Options

Tier 6 Sovereign class battlecruiser

Comments

• Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd definitely go for a Tier 6 Sovereign, with a side of fries. 🍟
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Have some patience Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm sure they will release a Tier 6 version of all (or at least most) of the Canon ships in the Series.
    You will get your Tier 6 Sovereign class.
    But I can assure you it will not have a Secondary Deflector and 10 Weapon Slots. ;)
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    im gonna say no.

Only because i have the T6 command cruisers and if they did bring one out id most likely have a thought time deciding weather or not to get one.

plz my wallet cant handle any more :(
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    im gonna say no.

Only because i have the T6 command cruisers and if they did bring one out id most likely have a thought time deciding weather or not to get one.

I can hear the Sovereign Class calling...

Buy me...

Buy me..

Buy me.....
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    im gonna say no.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

There was a time when I would have jumped on a T6 Sovereign without a 2nd thought, but now that I have the Command Ship pack I just can't see myself buying another ship.

I already have the Command Ships, The Guardian and The Phantom.. plus the 2 freebie T6 ships. The Sovereign is one of my favorite ships of all time, but I just don't think I need to spend any more money on ships. Especially when I fly the Presidio 90% of the time as it is.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    rikersdadrikersdad Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Canon Enterprise had the following
    16 phaser arrays {after refit}
    1 forward quantum torpedo launcher
    3 forward photon torpedo launchers
    6 aft photon torpedo launchers

Thats a battle cruiser, Starfleet might not call it that but a Klingon would call it that.
  • Options
    sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok, first let me make myself perfectly clear. I did noticed little later that my first ideas for T6 Sovereign with 10 weapon slots were a bit far fetched. However, I did make a correction in one of my previous posts and here it is:
    Ok, I admit that what I wrote in my first post is a little too op. So let's just narrow it down do two main different variants (one tactical, one intel and third would be fleet version ofc).

Sovereign class T6 command battlecruiser:

- type: cruiser (tier 6)
    - hull: 46547 at lvl 50, 56000 at lvl 60
    - shield modifier: 1.12 at lvl 50 and 1.13 at lvl 60
    - turn rate: 8
    - crew: 800
    - 4 fore weapons slots and 4 aft weapon slots
    - 4 eng, 4 tac and 3 sci consoles
    - should be able to equip dual cannons
    - saucer separation ability
    - captain's yacht
    - hangar bay - argo or type 11 shuttles (argo shuttles would fit better for this variant)
    - a special slot for point-defense phaser turret
    - universal console: metreon gas canisters

Boff slots: commander eng/command, lieutenant commander tac, lieutenant sci/command, lieutenant eng and ensign universal

Sovereign class T6 intelligence battlecruiser:

- 3 eng, 4 tac and 4 sci consoles
    - captain's yacht
    - hangar bay - argo or type 11 shuttles (type 11 shuttles would be better suited for this variant)
    - a special slot for secondary deflector dish
    - universal console: cloaking device

Boff slots: commander eng/intel, lieutenant command tac, lieutenant sci/intel, lieutenant eng and ensign universal

As for fleet version it should have an additional console slot (additional eng console for command variant or additional sci console for intelligence variant), increased max. hull points, shield modifier and shield for 10 percent, and ensign universal boff slot replaced with lieutenant universal boff slot.

You can see now that these stats are perfectly fine. And no, I would not like to see T6 Sovereign class less powerful and less maneuverable from any other current T6 cruiser. It simply wouldn't make sense.

And since I haven't come up with pilot variant I will do so now.

