test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how **** we are black hole time.

khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
just make a black hole inside the dyson sphere problem solved.
giphy.gif
Fear the Dominion
Post edited by khan1000 on

Comments

• bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sure, you get right on that would you...
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Did you by chance notice the amount of ships inside that sphere?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    anazonda wrote: »

Get Sela to open a gate to the center of the star, and throw a can of red matter through it.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thats actually a good idea... you dont even need to put it inside the sphere, just detonate some red matter right beside it and let it die!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Thats actually a good idea... you dont even need to put it inside the sphere, just detonate some red matter right beside it and let it die!

poetic justice
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    khan1000 wrote: »
    just make a black hole inside the dyson sphere problem solved.

Black hole sun, won't you come...
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Black hole...center of sphere...everything inside is screwed but what about the sphere itself? Could it take the pressure? (Assuming it somehow doesn't get ripped apart piece by piece)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,442 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    That would be too easy.

With our luck there are safeguards against gating into a star, as well as the enemy KNOWING how to counter Red Matter.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited March 2015
    You know, a sphere holds a entire star at its center. unless your black hole weights significantly more then the star itself, nothing happens except that the light goes out.

Trick question, if out sun is replaced by black hole of the same weight, what happens?
    edited March 2015
    We die. Not because we are in any danger of being sucked into it's gravity well our sun isn't massive enough, but because without the sun and it's heat and light the planet freezes and we die.

black holes are stars that which lost the war between gravity and pressure. A certain amount of gravity is required in order to create a black hole. Now there are tiny ones but they're under a different rule and don't crush us...

black hole crush because they're pure gravity. Stars are gravity and pressure.
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    black holes are stars that which lost the war between gravity and pressure. A certain amount of gravity is required in order to create a black hole. Now there are tiny ones but they're under a different rule and don't crush us...

black hole crush because they're pure gravity. Stars are gravity and pressure.

what.

Did King Georg start capping stars again? Damn Brit rulers...
    edited March 2015
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    what.

Did King Georg start capping stars again? Damn Brit rulers...

I admit I forgot to cap the first word of my reply, but everything else is properly capped.

What?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,442 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    We die. Not because we are in any danger of being sucked into it's gravity well our sun isn't massive enough, but because without the sun and it's heat and light the planet freezes and we die.

What do we do?
    We die.

:D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What about tossing a quasar into the Sphere? Wonder what would happen if there was a super abundance of energy instead of none at all?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    1 word to answer this question........GENESIS !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yepp, we project a transwarp (or slipstream)-channel right to the star, send a captain named Carter on a APU-Ship inside and our Herold-Problem would be solved in no time.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i wouldnt use a blackhole creator to take care of the iconians initially, i would sabotage the sphere control center after ordering it to the big empty void between galaxies, when its jumped i would then let the explosive detonate on a timer and then let the facility drop into the star, but leave enough rmc on the station for the star take it, boom. a blackhole between voids wont harm anything, right? well except the iconian forces.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    1 word to answer this question........GENESIS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. Turn the entire dyson-sphere into an enormous pile of dilth-ore and grind it down 8K every... ******n... day. Raise the refine cap plse. :(

Or turn it into a giant beer. Poetic justice really, and so long as there are Irish on the jury, no war-crime convictions!

"We understand you turned a massive Dyson sphere with countless trillions of lives into a giant 1AU diameter bottle of stout..."

"Yes... yes I did."

"What do you have to say for yourself, lass?"

"Cheers?"
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Aren't we all assuming the Iconian wouldn't have a simple resolution to this form of attack? They're centuries (millennia even) old. They might only need to press a button in one of their ships to extinguish said Black Hole.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Interesting idea and Genesis. That said we are making a number of assumptions including the Iconians capabilities, whether they have other forces elsewhere, the means of executing the strategy etc and the actual effects of using Red Matter on that star in particular. Could the Iconians just flee the sphere and take us off guard? Would the light just go out and only the ships really close to the singularity get sucked in?

But potentially huge plot hole indeed.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They have been gone from our galaxy for 200,000 years. No telling how old they were when they ruled here -- or for how long.

Then again they Voth were supposed to be millions of years ahead of us according to Voyager -- but somehow in STO we slaughter them like Popcorn TRIBBLE and kick their ships around.

In the spirit of Star Trek though I hope we come up with a nifty cool plot-device solution or handwavum answer rather than a direct military confrontation or outright destruction.

Something on the order of asking the Borg who wrote the Book Of Love or the last digit of Pi. :D
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Interesting idea but who would be crazy enough to actually volunteer for such a suicide mission?
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 641 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      We already have that with gravity well... and singularity jump...
    • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      Could just, you know, put one of those torpedoes that causes a supernova (from generations) through a gate to the star ... easier than figuring out the proper mass for the black hole.
      Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • ab4r4xusab4r4xus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      anazonda wrote: »

Well, if you look inside the Sphere as it is in Sector space there are exactly zero ships in it.
    • j0hn41j0hn41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      At the risk of going off topic... can someone explain the thread title to me?
      how **** we are black hole time.

I assume it's an adaptation of a well-known quote? I just can't figure out the meaning.
    • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      j0hn41 wrote: »
      At the risk of going off topic... can someone explain the thread title to me?

I assume it's an adaptation of a well-known quote? I just can't figure out the meaning.

I think that was just his "HOLY ****!" reaction upon seeing all the Iconian ships in the FE. Not exactly proper English, but good enough for the forums. Basically he was saying we're doomed and need a super weapon.
      Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      I would think a protomatter bomb would work better as the resulting supernova would destroy the sphere and anything in it seeing as the blast should cover at lest 1 AU.
    • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      But did anybody consider this:

How about we jump, say, the Jenolan sphere right in the Iconian sphere? So that they cross, and break parts of the sphere, as well as the suns going full berserk on each other.

Now I'm not an expert on stars (other than that they are pretty), but if we would place 2 stars so close together their gravity would attract the other, what would happen? Collosal destruction? A huge increase in gravity that creates more pressure the sphere(s) can handle? Become the arch-nemesis of Slamek and become too bright, burning everything on the surface to crisps?

And what of the spheres? If we were to make one appear to cut off parts of the other, wouldn't we have giant shells of Dyson sphere crashing into each other, falling apart, crushing the invasion fleet by a massive hulk of metal squatting them like flies?

Honestly, time to evacuate Delta Command. Sorry Delta Alliance, but it'll take us a while to be back. Just give us a few weeks to slipstream in a couple of ships with transwarp gate components, and problem solved.
    • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      rahmkota19 wrote: »
      But did anybody consider this:

How about we jump, say, the Jenolan sphere right in the Iconian sphere? So that they cross, and break parts of the sphere, as well as the suns going full berserk on each other.

Now I'm not an expert on stars (other than that they are pretty), but if we would place 2 stars so close together their gravity would attract the other, what would happen? Collosal destruction? A huge increase in gravity that creates more pressure the sphere(s) can handle? Become the arch-nemesis of Slamek and become too bright, burning everything on the surface to crisps?

And what of the spheres? If we were to make one appear to cut off parts of the other, wouldn't we have giant shells of Dyson sphere crashing into each other, falling apart, crushing the invasion fleet by a massive hulk of metal squatting them like flies?

Honestly, time to evacuate Delta Command. Sorry Delta Alliance, but it'll take us a while to be back. Just give us a few weeks to slipstream in a couple of ships with transwarp gate components, and problem solved.

I think the Omega particles would be like... "Ohhh ... those silly organics" and boom... we're all stuck at impulse.
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!