs and DCd
    followed by "loading please wait.."
    Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
  • Options
    bravesteelbravesteel Member Posts: 0
    edited April 2015
    still dont work for me.
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had unplayable lag in ISA earlier today, then removed proxy-settings and it got better.

Is the problem with EU2? I forced EU2 during the Crystalline dc's and it helped with that, now the lag seems to be when I've forced EU2-proxy.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    thegreatrajathegreatraja Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yet another day of this ... Stuff... so does anyone know if they are working on the problem or what is going on? This is simply nuts
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Now there seems to be login queues... doesn't seem to affect me for more than 5-10 seconds, but it seems the servers are overloaded.

Quick, get more hamsters!
  • Options
    gorn2towngorn2town Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    Now there seems to be login queues... doesn't seem to affect me for more than 5-10 seconds, but it seems the servers are overloaded.

Quick, get more hamsters!

Quit your complaining. I haven't been able to log in since Thursday due to the game crashing with a DirectX error (because they have lazy programmers).
  • Options
    suntarusuntaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just Wondering. Did you guys actually mess up and download the original version like you did to the "Red Shirt" Server? That would explain a lot if these problems. The STability patch was Tuesday Morning, but it did not affect mine until Wednesday Evening. I only get as far as the Cryptic screen it loads less than 10% then it errors out "GameClient.exe". I sent in my IP address and bug report and now I am just waiting for the repair. If any of you has seen the email showing a new part of Neverwinter. Look at the overweight Hamster. No wonder why the Wheel can not spin. lol
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    gorn2town wrote: »
    Quit your complaining. I haven't been able to log in since Thursday due to the game crashing with a DirectX error (because they have lazy programmers).

Who's complaining? I'm simply noting that the server(s) appear(s) to be at maximum capacity. So, kindly direct your nerd-rage at Cryptic, where it belongs, and not at me.

/munches popcorn
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i finally got back into game, but am now faced with SNRs and lag.

havent been DCd in about 15 minutes.... what a mess .....this is worse than 5 years ago.... then the log in queue was full but lag wasnt this bad when you got in.

spoke too soon.
    DC.

out of game
  • Options
    darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    great now getting a login queue window.,
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    darkdazmad wrote: »
    great now getting a login queue window.,

better than me... i got DCd...still waiting for game to launch AFTER getting connected ...
    back in...back out DC

SNRs...this is TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    originalfrans83originalfrans83 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still can't patch the launcher. Gets to about 25k of a 29k patch and craps out. You know, this happened once before years ago. Went through tech support and they claimed it was on my end. I knew it wasn't, so I left the game for a few months. Lo and Behold, when I came back, I was able to patch everything fine, meaning they fixed whatever they broke. I have no problem doing so again. Maybe they'll accidentally fix whatever they broke when they go to break something else.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,134 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why, why were we so foolish to try integrating dilithium-infused tribbles into our warp core!?
    johngazman wrote: »
    I'd keep that on the down-low. I hear PETA has ears everywhere. :rolleyes:
    Yup - a left ear, a right ear and a Space, the Final Front-ear!!! :P

Sorry, I just had to... :D
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    jadicusjadicus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can't Login again. Launcher is slow to fully load. Character select screen takes forever to load. Upon Selecting Character, a long wait time occurs and i'm dumped back to the Login Screen. I've tested on my side to make sure it's not me (and it isn't). Pls resolve ASAP.
  • Options
    primencc74656primencc74656 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    getting a "servers are full, you are number 435 in qeue of 450. when this message disappears you will be logged in" error.

wha??? I have NEVER seen the servers full like that.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    getting a "servers are full, you are number 435 in qeue of 450. when this message disappears you will be logged in" error.

wha??? I have NEVER seen the servers full like that.
    They've been full before, mostly at major expansions launch or start of big events. You know, when everyone wants to log in at the same time.

Somehow I doubt today is one of those cases.
  • Options
    intrepid31intrepid31 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had to bypass ARC today and go directly into STO with out using ARC and the game ran fine.
    Tomarrow I will try ARC again but if i get issues i will bypass ARC again.
  • Options
    thegreatrajathegreatraja Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    intrepid31 wrote: »
    I had to bypass ARC today and go directly into STO with out using ARC and the game ran fine.

how do you bypass arc?
  • Options
    dubrikerdubriker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015

This works for me, however I'm stuck at "Downloading character creation data..."

Edit: I'm at character creation

Edit: I'm at the login queue

Edit: YAY! I'M ON VIRINAT!

Edit: And I'm disconnected
  • Options
    awesometificawesometific Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tried logging in a few minutes ago. The server is full which is something I hadn't seen since the Romulan expansion. Finally got in and was doing some mining with lost connection to server. Now I cannot connect to the log in server. Weird.
    Fleet Admiral Marcus Red-Six
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    What amount in USD is it going to take for STO to get the support it needs so these things won't happen anymore?
  • Options
    joseph#2003 joseph Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dubriker wrote: »
    What amount in USD is it going to take for STO to get the support it needs so these things won't happen anymore?

That's a fantastic question. Here is something to consider as well. How much is a state of the art, brand new server? And, how much money did Cryptic claim to have made just last year?

I won't spoil this for you, but the answer is certainlly worth finding. They made so much money they could easily afford a new server for each and every single game they offer. Not to mention, they could afford the staff for each one.

So, it isn't a matter of how much money this will take. A better question is why hasn't the right thing been done already?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    joepshef wrote: »
    That's a fantastic question. Here is something to consider as well. How much is a state of the art, brand new server? And, how much money did Cryptic claim to have made just last year?

I won't spoil this for you, but the answer is certainlly worth finding. They made so much money they could easily afford a new server for each and every single game they offer. Not to mention, they could afford the staff for each one.

So, it isn't a matter of how much money this will take. A better question is why hasn't the right thing been done already?

I'm pretty sure it's a matter of how the resources are being allocated. STO may just not be high priority in terms of budget.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I give up. This game is 100% unplayable right now. I have no words to express my frustration that won't get me banned from the forum and possibly the game. Cryptic, get it together!
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree with previous posts : the game is currently unplayable ( you can't even login anymore most of the time due to the queues and if you can there's severe lag everyhere )
  • Options
    blackhatgaryblackhatgary Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I have had to as well. Made a shortcut to the desktop to access STO. ARC still will work for ZEN purchase, and properly apply it to STO. Removing and reinstalling ARC did not resolve the login issue for me.. The game runs in its usual fashion, with the usual amount of occasional glitches :o
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Some people seem to think it's a plot to get people to subscribe...

>_>
    <_<

CONSPIRACIES!