Options

Dilithium Weekend Event (2/5 - 2/12)

Comments

• Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hypl wrote: »

How the **** did this going from dilithium fiasco to Star Wars? :confused:

I think that's an improvement considering the tone of most of the posts.

EDIT: I just had an interesting idea...what would happen if the rewards were increased for the Rep Turn In to like 750 or 1000 dilithium...would that make everyone happy?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I think they somehow hope PvE queues will become more active so their dismal post DR metrics rise.

My advice to everyone, just go to the Dyson ground BZ and shoot dinosaurs with freaking lazers on their heads since that's what this change is pushing everyone towards.

My advice to everyone is finding something more enjoyable to play which is what they are pushing everyone towards
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I need to step in here and say a couple of things.

There have been some very aggressive posts leveled towards the community team as well as the development team. I need to urge all of you that while there may be changes that you do not agree with, there is a right way to express your thoughts and frustrations and a wrong way.

In this case, please realize that the changed info for the event did not filter down until after the blog was posted and the event began. The Executive Producer has now made a statement and is also extending the event to be a week long instead of just the weekend.

If you did not see the Executive Producer's response, please read:

You know you are right but there is a problem you don't listen anyway so whats the point. Most people USED to enjoy this game and I used to the extreme I started when the game went FTP and loved it I paid ZEN monthly and even was toying with becoming a gold member then Lag of Romulus started and my dissatisfaction on the half faction and many other things made me decide to stop paying Zen into ti game. I continued to play even after season 9 and the debacle of season 9.5 and on dil weekends in the past I stayed on the game constantly and played every queue because it was a good way of using dil that had no other use for me as i was not crafting stuff at ths time.

Now this event is pointless even as a week event there is little to no point the game is horribly bugged the holiday events are now becoming more of a grindfest so you can unlock vendor items that can only be used at certain locations. The anniersary event which should be a vote of appreciation is o bugged for a week that fed characters found in unplayable due to lag and bajor not having th omega particles in the space zone.

IMHO this game is not enjoyable any more I get more enjoyment and reward playing a game that doesnt give me anything it doesnt push me to grind for a shiny it doesnt give me bugged content yet I find it more entertaining than anything Cryptic has done in a few years. I am really sorry that I praised this game to friends and family when I first started because they have now decided to go elsewhere or if they are still playing like me they are playing less and less.

I hope that the metrics will return to bite you when you realise people have began to not only boycot this event or play elsewhere. I really hope you start listening to comments that not only me but the rest of the community have said because if you don't you will lose customer and 1 dissatisfied customer will tell 10 people how dissatisfied while a happy customer (If there is any left with you) will only tell a couple. I have to agree I have told more people how TRIBBLE you are and stopped them from trying the game than when I was promoting your game.

I won't be playing much this weekend or this week on game as quite frankly I would rather work at leats I get paid for that in game I get next to nothing for the same amount of time.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    csbastiancsbastian Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    razar2380 wrote: »
    Originally Posted by pweadamanteus View Post
    I need to step in here and say a couple of things.

There have been some very aggressive posts leveled towards the community team as well as the development team. I need to urge all of you that while there may be changes that you do not agree with, there is a right way to express your thoughts and frustrations and a wrong way

Really, I mean REALLY? not only are you telling us how we should play but your actually in writing telling us how we should express ourselves....... OMG, you people are just to much..... fix your game and people will play... its that simple.
  • Options
    hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hfmudd wrote: »
    I do realize that. That is part of the problem.
    IMO, we should have been informed of this in advance. Preferably well in advance.
    You need to work on your communication, sir(s).

To be fair, given that D'Angelo was in charge when this change was approved means that they weren't allowed to say anything in advance. D'Angelo only turned the reigns over to Salami a couple of days ago. Salami is left cleaning up the mess right now, unfortunately. I'm willing to give him some time and room to try to change things.
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
  • Options
    thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    WTF?! I thought I couldn't get any more disappointed given the latest gameplay experience. I was wrong! Such failure! Come on, nerf the Battle Zone already while you are at it. We are still making too much Dilithium! Just wondering why it shows 0 Dilithium on all of my 17 characters... Wait, I know, because it was designed that way.

/shakehead

No reason to even patch the game for this.
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Neither your post nor that of the Executive Producer makes this situation any better.

True , but OTOTH Ryan , you got your answer to your sig .

