What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dust to Dust

Comments

• Options
    huntorhuntor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This mission is a bit irritating but overall ok.

The start of the mission is indeed laggy (for me)

The chat in the maze between Harry his ex is a bit annoying.

Canon wise, I'm not sure it's Harry's style to set lethal traps. Those electric traps should take 50-75% of your HP not 100% in one shot. Also it irritate the frak out of me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It may not have been Harry's style, but a) he was working with unfamiliar (and ancient!) Vaadwaur technology, and b) that wasn't entirely Harry any more. No telling how his personality might have been changing at that point.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You know I have to confess I am not that deep into Startrek (Voyager) lore that I was aware that there were two Harry's. This thing does intrigue me so I am going to look deeper into this.

Of course I took serious notice of the opening cutscene. That was B'ellana, right? However it makes me wonder, can you fell out of a starship? Pressure may you push out, since space is a kind of vacuum. The scene, and I suppose it is a remake of a Voyager scene, makes it look like he is falling. Falling to what?

Overall, I do like the mission. I am sure I can replay this a thousand times, each time with joy and I have to because I want to have all those cool rewards on my alts.
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It was a good mission, better than most in the game. Much better than the DR missions. The plot was as usual weak, but then Star Trek rarely had strong plots (though it could without a problem).

The only part that was annoying was the electric trap. Maze was really simple (zoom out???) and the platform trap was pretty cool, though I got halfway across at one point, fell and got respawned on a platform at the top!

TBH I think Cryptic need to look at using the tech in ST to better effect. The traps and other mechanics should have had multiple solutions. It's a pity the Ziplines are scripted as that could have been used as a bypass for the platform trap. The trap room could have different completion solutions depending on player character traits, like a Borg player character could hack a console within the maze and deactivate parts/all of it.

Randomisation of the Maze giving a truly unique experience each time too would be cool. They are pretty simple things to do and would add lots of re-playability and interest to something that gets wearing when you need to do it 3-4 times on 8 characters...

Something else would be the electric trap room, different trap types for that room would have been awesome and methods to avoid them would also be cool. However the constraints of the engine seem to be massively restricting creativity within it.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It was a nice mission. Reminded me about the good old games, where you had to think for yourself because there werent 9mio assistance-systems in the game.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Speaking of Accolades, you get one for successfully storming the temple without help [hard].

Also for getting past all of the electric stuff in less than 2 minutes.

And there's another one for reading the entire Vaadwaur history on those hidden consoles. Those are the three accolades I've seen so far.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's not a mission reward. You find the boff in the maze and claim it.

Ahhh! Nice! I didnt see that so I'll be sure to hunt it down next run through :D

EDIT: Also to add I really enjoyed the mission.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't know if anyone else has posted a map at all and this one's pretty simply done, but here's a map to the maze for anyone that needs it.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m201/Striegyr/5thanniversaryeventmissionmaze.png
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    autobotgoldbugautobotgoldbug Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can't even finish this mission without my game crashing. :mad:
  • Options
    purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After the 30th time I fell into the crevasse when a platform retracted, I gave up.

Yeah its getting to that stage with me. Urge to rage quit rising!

Also another thought, having pop-ups with story chat happening while concentrating on the game IE the maze or the electrical panels means you miss most of it.

Edit:
    Fraggle this for a game of soldiers.

Just punched a wall and scared all the dogs out the room with a yell of anger and frustration as I was all the way across, I literally had one step to take and No you go to hell now and die.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I will play it once they get some stable gaming going. After resetting my Boffs, and doing a simple patrol. Even then I couldn't play it due to the "Rubber band Effect".
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I didn't mind the platforms so much. My weapon was set to autofire and I think I died only 2 or 3 times.

The maze, though... no. I have to replay this mission if I want the Kobali gear? That gear had better be pretty damn good to get me back in that mission.

Plus, seriously, 2 Harry Kims now? And how did the Kobali get Harry Kim's corpse if he died at least 25,000 light years away from Kobali space? Not only is that a huge distance, but finding a body in the vast expanse of space (and not just any body, but the body of a captain working with your military) is improbable to the point of laughable.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it was a good mission but having to play through it 3 more times to get the set pieces is a bit much.
    i should imagine i will be sick to death of it by the time im done.
    the worst part of this event is the particle mini mission, why oh why they could not leave it as the parcel game for the qmendations i will never know, sure its not the best game in the world but at least its all in one local and better still it actually works correctly.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    tarrynrextarrynrex Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't think I'll mind playing it another three times. I quite enjoyed the mission, but next time I'll try to get the BOFF too!!

This mission is the better than the last one where there was a bug out in space that didn't let you see correctly. It took me about half an hour per repeat to do the space jump in the vac suit between parts of the space station.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it was a good mission but having to play through it 3 more times to get the set pieces is a bit much.
    i should imagine i will be sick to death of it by the time im done.
    the worst part of this event is the particle mini mission, why oh why they could not leave it as the parcel game for the qmendations i will never know, sure its not the best game in the world but at least its all in one local and better still it actually works correctly.

I thought we had to redo the mission to get the exrtra Q-mendations?! (After the first 400)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    alex284 wrote: »
    I didn't mind the platforms so much. My weapon was set to autofire and I think I died only 2 or 3 times.

The maze, though... no. I have to replay this mission if I want the Kobali gear? That gear had better be pretty damn good to get me back in that mission.

Plus, seriously, 2 Harry Kims now? And how did the Kobali get Harry Kim's corpse if he died at least 25,000 light years away from Kobali space? Not only is that a huge distance, but finding a body in the vast expanse of space (and not just any body, but the body of a captain working with your military) is improbable to the point of laughable.