Sovereign class T6 pilot battlecruiser:

- 5 eng, 3 tac and 3 sci consoles
    - captain's yacht
    - hangar bay - Federation mission scoutships (Venture class scoutship)
    - universal console: I don't know, maybe something that would improve maneuverability and impulse engines even more

Boff slots: commander eng/pilot, lieutenant command tac, lieutenant sci/pilot, lieutenant eng and ensign universal

Now let me explain a little further why I proposed 10 weapon slots in the first place. As you already know, with each new ship tier max. number of consoles is getting increased, same is with weapon slots until tier 4 or 5. However, once the max. number reaches 8 weapon slots there is no further increase, unlike for consoles. That seems to me ridiculous since the highest tier of ships should excel in absolutely everything including the number of weapons. In all the games I played (whether it was about starships, cars or something else) the highest tier superseded every previous one in everything. Therefor, T6 ships should have had more weapon slots (9 or 10). However, since this is not a case, I hope that in the future, possible T7 ships will have 10 weapon slots. It is just the logical way of advancement. Sure, it would make the lower tier ships obsolete, but that is the reason why they are lower tier.
    Also, this is MMO RPG where advancement to better, more powerful equipment and ships is natural. This is not a strategy like Command & Conquer where balance is the key (hell, even there exist better and more powerul weapons/vehicles/equipment). I hope you get my point? I've written enough already about this matter I think.

And last, but not least, let me finish Galaxy vs. Sovereign discussion once and for all. The line must be drawn here. This far no further! :D
    If you want to stick to the on screen canon so much, than I have some serious disappointments for Galaxy fans in my sleeves. For the start, let's say it is true that it wasn't stated in canon that Sovereign is the most powerful ship in Starfleet, while that actually was said for Galaxy. Ok, I give you that one, but that's pretty much all you will get.
    Sovereign class has 16 Type XII (12) (notice the bold, because this is very important and huge difference), while Galaxy has 11 or 12 Type X (10) phaser arrays. Therefor it is logical to conclude that Sovereign has higher number and more powerful phaser arrays. She also have 9 torpedo launchers and one of them is quantum launcher, while Galaxy has only 2 of them, and there are no quantum launchers or torpedoes whatsoever. 2:0 for Sovereign class for now.
    Besides that Sovereign has more powerful shields (that is fact, since we saw how much beating she can take in Nemesis movie) and more resilient armor (there was only a quarter of Enterprise's saucer section damaged when she rammed Scimitar which received far more damage from the impact). 3:0 for Sovereign.
    Sovereign can also reach higher warp speeds and it seems she has more advanced warp core too. Also, when it comes to maneuverability, she is sleeker and more maneuverable than Galaxy. Oh look, we are already at 4:0 for Sovereign :D
    And last, but not least she has captain's yacht, and more advanced auxiliray craft (type 11 shuttles are even better than runabouts I think).

There's probably more I could say, but I think I've already proven which ship is better and why so there's really no need to go on. Btw, yes, I am aware of the fact that we haven't seen Sovereign at the front lines of Dominion war, but that is not the ship's fault, these is the fault of ones who created the shows and movies. If I were directing DS9 Sovereign would lead the fleets into every major battles and there would be also more battles than we were able to see during show.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015

- captain's yacht
    - universal console: I don't know, maybe something that would improve maneuverability and impulse engines even more

Boff slots: commander eng/pilot, lieutenant command tac, lieutenant sci/pilot, lieutenant eng and ensign universal

Ok, I could see something like this showing up in STO, assuming the saucer seperation was implemented like the Avenger's cloak (Cryptic is unlikely gonna do it any other way), I do, however, disagree with the dual cannons, the Sovereign never had such things and in my opinion shouldn't, it's arguably a battlecruiser but Starfleet generally doesn't put cannons on every ship they design.

I could see the Sovereign with a hangar, it does have a sizable shuttlebay, though I would have rather seen the Galaxy with a hangar (which makes more sense in canon, it does have 3 shuttlebays... one of them quite massive).

I would love to be able to launch the Captain's Yacht like in Insurrection, that would be EPIC!:D
  • Options
    papesh1papesh1 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok, first let me make myself perfectly clear. I did noticed little later that my first ideas for T6 Sovereign with 10 weapon slots were a bit far fetched. However, I did make a correction in one of my previous posts and here it is:

You can see now that these stats are perfectly fine. And no, I would not like to see T6 Sovereign class less powerful and less maneuverable from any other current T6 cruiser. It simply wouldn't make sense.

