What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Weekend Event (2/5 - 2/12)

Comments

• Options
    sammiefightersammiefighter Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I need to step in here and say a couple of things.

There have been some very aggressive posts leveled towards the community team as well as the development team. I need to urge all of you that while there may be changes that you do not agree with, there is a right way to express your thoughts and frustrations and a wrong way.

Standard thanks for the reply, while I'm sure some poeple went overboard (yeh I'm not reading the entire thread to find that) consider this

- Dilithium weekend is a physical product.
    - Your post and description would now be considered false advertising
    - You'd have a line of angry customers at the return line in your store demanding refunds
    - And a few people "acting out" with a nusance lawsuit / rock through the window / boycotts threats
    - "We dun goofed up" only goes so far, you do this enough you get a real law suit, and the goverment up your **** determining if your are intentionally missleading your customer.

This thread is your line of angry customers looking for a return, angry posts a rock through the window.

So *pointing to your room" go sit take your lumps and think about what you've done. Figure out how to fix your internal communication problem, and the external one. Customers due expect accuracy in their advertised product.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If I was an investor I would be pissed and calling for new management. It's not the fault of the devs, it's the fault of the decision makers. We've just seen one change in management but is it enough and is it too late?

There have been some seriously incompetent decisions over the past few months. How about that recent decision to nerf the most popular PvE queues at a time when queues were suffering from low population?

I'm not sure the suits in charge understand that the asian-style "free to play" grindfest MMO model where you're nickle-and-dimed to death is not popular here. PW already posted a Q3 drop in profits due to it's American operations (which includes games like STO and Neverwinter). Neverwinter is not doing well here, STO is not doing well here anymore and they're gonna have to wake up and realize that that business model does not work here. There are reports they will be concentrating on asian markets because apparently that business model is popular over there.

People have a right to be pissed and the devs better have their resumes updated and ready to go because management is sinking their ship.

Please, investors don't care about our personal game play, they want to see a return on their investment. We are dollar signs to them. If their American units saw a drop in profits the investors are not going to tell the company to ease up the changes in the game, they are going to push to increase revenue.

We are players in this game, the soon you stop grasping at straws and understand there are things in this world you cannot change, you will enjoy the game as it is.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    sfcpoeticsfcpoetic Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Leave it to Craptic to TRIBBLE us on Dilith Event by only giving us bonus diltith for doing missions taking away our grinding marks and other stuff to save for this event.

Ever since PWE took over STO has just gotten worse, you guys here us complain about the grinding and yet you keep taking stuff away and making us grind even harder.

I don't foresee STO lasting much longer they already lost ppl in pvp pve is next to fall.:mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This also includes the large reward of 50,000 Dilithium a player earns when completing a reputation.
    And just for the record, I went ahead and finished off one of my T5 reputations today just to see if PWE increased the dilithium reward to 50,000 as advertised. As expected, I only received 32,000. WHY?
  • Options
    soidutssoiduts Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Fleet marks nerf last week with No Win Scenario being removed from the game and the lowering in all the other PVE's.

Dilithium nerf this week with the Reputation marks turn-in.

XP nerf at the end of the month with daily patrols in Argala as its getting a dilithium reward and therefore a timer.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    C'mon people, lighten up please! I'm never been known to be a Cryptic apologist, but Mr. Ricossa has made a concession here, and deserves some credit for that. If you really want things to change, then show some appreciation where it is due, and put away the torches & pitchforks for this week, at least... :rolleyes:

That will happen when they show us appreciation first by informing us of stealth nerfs before they happen or even better restoring it back to what it was.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    Please, investors don't care about our personal game play, they want to see a return on their investment. We are dollar signs to them. If their American units saw a drop in profits the investors are not going to tell the company to ease up the changes in the game, they are going to push to increase revenue.

We are players in this game, the soon you stop grasping at straws and understand there are things in this world you cannot change, you will enjoy the game as it is.

There enjoyment to be found in this game???? Once there was but no more
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have zero sympathy for Cryptic/PWE. This is straight up bait & switch. Even without a t5 bonus, turning in extra marks or BNP/ACP/VCI's should have a 50% bonus. PERIOD. Heck, claiming my old crafting materials should have also had a 50% bonus...but that would have been a wet dream.

