What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruitment

Comments

• Options
    blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh awesome we do get a free slot! Thanks..will definitely do this then. Only thing is I really want to make an engineer as I don't have one but don't want to be trapped in a 'useless' class if its going to be locked into some kind of future awesomeness like a t6 ship...hmmm.
  • Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    coppermink wrote: »
    Who the **** cares? I got char slots in reserve for when i come across an new idea/concept. When i want to. Not when i get forced to. Horible, horible idea. My mains will be fighting the iconians, no some force fed noob char.

Then don't participate. No need to get hostile. No one is forcing you to play.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm personally more concerned by the confirmation that the Iconians are coming shortly. It is not easy to keep a story going after the climax. Just ask George Lucas.

Stargate SG1 lasted for AGES when they got rid of the Goa'uld and replaced them with a brand new enemy.

Oh wait...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ground weapon will be Super Duper Iconian Scrambling Ontometer Vaporizing Anti-proton pistol.

Fixed that for you, devs don't know there are other energy types besides anti proton.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    They did something like this in CO, and it was NOT well received.

It's a true testament to PWI stupidity that they're trying it again here.

Tell me more about what happened in CO?

I don't know quite what to think myself other than this new character had best not get something my Main can't (other than the Delta Recruit symbol). I have no desire for it to replace existing characters and reset everything from gear to accolades. I have way to much invested for that and it will not happen.

Beyond that, just first thoughts...
    1. I like account wide rewards for play. Really Really Like.
    2. This shuts down all 'end-game' activities for me. For example I haven't maxed my specialty points and this takes time away from that.
    3. Dilithium for kills? Nice. I hope it's more than 1 per, that would be... pointless.
    4. I don't need another alt. Can't handle the 4 I already have.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Then don't participate. No need to get hostile. No one is forcing you to play.

That would be true if the delta recruits had no lasting bonuses over regular characters, and no access to story content regular characters don't have.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    coppermink wrote: »
    Who the **** cares? I got char slots in reserve for when i come across an new idea/concept. When i want to. Not when i get forced to. Horible, horible idea. My mains will be fighting the iconians, no some force fed noob char.
    You're not being forced to do anything... You don't have to participate in this event, but if you want to participate, you'll have a free character slot provided. Also, it's not a "horible" idea at all. It's a very interesting idea to implement.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    it would be very nice if your could add some playable species bevor this event ferengi ,talaxians ,kobali ,Hierarchy maybe Vaadwaur and a sto unique dog like species...
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmm, new shiny once and never again AP torpedo event then they have an event to start a character.

I would have had this be the first event of the year if I was making the calendar.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    but look how this tier of toon has been engineered to make your other toons less than optimal to play. they wont get the dil bonus, they wont get whatever the new grind is, the weapons or whatever will only 'benefit' them (reminds me of 't6-capable' for some reason) and they recieve only a ship trait.
    now imagine if the plan to get our dead alts back into use is to essentially make everyone roll a new main. a special new class of toon that 'benefits' the other toons by trickling down xp and whatnot to the others. what if this toon is intended to become your grind toon. your new main...
    Reread. The dil bonus, for example, explicitly applies to the entire account, once it's unlocked by the toon.

Of course, if you're only posting this because you want to complain about something, feel free to ignore simple reason and reading comprehension...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    You're not being forced to do anything... You don't have to participate in this event, but if you want to participate, you'll have a free character slot provided. Also, it's not a "horible" idea at all. It's a very interesting idea to implement.

So long as these delta recruits get no LASTING mechanical bonuses over regular characters, and no access to story content regular characters don't get after the event is over that is.

If any of those factors are true, we ARE being "forced" because if we want these shiny bonuses, if we want new story content, we are forced to comply with this ridiculous new idea.

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    Well... thats the point? You don't need to buy another one... or make room in one occupied.

I mean the smallest you can buy is 2 slots...and with the free slot we will get I will still have multiple open slots.

A extra slot wont change the bottom line that I have free slots open.

I used to have a lot of alts but like others I have cut down...I'm not gonna put in the effort to get it to 50 to make it for the CC even so I may as well save it for the bonuses of the Recruitment event.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Reread. The dil bonus, for example, explicitly applies to the entire account, once it's unlocked by the toon.

Of course, if you're only posting this because you want to complain about something, feel free to ignore simple reason and reading comprehension...

Jon, that's the problem. they're making a limited event where you get a chance to unlock a permanent bonus for your other characters.

As in, once its over some people will have an unfair advantage.

The inclusion of story content not avaliable to the characters we ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT is another problem.