- captain's yacht

Now let me explain a little further why I proposed 10 weapon slots in the first place. As you already know, with each new ship tier max. number of consoles is getting increased, same is with weapon slots until tier 4 or 5. However, once the max. number reaches 8 weapon slots there is no further increase, unlike for consoles. That seems to me ridiculous since the highest tier of ships should excel in absolutely everything including the number of weapons. In all the games I played (whether it was about starships, cars or something else) the highest tier superseded every previous one in everything. Therefor, T6 ships should have had more weapon slots (9 or 10). However, since this is not a case, I hope that in the future, possible T7 ships will have 10 weapon slots. It is just the logical way of advancement. Sure, it would make the lower tier ships obsolete, but that is the reason why they are lower tier.
    Also, this is MMO RPG where advancement to better, more powerful equipment and ships is natural. This is not a strategy like Command & Conquer where balance is the key (hell, even there exist better and more powerul weapons/vehicles/equipment). I hope you get my point? I've written enough already about this matter I think.

And last, but not least, let me finish Galaxy vs. Sovereign discussion once and for all. The line must be drawn here. This far no further! :D
    If you want to stick to the on screen canon so much, than I have some serious disappointments for Galaxy fans in my sleeves. For the start, let's say it is true that it wasn't stated in canon that Sovereign is the most powerful ship in Starfleet, while that actually was said for Galaxy. Ok, I give you that one, but that's pretty much all you will get.
    Sovereign class has 16 Type XII (12) (notice the bold, because this is very important and huge difference), while Galaxy has 11 or 12 Type X (10) phaser arrays. Therefor it is logical to conclude that Sovereign has higher number and more powerful phaser arrays. She also have 9 torpedo launchers and one of them is quantum launcher, while Galaxy has only 2 of them, and there are no quantum launchers or torpedoes whatsoever. 2:0 for Sovereign class for now.
    Besides that Sovereign has more powerful shields (that is fact, since we saw how much beating she can take in Nemesis movie) and more resilient armor (there was only a quarter of Enterprise's saucer section damaged when she rammed Scimitar which received far more damage from the impact). 3:0 for Sovereign.
    Sovereign can also reach higher warp speeds and it seems she has more advanced warp core too. Also, when it comes to maneuverability, she is sleeker and more maneuverable than Galaxy. Oh look, we are already at 4:0 for Sovereign :D
    And last, but not least she has captain's yacht, and more advanced auxiliray craft (type 11 shuttles are even better than runabouts I think).

There's probably more I could say, but I think I've already proven which ship is better and why so there's really no need to go on. Btw, yes, I am aware of the fact that we haven't seen Sovereign at the front lines of Dominion war, but that is not the ship's fault, these is the fault of ones who created the shows and movies. If I were directing DS9 Sovereign would lead the fleets into every major battles and there would be also more battles than we were able to see during show.

Picard did mention that they were involved in the Dominion War. I have love for all the ships who have carried the name Enterprise. I do believe the Sovereign was a more tactically oriented cruiser which leads to the advanced weaponry and armor.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    +1 to a T6 Sovereign, Command/Intel/Pilot Hybrid universal seating!! muahahahahah
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd get a Tier 6 Sovereign but in it's nemesis skin.

Canon wise she's a very potent ship and in game she's a joy to fly with a good tactical boff layout.

I fly the regent but in the sovereign skin at t5-u and well a tier 6 sovereign is right up my street
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      dw1178dw1178 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
      edited April 2015

- captain's yacht

Well to go further into the Sovereign. Actually the Galaxy has a higher maximum warp. The Sovereign is slower at max warp then the Galaxy, much less then even the Intrepid class. Thats why she was caught in Nemesis. But other then that she beats the Galaxy. If you actually listen in Nemesis to all the dialogue, the entire battle, the Ent-E was running on Emergency power batteries. Cause her main power was knocked out in the opening shots. This explains why the battle would be so short and why the arrays were exhausted before deciding to ram. The shields are regenerative, which are more power consuming but are more are self powering from oncoming energy fire.

