test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Change In Command

Comments

• notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited February 2015
    since I only play pvp I have to ask who is that guy and what he did for the part of the game I play ? lol :D
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The sector space revamp is very welcome. I'd like to see more focus on things like this that add polish to the game. STO is in desperate need of some fit and finish. I'd hate to see resources diverted toward things that only cater to a small vocal minority, like PvP.
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    eltatus wrote: »
    PVP is not important..

There a lot of only PVP game more succesfull than STO.

There a only PVP and Star Trek game more sucesfull than STO.

PVP is not important..

Maybe that is why STO is so low in the MMO players list =)

PVP is not important.. sector space is..

Honestly I've no idea why anyone who favors PVP would choose a Cryptic game. There has never been decent PvP in anything they've ever done....ever. This will not change.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mewi wrote: »
    First dstahl adds as much greedy gouge the player content as he can. Then you add as much game breaking bug infested, pvp destroying garbage as YOU can. Where are the apologies to the players from Cryptic devs and producers for completely destroying STO?
    I didn't read anything about PvP in his statement. I could be wrong.

Faction specific sector space is being combined.
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Gigantic quadrant maps? Interesting but I hope the servers can handle it. We already know that during this anniversary event, the increased traffic made Q so giddy that he decided to attach invisible rubberbands on all captains in the Sol system. Imagine how giddy he'd be when he can do that to the entire Alpha Quadrant.

But that may just be the pessimist in me. No sector walls definitely means less travel time. This also means more unsuspecting captains getting diplomatic immunity from a random Admiral cruising in slipstream MUAHAHAHA!

As for doffing, does that mean all missions will be combined into one quadrant map or will we have increased XP missions? I guess only time will tell.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    *Crawls out from the rocks*

Please... PVP update....

*Crawls back into the rocks.*
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 609 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More details on this link.
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Welcome Stephen Ricossa to the hot seat. I'm happy that one of my desires for STO (combined sector space) is being actively developed, and am eager to see it when it arrives.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Honestly I've no idea why anyone who favors PVP would choose a Cryptic game. There has never been decent PvP in anything they've ever done....ever. This will not change.

Beacose sadly, they own the Star Trek license.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ak255 wrote: »
    So he's been around since 2008 and doesn't think PVP needs to be focused on?

Where did he say that?
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Wall is Coming Down? Fascinating! I hadn't believed that would happen ever.

I am excited to see what this will bring. And also a bit worried - DOFFIng is currently sector block focused. Will the missions change as we fly over the map?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • velanarvelanar Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Re: sector walls coming down.

Have to say this is interesting, but wait what about...nvm for now.

The devil is in the details isn't it.

Mini edit: congrats and good luck sir! :)
  • darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just 3 giant sector maps sounds great. Less loading screens is always good.
    lucho80 wrote: »
    New guy seems like a ST fan. Hopefully he fixes all the problems that the game has, specially with the DR mess.

On another note, mediocrity seems to be rewarded with a promotion. CTO, really?

D'Angelo already was the CTO and has been for quite some time.

Also Cryptic maybe should update their own webpage. It still lists Daniel Stahl as Executive Producer for STO....
  • theotherpicardtheotherpicard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There are more succesfull multy player star trek games that are 100% PVP than what STO is.

Honestly, who cares? This is not a PVP game, fact. If it was, then Klingons and Feds, the only true oppsing factions, would never reach joint missions. If you are so obssessed with insulting other players, after a good pvp match, then move on to the games you so love to cram in everyones faces. Are we playing those games? No, we are playing Star trek. Know why pvp i not being updated? You are the minority. If you wern't, and pvp was such a big thing, then they would have abided to that because that is where the money is. Howeverr, since they are designed to make money, like all companies, I highly doubt they are ignoring a huge gold mine sitting under thier noses, just to TRIBBLE you off, or drop rank. And as to your PVP bias, STO is not rated LOW as an MMROPG in general, only if you put your stupid pvp issues as the fore runner. Again, you want pvp, please, leave our game.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!

But seriously, I'm glad the sector walls are finally coming down. This pleases me greatly.

Keep the communication strong and don't rush builds to Holodeck.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • picarda1picarda1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it would be cool if there would be a sector block in gama quadrant and some new missions
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Okay, people need to slowdown for a moment.