THIS is how they stop players from doing "this" .
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    To be fair, given that D'Angelo was in charge when this change was approved means that they weren't allowed to say anything in advance. D'Angelo only turned the reigns over to Salami a couple of days ago. Salami is left cleaning up the mess right now, unfortunately. I'm willing to give him some time and room to try to change things.

Change from a players POV is turning things back .

And that's not what Salami has done , so in essence he's doing D'angelo's work .
    This was D'angelo's final "exit" move .
    His final F-U to the players .

Yes , they can do the "we're gonna up the awards across the game" song and dance all day long .
    It matters zero at this point .

All Salami's post could have read was :
    "We're extending the dil weekend , the Dino-zone awaits . Go make the metrics happy ."

... gee , thanks ...
  • Options
    picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "Everywhere else"...EXCEPT reward packages and reputation tier 5 rewards :mad:
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We will be running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus Dilithium Ore by playing content throughout the game! The Dilithium Ore event runs from 10 AM PST Thursday, February 5th until 10AM PST Thursday, February 12th, 2015 at 10AM PST!

Learn more here!

~LaughingTrendy

hey trendy you might want to fix the blog, it says Monday Feb 12th not Thursday Feb. 12th
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can understand rep rewards change myself where just doing T5 upgrade gets you the dil if any of them actually gave the 50k mentioned. I realy don't like it even more so given the reward from Omega is so poor. However there are two that require a mission and one of them is kind of long, Rommy T5, and Dyson, I know, is stretching it mission wise. It is the dil weekend that gives me the motivation to go and do the Rommy mission. This means I am playing cintent during the event. In the same way the marks weekend gives me the motivation to go to Deferi and Nakura.

The fact that marks and item conversions shoot up during the weekend should say more about the conversion process itself rather than saying that they are less valued. I would say, myself, that it shows that it is a tedious thing to do, and as with me and the Rommy mission it is the weekend that gives people the motivation to do it.

They knew this was going to happen for a long time, we should have gotten more communicdation on it. However Cryptic has never been known for its' communication skills, baring a coulpe of people, Taco being one they could learn from. D'Angelo was worse as he posted everywhere but the forums if he could help it.

I do agree with hitonozanshi if is more than likely this is D'Angelo and not Salami as this is so close to the change over. Salimi is appologising for someone elses mess, and let's face it he did it quickly which was refreshing. The reason it reads as an excuse, too, I would say is because it is difficult to genuinely appologise for something that you are not responsible for. You can really only genuinely appologise for your own mess ups. In the same way if others complained abut my behaviou as a kid, if she thought they had a genuine complaint, she didn't appologise I had to. On the upside it does give me hope that communication is going to imporove.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Go fornicate yourselves, Cryptic.

With toxic players like this* , Cryptic clearly needs a new playerbase ... . ;)

iconians wrote: »
    I am a person who plans ahead. I legitimately feel like I am being punished for being smart and planning ahead.

Are you sure that that is what you're being punished for ?
    I mean ... , I can understand that it's more fun to pat yourself on the head and applaud your own intellect instead of telling yourself that you were an idiot to take anything that comes out of this company at face value .

* seriously dude , not even I went there ... , ever .
    And Cryptic has done worse by me by far then this "latest episode" in a long string of episodes in the last 2 years .

... let's just say that not having cups in the kitchen clearly taught Cryptic nothing about being in need or generosity ...
  • Options
    mouertemouerte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I know it's no point even posting...they don't give a TRIBBLE.
    First they encourage me to horde marks with how all the
    past events was run.
    Then you get slap in the face kick in the nuts a big ha ha ha
    we fold you now go play how "WE" want you too
    bow to the metrics GOD.

Well I say frak the metrics and this BS move.

Sad and angry LTS and from now on "former" zen buying Player :( :mad:
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    doyouw wrote: »
    and not even mentioning we had like 10000% less bugs and PVP was fun, yes we use to have PVP in game with balanced factions I'm note joking ! ;)

Yeah, then they decided that Rep system made game unbalanced vs. new players if they added more reps to grind, so we can only use 4 sets of powers for ground and space.

Actually a good move for balance, even if I was not a fan of it at the time.

But how in heavens name can the new specialization system and ships talents ever help get balance vs. new players. :P

Nah, game is only grind, grind, grind now with a bit of you have to buy costly T6 ships with zen to get your ships talent. Sigh! :rolleyes:

Well, once this anniversary is over, and I have that T6 ship, I might take another looong brake from this "grind until you bleed" game. I just don't have what it takes to upgrade 13 alts with the new improved and mandatory crafting and upgrading system.... :(
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Without realising I stopped playing the metrics some time ago I don't recall when.