But to be more in the game i would rather see the Sovereign witg a 5x3 weapon layout vs a 4x4. With it like that and its agility i feel like this truly makes it how she was in Nemesis.
    • Options
      willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      i think a T6 Sovereign should have a classic 4X4 layout. Its a cruiser, not a Battlecruiser or Escort. And since most Cruiser captains are broadsiding 4x4 is still the best. Good fwd. damage, good damage to enemies behind you and full broadside Damage with all 8 Weapons if you use beam weapons only. And with all the Omni directional Arrays i already have 7 forward facing weapons on every Cruiser.

Of course a T6 Sovereign needs a new skin. what about this one?:
      http://stexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur_class
    • Options
      coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Seeing how the current T5 Sovy refit cruiser is...

Possible T6 Sovy will get
      Consoles: 3 tac, 4 eng, 3 sci
      4/4 weapons layout
      1.0 shield modifier
      +10 to weapons, +5 to shields & aux
      the full cruiser commands set

But the BOFF layout might be the difference
      Option 1:
      Lt. sci
      Lt. tac
      Lt. Cmd tac
      Cmd eng
      Lt. eng

Option 2:
      Ens. tac
      Lt. Cmd universal
      Lt. Cmd tac
      Cmd eng
      Lt. eng
    • Options
      reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      coffeemike wrote: »
      Seeing how the current T5 Sovy refit cruiser is...

Possible T6 Sovy will get
      Consoles: 3 tac, 4 eng, 3 sci
      4/4 weapons layout
      1.0 shield modifier
      +10 to weapons, +5 to shields & aux
      the full cruiser commands set

But the BOFF layout might be the difference
      Option 1:
      Lt. sci
      Lt. tac
      Lt. Cmd tac
      Cmd eng
      Lt. eng

Option 2:
      Ens. tac
      Lt. Cmd universal
      Lt. Cmd tac
      Cmd eng
      Lt. eng

universal? nope. Assault cruiser implies tactical purpose. A ltcom tac and ltcom eng/pilot is more likely.
      In homage to the sovys performance in insurrection and nemesis, where it was a mimble vessel doing hard turns, rolls and skin dancing.
      aaaaaand there is the fact that cryptic explucitly mentioned riker in that pilot spec reveal post.
    • Options
      nataku302nataku302 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Since they started introducing some of the canon ships as T6 ships (first Intrepid and now Dominion attack ship too) and there are already request for some other ship to become T6 as well, I wanted to also share my wish for a most beautiful and one the best starships ever seen in Star Trek (at least for me). I'm speaking about Sovereign class of course.

Here are reasons why there should be a T6 version of her:

1.) As I already said, Sovereign is one of the best designed ships I've seen on screen, and I think that many people would agree with me.

2.) She is also the most powerful ships seen in canon and I believe she would still be between the most powerful ships even during STO timeline. And if Intrepid could get her T6 version, there is absolutely no reason why Sovereign class shouldn't.

3.) Has a bridge seen in the movies and I'm quite certain that one exists in game. Besides that I believe she also have other interiors like engineering, sickbay, ready room, briefing room, corridors, restaurant..., and they probably exist in game too. They could even make them more modern or STO era like.

4.) Sovereign class has variety of good auxiliary craft including captain's yacht, type 11 shuttles and argo shuttles with land all-terrain vehicles.

5.) While she wasn't seen during Voyager, she appears in movie with events that are happening after Voyager's return to Alpha quadrant.

6.) She would make an excellent command or intel ship. And maybe even both in one.

7.) While we never saw it on screen, there was a plan of making her able to do saucer separation, there is even concept sketch of it as seen here.

