What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nice new ships - but I won't buy

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I suppose it depends on how much pride you take in the product you create. If they don't want Klingons in the game then remove the faction, don't make it a half-arsed effort that shows demonstrably how little you care. Being totally honest would be to say that this part of the game is a drain on resources and is losing money so we are sorry but it will be removed. If you're going to do it, then do it well. Personally I don't think that 20% of the player base is a small niche of players.
    To paraphrase the rules of Acquisition, "pride in a sack is worth as much as an empty sack"
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    doctordositheusdoctordositheus Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't really have strong opinions about their appearance, and they seem fine with regard to boff seating and consoles. The reason I probably won't buy any is because I just find the Command abilities all a little underwhelming. I think when we have fleet versions of the intel ships they will outperform these. It seems to me that there's no real gems among the command abilities like Override Subsystem Safeties or Surgical Strikes in the intel abilities.
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If enough people took this stance, might actually get their attention. One can hope.

Never gonna happen,this game has to many whales.
  • Options
    kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    True, but STO is never going to have this. It hasn't from the beginning. As Nabreeki said, Cryptic has been saying that the KDF has been unprofitable for years. If you want that to change, start playing KDF and more importantly, buying more KDF stuff and encourage others to do so.

Well that's the thing.. they used there wallets to complain.. and complained them self's out of content and now are upset about it :D
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    As I recall, that was more due to the superhero genre and most people wanting to play the hero instead of the villain as well as introducing villains as an expansion instead of from the get go.

It was, IIRC, because it was a paid "expanshalone" (remember that term?), which meant you could buy only COV, and play it. Since many did just that (me included), people didn't like the "issues" being heavily slanted toward one side or the other. Also, many expected a complete game, since COH was at 50 with endgame content- COV only went to lvl 40, and took up 90% of an "issue" to get the level 50 zone with the LRSF. They added the shared subscription thing later on, when people of each side kept complaining they weren't getting their updates like they wanted (look! It's the same game now! So it's a "game" update!).

It was just poorly done in almost every way.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jarfaru wrote: »
    Never gonna happen,this game has to many whales.

I know and its depressing, but principle matters even for whales. I mean heck I've made enough from dil over the past week to just buy the pack outright, and could put the All Hands trait to good use on several characters, but doing so would mean supporting what the game has become. Sometimes even when you can do something, maybe even want to do it, doesn't mean you should do it. And the only thing that is ever gonna change Cryptic's mind is if there is more money to be made by not doing grind and power creep, so we all just gotta do what we can do. *shrugs*
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    These new ships are an absolute slap in the face.

I have 2 Intel Ships (Guardian, Phantom) and now these come out for the same price but they're fleet?

WTF?

You couldn't just make them base T6 like what we already have, you have to make everything else obsolete in an attempt to get people to spend.

This is the last f'n straw for me.. this is completely unacceptable. Who's going to buy ships with a system like this where 2-3 months later it's outdated?

This really pisses me off. This is that last bit of encouragement I needed to finally put this game behind me.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    These new ships are an absolute slap in the face.

I have 2 Intel Ships (Guardian, Phantom) and now these come out for the same price but they're fleet?

WTF?

You couldn't just make them base T6 like what we already have, you have to make everything else obsolete in an attempt to get people to spend.

This is the last f'n straw for me.. this is completely unacceptable. Who's going to buy ships with a system like this where 2-3 months later it's outdated?

This really pisses me off. This is that last bit of encouragement I needed to finally put this game behind me.

lol :D Would you prefer these to be 3.5 k Zen and 7/14k for the bundles? :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,529 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I like the look of some of the ship pieces but I won't be buying. I want more canon ships and I won't be buying until more are released. Yes, I do realize that PWE has stated there will be no more canon ships added to the game.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    savnokasavnoka Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm pretty happy with the looks and handling of the Qib, and frankly none of these Klingon ships fit the playstyle I like.

As with Romulan, Scimtard is still superior, so not much point there.

The Fed ships are nice enough, but I tend to agree with the OP that there's just not much need for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    lol :D Would you prefer these to be 3.5 k Zen and 7/14k for the bundles? :D

No, I would prefer they were base T6 to keep them equivalent to the other ships in the game.

So now you have T5U ships that have 11 Consoles.

Lobi and Lockbox Ships at T6 have 11 consoles.

And now Command Ships have 11 Consoles.

So basically when I paid $30 for my Guardian, I paid for one of the only ships left in the game with only 10 consoles.