The imlication is that Jhet’leya (formerly Lyndsay Ballard) still remembered where the events of that Quantum Duplication thingy happened. If she knew, she could have - at some point - taken a ship and scan for him. For how ever long it took her. (She could have started automating it, using automated probes or something).

And then - Star Trek Sensors are ridiculously good. They can detect shuttle craft across light years of distance. They can detect life forms through miles of earth and stone.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have to say credit where credit is due I liked this mission. The story was good, I liked that this mission takes a little thought and net just pew-pew which given the start I was worried about. It took me a couple of goes to get the hang of the moving platforms mainly for the timings, but once I did it was easy.

There is only one thing about the mission I disliked and that was the maze. It is not the fault of the designers or the writers it is just I hate mazes and always have, given the choice I will never go into one in real life and you couldn't pay me enough to go into one. The little so-and-sos even thought ahead and realised some would try to run over the walls from the stairs and put a stop to it before it started. :mad: (read as grumpy face not mad face). Again this is my problem so this is light hearted dig at that and not a real complaint about the mission.

On the upside for the maze a free BOFF that I wasn't expecting to get so easilly. That was a nice twist to put in when they didn't have to, so thanks for that one guys.

I do hope we see more and more missions in the future like this that require thought and not just pew-pew, even if they involve mazes.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Garrett Wang & Kim Rhodes made this mission. The mission was good, but was let down by lag and puzzles that didn't work properly, causing frustration.

Will do again on my alt, but it is a one time deal on any char...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The mission was the best part of this latest patch. All the rest of was meh at best. I've come to realize something, an MMO game where the company is constantly trying to monitize everything isn't entirely what I want. Especially when they release content that doesn't distribute over to other factions as much as one like in the DR ship pack.

All I really want is a good Star Trek story to enjoy and TV shows and such do the job just fine. Best of all there are no [Finish Now! 1000 Dilithium] buttons in my imagination to plow through those stories with. :)
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For me it was TRIBBLE. I don't like more puzzles. I am into action. Especially when most of the time you do as requested and you will fail anyway. That was frustration pure.

If you listened to the things they said, it didn't fit to why and what this episode was about: Lindsay said Kim would forget about Earth, but she never forgot and the movie as well as this episode show very much that humans have a big resistance to being reborn a "different" person. Humans kling to their human past.
    So even the story doens't make any sense.
    So, no praise from me.
  • Options
    mycroft1701mycroft1701 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I thought we had to redo the mission to get the exrtra Q-mendations?! (After the first 400)

Nope - you have to do the Omega particle mini-game to get the rest
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Never really ran into what I would consider puzzles, but it was a nice mission. Kobali Kim was good and Kim Rhodes did an excellent job.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Played it once on both toons.

Never again...........

But seriously how about a sounding alarm giving some warning other then those slim lights on the platforms? I'm watching those change colour while dodging electrified panels and shooting stuff on the walls. :mad:

Dont run through the glowing/sparkling plates, then they wont retract (not before time runs out at least). By running just straight and hitting the plates you get a malfunction in the generators and thus it retracts.

Its a very basic feature of older games...
  • Options
    vonriktorvonriktor Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed the mission too, though I did think it wrapped up a little ... conveniently. Was nice to hear about Voyagers secret mission too - or rather, which Species was related to that secret mission.

:rolleyes:

as if the tv series didn't do that with regularity :)
  • Options
    eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is my first anniversary. Will this mission (and the space set rewards) be available in the future, or does it go away when the anniversary ends?
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can get behind the mission overall. The map, the layout, what you have to do to win, etc... They're all very sound and even though I'd change some serious issues with the walkway section, I think it was good.

What I 100% totally detest is cramming the Kobali philosophy down our throats, and then ramming it down further with a fist. And then stomping it down further with a booted foot.

It's corruption. It's BS to say "it's his choice" when they're actively killing him by erasing his entire existence. It's also dishonest to say that 1) they could ever revive him to begin with 2) that he would revive perfectly as if he were asleep, and 3) that he MUST become kobali in the process. I mean, honestly? He woke up human and was 100% intact. There's no reason to turn him into a zombie brain slave after that point.

The entire kobali species as written in this game is a farce. They're badly motivated, poorly written, and come off as wishy washy villains pretending to be good guys.

The mission itself was well done. I really REALLY hated the dialog and the "character" work they put into it. Turning Harry Kim into Kobali shouldn't be something anybody would take lying down. That's a war-starting offense. I found it on-the-nose when he asked "Am I just supposed to let go of who I am?" and then immediately turns around and does so.

It's not Harry Kim if he's been violently brainwashed and his memories, his personality, his very past and present are being erased in a mentally agonizing way in real time. That's just sadistically evil.

I want nothing to do with this badly written Kobali plot. My KDF wanted to nuke them from orbit. My FED hasn't even done it yet, but I'm sure there's a more effective way to remove their blight from the galaxy. One that would leave no traces.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    Positively hates the maze part. I found myself lost in it turning in circles.

Pick a turn direction when entering. Left or Right then turn left or right only at each intersection in relation to the proposed exit, eventually you will find the exit.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    AFAIK, anniversary missions don't repeat.

The mission was set up by the end of the DQ arc, with the soon... bit at the very end. For those who haven't figured it out yet, the Anniversary personal log pt 1 was also about finding/bringing back Harry also. I was OK with the maze. It was annoying, but not horribly so. I had a harder time with the retractable platforms. The sparkly areas took up too much of the platforms for me.
    I'm OK with redoing this every now and then (with the timed, staggered unlocks), but I've got 3 characters to get through the DQ missions first, so it'll take a bit.