Now let's get to my vision of what she should have as T6:

- hull: 48547 at lvl 50, 58000 at lvl 60
      - turn rate: 9
      - 5 fore weapons slots and 5 aft weapon slots (yes, the time has come to start increasing maximum number of weapons slots and since Sovereign has a lot of phaser arrays and torpedo launchers it is only logical to give her more weapon slots)
      - a special slot for secondary deflector dish (if she's going to be able for saucer separation she should have this)
      - 5 eng, 4 tac and 3 sci console slots for command engineering variant, 4 eng, 5 tac, 3 sci for command tactical variant, and 4 eng, 4 tac and 4 sci for command science variant
      - 4 eng, 4 tac and 4 sci console slots for intel variant
      - universal console: cloaking device (in case of intel variant)
      - universal console: regenerative ablative armor (in case of eng command variant)
      - universal console: point-defense phaser turrets (in case of command tactical variant)
      - universal console: secondary shield generators (in case of sci command variant)
      - both universal console in case of command/intel crossover variants
      - saucer separation ability (all variants)
      - captain's yacht (all variants)
      - metreon gas canisters (all variants)
      - hangar bay - argo or type 11 shuttles (command variants only)
      - cloak (intel variant only)

Command variants boff slots:

- commander eng/command
      - lieutenant commander tac
      - lieutenant sci/command
      - lieutenant eng
      - lieutenant universal

Intel variant boff slots:

- commander eng/intel
      - lieutenant command tac
      - lieutenant sci/intel
      - lieutenant eng
      - lieutenant universal

Command/Intel crossover variant

- commander universal
      - lieutenant commander tac
      - lieutenant universal
      - lieutenant eng
      - lieutenant sci

Ant that would be it :D If you have some thoughts or better suggestion about it feel free to share them.

Sorry sir the Sovereign class will not have 5 fore and 5 aft weapons because it will be too broken and if that was the case any other cruisers would have it. Most likely the Sovereign class will be a command cruiser or a pilot it won't be an intel ship at all. Sorry commander universal will not happen for the Sovereign class.
    • Options
      warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      My take on what the T6 Assault Cruiser may be. For reference, the Fleet T5 Sovereign.

T6 Assault Cruiser
      Weapons: 4/4

TAC/Hybrid LtCdr
      TAC Lt - Goes from Ens to Lt with the move to T6
      ENG Cmdr
      ENG Lt
      UNIV Lt

Device: 4
      Consoles @ Fleet T6: 4 TAC, 5 ENG, 2 SCI
      Turn Rate: 7
      Impulse: .15
      Inertia: 30
      Bonus Power: +10 weapons, +5 shields, +5 aux
      Abilities: All 4 Cruiser Commands

Again, Cryptic is very predictable with how T5 ships will transfer to T6. Look at what they've done with the Intrepid, Galaxy, Negh'Var, D'Deridex and you'll see the clear ports of T5 to T6.

Consoles at Fleet T6 are the same as Fleet T5U.

BOFF station at T6? Very easy to see what gets the +1 ability slot. The fixed TAC Ens gets it. Putting it in the Lt ENG makes the station too close to the Galaxy. You are NOT going to get a Universal LtCdr. Not only making it a LtCdr Universal will be a False Choice but doing anything but SCI leaves a very serious weakness in a build.

Also, I put the LtCdr TAC station as the Hybrid station. To date, NONE of the ported T5 ships to T6 has a Hybrid Cmdr station. And the recent "Iconic" ships only had 1 Hybrid station with LtCdr at best.

The port of a Sovereign to T6 is easy to see how it will unfold. It will be a more "punchy" ship than the T6 Galaxy. The T6 Galaxy can do a good number in TAC but it will not have the same TAC console and station setup as the more offensive oriented T6 Sovereign.

I would also expect some console to come with a T6 C-Store Sovereign. It would likely get a new set compromising the new T6 console as well as the T5's Metreon Gas Canister and Wide Angle Quantum.

