test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nice new ships - but I won't buy

124»

Comments

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Won't be on either won't spend a dime on this game until they make the proper restitution to the playerbase and stop nerfing everything.

As of today I'm closing my wallet again too. Command ships, also C-Store, screwed over all other T6 C-Store ship owners.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    screwed over all other T6 C-Store ship owners.

The world's smallest violin, I am playing it from the bridge of my T5-U D'Deridex.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited February 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    The world's smallest violin, I am playing it from the bridge of my T5-U D'Deridex.

And I'll be playing it from the bridge of my non-T6U, is the point. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    And I'll be playing it from the bridge of my non-T6U, is the point. :)

Just saying. Cryptic wouldn't be continually TRIBBLE over people who invested time and money into the ships they love if people would stop giving them money to encourage them to do exactly that.

People who bought the T6 Intel ships knew what they were getting into. Displace and render obsolete T5 and Fleet T5 ships for the new shiny ship. Despite knowing players have invested a great deal of effort into acquiring and modifying them.

But then they get screwed over by the new Command ships. Then a few months down the line, the Command ships will be rendered obsolete by the new shiny ship pack after that.

And we will continue to have this conversation over and over again as people come to the same conclusions, but not enough to send Cryptic a clear message. Money speaks louder than forums.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited February 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Just saying. Cryptic wouldn't be continually TRIBBLE over people who invested time and money into the ships they love if people would stop giving them money to encourage them to do exactly that.

People who bought the T6 Intel ships knew what they were getting into. Displace and render obsolete T5 and Fleet T5 ships for the new shiny ship. Despite knowing players have invested a great deal of effort into acquiring and modifying them.

But then they get screwed over by the new Command ships. Then a few months down the line, the Command ships will be rendered obsolete by the new shiny ship pack after that.

And we will continue to have this conversation over and over again as people come to the same conclusions, but not enough to send Cryptic a clear message. Money speaks louder than forums.

Actually, initially I eventually was sold on Cryptic's pitch that nothing would be obsoleted. Yes, I'm that naive. :) Of course, Intel really did. And, btw, I *am* one of those people who had a great many lockbox ships (and various iconic Fed ships).

I figured a semi-obsoletion every few years or so, in the name of progress, was to be deemed reasonable. So I finally bought into the whole Intel spiel. Little did I know, of course, that history would repeat itself, not 5 years later, but only a few months. That's where I draw the line.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i'd buy them if i could stay connected to server long enough to equip them before dc'ing.
    then once in said ship i'd like to be able to do any ship pve queue without flying backwards or getting dc'ed again.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.