test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dust to Dust

szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
I love the new mission. In my opinion the perfect mix of fighting, puzzle solving and adventure. And the Boff is very nice too! Don't want to spoil it for anyone so I won't get into details (yet).

Many thanks to whoever was involved with creating this mission! Very well done!
Post edited by szim on

Comments

• erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Positively hates the maze part. I found myself lost in it turning in circles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i must say i liked it myself
    nerf.jpg]
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    Positively hates the maze part. I found myself lost in it turning in circles.

hit the consoles and it will put an X on the dead ends so you wont get lost
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it was a nice change from the usual run&gun for sure.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I actually enjoyed the mission too, though I did think it wrapped up a little ... conveniently. Was nice to hear about Voyagers secret mission too - or rather, which Species was related to that secret mission.
    Got the Boff and deleted it. Kobali have corpse cooties.
    :rolleyes:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The BOFF? I didn't see that as a reward, nor did I get it.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm having sealy problems with the ground part of this.

Space is fine. .

Beam down and then it's like the Delta patrols that seem to drain my system hard and to get to play i have to lower my setting down so it's almost playing a commodore 64 game (ok not that bad but you get me lol).

So I'm not sure I'm going to be even able to play it tbh :-(
    JtaDmwW.png
  • ret2023ret2023 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hate the second puzzle, but everything else is done nicely.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sinn74 wrote: »
    The BOFF? I didn't see that as a reward, nor did I get it.
    She's in the maze, and you'll have to intentionally take a wrong turn to meet up with her.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks.
  • archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I replayed it alreayd.
    I like how the events in the trenches, while minor and superficial, is different each time. It helps keep the repetitiveness low for those who likes to replay alot to get every accolade.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I loved this mission!!! It was tad long, but worth it. I enjoyed meeting and receiving my Kobali BOFF. The story, puzzles, and game play were balanced just right. I actually felt like I was in a Star Trek episode, which is something STO has been lacking for some time. The only thing "bad" I have to say about this episode is the graphics at the beginning of the mission, where it is raining on Kobali Prime. It was a bit too intense for my card, and I had to drop the resolution to get to the Temple. Having said that, the graphics were really good.

Kim Rhodes acting was superb!!! Get this actress back!!! Kim Rhodes was Jhet'leya. I could hear her expressions in her voice. I wasn't hearing Kim read Jhet'leya as we have seen with a few of the actors reprising their roles. Her performance was authentic, and I loved it! Jhet'leya should be the official Kobali representative if not their ambassador. I hope we get to see more of her.

As for Garrett Wang, I enjoyed his performance. I would love to see Keten and Harry have more interactions in the future before they finally go their separate ways. A Kobali wedding should be considered.

To the Devs, you did a great job with this mission. I hope that future missions will have this same level of balance between story, puzzles, and game play. Congrats on a job well done! Thank you! :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Loved it. Except for the platforms at the end. That got me extremely frustrated, as they kept dissapearing from under me, despite having only just put them out. Didn't realise why until I fumbled to the end. Then I felt silly.

Looking forward to replying this on another character, and this time, I'll hunt the boff.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It was a pretty good mission. I liked that it also had an "emotional" arc - that involved some Star Trek philosophy and all. The game missions seem to feature this too rarely, and I hope they keep on improving in this area.

Also, they are getting the hang of writing character dialog choices more like Captain choices. Sure, the other characters still have to come up with most of the ideas, but that is how it was in the shows usually, too. (Or at least TNG - we all remember those conference room scenes where everyone is proposing something and the Captain decides what is the best course of action.)
    skollulfr wrote: »
    shooting the triggers for the platforms... shooter mode ftw.

Still, sometimes the platforms seemed to have retracted sooner than they should have.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just gotta ask, how in the heck do you get the mission to begin with? Everyone keeps telling me it is in the Dyson Sphere, but I cannot find any NPC to give it to me.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    Many thumbs up on the mission - well done.

I like that in repeats, it's different.