This is completely unacceptable. I don't get how people aren't outraged over this. They're invalidating ships they just sold us 3-4 months ago.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No, I would prefer they were base T6 to keep them equivalent to the other ships in the game.

So basically when I paid $30 for my Guardian, I paid for one of the only ships left in the game with only 10 consoles.

This is completely unacceptable. I don't get how people aren't outraged over this. They're invalidating ships they just sold us 3-4 months ago.

Don't worry you'll get to pay 500 more zen for a Fleet Guardian with an extra console slot. :cool:
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    he11bladehe11blade Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I probably will pass on them but for a different reason - lack of ship slots. I've bought all I can, yet new ships continue to pour into the game. It sounds like the devs won't be making more slots available for purchase any time soon, so I've been campaigning for the ability to reclaim ANY and all ships we earn or at least the ability to re-box/mothball them so that we don't lose them.

Probably won't purchase any more lock box keys either. The biggest prize in each lock box is a ship. Again, no space for new ones. Same with Lobi from the boxes. I primarily use it for ships too. :D

And, before anyone says "just get rid of some", keep in mind that nearly all of my slots contain lock box, event, Lobi and Fleet ships, none of which can be reclaimed.
    f86cqFw.png
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Because they did this before with the 3-pack ships at T5.

It's actually pretty clever; the high-value ships are still locked behind a time-gate (T6 Holding or Shipyard or whatever), while the relatively low-value ships are available at straight cost.

In a sense, it's also for the convenience of the free player (reliant almost exclusively on EC). They will still be able to access the T6 Intels when they come out (Fleet Credits and Exchange Fleet Modules). However, they will not be able to access these particular T6 Command ships as there will be no Fleet version (they have to pony up the Dil->Zen or just straight up charge).

With that said, it's pretty likely they will continue to pad out regular single ships or single-ship Faction Bundles (ie: Science Bundle with 1 Fed/1 KDF/1 Rom Science ship; same stats and Trait, different visual) in the 10 Console range and add them to the T6 Fleet level.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    On this issue this is my 2 cents lol. First off there shouldn't be any factions they should just wipe that TRIBBLE out of the game so anyone any time can group with each other. When they want to add a race to the *alliance* they could do it without the this and that gets this and stuff.

Problem they have is IMO over time the way the game has evolved and people want different things and not gates that separate and make divides between the player base especially when pvp isn't really any type of factor anymore. So as my suggestion they should classify characters as a classification system for example if I wanna play KDF but I also want to play fed side that I could do both I would just have to select it like traits work. One of the major problems if the only one that needs to be addressed besides bops/raiders/science ships for all factions is the way KDF has very very limited c-store/console or console set gear where as thats how they rolled out romulans and they dropped a few droplets over the federation like the galaxy set. What they need to do is when they come out with a ship it doesn't have to be KDF or romulan every single time but it could just be an item that does something different like say a console or space weapon for example when putting it on a non-federation ship it wouldn't do the same thing but at least if you have a fed character but play mostly klingon or romulan characters it still benefits you to buy it.

It happens but for some odd reason they need to have like a little red shirt fairy whispering in the ears of companies that are cutting off their own air supply. So the little red shirt fairy says your pvp system can be rebuilt and money can be made off it and your overlords will be so pleased to see so much more money rolling in. Then it would please them more if like say most of the 16-18% KDF and whatever romulan majority over all is buying the new content because they all benefit from buying it. Although fairy's do not exist so we run into these problems where ppl get mad and won't buy stuff.
  • Options
    kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In the end 1 person not buying them out of the 100k players that do buy them wont phase em at all. and crying about it wont change that. i am going to buy 3 of the ships cause i support the games i play. remember without money to run the servers you wouldnt have a game to play.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm going to have to agree with the OP here. These ships are nice, but it's just not worth it. Everything in the zen store is ridiculously priced for how little most of it does. Most of it really isn't even worth half of the current rate. Ship wise, I can't justify spending $30 on a ship that will probably be nerfed or replaced with the new carrot on a stick next month, and again the month after that, et cetera. Considering how all the money isn't even going to fix the issues plaguing this game, or even towards quality, i can't really say i'll be spending any more money on cryptic for a long time.

It's a shame too, because there was some enjoyable stuff in the Delta story, but the rest of the issues just really seemed to detract from that.