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Interesting idea, but I don't trust the decision-makers, not after the last year in general or DR in particular. Would love to be hopeful, but know better.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmmm... timetravel... leaves one question: Where can i get my sonic screwdriver?
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So long as these delta recruits get no LASTING mechanical bonuses over regular characters, and no access to story content regular characters don't get after the event is over that is.

If any of those factors are true, we ARE being "forced" because if we want these shiny bonuses, if we want new story content, we are forced to comply with this ridiculous new idea.
    Wrong. You're still not being forced to do anything.

As for this idea being ridiculous, that's a matter of opinion which is in no way a fact.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    garaks31 wrote: »
    it would be very nice if your could add some playable species bevor this event ferengi ,talaxians ,kobali ,Hierarchy maybe Vaadwaur and a sto unique dog like species...

Great idea...I'd love a ferengi.
  • Options
    koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Jon, that's the problem. they're making a limited event where you get a chance to unlock a permanent bonus for your other characters.

As in, once its over some people will have an unfair advantage.

The inclusion of story content not avaliable to the characters we ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT is another problem.

.. Yes. If you don't participate, you won't get the rewards. All games and MMOs work this way. Why are you complaining?
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jonsills wrote: »

'Delta Recruits can only be created during the Delta Recruit event. These recruits can be recognized by the Delta Symbol (∆) next to their names. All Delta Recruits will have an inherent bonus trait during the Delta Recruit Event of generating Dilithium Ore upon defeating enemies, a bonus which extends to your entire group. This trait will only be available during this event and will be gone once the Delta Recruitment event ends, so gather your Dilithium Ore while you can!'

reread. the dil bonus, for example, explicitly applies to the group during the event.

of course, if you're only posting this because your looking for a reason to stain the board with snark in an effort to look 'smart', feel free to ignore simple reason and reading comprehension...
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    Stargate SG1 lasted for AGES when they got rid of the Goa'uld and replaced them with a brand new enemy.

Oh wait...

the stargate series only enemy was always religion. when they were dealing with a little used ancient religions ( egypt, nords and so on) all was fine and dandy. but the ori ( in theroy not all the sci fi stuff ) were too close to more modern religions and it turned people off. like it or not the sci guy and his type of followers are still a minority.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just you dare to obsolete my current chars, Cryptic!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sunfrancks wrote: »

You know it's coming... The T6 ships, and people buying them, opened up for that.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Ferengi already exist for federation players as a playable race.

Talaxians are a Lifer specific race just like Liberated Borg are.

Kobali would probably be a more likely species to have added.

I do not see the Heirarchy or the Vaadwaur (definitely a hell no) as playable species.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Talaxians? -> Lifetimer (unfortunately only for KDF and Fed)

But i would take a Ferengi for KDF would make a nice "Theme Char"!
    (since i'm currently out of ideas for "theme"-chars, last 2 were a Gorn Q-Ship Captain (freighter until level 45 or so, worked well) and a "Vaadwaur" Fighter-Pilot (leveled with a friend in a team using only the pythus until lvl 40, worked well too))
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    You know it's coming... The T6 ships, and people buying them, opened up for that.

Sorry, I don't buy that.

This is a ploy to get people into the game, short-term. I read no long-term benefits of being a "Delta Recruit" that won't expire once this event ends... other than a Delta symbol by your character's name.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    sunfrancks wrote: »

don't be naive they did it to our ships they will do it to our toons as well and people will still come back. for one reason only. its trek and we have NO OTHER OUTLET.

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't buy that.

This is a ploy to get people into the game, short-term. I read no long-term benefits of being a "Delta Recruit" that won't expire once this event ends... other than a Delta symbol by your character's name.

I read the same things, when they released T5.5 ships in the C-Store...
    It's JUST the c-store... No ship will become obsolete... No need to change to stay competitive.

We're up to T6 ships and T5U Fleet...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Ferengi already exist for federation players as a playable race.

Talaxians are a Lifer specific race just like Liberated Borg are.

Kobali would probably be a more likely species to have added.

I do not see the Heirarchy or the Vaadwaur (definitely a hell no) as playable species.

Vaadwaur should be KDF playable (definetely hell yeah)

talaxians LOL who cares

liberated borg hold over from old school

playable ferengi like you said is fed only but ferengi are not part of the federation. sure nog joined them but dont forget the house of quark. ferengi should be available in all factions. and thats coming from a Pure race Klingon xenophobic supremacist like me.

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    (sigh)
    This.

Cryptic released T6, I play with T5U
    Cryptic released Intel/Command Officers, I play with TAC/ENG/SCI Officers
    Cryptic release Delta Recruits, I play with my existing recruits

This Delta Recruit thing, I honestly find it insulting to anyone that has a character already, so like... everyone should feel insulted here. Wave goodbye to your existing characters; you can only get the new goodies on a brand new one.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
This discussion has been closed.