test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Tier 3 bonus reward for us :(

repetitiveepicrepetitiveepic Member Posts: 6,549 Arc User
Well, awkward.

Were the goals set unrealistically high?

Did player participation not meet reasonable expectations?

Did the bugs/emergency maintenance doom us?

I was really looking forward to that bonus xp :(
free jkname.

#MOGA Make Orions Green Again

zsoRuFM.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The devs did say that we got to Tier 1 faster than they expected. Personally, I expect that it is set up so that we will only get to Tier 2 and Tier 3 will always be just out of reach. It would be nice to see how much we need for each Tier and how many missions were needed to get to Tier 3.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How many folks just blew through it...got their 44/44...and then parked the toon?

Have to wonder how many folks did all three factions for some completionist thing, eh? Or maybe they figured on saving that for the next week and so forth...so some reward might be earned here and there instead of it being 1-2 weeks and then dead for 5...
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's at 75% now, with some hours to go on the clock (when exactly does it reset?). Looks like they hit the "hard but not impossible" -range pretty well with the 3rd goal.

We've almost hit it. Depending on the time left (when exactly does it reset?) and the activity of the players, we might theoretically still hit it. I'm doing missions until the end at least.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Have to wonder how many folks did all three factions for some completionist thing, eh? Or maybe they figured on saving that for the next week and so forth...so some reward might be earned here and there instead of it being 1-2 weeks and then dead for 5...
    I did, as soon as someone in chat pointed out that there are in fact extra account rewards for each faction's story arcs, even though the reward blog said there wasn't...:mad:

Sure, its just some fleet marks and dil ore, I don't really need it, but I didn't want to be forever left with greyed-out rewards in the temporal dude's reward shop. :D

Can't save it for later when doing all factions with 1 slot, either. Gotta do each one and reroll. Plus it synergized well with the weekly reward.
  • Options
    lyanaarlyanaar Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    But what if you have all 3 Factions complete...my FED/KDF/ROM DR will be complete next week. And then? I'll have all rewards. Then progression to more than Tier II or III will be very hard the comming weeks.

And i swear, i'll never do the cardassian arc again...except there will be a revamp. And Collusseum...god forbid....never ever...NEVER AGAIN.....
  • Options
    killalljedikillalljedi Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, awkward.

Were the goals set unrealistically high?

Did player participation not meet reasonable expectations?

Did the bugs/emergency maintenance doom us?

I was really looking forward to that bonus xp :(

It's just 3/4 of the bar from Tier II to Tier III, with around 12 more hours to go. There's still a chance we can make it.
  • Options
    killalljedikillalljedi Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think it's a case of either unrealistically high expectations or unreasonably low participation.

The first week of this was going to be by far the blowout week, with probably 2x or 3x as much delta recruit activity as any other week.

If the awards were realistic, this week they would have been blown out, and they would be competitive in the coming weeks. As it stands they won't be competitive in the coming week. No chance at all.

Alternatively, if they did do a good job making a realistic goal, turnout has been abysmal.

Since i know a lot of people did delta recruit, i think unrealistic expectation is more likely.

I actually hope this event does go well, or this whole affair is only going to result in a lot of level 30 farming alts and mules for Cryptic.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Getting to T1 faster then expected didn't mean much as we had a long weekend. We still have no clue how many missions we needed to run or how many were ran. The progress bar is arbitrary. They could adjust the goal post and no one would be the wiser.

Just ignore the bar and have fun.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    The devs did say that we got to Tier 1 faster than they expected.

Thats why we had the emergency patch on tuesday ;)
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I actually hope this event does go well, or this whole affair is only going to result in a lot of level 30 farming alts and mules for Cryptic.

I think most will be mules regardless of level. Mine will be a contraband farmer. I don't have the time, money, or will to deck out another toon. I.did it purely for the rewards for the couple characters I actually give a TRIBBLE about.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I take full responsibility.

I stopped leveling my DR toon somewhere in the mid 20s.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We would have got T3 for sure had the last breen mission not been bugged. I know I stopped working on my DR till it was fixed and so did a ton of others. Shame but that slowed down the overall progression of a lot of characters.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can someone give me 5 minute updates here please? I am at work and can't watch the progress bar. ;)
    By the time I get home, it will be over either way.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ah well, its just 50% xp. We still get a 250% xp amount compared to a regular week.

And trust me, I am not using that up for my Recruits. I still have 2 endgame alts below 60. Not for long...... xD
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Come on now - participation in this is way above expectations.