Maybe I should make a sig promoting "Not supporting the metrics since xxxx". I'm sure I can figure out when I stopped playing Cryptic's way and then maybe we'll have rival sigs :P. This image of an extended middle finger and 2 word colourful phrase spring to mind now when I think of Cryptic. No need to say it but I think many can guess. Once I'm done with my contraband and mining claims it's log off time for another 4 hours.
  • Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    meanwhile at cryptic studio:
    - how can we make the players to hate us even more?
    - i don't know.
    - i do! lets make them to farm even harder for the dilithium, now that they need it for upgrade system, r&d system, ships, services. fleet projects...
    - told you that you watch too much star trek ds9. Quark is not really a role model you know?

Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus.
    This also includes the large reward of 50,000 Dilithium a player earns when completing a reputation.
    greed is good! by Quark
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • Options
    atroxvincentiusatroxvincentius Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So basically what you're saying by not having a bonus for dilithium turn-in for the reputation system is don't ever play any of PVE queues ever again, right? If the queues weren't seeing low numbers before, they will be nearly empty now, congratulations geniuses. Many of us save up marks to turn them into dilithium because perhaps we have real lives and can't spend 12 hours a day grinding. The R/D system was a massively huge dilithium sink, you know that, I know that, everyone knows that. To reduce the dilithium income players count on to make up some of the cap you've created a stupidly moronic idea dreamed up by greed. Do you really think players are going to buy zen to convert it to dilithium to make up for the dilithium need to upgrade items? I'm a life member, and I've bought zen in the past I don't think I will again with this "TRIBBLE you" attitude and moves like this, and that's exactly what you're said. Perhaps it wasn't meant that way, but it's certainly being received that way, fix it and fix it now, apologize to the players and make up for it by scheduling a dilithium event next month with the bonus to the reputation restored. This isn't funny and worst of all you're tearing the fun out of the game.:mad:

And also, allow us to turn in more than 50 marks at a time, 500 at a time would make sense.
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    My answer to your post was not directed towards you as you had said those things. Read STO facebook, twitter feed, Reddit sto and you will find those examples I listed.

pweadamanteus on post #191 stated this:

There is a right way to express your frustration, and a wrong way.

If I was an investor I would be pissed and calling for new management. It's not the fault of the devs, it's the fault of the decision makers. We've just seen one change in management but is it enough and is it too late?

There have been some seriously incompetent decisions over the past few months. How about that recent decision to nerf the most popular PvE queues at a time when queues were suffering from low population?

I'm not sure the suits in charge understand that the asian-style "free to play" grindfest MMO model where you're nickle-and-dimed to death is not popular here. PW already posted a Q3 drop in profits due to it's American operations (which includes games like STO and Neverwinter). Neverwinter is not doing well here, STO is not doing well here anymore and they're gonna have to wake up and realize that that business model does not work here. There are reports they will be concentrating on asian markets because apparently that business model is popular over there.

People have a right to be pissed and the devs better have their resumes updated and ready to go because management is sinking their ship.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    livestreams (where their ineptitude in how to play this game is actually uncomfortable to watch

I have to say, this is the reason I stopped watching the live streams. I couldn't take it any more after a specific incident where *nameless* didn't know the difference between 'optional' and 'mandatory' objectives in the new ISA, it just made me want to punch the screen when they got confused as to why people were leaving before it was finished (they had failed) and then got excited about a 10 mark reward...
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There is a right and a wrong way in this situation.

You did it wrong!

Your response to the stealth nerf of the blog entry came very late. Expanding the "event" is a nice try for compensation but also the wrong way.

The right way:

Take response for this error and communicate before a (stealth) nerf is incoming. After this debacle yesterday the right way is to grand bonus on trading marks etc. for this event a last time. So your customers can trade all there marks for dilithium with bonus and know, that this bonus isn't granted for the next events.

I don't think its the right decision to nerf the bonus on trading marks respectively force your players to play the game you want us to play.

I also think you overrating your metrics. Your metrics only tell you what we play in your game and what mechanics we are using, but not tell you why we play this mission ore use that mechanic. If you want to know that you have to talk with us and ask us.

Dont hide behind your metrics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maybe that's the master plan behind this grind fest insanity, prove players like the game enough to grind their brains out so they can seduce a new publisher on no real criteria or value whatsoever? Stranger things have happened in entertainment industry...

