test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What race & career have you choose for Delta recruit?

Comments

• drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've just recently rolled a Fed Talaxian Tac and a Liberated Borg KDF Eng so my next was going to be Romulan/liberated borg Romulan and career to be determined.

If Cryptic introduced Suliban for the Romulan side I'd be 100% sold on rolling one of those, even if it was a pay unlock. Same goes for Denobulan for the Feds.

Hell, I've enough spots, I may roll one for each faction at this rate.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Romulan, because of the sheer number of benefits they gain and i have all the ships.

Class? Engineering, because I have not tried that yet and Orbital Devastation is green.

Faction - thats a tough call. Part of me thinks KDF.

that's not a bad idea, I might roll a reman/kdf.

I have a fed and kdf and a romulan/fed so a reman/kdf would fit just right with me.
    I have been finding it hard to think what to go with but this will fit the bill nicely, hope you don't mind if I kinda poach your idea but thanks anyway.

now I just need to decide eng, tac or sci, to be quite honest im kinda leaning towards engineer or maybe sci myself.

at the end of the day I guess its not so crucial cos I doubt I will play him as much as my main after the event anyway.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If I can, female Horta tac, otherwise caitian, or maybe a DQ species if they're available. Who knows.
  • zenn3kzenn3k Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Pakled Engineer - U.S.S. MakeThingsGo NCC - 987654-Z
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, if new info on the perks these delta recruits get comes out, and those perks are worthwhile for a new character i might make one i take seriously instead of just a farm mule.

My current plan is t take my unloved Fed science captain and replace him with... another unloved fed science captain XD
  • farseeridranelfarseeridranel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    I have 12 characters which are pretty much "one of each". My tentative plan is for a Romulan Science captain, the one combination I don't have.

Exactly the same here. I have 12 chars, different species, different careers, different factions. I plan to reduce them to a total of three including the delta recruit. My mains so far are an alien fed sci and a kdf joined trill sci. Since sci is my thing in STO and in real life, I want to complete my group with a romulan sci captain. I also bought the dyson big pack when it was on sale, so I am kinda looking forward to have my first (real) Romulan using it. I will join the KDF though, mainly because I have plasmonic leech and aceton assimilators etc there anyway and because I am very much into DOFFing, where KDF has a bit more to offer.
  • jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    KDF Vorta Scientist.

All my friends are doing KDF now. Rewatching the Reanimator has rekindle my love of Vorta in a big way, and Exothermic Reaction in ground combat never gets old.

Burn burn burn!!!!!!
  • ashandarei22ashandarei22 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a Fed Klingon Tactical Captain sitting at 11 I'll probably just reroll. I should probably roll a Romulan since I don't have one (Have one Kilingon and two Fed characters already,) but I'm not big into their ships except the c-store stuff....not looking to invest into them yet (specially without better sci options.)
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Even though I've got 3 heavily-specced Klingons (Tac, Eng and Sci) I will probably go with a KDF Alien Tac, if the event rewards look good enough.

I've itched at various points to do one of the 'variant' Klingons - either TOS/Augment human looks, or the JJ-Abrams verse red demon look - and having bought most of the C-store Klingon ship I am already heavily invested in the faction.

More practically, levelling is easier for Klingons thanks to their DOff missions, and even a neglected Klingon is an efficient marauder (read - Dil/EC farming alt).

Remember. Klingons are EFFICIENT - Spock and Riker said so.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    Fed-playable Klingon, Engie, just so I can have the Klingon experience with a depth of ships to use.

rofl The klingon experience... all those fed playable klingons are from the house of torg.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Mutant Human Tactical Captain (will be my 1st Tac).

Mutant Human/Pakled Tac XO
    Human Tac BOff
    Human Sci BOff
    Human Eng BOff

That's for the initial away team; others TBD...:cool:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'll be making a Fed, because they'll probably have the most attention paid to their storyline. Using one of the more novel, underplayed races since I'm not going to try to optimize her. Perhaps Bolian?
  • darthkuribohdarthkuriboh Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    more than likely Nausicaan or Orion KDF tactical.
  • makburemakbure Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not sure if I'm going to be grinding a second class, but if I do, it'll be Fed science. He'll probably be an alien to get the traits I want.

Main is Fed tactical human.
    -Makbure
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Lethean or Nausicaan KDF, probably sci.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ret2023 wrote: »
    Just like the title say, what race and career have you chosen for the delta recruit event? Or have you decided not to play the event? I'm thinking of going Romulan male, the career is tactical, and is ally to the Klingon faction.
    I'm not buying into this farce. I have three solid characters that I am already working with. I have no intention to create another. :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Probably Reman Tac, KDF aligned because I suppose I unlocked them for a reason. That, or a Orion Tac, only because I've actually got C-Store ships I can use for KDF at endgame.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hard to say. I'm already struggling with 4 characters. 2 of which are neglected somewhat anyway.

Probably a Starfleet female Joined Trill science Captain.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Obviously KDF-Rom or -REM, everything would be a waste of time.
  • thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Either KDF alien or KDF-Rom alien. Either way he is probably not going to survive after the 7-week long event ends and I dont want to spend a fortune on plasmonic leech for FED toon to throw it away afterwards.
    Gameserver not found.
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    KDF Romulan, yay free farmer.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    probably Gorn science officer.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Rom/Tac - KDF

Rom=SRO on exchange
    Tac=kills faster
    KDF=plas leech
  • mycroft1701mycroft1701 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm undecided, it will either be a Romulan tactical or a Vulcan sci for me :)
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am thinking either a female KDF aligned Romulan engineer 'cuz my Fed & KDF engineers are both male. Or a male KDF tactical 'cuz my current KDF tactical is female.

Leaning towards male KDF tactical 'cuz:

1. Don't have to deal with the -40 power penalty of the Singularity Core even though I have access to the Plasmonic Leech and the penalty is merely just an annoyance for an Engineer compared to being a severe limitation for my science Rom toon.

2. My current female KDF tactical flies BoPs only. If it is not a BoP, then it is a PoS. This will allow me an opportunity to fly the T6 Matha Raptor since it came with the DR Ops Pack anyway.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Waste of time...already have over 10 alts. If I do it mostly for the benefits on my overall traits for ALL alts...perhaps a Reman borg FED aligned.
    DUwNP.gif

• solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Suliban optometrist.

I'm going with a Horta Bartender myself.
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Alien Ron-KDF Eng at the moment
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Maybe a KDF
    or a
    Saurian Tac
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I will probably be rolling a KDF Rom Engineer.
    Theres less missions to run to finish the story, I have a KDF fleet that I only have one toon in (I'd like another), and also it will give me another reason to play that side more often.
    Honestly I didn't really want to roll another toon just yet, (I have four at 60 and beyond, with mk14 gear), but I feel compelled to at least for the benefits of the trait and possible xp goodness.
    From what I know so far its likely going to be a pain in the TRIBBLE (for me at least), but hopefully a useful one in the long term.
    What bothers me though is I like to keep all of my toons competitive and I fear I will not have the time to maintain a 5th, but we shall see.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".