I can also see a possible route that the set will only be the new T6 console with only either the Metreon Gas Canister or the Wide Angle Quantum. Because making a 3 set bonus means that anyone can take the Sovereign 2 piece anywhere, because the Metreon Gas Canister and Wide Angle Quantum are not stuck specifically on the Sovereign. Cryptic in general has been very loathe to allow something like that. Hell, even the KDF T6 Negh'Var couldn't make a 2 piece bonus with the T6 console and the other consoles that a KDF player could acquire that would have been part of the bonus for the Iconic ship counterparts.
      XzRTofz.gif
    • Options
      seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      My take on what the T6 Assault Cruiser may be. For reference, the Fleet T5 Sovereign.

T6 Assault Cruiser

TAC/Hybrid LtCdr
      ENG Cmdr
      ENG Lt
      UNIV Lt

Again, Cryptic is very predictable with how T5 ships will transfer to T6. Look at what they've done with the Intrepid, Galaxy, Negh'Var, D'Deridex and you'll see the clear ports of T5 to T6.

BOFF station at T6? Very easy to see what gets the +1 ability slot. The fixed TAC Ens gets it. Putting it in the Lt ENG makes the station too close to the Galaxy. You are NOT going to get a Universal LtCdr. Not only making it a LtCdr Universal will be a False Choice but doing anything but SCI leaves a very serious weakness in a build.

Also, I put the LtCdr TAC station as the Hybrid station. To date, NONE of the ported T5 ships to T6 has a Hybrid Cmdr station. And the recent "Iconic" ships only had 1 Hybrid station with LtCdr at best.

The port of a Sovereign to T6 is easy to see how it will unfold. It will be a more "punchy" ship than the T6 Galaxy. The T6 Galaxy can do a good number in TAC but it will not have the same TAC console and station setup as the more offensive oriented T6 Sovereign.

I would also expect some console to come with a T6 C-Store Sovereign. It would likely get a new set compromising the new T6 console as well as the T5's Metreon Gas Canister and Wide Angle Quantum.

I can also see a possible route that the set will only be the new T6 console with only either the Metreon Gas Canister or the Wide Angle Quantum. Because making a 3 set bonus means that anyone can take the Sovereign 2 piece anywhere, because the Metreon Gas Canister and Wide Angle Quantum are not stuck specifically on the Sovereign. Cryptic in general has been very loathe to allow something like that. Hell, even the KDF T6 Negh'Var couldn't make a 2 piece bonus with the T6 console and the other consoles that a KDF player could acquire that would have been part of the bonus for the Iconic ship counterparts.

Absolutely 100% spot on.. every word.
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • Options
      stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      reyan01 wrote: »
      Actually, I would argue that - in canon - the Prometheus class was probably the most powerful Starship.
      It was still used for centuries afterwards at the Battle of Procyon as well.
      I thought the Metreon Gas canister was limited to Sovereign only? But admittedly I only looked at it for five minutes when I first bought the Regent way back when, then took it off and never looked at it again.

EDIT Just checked Sto wiki and it claims it's limited to the various Assault Cruiser ships. They've already done an analogous 'weapon plus console' set in the T4 and T5 Arkif with it's console and quad plasma cannons.
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,019 Community Moderator
      edited April 2015
      Metreon Gas was made into a cross faction console, and unbound from the Sovereign family of ships.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      stofsk wrote: »

EDIT Just checked Sto wiki and it claims it's limited to the various Assault Cruiser ships. They've already done an analogous 'weapon plus console' set in the T4 and T5 Arkif with it's console and quad plasma cannons.

STOwiki is increasingly out of date as time passes. As rattler2 before me pointed out, changes to Metreon Gas Canister were done. Quite a while ago. And the Wide Angle Quantum had been unrestricted since the Regent released.