No more money for Cryptic until they raise the quality and stability of this game. Bug fixes, fixing broken systems, balancing, updating... Hell, just finishing things that were put out halfassed or incomplete. There is just way too many things wrong with the game for you to just keep tossing in more things that are broken or break other areas.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Don't worry you'll get to pay 500 more zen for a Fleet Guardian with an extra console slot. :cool:

Exactly,

I get a 500 Zen fine for buying my Tier 6 ship when it came out.

Thanks Cryptic.. you guys really suck.
  • Options
    nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    I'm afraid I'm with you. My RR character doesn't get enough playtime for me to invest in a RR ship (command or otherwise), I'm quite content with my three T5U FED ships, and whilst I had wanted a new KDF ship, the three new ones on offer make me want to throw up. If that wasn't enough, I don't enjoy the game at the moment, probably need a break. After the Dilithium event I think!

3000zen for what is essentially a ship trait just isn't worth it.

well, hope you have enjoyed melting the neuro processors and marks during the DIL event, maybe that cheer you up :) .... oh ... wait ... nm ... :o
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You do realize the game is funded by purchases, yet you claim you like playing STO.

But your not willing to show through actions your support.

Your post causes more hurt than anything.

Not a good thing to encourage others follow your lead and not make purchases.

If your a free to player only, do you really think the advertisement for a purchasable product is solely directed towards you.

People needed to stop complaining that it takes longer to get something for free.

What ever happen to a honest wage for a honest day's work.

First of all I didn't encourage anyone but was merely voicing my dissatisfaction in what is just a winter of discontent.

Second I'd love to support the game financially. I was really close to buying an lts and the dr pack. I didn't do it because I don't feel like I get appropriate value in return. As a free player its ok not to expect everything right away but as a paying player I want to play during the little time I have and not be discouraged constantly by having to go through endless grind. Thank you.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    With all of these nerfs on top of other nerfs, that nerfed other nerfs, Cryptic has officially nerfed my will to play. Sorry. I don't care how shiny these new ships are. I'm not spending another dollar on STO.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    s2racings2racing Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd love to buy them but the cons outweigh the pros.

Pros
    • All Hands on Deck
    • Fed ships look good, I can almost kitbash a 2410 Excelsior
    • Rom ships look awesome
    • I have the zen saved
    Cons
    • The KDF ships look like garbage
    • We don't need more cruisers ATM, especially on the KDF side
    • They could've at least brought back the Dyson-seat gimmick
    • 8 turn rate
    • The other two traits are meh.
    • 12k zen is a pretty big chunk of money, especially with no other perks.
    • What am I going to do with the new ships? Grind Argala 1000 times? Collect Omega particles? Queues are dead, I'm pretty much out of ship slots, can't even muster up the motivation to finish grinding masteries of the DR pack ships
    Free jkname!
    Can we get some more (canon) KDF outfits, an assortment of respectable skirts/dresses, a long jacket (and more clothes in general) that does plain white well, melee weapon and Mk 15 drops, a T6 Nova, and account-wide lockbox/lobi/promo ships & consoles? Oh, and...
    Still waitin' on Klingon hairstyles actually worn on TV by a Klingon while we're at it.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Having Command ships start off with 11 Consoles (if it's true) is total BS! Cuz that would mean they got 12 on Fleet Upgrade. My T6 Phantom had to start with 10; either give me an extra Console for my Phantom then (for free), or just have Command ship start with 10 Consoles too.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Having Command ships start off with 11 Consoles (if it's true) is total BS! Cuz that would mean they got 12 on Fleet Upgrade.

Sorry, are there any information when, if or how T6 fleetships are going to be released?

It should also be noted that some ships don’t follow the regular fleet version policy like the Odyssey or never get a fleet version at all like the Scimitar or Vesta. ;)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I wish I could buy a ship, give it a funny name, then give it colors like a giant cow. Developers... lots of glitches but you are working on them with limited time. Great work!

To the ones with the nerf bat... steady income vs instant dollars... Talk to the Deferi not the Ferengi.
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Having Command ships start off with 11 Consoles (if it's true) is total BS! Cuz that would mean they got 12 on Fleet Upgrade. My T6 Phantom had to start with 10; either give me an extra Console for my Phantom then (for free), or just have Command ship start with 10 Consoles too.

all 3 pack ships are already fleet level like the vesta, odyssey, dyson destroyers, bortasqu, and scimitar.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    all 3 pack ships are already fleet level like the vesta, odyssey, dyson destroyers, bortasqu, and scimitar.

Good. :) Cuz otherwise things would have really gotten out of hand. Thanks for clearing this up.
    3lsZz0w.jpg