No amount of extending the event or other consolation prizes will account for the fact that with 5,000 marks and and already having T5 rep, I can't get any bonus on turning those in on this weekend. That's a load of bull. Marks from PVE events. Marks from special events. Marks from daily events. Marks from battlezones. Doesn't matter. That's 25,000 of dilithium I'm not getting. THREE. FREAKING. DAYS. (5,000/50 * 500 = 50,000 * 1.5 = 75,000 - 50,000 = 25,000).

So basically Cryptic's message is that no matter how long it took me to amass 5,000 marks--they aren't going to play fair and allow me to get a 50% dilithium bonus on turning in these extras. And that's a measley 25,000 dilithium. Un-Freaking-Believeable.
  • Options
    painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And it wouldn't kill them to to make it so you can turn in more at a time. Heck, make it an event-only project with a 50% dilithium bonus, and you have to turn in 1,000 at a time. I'd be fine with that.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And it wouldn't kill them to to make it so you can turn in more at a time. Heck, make it an event-only project with a 50% dilithium bonus, and you have to turn in 1,000 at a time. I'd be fine with that.

even without the 50%.. if I could just cash in my increments of 50 on a slider bar (say 200 at a times) for the appropriate rewards it would HALF make up for this robbery....
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cidjack wrote: »

Not bloody likely. :mad:

I have been through a number of MMO, but the grind STO been made into is so bad that once I fully understood how bad it really is I can not enjoy it in the long run. :(

And that does not even take in to consideration all the bugs that have not been fixed, and that would never been considered acceptable in a proper product. :rolleyes:

So I will endure it for the the rest of the anniversary after which I will leave for some other MMO that treat their players a bit better.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I understand that people are frustrated here but extending the event to a week is not an insignificant gesture on the dev teams behalf.

I have thousands of marks too and feel they need to really improve the mark to dilithium conversion process. I'm somewhat confused why they feel that allowing the bonus dil to be earned by converting marks is "a bad thing" and had to remove it yet bonus dil in other areas is fine and extending it a week isn't going to upset the balance either.

Let's try to give the new EP a little slack here, acknowledge that an effort was made and carefully watch how things progress. I get Cryptic has to make money and it's extremely unfortunate their cashflow is dependent on adding time gates, excessive grind and other highly annoying aspects to the game.
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Let's try to give the new EP a little slack here, acknowledge that an effort was made and carefully watch how things progress. I get Cryptic has to make money and it's extremely unfortunate their cashflow is dependent on adding time gates, excessive grind and other highly annoying aspects to the game.

Why?

As far as money goes quite a few of us have payed up quite a bit, being lifers and bought both "expansions packs" as well as bought zen.

Hell, I paid less on those games I pay per month, and they have less bugs and treat players better. :P

Yes, I love Star Trek, which is obvious since I keep coming back, but you can only mistreat players so much before they just give up on you.

Lets face it, Cryptic has pretty much used up any confidence and hope we had in them by now. :(
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    johnniemesojohnniemeso Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wow this could be disastrous for the STF and PVE queues.

still they should have given us a warning about this or make this the last time so people can get their value's worth from their previous grinding

well, its back to killing dinosaurs
  • Options
    wcampbllwcampbll Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    if only they actually gave a **** and posted REAL comms on a timely basis to us. I will join the legions of folks who say there's nothing currently enjoyable in STO. I will finish most of the anniversary event and become one of those who will sign in on as new seasons are released in the hopes that some of the 'Chinese grind' has been mitigated-and at least 'some' fun injected back into game. cryptic your gonna miss my not inconsiderable $$ i was dumping into this pit every year.
  • Options
    holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Personally, I am enjoying being able to use my VIP Mining Claims a few extra days for extra dil. So thanks for the apology, the dil, and all the fish.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Personally, I am enjoying being able to use my VIP Mining Claims a few extra days for extra dil. So thanks for the apology, the dil, and all the fish.

I agree with this, I have no marks to turn in but a bunch of claims, I am going to make out like a bandt this week!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2015
    OMG

Dev's

We the player base have been nerfed so hard and bad the last few months.....I mean ............... I cant express myself in good taste so I wont

What you should have done is this

Dear players enjoy this dilithium event because next dilithium event we are removing this and that from the event
    so sell your marks now at the 750 bonus rate

Very few would have been upset especially if this was posted to players when they logged in

I mean come on are you tyrying to drive your players away ?