And theres a BOFF? OMG - lets do it again!
    edited January 2015
    velqua wrote: »
    Kim Rhodes acting was superb!!! Get this actress back!!! Kim Rhodes was Jhet'leya. I could hear her expressions in her voice. I wasn't hearing Kim read Jhet'leya as we have seen with a few of the actors reprising their roles. Her performance was authentic, and I loved it! Jhet'leya should be the official Kobali representative if not their ambassador. I hope we get to see more of her.

yeah, she does deserve some praise. very well acted. she was nearly as good as neelix and tovan.

bloodyriz wrote: »
    I just gotta ask, how in the heck do you get the mission to begin with? Everyone keeps telling me it is in the Dyson Sphere, but I cannot find any NPC to give it to me.

press J to open the mission journal and you will see an anniversary tab.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Use the Mission Journal. I believe in the tab with all the different story arcs, the first entry is something like "Featured Mission". There you can get access to it. Otherwise the "Available Mission" should also contain it. You probably can't actually go to a direct contact for it - the contact for the mission would be Harry Kim, and I think he's not standing around in any of the usual social zones (unlike many other mission givers, like Quinn or T'Nae).

I don't know if you need to qualify in any way for it. You definitely don't need to have completed the Delta Quadrant story arc for it. Not sure if there are any minimum levels. I think as long as an episode is in the "Featured Episode" tab, you can do it pretty much without any restrictions. Only when they get integrated in the regular mission flow this may change.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    TY guys. On the mission now.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Avoiding spoilers, do I need my ship and boffs in working order to do this mission, or is it like the last two Anniversaries (Temporal Ambassador, A Step Between Stars) where its your captain alone and a specific ship?

(My ships are in various states of disassembly from the new skill thing, so figuring out if I need to get out the duck tape to run the event)
  • slightlystr8slightlystr8 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So I completed the mission but instead I was asked if I wanted to continue it???

I received no reward.

I even completed all the option on the high level of difficulty.

Anyone else have this issue?
    edited January 2015
    Avoiding spoilers, do I need my ship and boffs in working order to do this mission, or is it like the last two Anniversaries (Temporal Ambassador, A Step Between Stars) where its your captain alone and a specific ship?

(My ships are in various states of disassembly from the new skill thing, so figuring out if I need to get out the duck tape to run the event)

minimal space combat, but you will want your away team organised for a short scuffle.
    most of the mission is you and harry solving puzzles.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Loved the mission, just didn't care for the last part of the Electric Puzzle.. that part was frustrating.

Helpful spoiler free tip for 'The Maze.'

Use the classic strategy for mazes, just follow the right wall. If you just stay on the right wall and follow it along you will not only reach the end but find the hidden BoFF as well. :cool:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sounds like a cool mission. Too bad I wasted my playing time on the borked Omega Minigame.

Bleagh...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    minimal space combat, but you will want your away team organised for a short scuffle.
    most of the mission is you and harry solving puzzles.

Duck tape it is, thanks.
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Still, sometimes the platforms seemed to have retracted sooner than they should have.

This is what kept hitting me. If yo utouch one of those sparking panels on the platform, a beam shoots out from the wall and retracts the platform.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    She's in the maze, and you'll have to intentionally take a wrong turn to meet up with her.

And she's in a random spot each time. And you can't just complete the maze and then find her.

On the plus side, she's an Engineering/Command Officer with some snazzy powers. Not Emergency Artillery though. Dayum.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I liked the mission, it was perhaps not the best they have done but it was overall good.

* Garrett Wang did a good voice over
    * The mission itself feels like Star Trek, weird and poo.
    * Good variation on "puzzle, space and ground.

But I don't know how I feel about doing this mission 3 more times for the gear.
    21ajpqt.png
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I was able to do the space part in normal without any working build. Since the game was a mess, I just had HE, science team, tac team and APb ready. Nothing else was used.
    You have some help for the most part, and the enemies are not many and quite easy to beat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]