test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)

Comments

• maelstromvortexmaelstromvortex Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It would be nice, wherever it is made, if it is KDF accessible. Some would like to pay respects to Ambassador Spock.
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Rest in Peace.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • bramterrorbramterror Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    R I P Leonard Nimoy You will truly be missed
  • pegasus78pegasus78 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    RIP Leonard Nimoy ... Mr Spock :(

You will be missed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can't add anything to what has already been expressed except to add my own sentiments and say he was an inspiration to me taking a strong interest in science and making me a lifelong Star Trek fan.

I would also like to say thank you to Cryptic for adding the memorial.

Rest In Peace Leonard Nimoy you will be missed. :(
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I got lucky and got to meet him at one of his final conventions, in Dallas. great guy to be around, really knew how to work a crowd. I remember his Q&A was going long, and they asked him to hurry up, he looked at the audience, brought it to their attention that he was told that, and due to the dress code of the T-Shirts the Convention management were wearing, shouted "Get the Redshirts!" everyone laughed.

and with his last message to the fans, leave it to Nimoy to Eulogize himself better than any of us could.
    https://twitter.com/TheRealNimoy/status/569762773204217857
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• drakkdurazdrakkduraz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Goodbye Leonard, actually you are not dead, but you're just warped into another dimension.
  • yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    RIP Leonard Nimoy, to me you will always be the embodiment of Logic. Another great Star Trek actor gone, but who will not be forgotten LLAP.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    R.I.P Mr. Nimoy. You inspired generations.

A memorial on Vulcan should be in order, I think. The Prime Universe considers Spock dead anyway.
    Maybe do a second one on ESD or SFA since he was part human too?

Edit: Nevermind that. Just read that you're already planning to do so.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • danielhunter1991danielhunter1991 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have to say I was very sad to hear this and shocked. He will be very missed.

Been playing the game since 2012 but only just started posting on the forums, how embarrassing.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Good job to the team on getting a memorial in so quick. :)
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • danielhunter1991danielhunter1991 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Good job to the team on getting a memorial in so quick. :)

Yeah I was quite impressed how quickly they where able to get something together, great work guys.
  • thesprooks17thesprooks17 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    R.I.P. To the one and only legend Leonard Simon Nimoy
    The millions of fans around the world greif for you everyday and you will be in all our hearts for an eternity
    You have been and always shall be our only true spock and im sure if we found the genesis planet you would be the first there.

Live Long and Prosper, 83 was a good age and you certainly done it prosperly

P.S. i'd recommend that we send Nimoy's ashes into space would be a suiting goodbye
  • cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    RIP Leonard Nimoy,

I always wish I could've met you and shaken your hand. The world is emptier today.
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • gqandigqandi Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is so sad! His Legacy will live on. Just have to make sure the future generations know of him.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Rest in Peace dear Mr. Nimoy.

Thank you for all your years of entertaining us as Mr. Spock.

I would also like to thank you for all the Non-Trek things you did during your life that brought myself and others such joy such as these...

Mars

Bilbo

and one of my favorite moments from the past...

Merv

You shall Live Long And Prosper in our memories dear sir.

:(
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    RIP Leonard Nimoy. And thanks to the STO team for their nice gesture with the memorial. \V/
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I found out about Mr Nimoy's passing on mumble with my EVE Online buddies. To say the general reaction on comms when the news broke was utter shock is an understatement.

Spock/Nimoy is possibly the most loved character in Trek canon, but he was also a Science Fiction giant. I loved the G1 Transformers and thus always remember him as Galvatron and more recently Sentinel Prime however for most of us he will always be Spock. He himself said that element of the character continued to influence his outlook on everyday things and he would even find himself talking in tones similar to how Spock would speak.

I think the most important thing to remember is that he was a wonderful human being, always generous with his time and always keen to bring out the good in this world.

My Twitter feed has just been absolutely flooded with messages of condolences and sadness it's really been a little overwhelming. My favourite tweets so far, one of the ISS astronauts tweeting a picture of him doing the Vulcan salute silhouetted against our little blue planet, NASA saying how Spock made the post of ISS Science Officer something special and Barack Obama (love him or loath him) tweeted saying "long before being nerdy was cool, there was Leonard Nimoy".

Normally I would say Rest in Peace, but I think he would prefer Peace and Long Life... wherever the next one takes you.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    idashla wrote: »
    An additional memorial for Nimoy could be installed somewhere. A pedestal with the Torpedo Casing from the ST3 movie. Below it would be a plaque with his name, and some sort of quote about Rebirth.

It would be fitting and nice. So while there is likely going to be a big memorial, maybe this would be a small contemplation room with that torpedo casing at it center, a wall/curtain fountain, and seating all around. An interesting idea anyways.

If not on Vulcan, maybe on the Klingon or Vulcan homeworld somewhere. I would think one of those two would like the concept of rebirth. :)

The torpedo casing was designed by Cryptic artists for the F2P trailer created by the late h2orat at Cryptic. It's actually in the Foundry if you're interested in creating a memorial mission. (It's a torpedo casing with a modern Federation flag.)

I doubt Cryptic can perfectly honor every sentiment people have in every way but I'm sure we'll see Foundry authors pay tribute as well... and there are some unique assets and mechanics in Foundry missions that would make this fitting.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I want to once again express my heartfelt condolences to the friends, family, and fans of Leonard Nimoy. Everyone at Cryptic Studios was saddened to hear of his passing and we want to make sure we never forget the cultural impact of the man or the character he played. To that end, the Star Trek Online team will implement a standing in-game memorial to Spock and Leonard Nimoy this Thursday March 5th with our regular weekly maintenance.

In this way, we hope to keep his memory as alive in our game as he is in all of our hearts.

LLAP

Steve Ricossa
    Executive Producer

*claps*
    Good on you, sir.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    Thankyou ;)
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    thank you.

I will be going to pay my respects at the monument.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I want to once again express my heartfelt condolences to the friends, family, and fans of Leonard Nimoy. Everyone at Cryptic Studios was saddened to hear of his passing and we want to make sure we never forget the cultural impact of the man or the character he played. To that end, the Star Trek Online team will implement a standing in-game memorial to Spock and Leonard Nimoy this Thursday March 5th with our regular weekly maintenance.

In this way, we hope to keep his memory as alive in our game as he is in all of our hearts.

LLAP

Steve Ricossa
    Executive Producer

The best decision Cryptic/PWE has made yet with Star Trek Online! Thank you, salami, and to the entire team!
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Its sad that Leonard Nimoy has passed on.

I grew up watching TNG from an age so young I didn't even understand the concept of space travel and ships. But I grew, I learned and the cast of TNG shaped my mind as it developed. It wasn't until much later that I went and watched TOS. (Haven't quite finished that actually. Must make sure that I do-and soon.

But I'd have never had TNG without TOS, and without Spock.

Rest in peace Mr Nimoy. Yesterday I stood at the fountain with the others and held Vigil in your honour.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015

LLAP

Steve Ricossa
    Executive Producer

Thank you.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Kind of hope the comminuty team or a few devs will be around when the server is up on the 5th, tweet pictures of players around the planet who want to give their best send off for Leonard, having their pictures taken with one of these official staff. then let everyone know that we take care of our own. Trekkie through and through.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • marielangmarielang Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    although you never knew me you are and always shall be my friend. godspeed Mr Spock and god bless Mr Nimoy