You complain about us the player base being toxic

LOOK at what you have been throwing at us your players !
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Or maybe the rest of us don't grind marks, and turn in any marks we earn using the hourly.

With the hourly that's available 365 days a year your 45-60 marks earn 1020 dil. Last time I checked, 1020 was more than 750.
  • Options
    gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »

You complain about us the player base being toxic

Do you have a link where the development team actually insulted the players? I for one would like to see this. If this is the actual case I just might be leaving and they will no longer get any monetary contributions which I have made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Or maybe the rest of us don't grind marks, and turn in any marks we earn using the hourly.

With the hourly that's available 365 days a year your 45-60 marks earn 1020 dil. Last time I checked, 1020 was more than 750.

previously it gave 1500 and 1500>1020
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It is not like the turning in of Marks and BNP, etc. was an unanticipated 'exploit' This is the News Post for the Dilitium Weekend Event dated 30 April 2014 (emphasis mine):

"We are now running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus Dilithium Ore by playing content throughout the game! This event runs from May 1st until Monday, May 5th, 2014 at 10AM PDT.

During the event, bonus Dilithium Ore will be provided for the following content:

Vlugta Asteroid Field:
    100% Bonus Dilithium Ore for Daily Mining Missions
    100% Bonus to all Rich Dilithium Claims
    Fleet Dilithium Mine:
    100% Bonus Dilithium Ore for Daily Mining Missions
    Everywhere else in the game: (including turning in Marks/Neural Processors/Cybernetic Implants, etc.) 50% Bonus Dilithium Ore

We hope you enjoy this special event and we’ll see you in-game!"

So current explanations are BS at best.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hmm, if Cryptic is worried that we earn too much Dilithium "the wrong way", then maybe this event should not be there at all. It could be converted into a "XX% off all Dilithium prices" event.

That would sound better, because "earning" something, or more of something than usual, just equals "grind this now". I don't mind grinding stuff, after all I am a gamer, the trick is NOT TO LET ME KNOW while playing that I am actually grinding.

In STO I am reminded of the grind on many windows, and during every event, spoiling all the fun (whatever "fun" is left in missions that ask you little more but to do combat... for whatever purpose. Want to craft? Need to do a combat grind! LOL²). Want to develop your character and get your hands on new stuff? Here, play this mission 20 times over the next month with all of your characters! Not online during the next month? Well, then buy Lobi and get the stuff in some store... or never! No, thanks! I am playing what I want to play and when I want to play, not what or when Cryptic is telling me to. Guess I am doing it "the wrong way" then, huh?

So I give a cold damn F about this event and everything the EP has to say about it, because they give a cold damn F about what I say, or how I play. Cryptic thinks I like this game and am ok with enduring all the bugs, misconceptions and game design failures, just because I log in once every day? They think I like the current STF incarnations because I play them often? That would be incredibly short-sighted, but I think it's more than possible.

This game fails to acknowledge me as a gamer. My style is incompatible. This game has nothing left to offer to me.

Tomorrow, we will celebarate our fourth fleet anniversary. We WERE happy to see Dilithium Weekend scheduled on that date.
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
  • Options
    tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Okay so, this is gonna chase alot of people away from the game obviously. Im gonna say,

50% of those are going to be chased away by the ACTUAL nerf.
    50% are going to be chased away by the obvious LACK of QUALITY coming from the buisness called Cryptic.

Poor American Management (?) nope, this is a product of why China has the best economy in the world right now. The Chinese are smarter, more disiplined, and better equipped socially to do this then an American. This is a Chinese Decision. It has to be.

Corporations lying to their customers bold face, to sell their product for more at less of a quality.

I imagine in 50 years when China finally gets its own TRIBBLE out of an industrial society into something more post-industrial, they will recognize their own mistakes, like America is doing right now.

In reality, the more i read and research, this is a BLANTENT F-U from cryptic to the player base. No idiot would time this during an ANNIVERSARY EVENT, and expect the player base to remain the same, unless they had some hostilities towards the player base.

Hey cryptic, why dont i just kill the servers for yah, and say, hey, with this system, you have in place the only way to actually "MAKE PROFITS PROFITABLY PROFITABLE" is COMMUNICATION!!!!!

There are a MILLION other "exploits" in this game you can nerf. This one is directly aimed at the LARGEST player base.