As far as the Ar'kif's set goes, the set can only be used on the Ar'kif ships themselves. You can sling the Quad Plasmas anywhere, but the console is Ar'kif only.
      XzRTofz.gif
    • Options
      nataku302nataku302 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
      edited April 2015

T6 Assault Cruiser

TAC/Hybrid LtCdr
      ENG Cmdr
      ENG Lt
      UNIV Lt

Wouldn't it keep the ensign slot and one of the LT officers be moved to a LT Com station instead like the tier 6 galaxy so I assume LT eng will be a LT comm instead.
    • Options
      stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      rattler2 wrote: »
      Metreon Gas was made into a cross faction console, and unbound from the Sovereign family of ships.
      STOwiki is increasingly out of date as time passes. As rattler2 before me pointed out, changes to Metreon Gas Canister were done. Quite a while ago.
      Shows what I know :)
      And the Wide Angle Quantum had been unrestricted since the Regent released.

As far as the Ar'kif's set goes, the set can only be used on the Ar'kif ships themselves. You can sling the Quad Plasmas anywhere, but the console is Ar'kif only.
      I know. I was directly comparing it to the (old) Metreon Gas Canister console as analogous. But the new console not being bound to the Sovereign family renders my point moot.
    • Options
      commander45689commander45689 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      I would like there to be a tier six Sovereign as well
      I am fan of the Galaxy class and Sovereign class. I like Federation cruisers.

Hoping for a Yesterday's Enterprise Bundle

My idea for the bundle :smile:
      https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1264100/yesterdays-enterprise-bundle-idea
    • Options
      drazziidrazzii Member Posts: 104 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      nataku302 wrote: »

T6 Assault Cruiser

TAC/Hybrid LtCdr
      ENG Cmdr
      ENG Lt
      UNIV Lt

Wouldn't it keep the ensign slot and one of the LT officers be moved to a LT Com station instead like the tier 6 galaxy so I assume LT eng will be a LT comm instead.

Agreed. Every other new T6 cruiser (with the exception of the Command cruisers) all received a new BOFF seating layout that included 2x Lt.CMD seats.

(edit: I don't think it'll be a Lt.CMD Engineering seat)
      Post edited by drazzii on
      aV2IRVJ.png
    • Options
      artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      edalgo wrote: »
      Prometheus has always been hard to place on a list of "most powerful" ships. Some say first while others would put it 4th or 5th behind Sov, Gal, Neb, Amb possibly.

Some say the Defiant is #1 but I don't believe that for 1 bit.

Massively more powerful than the Ambassador I'd imagine. Maybe less than the nebula as one was sent after the stolen ship.

Have you ever seen the Defiant in action!? It fought the Mirror Klingon Dreadnought. True it was wearing a full set of plot armours and other Defiant Classes probably die like Mirandas.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
      Yes, Prometheus at that time is the fastest ship but as I remember Federeation ships get the same technology, mostly, so it could stand to reason that the Sovereign classes could have ablative armour added later and regenrative shields. As well as other ships.
    • Options
      artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      Firstly, it was never stated (in canon) that the Sovereign class had armor or Regenerative shields. We may presume that it had some sort of armor, but nothing was ever stated regarding this.
      The Prometheus was stated, in dialouge, to have Ablative Armor and regenerative shields and appears to have been the first Starfleet vessel to be equipped with the latter.

I think it has some form of duel shields though, the bubble one and a hull hugging one.
      I always assumed that the Nebula class that chased the Prometheus was simply the closest ship able to attempt interception once the Prometheus had to drop its speed. As noted, dialouge in 'Message in a Bottle' stated that nothing could catch the Prometheus before it crossed the neutral zone - presumably between the Romulan's who stole it being a little complacent by that point, and the fact that NO ship can maintain maximum warp indefinitely, I tend to think that Starfleet had little option but to send the closest ship.

It's been forever since I've seen the episode, but I don't think that's likely. The Enterprise is the only ship that's ever in range, not some random Nebula :p.
      However, Starfleet's ACTUAL response was to send an Akira class and TWO Defiant class Starships to deal with it; THAT should be taken as the measure of how powerful the Prometheus is. Also worth noting that those three ships might not have caught the Prometheus had she not stopped.

The Defiant has ablative armour, quantum torpedoes, and two could be a match for the Prometheus. It's hard, however, to assess the Akira at all, I don't think we ever see one destroyed in DS9 and I can't remember how it fared against the Cube.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!