Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruitment - Rewards

Comments

• Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    New players should catch up to veterans when they've put in an equal amount of time as a veteran. To expect a brand new player to be on par with a veteran of several years within a month or so is a poor idea IMO. Having more/better resources is a perk from the time invested. In a way, it's like expecting to become an executive within a month of being hired as the mail clerk.

I don't expect to have the same resources as someone who has been playing longer than me. Again, the Delta Recruitment thing sounds like fun to bring in new players, I just see the Dev effort better spent on other things.

I think the main point is getting the characters to lv50 and maybe giving them a bit of a leg up with a few other bonuses, what you do with them after you get to lv50 is your concern.
    of course there are many things that a delta wont have that your current characters do but it is up to you if you want to bother with them after this point or not.
    I suspect that many of the delta characters will be relegated to just farming doff missions for mains after the event has ended so what they don't have will be less important.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    A new player at level 50 and a tiny grab bag of coins isn't even close to a Vet player and no threat to a Vets power level

Its a good thing to get them to level 50 asap there not going to learn anything of value leveling up in the first place

A new level 50 is a fresh faced Wesley crusher made caption of a starship
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Multi-choice mark rewards from the Delta Recruit system do not, and will not ever, include Iconian Resistance Marks.

So, they're going to have a different name? Elachi marks?
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    I understand what you're saying and I don't feel "threatened" in any way, I just don't understand the underlying concept of this. Dev time would have been better suited on more content IMO.

In case you haven't noticed the player population has taken a beating in the last few months

The veteran population as well in play time

More players in the game is their goal and Veteran confidence is my opinion
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    leod198leod198 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is it possible to start earn specialization point on level 1 instead of 50. This is one of the major drawback of creating new recruits Dalta or otherwise.
  • Options
    bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I understand what you're saying and I don't feel "threatened" in any way, I just don't understand the underlying concept of this. Dev time would have been better suited on more content IMO.

Maybe... but then you may just have a small "team", when their normal job was to create an Episode, to changed most of the older Episodes with a few extra lines and a Icon.

We've already seen the Delta Δ icon on new dialogue choices on older missions. If the Missions needed a pass through for fixes and updates anyway, probably it won't take that long compared to creating a new episode.

Seriously, almost every NPC Typhoon has now been replaced by a command ship.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't disagree, but adding a couple of trinkets here and there as an incentive to play isn't going to make the issues of Delta Rising go away. 50 to 60 is still an insane grind and the lack of 50 to 60 content isn't magically going away.

What lack of 50 to 60 content? Other than the last arc of episode missions and Elite difficulty in queues, everything in the game is open at 50.

There is way more level 50 content in the game than level 60 content.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Q: Is there a reason to create more than one Delta Recruit?

A: Some of the character-specific rewards, which are granted to every Delta Recruit, can be used to benefit your Fleet. And a few of the rewards, such as the Delta Vanguard Upgrade Techs that are earned upon reaching Level 50, can be sent to other characters on your account once they are earned. It is up to each player to determine if that is sufficient reward for their efforts.

I might as well ask now. Will it be considered an exploit to level a toon to 30, join a fleet, dump all your resources, delete the toon, and repeat?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Clarification: Claim. Not Earn.

This statement conflicts with the Q and A at the end of the Dev Blog that says this:

"Q: What happens if I create a Delta Recruit, but do not complete all of the listed Tasks?

A: Once a Delta Recruit completes their special Tutorial and receives their “Tesseract Communications Device” they will be free to complete the assigned tasks at any point in the future. Although Delta Recruit characters can only be created while the event is running, there is no time limit on the completion of the tasks, or their associated rewards."

So can we earn rewards after the event or not?

EDIT....Kept reading deeper into the forum and found the answer....
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't disagree, but adding a couple of trinkets here and there as an incentive to play isn't going to make the issues of Delta Rising go away. 50 to 60 is still an insane grind and the lack of 50 to 60 content isn't magically going away.

For a NEW player or an ALT played during this event, they should be able to make it to 60 using the story missions alone. The reason it feels like there isn't much story content to do is that when Delta Rising launched we were all 50 and finished all the story missions up to that point and with only a few additions there wasn't much to get to 60 with missions alone. This wont be an issue with starting over now.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    This is why I feel like this whole delta recruitment thing is an April fool's prank...

you will only be an april fool if you try to create the delta recruit before the event goes live and I am betting that will be right after the Thursday update, any character created before the update will likely be a regular character.

• Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    birzark wrote: »
    For a NEW player or an ALT played during this event, they should be able to make it to 60 using the story missions alone. The reason it feels like there isn't much story content to do is that when Delta Rising launched we were all 50 and finished all the story missions up to that point and with only a few additions there wasn't much to get to 60 with missions alone. This wont be an issue with starting over now.

Unless there is going to be an 5x XP Boost or something ... no way ... recently tried to level my FED Talaxian, during Bonus XP-WE + 20% XP Boost + 5% XP Boost ... ALL Missions from the Journal got me from 52-60, but that only works if you ignore Story Content until then ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    you will only be an april fool if you try to create the delta recruit before the event goes live and I am betting that will be right after the Thursday update, any character created before the update will likely be a regular character.

I know a few that already have and one that's throwing a hissy fit because he's not gotten any rewards despite power levelling to 50.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    edited March 2015
    .... I also really hate the idea of further inflating the fed numbers... and damn this definitely makes me wanna roll an alt per faction just to see the differences.

Agreed. I was just going to do a ROM Engineer but now I may need to do a FED and KDF just for the differences.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    birzark wrote: »

I started a new toon before they announced this (groan) and it finished the storyline missions up to the dyson sphere and completed ROM rep and is currently at LVL 58. It will be LVL 60 way before it completes the DR storyline.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    roninfel wrote: »
    I started a new toon before they announced this (groan) and it finished the storyline missions up to the dyson sphere and completed ROM rep and is currently at LVL 58. It will be LVL 60 way before it completes the DR storyline.
    You get a free character slot, so you don't have to delete any characters.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Question: Will there be any faction-specific rewards that only another character from the same faction can benefit from?

In other words, if my main is a Fed, are there any rewards I could be missing out on by creating a Romulan?
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That's kinda my point. Why go back and rework old content when you can create more new things for people to do?

Proving that "they" cannot win:

It is a very common complaint in this industry that MMO devs would almost always prefer to shove new content out the door rather than spend the time, effort and money on fixing, improving, cleaning up etc old content, which (as a result) ends up looking terribly sad and outdated - often untouched since the game's launch.

And yet, here we see what happens when a game's devs actually listen and do that.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    TRIBBLE, I'm gonna have to buy more BOFF slots...
    76561198032353876.png
  • Options
    ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    This may have been addressed, and I apologize if I missed it due to this being such a LONG thread, but...

Are the Fleet-Only Dilithium Vouchers going to be Character or Account bound?
  • Options
    johnluckpicartjohnluckpicart Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I gotta admit, I was a bit sceptical at first about the Delta recruit thing, but this is starting to sound like a real fun event more and more. Can't wait to hear about the weekly server-wide challenges, which is always a good idea for an mmo, imo.

I have two questions though. Maybe, Borticus, you can answer them (or at least the first one ;):

1. I currently have 6 chars. I created the extra chars during my times as Gold member (plus got two slots from the Z-Store). As I understand it, technically I should only have 5 slots available, meaning I can use my sixth char, but if I chose to delete it, I wouldn't be able to create another one until I either became a Gold member again or bought new extra slots.

Question: Do I (and others in the same situation) even qualify for the extra Delta recruit slot? Without having to go Gold again, that is?

2. I find the fleet and rep-only dil vouchers part quite intriguing (as I've never heard of something like this before)...does this in any way imply that there's going to be something like a dil-cap increase in the future. Or rather: A way to convert dil ore into rep/fleet-only dil? That would be awesome/DOOM, depending on where you stand in that discussion. Just curious. But you don't have to answer that question, of course. :cool:
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I leave with a final question: Will the success or failure of this event pave the way for future events of a similar nature?

if they do other events featuring these delta recruits that might benefit regular characters as this one does that is fine by me.
    however if they sometime say next year ran a similar event that required creating more new characters then I am afraid I will be deploying me genesis device destroying all deltas in favour of the new matrix.

• Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    There are no unique character-bound rewards exclusive to Delta Recruits. That sentence alone, in the first blog, would have put most people at ease. Certainly me, at least.
    That's false; the Aegis Doff is definitely character bound to Delta Recruits, along with 2 minor Accolades.

That is, if you consider them unique enough. The former can always be gained on other characters playing Doffing roulette, and the latter two were stated by Bort to be minor.