You should actually find a Q&A time, or make thread or designated AREA in the forums for people, locked during certain times of the week even, and when its open have your community managers, you know, manage it.

The bug report system is an obvious failure. You should re-do that. OR FOR CHRIST SAKE SELL THE STAR TREK LICENSE TO ANOTHER COMPANY AND LET THEM FIX A GAME PEOPLE ARE FULLY WANTING TO SPEND MONEY ON.

In the words of the COO of the WWE, This is NOT best for buisness!

Those TRIBBLE make a ton of money off TRIBBLE!!!! Seriously! How? They know how to ENTERTAIN people with QUALITY DRAMA and WRESTLING TRIBBLE..... even though its FAKE!

Star trek is STAR TREK, that NAME ITSELF has a VALUE. You SPIT on the STAR TREK FRANCHISE AND NAME, by continuing this abomination!

LISTEN TO THE STAR TREK FANS. YOU KNOW.... THE actual TREKKIES! COMMUNICATION IS KEY as well as DIVERSITY.

You need an AREA with rules specifically designed, 1 strike your out for a certain amount of time, like up to a month, where the EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS listen to the CUSTOMERS buying their PRODUCT.

Then again, alot of talk about a new Star Trek TV series, which would mean a NEW OPPORTUNITY to start from scratch with a new MMO series, based on the Star Trek Franchise, maybe you know, with an actual decent not bugged to TRIBBLE engine.

Wishful thinking.
  • Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tamujiin wrote: »
    Okay so, this is gonna chase alot of people away from the game obviously. Im gonna say,

50% of those are going to be chased away by the ACTUAL nerf.
    50% are going to be chased away by the obvious LACK of QUALITY coming from the buisness called Cryptic.

Poor American Management (?) nope, this is a product of why China has the best economy in the world right now. The Chinese are smarter, more disiplined, and better equipped socially to do this then an American. This is a Chinese Decision. It has to be.

Corporations lying to their customers bold face, to sell their product for more at less of a quality.

I imagine in 50 years when China finally gets its own TRIBBLE out of an industrial society into something more post-industrial, they will recognize their own mistakes, like America is doing right now.

In reality, the more i read and research, this is a BLANTENT F-U from cryptic to the player base. No idiot would time this during an ANNIVERSARY EVENT, and expect the player base to remain the same, unless they had some hostilities towards the player base.

Hey cryptic, why dont i just kill the servers for yah, and say, hey, with this system, you have in place the only way to actually "MAKE PROFITS PROFITABLY PROFITABLE" is COMMUNICATION!!!!!

There are a MILLION other "exploits" in this game you can nerf. This one is directly aimed at the LARGEST player base.

You should actually find a Q&A time, or make thread or designated AREA in the forums for people, locked during certain times of the week even, and when its open have your community managers, you know, manage it.

The bug report system is an obvious failure. You should re-do that. OR FOR CHRIST SAKE SELL THE STAR TREK LICENSE TO ANOTHER COMPANY AND LET THEM FIX A GAME PEOPLE ARE FULLY WANTING TO SPEND MONEY ON.

In the words of the COO of the WWE, This is NOT best for buisness!

Those TRIBBLE make a ton of money off TRIBBLE!!!! Seriously! How? They know how to ENTERTAIN people with QUALITY DRAMA and WRESTLING TRIBBLE..... even though its FAKE!

Star trek is STAR TREK, that NAME ITSELF has a VALUE. You SPIT on the STAR TREK FRANCHISE AND NAME, by continuing this abomination!

LISTEN TO THE STAR TREK FANS. YOU KNOW.... THE actual TREKKIES! COMMUNICATION IS KEY as well as DIVERSITY.

You need an AREA with rules specifically designed, 1 strike your out for a certain amount of time, like up to a month, where the EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS listen to the CUSTOMERS buying their PRODUCT.

Then again, alot of talk about a new Star Trek TV series, which would mean a NEW OPPORTUNITY to start from scratch with a new MMO series, based on the Star Trek Franchise, maybe you know, with an actual decent not bugged to TRIBBLE engine.

