Install Arc
Options

Server Downtime 02-19-2015

Comments

• Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    fudgemonk wrote: »
    Hmmmm, at least the server massage has change. Might be a good sign.

Yes, that's all the server really keeps asking for, a good belly rub. :)
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jexsamx wrote: »
    *casually wanders by*

*stops, does double take*

Is... is this a server downtime thread!?

*grabs popcorn, mashes refresh every two minutes like clockwork*

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! These were my favorite forum event back in the day! Been a while since we had a good one!
    Hehehehe :D

It is a little funny if you're not invested. :P
    sov42 wrote: »
    That's why the first thing I do when I log in is reload my dailies. That way I can keep the timing consistent.
    Me too, it seems to me they shut down a bit early.
    dashrem wrote: »
    Speaking of running... I see some people running REAL fast... How do they do that?

Command specialization the first ground passive is enhanced run speed. If their feet are causing a condensation effect then it's the winter boots.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The time has come......
    Once the game comes back up we all meet on nimbus and have a MASSIVE dance war and blow the server up and make them buy a new one.
    :P:D

p.s. as to the running fast thing they could also be in combat (red alert) mode which increases run speed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    arathin wrote: »
    The time has come......
    Once the game comes back up we all meet on nimbus and have a MASSIVE dance war and blow the server up and make them buy a new one.

This sounds like it takes effort..........
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Holodeck is now unlocked and ready for you to login.

Thank you again for all your patience STO Community.

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    mintyfresh05mintyfresh05 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    its back up people
  • Options
    zadetrekker1zadetrekker1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That server is back up what!!!
    :D
  • Options
    pozmedley1963pozmedley1963 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    Yes, that's all the server really keeps asking for, a good belly rub. :)

It definitely keeps trying to get 'something' rubbed and to be honest my hand is getting tired.
  • Options
    darthgokudarthgoku Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Im All for that !!!
  • Options
    cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    arathin wrote: »
    The time has come......

For some reason, that reminds of me of the time the players organized a ship conga line around ESD that lasted for almost 2 days. Ah, memories...
  • Options
    fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Off to refine lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

~CaptainSmirk

GREAT!! Thanks for keeping us waiting. Maybe you got those hamsters turned into kobli after all!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,425 Arc User
    edited February 2015

~CaptainSmirk

Anyone else who thinks we'll be back with another crash within 10 minutes?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    dolphin63dolphin63 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That's a very dark, and depressing view of the world and the system but just that, it's not one you can out right prove. Parts of what you state are true, inevitably, but parts are murky without any shred of evidence to back you up. Still as you say this is not the place for such discussions :)

I have proven it to myself after many years of study on the subject. Once upon a time I was obsessed with Geopolitics. It is not an easy thing to overcome the brainwashing on you're own, but it is possible. The first step is recognizing that the world view you were programmed with is a complete lie.

Read "The Iron Mountain Report". It would be a good start. It is in the Guiness Book of World records listed as the greatest literary hoax of all time. That of course was done as part of an effort to discredit it.
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Excellent. They finally found the lan cable that the intern tripped over.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    None will forget this day! The great rant of Feb the 19th 2015 :D
  • Options
    jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    why is it that every single week..the ATR exceeds the ETR? by hours....... minutes i can understand.
    but a 2.5 hour planned time turning into a 9+ hour downtime is ungood (technical term). why is it that every single week this has occurred??

please correct these issues and provide a more accurate ETR.
    Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Still having trouble logging in.
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dashrem wrote: »
    Speaking of running... I see some people running REAL fast... How do they do that?

Undine rep ground buff, Motion accelerator, Psionic Command Aura, Winter Boots and a PC with 6-core Haswell processors on a broadband network sans lag is all it takes to become a STO rollerderby champion.

oh and yes, an STO server that is running. :)
  • Options
    rumrunner7rumrunner7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well after reading everyone's posts so far and many before and many after.....

I have never posted in the forums before because well........ not really part of my STO experience, same with zone or local chat.

But one thing i would like everyone with any intelligence (including pwe/cryptic) to consider is.

How many people all tried to log in? How many people ALWAYS try to log in? How many people are patching while this is happening? How many people don't make it in so get disco'd and re-sign in, in like 2 seconds flat? How many keep doing this? When did the little circle turn red?

Yes cryptic needs either new/more servers but we as the gamers/consumers we need to be patient and if you ever see a "your 2000/12000 in que" dont freak out and write angry posts about that too.

Ill STFU now.

P.s. If you wanna have an idea go to k-7 where i usually hang out and see how many people are there and how many instances. (btw theres usually only about 8 of us out there not low level going through the episodes in instance 1)
  • Options
    disasterlord95disasterlord95 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Me too still getting the Login2_Timeout message
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    its back up people

For how long is the question..... 3. 2. 1. Activate self-destruct.
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "Sir, the mains are back online!"
    Greenbird
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Me too still getting the Login2_Timeout message

Same here.
  • Options
    rumrunner7rumrunner7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rumrunner7 wrote: »
    Well after reading everyone's posts so far and many before and many after.....

I have never posted in the forums before because well........ not really part of my STO experience, same with zone or local chat.

But one thing i would like everyone with any intelligence (including pwe/cryptic) to consider is.

How many people all tried to log in? How many people ALWAYS try to log in? How many people are patching while this is happening? How many people don't make it in so get disco'd and re-sign in, in like 2 seconds flat? How many keep doing this? When did the little circle turn red?

Yes cryptic needs either new/more servers but we as the gamers/consumers we need to be patient and if you ever see a "your 2000/12000 in que" dont freak out and write angry posts about that too.

Ill STFU now.

P.s. If you wanna have an idea go to k-7 where i usually hang out and see how many people are there and how many instances. (btw theres usually only about 8 of us out there not low level going through the episodes in instance 1)

lol, look! hahahahaha point and case!
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The guys they send down to fix server in the catacomb, first some of them got lost in the maze and then th rest dropped dead on the ramp lol

These must be the 900 year old Vaadwaur servers in the "Dust to Dust" episode.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Oh look... server not responding every 10 seconds and massive rubber banding... /sigh
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yep nothing is working for me :mad:
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    Oh look... server not responding every 10 seconds and massive rubber banding... /sigh

Wooohooo! /10chars
    I need a beer.

• Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    To quote Wayne and Garth, Game On!
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"