test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

APU Cruiser - Thoughts?

questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,333 Arc User
With the details of the new lockbox ships released we also got a first glance at the stats of the APU cruiser.
The vessels of the APU (which stands for "Automated Personnel Units") are robust and practical, and well-suited for warfare thanks to their longstanding conflicts with one another. The APU from the Pralor and Cravic factions have waged an unending war with one another for many years, thanks to their inflexible interpretation of the core programming that drives them. Despite being artificial lifeforms, the APU are entirely self-contained and do not integrate with any of their known technology. Their starships and equipment can therefore be easily adapted for use by other species.

Tier: 5 (Can be upgraded to T5-U)
Faction: All
Rank Required: Rear Admiral / Brigadier General / Sub Admiral I
Availability: Vaadwaur Lock Box
Hull Strength: 38,000
Shield Modifier: 1
Crew: 200
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Device Slots: 4
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Science, 1 Ensign Universal
Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 2 Science
Base Turn Rate: 8 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.15
Inertia: 35
+5 to all Power Levels
Matter-Antimatter Warp Core
Cruiser Command Array
Command – Shield Frequency Modulation
Command – Strategic Maneuvering
Command – Weapon System Efficiency
Command – Attract Fire

When the APU Cruiser is upgraded to T5-U with a Starship Upgrade Requisition it gains the following improvements:

Hull Strength: 43,700 at level 50 and 50,668 at level 60
+1 Engineering Console Slot
Starship Mastery Package (Cruiser)
Absorptive Plating
Rapid Repairs
Enhanced Plating
Armored Hull

My first impressions when it was mentioned yesterday were "Tactical cruiser" and "full turret build".
Plans were already being drawn for purchase on my Romulan Science.

However this cruiser turned out differently than i expected with the heavy engineering focus and few tactical/science options.

Other than for role playing some star gate i am not sure if i like this ship.

What are your impressions folks?
This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's a piece of TRIBBLE and thank god for that.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It's a piece of TRIBBLE and thank god for that.

Not a fan of Stargate i take it?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Since most players think the ship is TRIBBLE. I hope to steal it off the exchange at a sweet deal. So far I like the ship, however I'm deciding on who gets it. My Fed, KDF, or Romulan is the choices. If its cheap enough, I might buy 2 of them to widen my choices on who gets it. So far Im leaning to my Fed or KDF on the ship. I like this better than the Kazon one.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,054 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Goa'uld Hatak!

*Clears throat* Set up right it could still be decent. Heck... it might be a tanky little thing with all the engie.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Stats look okay but the design looks terrible to me. It does not even fit in with the other Vaadwaur designs at all. I will not be going after it.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The stats remind me of those mirror cruisers you can get from the exchange for 100k EC.

I'm not even sure why this ship exists.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I like it. I can't wait to get one.

Goa'uld Hatak.... Yeeeeeaaaaahhhh!
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Its the old T5 Sovereign with the ensign turned universal and+1 turn. Fun for RP purposes, but nothing new stat-wise.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Its the old T5 Sovereign with the ensign turned universal and+1 turn. Fun for RP purposes, but nothing new stat-wise.

Correct on that. Very few differences but it's essentially the T5 Assault Cruiser.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Without access to a Lt.Cmdr. Tac or Sci seat, yeah, I expect it to get passed over by most of the playerbase.

It is.. quite possibly.. the most mediocre T5 ship in the roster and gains nothing for everything it 'gives up'.
  • Options
    synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, and I was one of those that kinda liked the design. prob pick it up cheap for an alt. We'll see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's a T5, and not that good either. Also, you need a token to upgrade to t5u.

Quite obviously, this ship is sub par compared to what we have now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Goa'uld Hatak!

*Clears throat* Set up right it could still be decent. Heck... it might be a tanky little thing with all the engie.

Yep that's why I am going to buy one from the exchange.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's a 9 console boat that can be upgraded to a 10 console boat for 700 Zen...just like the Kazon Raider. In a world where there are already 11 console boats and there will be Fleet versions of other T6 boats going to 11 consoles.

It, like the Kazon Raider, is like the Mirror Universe booby prizes...only with the option to upgrade it to one less console.

T5 9 Console
    T5 10 Console

Couldn't upgrade the Mirror to 10 Console.

T5 9 Console
    T5 10 Console
    T5U 10 Console <- Kazon Raider & APU Cruiser
    FT5U 11 Console
    T6 10 Console
    FT6 11 Console

Though, if it makes anybody feel better about it...the D'Kyr, Marauder, and Guramba are also stuck at T5U-10 boats since they never got their Fleet variants.

And well, if there was more to think of it than that; I didn't bother...

...then again, I'm flying around the Delta Quadrant in a Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser Retrofit. ;)
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    atlantra wrote: »
    I like it. I can't wait to get one.

Goa'uld Hatak.... Yeeeeeaaaaahhhh!

Wanna aux2bat tank with the APU in Kerrat, Queen Scora? :P;)
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'll get one or two just so I can yell to random people, Jaffa kree!

It will be worth the EC cost just for that. Stats wise it is sub par at best...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I like the design, and the Voyager APU episode was pretty creepy.
    So ill probably get one to muck around in. But it won't replace any of my other ships.

Its too bad they didn't do a little more for it, at the very least 10 console slots, upgraded to 11 would've been ideal.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It's one of those ships which is just screaming "Full turret build"
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    I'll get one or two just so I can yell to random people, Jaffa kree!

It will be worth the EC cost just for that. Stats wise it is sub par at best...

This made me lol. Thank you. Tbh, was kinda thinking the same thing myself. :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wanna aux2bat tank with the APU in Kerrat, Queen Scora? :P;)

LOL me using A2B?! You got some good jokes there. I lol'ed hard.

"I'm gon do the impossibru wit my APU. I'm gon keel pepool wit it."

Y'all git ready. Dis gon B gud. :D
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    Not a fan of Stargate i take it?

I don't think of Stargate ships when I look at the APU ship. I disliked the APUs and disliked their ship design. I also disliked the episode that featured them, it was a rehashed garbage story reminiscent of the Original Series third season.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    so...what weapons exist in the game that are yellow and available in turrets?

hopefully at least one type exists so those goa'uld staff cannons can be recreated
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ...then again, I'm flying around the Delta Quadrant in a Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser Retrofit. ;)

Cheers to another mirror universe madman! I got one running around in the mirror t'varo.
  • Options
    papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Stats look okay but the design looks terrible to me. It does not even fit in with the other Vaadwaur designs at all. I will not be going after it.
    well considering the vaads didn't even build the thing would explain that :eek:
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,054 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015

hopefully at least one type exists so those goa'uld staff cannons can be recreated

I think Thoron infused Polaron from the Delta Rep store.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Phasers and thoron infused polarons
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited January 2015

That sir is so full of awesome!
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Phasers and thoron infused polarons
    normal phasers are orange, not yellow, and i can't think of any variant that is
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    normal phasers are orange, not yellow, and i can't think of any variant that is

Must be my old computer's graphics setting then.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,828 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not the best ship around...but agree good for RP at most ;)
    DUwNP.gif