Wishful thinking.

the actual trekkies are not that many to support an mmo, especially when most of them are not really gamers... plus if you want a pure star trek game there would be less combat and most of the new generations of players kinda love shooting down other ships/mobs/empty space.
    except this part and the china-america one i agree with you.
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited February 2015
    wrote:
    We will be running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus Dilithium Ore by playing content throughout the game! The Dilithium Ore event runs from 10AM PST Thursday, February 5th until 10AM PST Thursday, February 12th, 2015 at 10AM PST. During the event, bonus Dilithium Ore will be provided for the following content:
    • Vlugta Asteroid Field:
    • 100% Bonus Dilithium Ore for Daily Mining Missions
    • 100% Bonus to all Rich Dilithium Claims
    • Fleet Dilithium Mine:
    • 100% Bonus Dilithium Ore for Daily Mining Missions
    • Everywhere else in the game
    • 50% Bonus Dilithium Ore
    • Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus.
    • The dilithium you earn for completing a reputation system will no longer receive a bonus.

While I appreciate the Bonus dilithium extension to a week perhaps the blog post wording should be amended to say:
    wrote:
    • Dilithium rewards from completing Special Event Projects will no longer receive a bonus.[aka mirror event, etc]
    • The dilithium you earn for Daily Participation in or Completing any Reputation system will no longer receive a bonus.

Just to clarify the changes that running any reputation "Continue to help ....." project, or the 20hr/1hr projects will not be rewarding bonus dilithium during the special bonus period.

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Do you have a link where the development team actually insulted the players? I for one would like to see this. If this is the actual case I just might be leaving and they will no longer get any monetary contributions which I have made.

Goodness me, someones late to the party.

Trawl back through 5 years of so called toxic posts, if thats even possible these days. They're in there, unfortunately. If you really want to see what certain Devs think of their paying customers do the research. ;)
  • Options
    innuwarriorinnuwarrior Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here's my post, most will say rant, on that TRIBBLE dilitium week end and Criptic decision to limit how much dilitium we'll take out of our week end. We'll for me its a TRIBBLE week end pure and simple. Your bonuses haven't made me play those q more to get a few more dilitium. In fact, I stay away from most Q these days because of my computer crashing in most of these Q since anniversary patch. Really fun to go into a Q, play most of it and than having game client crash just before mission ends, and of course, no reward of dilitium for my effort.

You keep putting new stuff into the game, corporate mentality keep pushing to put those upgrade into production before they are ready no matter what which gives us an unstable product. And now you get a lot of people mad because you feel we "take advantage" of the situation by stockpiling rep marks and waiting for dilitium weekend to redeem them. Well a little news for you, we took advantage of the situation because you created it. To top it off you advertise it one way, realizing at the last moment someone made a mistake and tried to switch it silently. Seriously, are we supposed to take everything with a "yes sir, no sir, whatever you say sir" and not complain.

This weekend is really nothing special at all for me, in fact I'm fixing myself to save has much dilitium as I can by making Omega Upgrade because "YOU DON'T NEED DILITIUM" for these. And quite frankly I'm getting sick of all the merchandising of the game lately. In fact the game is nothing more than a big large dilitium sink now. Whatever you want, fleet stuff, rep, upgraded equipement cost dilitium and refining limit is 8k a day. What difference would my 25k omega marks and my 10k nukara marks converted to dilitium at 50% bonus would have made for me or them for that matter, not much from where I'm standing. Only that I would have had to wait longer before running out of dilitium to convert. Following that logic, why was that an exploit, why was that so "bad" it had to be nerfed, I still can't convert more than 8k a day.

I don't know what difference that would have made for them, people will keep running out of refined dilitium. If dilitium from rep system was already refined I would say yeah, it all right, but no it isn't refined and it doesn't make a bit of difference in game except to make a lot of people angry.

Personnally, I haven't spend any money in a while and the way management are running things, I won't spend anymore. In the end you'll end up losing a Star Trek fan that play a game that has nothing much left to do with Star Trek. Instead, someone who created the first space game I played, Wing Commander (and every subsequent title), has something that will end up replacing this game in my heart and will get my money.

So you want to keep me and most likely many others playing your game wise up or you'll perish.
    Jamal : Tactical space specialist. USS Bug Warrior and many others
    E'Mc2 : Science Reman torp T'Varo, deadly annoyance :P
    Kunmal: Tactical fed Klingon, ground specialist, USS Kanewaga
    Ka -tet Tier 5 fleet fully completed Starbase and fleet property