test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The STO Amusing Moments Picture Thread

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    guljarol wrote: »
    It's Shattered Harmonics sword from Nukara reputation set. It absorbs plasma (or somethin'), and then does that :D

:cool: Something to look forward to when I finally finish Nukara. :) TNX.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think the sword is available at T2. Or 3.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mine doesn't do that lightsaber thing. Mine simply starts glowing.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • datfmiragedatfmirage Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    massflyer wrote: »
    Back before the new odyssey uniforms I experienced a bug that left all of my female BOFFs without the uniform pant's. Not sure what happened. I changed their outfits at the tailor, then tried to reproduce it. But when I did it removed their hair as well.
    I've experienced something like that as well, a while back. Started a new Romulan, and ended up with a tail. :confused:
    juoZuro.jpg
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    djxprime wrote: »
    I was partying on Risa when I noticed this individual passed out on the dance floor. Zero HP and Zero shield. I guess someone partied too hard.

"Sorry for party rocking!"

Risian_Blackout.jpg

Yeah I keep seeing this on Risa, many differently named toons, names are like alphabet soup to be honest, but they all look like this, and all are from the same fleet. TBH I suspect they are dancing bots there to gather favors for someone to sell on the exchange. They get like you pictured them when someone drops a bomb (not sure what the ability actially is, I do not have it) on the dance floor. Most legit players have enough HP to survive, the rest of the legit players die, and hit respawn, but these bots just lay there for hours until someone checks on them and respawns them.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    edited June 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Mine doesn't do that lightsaber thing. Mine simply starts glowing.

Probably my graphic settings. They're quite low, so glowing looks this insane LOL
    This is not that funny, but I feel the need to test posting a cap on our new digs.

STO-BirdsEyeView-001.jpg

Polly want a -

:: swats bird out of the air before any thing sexist is said ::
    Ouch! THAT has to hurt!

screenshot_2015-06-16-22-41-43_zpszza3ezka.jpg
    edited June 2015
    massflyer wrote: »
    Back before the new odyssey uniforms I experienced a bug that left all of my female BOFFs without the uniform pant's. Not sure what happened. I changed their outfits at the tailor, then tried to reproduce it. But when I did it removed their hair as well.

Before fixing
    tara1_zpsxbhpa0jj.png

Reproduced after fixing
    Alphie1_zpse8lci0hg.png|Dasher1_zps3mwmnjhf.png|Yeana1_zpsv5j2yyfm.png

Britney Spears must have TRIBBLE into the STO servers? :o

Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on
    This IS The Amusing Moments Picture Thread!
    ^ Yay! ;)

/4char more
    Star Trek: Voyeur
    STO-IconianInvasion-004.jpg

Yes. I should be ashamed of that terrible pun, but it's been calling to me for months.

• fringecutleryfringecutlery Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    bSoWXHp.jpg
    Disco ball(s) at Risa.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User

There's also another version, non-set piece, that does the same 'absorb energy' and glow available from the Lobi store
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,453 Community Moderator

There's also another version, non-set piece, that does the same 'absorb energy' and glow available from the Lobi store

Yes. The only real difference on the Lobi store one besides the fact that it isn't part of a set, is that it can't do the charged shot you can do with the rep sword.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    I have a question: Is it call the Lobi store because the Ferengi have big Lobi?
    Captain Nog, your pilot... sux!

screenshot_2015-06-21-15-46-43_zpsdxtoxbiw.jpg
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They're already programming a replacement. :P

Edit: Rattler, the Lobi sword also acts as a Nanopulse Bat'leth/Lirpa in that certain moves can cause it to deflect incoming weapons fire. I think that was added when the Nukara swords showed up.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    bSoWXHp.jpg
    Disco ball(s) at Risa.

Looks like JJ Abrams directed that scene. ;)
  • SeschatSeschat Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    So I finally got the full Borg set for my T6 Deep Space Science Vessel, and was amused by the chemtrail it leaves behind. Then during a Conduit STO, I noticed my Aerofighter was doing the same thing, and afterwards, tried to get a shot of the little guy.
    BorgedAerofighter.jpg
    Man, I didn't realize the game would try to bolt all the Borg equipment onto the poor little thing.
    --
    I'm ME again, having been revanantmorituri during the era between forumpocalypses.
    BatRon 11 ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ Millennium Triumphant ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ Emerald Armada
    Champions Online closed Beta tester. Star Trek Online closed Beta tester.
    Beyond cool...

I wonder if it's just the Aeroshuttle or if all detached pets have been 'fixed' to do that now - remind me to check my Vulcan's D'Kyr when the game comes back up to see if the Tal'kyr pet is using the same visual effects as the 'mothership' or not...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    My Odyssey's Aquarius has the full Borg set too, as does the saucer when you deploy it.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Yeah, but is it just the Assimilated Borg set or are other sets also doing it, that's what I'm wanting to know...
    Aegis also works, and both MACO and KHG also work.

As for non-Omega, I have no idea. Across all 6 of my characters, the Omega Reputation sets are the only gear I use, and most likely ever will use.
    Must not be every ship, because my D'Kyr's Tal'kyr is still reverting to the standard appearance and ion trails once launched, despite the D'Kyr being equipped with an Aegis set...
    edited June 2015
    This Andorian Captain mat have had a bit too much to drink the night before.
    STO-PartyedHard-001.jpg
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.jpg?_subject_uid=2143481&w=AACU5tsB1gJ1fnhj0Za-686XHEkzce39xIQXNjCwU-YGLw
    Something strange happened here. A picture went bye-bye.

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    This Andorian Captain mat have had a bit too much to drink the night before.
    STO-PartyedHard-001.jpg

Gotta agree that is what it looks like.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    And sounds like. Mat instead of may. Seriously, what a drunkard. Someone should take away his commission. :/:*
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Seschat wrote: »
    So I finally got the full Borg set for my T6 Deep Space Science Vessel, and was amused by the chemtrail it leaves behind. Then during a Conduit STO, I noticed my Aerofighter was doing the same thing, and afterwards, tried to get a shot of the little guy.
    BorgedAerofighter.jpg
    Man, I didn't realize the game would try to bolt all the Borg equipment onto the poor little thing.
    You mean Long Range Science Vessel. The DSSV doesn't have an Aeroshuttle. [/nitpick]
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.