Tier 2 was supposed to be a serious challenge and tier 3 likely out of reach.
    The fact that we have challenged tier 3 is a job well done.

The next challenge will not be first mission completions.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't see tier 2 reward as punishment. A week of double exp is pretty good!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    lexxie1983lexxie1983 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Come on now - participation in this is way above expectations.

Tier 2 was supposed to be a serious challenge and tier 3 likely out of reach.
    The fact that we have challenged tier 3 is a job well done.

The next challenge will not be first mission completions.

precisely, tier 3 this time would from te get-go be out of reach, that we got the t3 bar over half (79% just now) is a job well done!
    I don't see tier 2 reward as punishment. A week of double exp is pretty good!

indeed, stop with the negativity we got 100% bonus xp!! makes the grind to 60 with the delta toon less of a drag!

and who knows maybe the next goal will be easier the get to tier 3 (just have some fun with you delta)
    n8eym7c.jpg

click for bigger image
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    The devs did say that we got to Tier 1 faster than they expected.

They have literally millions of toons leveled on their servers -- which translates to a ton of data about leveling (and the time it takes) , and I'm still supposed to believe that drivel .
    lexxie1983 wrote: »
    precisely, tier 3 this time would from te get-go be out of reach

I'm sorry ... , on what planet do you make an award system where the top award is out of reach ?

... shenanigans R us ... ?
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    They have literally millions of toons leveled on their servers -- which translates to a ton of data about leveling (and the time it takes) , and I'm still supposed to believe that drivel .

of course they know the average level time of a toon. But it usually most likely takes more than a week to do so.
    That so many people put in that extra effort was the exceeding expectations part.
    Also there could have been simply more Delta Recruits than they anticipated.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm sorry ... , on what planet do you make an award system where the top award is out of reach?

*Who wants to be a millionaire?* comes to mind
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    timelord79 wrote: »
    That so many people put in that extra effort was the exceeding expectations part.

Well, on one hand that may reflect what they think of us in general , on the other hand it also shows that the mad grind at places like Argala and Japori taught them nothing , as the expectation on one hand was for lazyness and for not making Tier 3 ... , which brings the need for a Tier 3 into question ... , as it just caused even more of a leveling rush then was needed from their own POV .
    Also there could have been simply more Delta Recruits than they anticipated.

Good for them !

nccmark wrote: »
    *Who wants to be a millionaire?* comes to mind

Touch
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    First, I don't think Cryptic planned to put Tier 3 out of reach. It just looks bad for a MMO goal to not be hit by the player base. All MMOs want their events to at least look vastly successful, such things sell.

I imagine they'll be meetings in the offices today attempting to determine either what went wrong, or how they're going to determine what went wrong (hopefully they already have a plan for the 'how').

Key metrics I'd be looking at if I were them:
    1. How many accounts were active during the week
    2. Of these, how many created a delta recruit
    3. Of those, how many in practical terms finish the tutorial and parked
    4. How many reached level 10 and parked
    5. How many reached level 20 and parked
    6. How many reached level 30 and parked
    7. How many reached level 40 and parked
    8. How many reached level 50 and parked
    9. How many got the trait and parked
    10. How many got the improved trait and parked

By parked I mean either stopped logging on to the delta recruit, converted to unrewarded (i.e. things that didn't advance the group tier) activities like Doffing, or otherwise greatly reduced their Delta Recruits activity level.

In my case, I hit level 30 and parked.

In my judgment, the rewards weren't worth chasing (in and of themselves) at all to be honest compared to the time investment needed. In fact I wouldn't have done a Delta at all if I wasn't closing in the last part of my FED starbase and decided to set up for more progress on the KDF one.

In relation to that, getting my Delta to 30th was the only requirement, I got the Fleet Project reward and was nicely set to continue Doffing thereafter to fed the KDF starbase. I be Done.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    This week's global had nothing to do with leveling.
  • Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maybe the rewards were based on a ratio of delta recruits created versus missions completed. In which case, if enough people created more than one delta recruit, but only had time to seriously play one, we'd end up with a pretty dramatic fall off.

The truth of the matter is, we don't know how this is calculated or why, so speculating or coming up with wild theories, isn't going to do any good.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Or maybe its just that an XP bonus as a reward appeals to an entirely different target demographic than episode mission completion as an activity.

Spec point grinders neglected their Delta Recruits thinking that other players will earn that XP bonus for them, and are now upset that the others weren't all that interested?

I certainly wouldn't have cared about the weekly global goal if I wasn't going to be doing episode missions anyway.