I've been calling this for ages since they began turning the screws

Personally I think we are lab rats in effect, stos existance primarily for testing and rnd, to see how far western gamers can be pushed, the fact its a big IP offering plenty of test data and of course ample opportunity to bleed them dry - if they tried this with a generic mmo, it'd fail spectaculary before enough data was produced
  • Options
    mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Am I not merciful?

-Cryptic
  • Options
    richard45750richard45750 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I came to this game because it was Star Trek. It is the first mmo I ever played and quite honestly the only online game I have ever played. I enjoyed the game tremendously and made some good friends. There are things I enjoy about this game. I like leveling toons and a bunch of other stuff.
    But quite honestly, to take this away has really pissed me off. I was a loyal sto player. My friends told me to play some other games and I always said to them that sto was the only game I really wanted to play. The amounts of money I have spent on this game is way up there. I am also a lifetime subscriber. I would say I have spent upwards of 700 dollars. More than I have ever spent for something like this. And just recently I spent another 90 dollars for zen. So let's say 800 bucks. I justified spending this money because this game was something I enjoyed doing.
    But no more. Because of your actions with this dil event, I will finish leveling my main toon to level 60 and then I will quit playing for good. Even if you restarted the dill event the right way I am not coming back. I will level my toon to level 60 only so that I can have a sense of completing the game. I will always remember this game fondly because it was enjoyable but at the same time I will always remember the way you screwed up the game.
    you take and take away from your players. You give nothing back in return for loyalty. Who cares that you are extending the event for a week. Not me. You have bugs that have been in the game since it was launched. You have rubber banding going on all over the place. Lag, disconnects, bugs, greed and more. Don't you think it's about time to listen to the people playing your game instead of doing what the hell ever you want to?
    I am sorry, I hope you turn things around for your players. But as for me and my money, it's too late.
  • Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I came to this game because it was Star Trek. It is the first mmo I ever played and quite honestly the only online game I have ever played. I enjoyed the game tremendously and made some good friends. There are things I enjoy about this game. I like leveling toons and a bunch of other stuff.
    But quite honestly, to take this away has really pissed me off. I was a loyal sto player. My friends told me to play some other games and I always said to them that sto was the only game I really wanted to play. The amounts of money I have spent on this game is way up there. I am also a lifetime subscriber. I would say I have spent upwards of 700 dollars. More than I have ever spent for something like this. And just recently I spent another 90 dollars for zen. So let's say 800 bucks. I justified spending this money because this game was something I enjoyed doing.
    But no more. Because of your actions with this dil event, I will finish leveling my main toon to level 60 and then I will quit playing for good. Even if you restarted the dill event the right way I am not coming back. I will level my toon to level 60 only so that I can have a sense of completing the game. I will always remember this game fondly because it was enjoyable but at the same time I will always remember the way you screwed up the game.
    you take and take away from your players. You give nothing back in return for loyalty. Who cares that you are extending the event for a week. Not me. You have bugs that have been in the game since it was launched. You have rubber banding going on all over the place. Lag, disconnects, bugs, greed and more. Don't you think it's about time to listen to the people playing your game instead of doing what the hell ever you want to?
    I am sorry, I hope you turn things around for your players. But as for me and my money, it's too late.

i feel you man! the only reason i stood with sto is cuz i really love star trek. but this is not enough to play a mmo... i started as a big noob who was lost in space and had no idea how to play this game and i finished up to get in league of dps (not that high, but in 30k) and to achive my personal achivements... while i didnt spent 800 bucks, i bought a some zen for like 200$. im not sorry for them cuz i have like 60 days online on my toon and it was fun...at least until DR launched.
    this is my final drop too. im going to focus my gaming time somewhere else where im welcomed !
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    C'mon people, lighten up please! I'm never been known to be a Cryptic apologist, but Mr. Ricossa has made a concession here, and deserves some credit for that. If you really want things to change, then show some appreciation where it is due, and put away the torches & pitchforks for this week, at least... :rolleyes:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This game is stuck.

Star Wars Galaxies Emulator had some success, maybe we can start with a Pre-S5 STO Emulator. Anybody?
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
  • Options
    hanoverfist1970hanoverfist1970 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A little warning of this decision would have been nice.

Maybe you could have let us cash the marks in this time around with a warning that the future would be different. Instead of the less than stellar surprise.

Instead I am stuck with multiple thousands of marks for each tree, It will take me several nights of just converting them 50 at a time for minimal dil. No bonus for my dil and no reason to hit a single que again.

And this is your way of getting more dil in the game to help out me the player?

Thanks a pant load.