Install Arc
Options

No Tier 3 bonus reward for us :(

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    TLDR: Cryptic's had unrealistic expectations where we were supposed to keep playing our Delta recruits past the Breen storyline or create another one in another storyline.

Long TRIBBLE Text:

I honestly think that they expected more participation then there was. They kept saying that it was designed around bringing in new players... but since there was like zero advertising outside of the few things controlled by STO about it... that can't possibly be the goal. Besides we all know when the Cryptic dev team is stretching the truth... they're saying something.

So since I don't believe it was about new players... the idea had to be about new CHARACTERS. They kept hearing out complaints about how there was no insentive to create alts... so they created a reason so at the end of the year they can say how many new Captains were created with their end of year metrics.

So a lot of us created new captains... speed clicked and twinked our way through old content we've played before... meaning that not only was it a long weekend... not many were taking the time to actuall read and listen to the mission text... we just esc past it and moved on.

We got through the Breen story arc and parked our characters.

Now at this point I think Cryptic expected us to either keep playing our delta recruits or create a new one to experience another storyline.

Except most of us simply plundered our Delta recruits for the EC and dilithium parked them somewhere and fed the rest of our stuff to our fleets... took the rewards and went back to our mains because we didn't want to do yet another long TRIBBLE grind.

And for starting another storyline... most of the experienced captains who were going to do that weren't going to bother with that until the EXP boost kicked in.

So basically what they expected us to do after we leveled our Delta Recruits was unrealistic.