Within Stephen's very last paragraph, he said nothing about including or removing PvP.
    I’m truly excited to share what this year has to offer, and instead of leaving it at that I’m going to tease a feature of our Season 10 update coming late this spring. With the launch of Season 10 Sector Space will be comprised of only three maps, with each one representing a quadrant that exists in STO. Yes, the sector walls are coming down!

We need more information.

Alpha, Gamma, and Delta Quadrants?
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lmao, they preffer to upgrade sector space than to fix PVP.

Sorry, but you already started bad Mr Ricossa.
    PvP isn't the end-all-be-all of STO. If it get fixed, fine. If it doesn't get fixed, fine as well. This is something that should have happened a long time ago.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well thank Kahless for this change, I guess.....:o

While I'm not fond of so many changes in the leadership position so often, at the risk of sounding somewhat rude - I firmly feel that Mr.D'Angelo was a very very wrong choice for the EP position of this game, so any change of the EP at this point is an improvement in my book.....please Mr.Ricossa, don't prove me wrong on this one. :o

Finally merging big parts of sector space and creating a larger more open space map sounds like great news and somethnig that was needed in STO, furthermore I hope as a TNG fan at the helm you'll convince Mr.Rivera to finally give us the Galaxy Class we deserve to have instead of the gimped Titanic that is currently in game. :(

So I wellcome you Mr.Ricossa to your new post in STO with very high hopes and please, for the love of STO, do better than D'Angelo.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, let's at least let the guy get his feet under the desk before we tell him he's doing everything wrong, yes?

Welcome aboard, sir, and good luck to you.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    more grinding to come?

hope this new Executive Producer can roll back some of those grinds/nerfs.

seamless zones? Alpha, Delta & Gamma? What about Beta?
  • blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yay...pve is getting nerfed! Its down to 3 maps just like pvp...woohoo!
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And maybe instead of thinking what new and not necessary priority changes make in season 10, you will put all efforts to repair existing bugs and finishing systems like R&D, Upgrade and BOff training?
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    PVP is not important..

There a lot of only PVP game more succesfull than STO.

There a only PVP and Star Trek game more sucesfull than STO.

PVP is not important..

Maybe that is why STO is so low in the MMO players list =)

PVP is not important.. sector space is..
    Just because there are PvP only games out there doesn't mean STO has to be one of them. If you want PvP so bad, go play those games.
    The team that brought you yet ANOTHER season launch mess is going to try their hand at Q and recreate the Galaxy. What could possibly go wrong.

Not even Jim Kirk can save the galaxy's destruction scheduled for Spring 2015

To my fellow Starfleet Captains, its been an honor serving with you. The STO galaxy wont survive the next rollout...
    You know the future, eh? Okay, interesting "insight" you have there. Good thing I won't take your word for it.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Congrats to Mr. Ricossa, may you have a great tenure. I'm sure there are doom sayers out there strapping on their tinfoil hats
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    more grinding to come?

hope this new Executive Producer can roll back some of those grinds/nerfs.

seamless zones? Alpha, Delta & Gamma? What about Beta?

We don't have gamma yet
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    looking forward to a different style compared to what we had...
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shevet wrote: »
    Well, let's at least let the guy get his feet under the desk before we tell him he's doing everything wrong, yes?

Doing that would make somebody a Cryptic Apolofanboywhiteknightistefender.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • theotherpicardtheotherpicard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh, and Welcome to you, new helmsman. I look forward to the new content, and I am understanding of complications. The game STO is one of the most indepth games I have played in a long time. However, I do agree with many, the grind is getting out of control. How about a little creativity? Delta Rising was not that good an expansion, if you concider only the story missions. After one real story mission, you continue the story in 2 or 3 poorly plotted "patrol missions" as a story runner. I'm sorry, but it broke the story. The rewards for them as well, not very creative. MK12 purple phaser banks out the yin yang. Not my idea of mission rewards. What ever happened to some rare one of a kind gear, like the distruptor torpedo? Or harpang? Weapons that may or may not be used by everyone, but unique all the same.

None the less, welcome, now please fix my Dyson Sci ships? LMAO.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    change in command? but is it the same crud on the walls or a complete change?

will see what happens in a few years from now. the rest of the year is all d'angelo's doing on his instruction, next year will be ricossa, see what he can manage at that point some point next year.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.