test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wow, 5 PADDs for the new boff skill = 18,000 dil.

repetitiveepicrepetitiveepic Member Posts: 6,549 Arc User
free jkname.

#MOGA Make Orions Green Again

zsoRuFM.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• biersteinbierstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You think that's bad, try being so clueless that you don't even know what a "PADD" is or what you're talking about. :eek:
  • theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    that appears to be the dilithium to finish the project now, so if you wait the 20 hours it doesn't actually cost dilithium
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Well, that's a misleading title if I've ever seen one. That's for the "Finish Now" button. Which I've come to affectionately call the "Instant Gratification" button.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    New things are always expensive on tribble when it first is launched. They've always nerfed the requirements before they go to holodeck. It was that way for crafting and even reputation. Even weapons tend to be OP then are nerfed just before they go live.

EDIT:
    iconians wrote: »
    Well, that's a misleading title if I've ever seen one. That's for the "Finish Now" button. Which I've come to affectionately call the "Instant Gratification" button.

that too :)
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Everyone who called me a troll for saying it was going to be expensive can bite my "Finish Now" button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I see it won't cost me one single Dil. :rolleyes:
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not Cryptic's fault if you aren't patient enough to wait...it's a blanket cost...uses the same cost as the 20 hour R&D XP daily.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • biersteinbierstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Not Cryptic's fault if you aren't patient enough to wait...it's a blanket cost...uses the same cost as the 20 hour R&D XP daily.

But how do I grind daily research if it's cluttering my hold?
    edited January 2015
    Don't have a cow people, this is day 1 of the tribble rollout. It could be an oversight.

Even if its not, you can make 5 padds per project slot per toon.

So, if they take 20 hours to make 5 (4 hours each if slotted one at a time), then this is only an issue on day 1 of the release.

I think people are having a cow because you didn't notice (or didn't mention) that you were looking at the Finish Now button.

It is a Day 1 issue. So for one single day, we won't be able to train new bridge officers except for the people who apparently are extremely impatient or have a disposable refined dilithium income.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,456 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    A pretty clear screenshot of the "Finish Now" button, like iconians said. I'm patient enough that it won't be a problem for me. I'll just do what I usually do. Slot it before I log off and let it run.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    very misleading title indeed :rolleyes:

still, 20hrs to craft seems a bit silly to me, but then again how many are you going to need on a regular basis?

I hope the pads go in the r&d inventory
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    very misleading title indeed :rolleyes:

still, 20hrs to craft seems a bit silly to me, but then again how many are you going to need on a regular basis?

I hope the pads go in the r&d inventory
    I have to wonder if the x5 items also makes the time x5 like it does when making... well... every other component.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    To clarify on the costs as currently being tested on tribble, a single PADD costs 4 [Tritanium] and 1 [Thoron Particle] for R&D materials, 2,500 EC, and 500 Dilithium, so x5 that means 20 [Tritanium], 5 [Thoron Particle], 12,500 EC, and 2,500 Dilithium. Each PADD takes 4 hours to craft and ANY Duty Officer (Including Prisoners as of this posting) can craft them.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    never mind - ninj'd.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am more annoyed by the time it takes to craft the PADDs than I am by the price tag (although IMHO it should be 300 dil each, not 500).

(four hours for 1, twenty hours for a batch of 5)

-edit- Forgot to mention that I hope the long time gate is just an oversight that is reflective of this system's Work In Progress nature and not something that they actually intended.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://i.imgur.com/HcOjQdH.png

4 Tritanium
    1 Thoron Particle
    500 Dil
    2500 EC

4 hour duration

You can chain craft up to 5 at a time, so multiply the above by 5 (20 Trit, 5 Thoron, 2500 Dil, 12500 EC, and 20 hours).

It's a 3600 Dil Finish Now for a single PADD...likewise, multiply by 5...it's 18000 Dil for a Finish Now on 5 of them.

Crafting the actual skills requires a PADD and has a 30 second duration. I didn't look at the Finish Now cost on a 30s duration.

edit: Hell, I was Beverly Hills Ninja'd...
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    yeah, 4 hours is still a bit much, its not like its a piece of gear, its essentially a consumable item

with 4 hours your better off doing a batch of 5 at the end of the night and swap skill the next day.....ahh well, I suppose if you stockpile them it won't really matter, just don't run out
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here i was expecting something to actually cost 18K dil but NOOOO just some idiot who pressed the shiny button that said "Finish Now".

And therefore why am i ranting about this?!

why am i here?

Why do i even care?

Stay tuned batfans

same batplace

same battime

Same Batchanell
    edited January 2015
    As someone else already pointed out regarding the timegate... how many of these bridge officer abilities are we really expected to need, practically?

They become permanent skills for your bridge officer in question. It's not like we'll be retraining them like in the old system, thus requiring us to spend 20 hours each time we want to switch Timmy Boff's High Yield III to Torpedo Spread III.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,456 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Moo

<.<
    >.>

Hasn't been said yet. Decided we needed a tension breaker. :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://i.imgur.com/HcOjQdH.png

4 Tritanium
    1 Thoron Particle
    500 Dil
    2500 EC

4 hour duration

You can chain craft up to 5 at a time, so multiply the above by 5 (20 Trit, 5 Thoron, 2500 Dil, 12500 EC, and 20 hours).

It's a 3600 Dil Finish Now for a single PADD...likewise, multiply by 5...it's 18000 Dil for a Finish Now on 5 of them.

Crafting the actual skills requires a PADD and has a 30 second duration. I didn't look at the Finish Now cost on a 30s duration.
    Hunh... 0% chance of crit. Enh, works I guess.
    edit: Hell, I was Beverly Hills Ninja'd...
    Yes, an entire family of ninjas!

Oh, man, I lol'd until it hurt. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    To clarify on the costs as currently being tested on tribble, a single PADD costs 4 [Tritanium] and 1 [Thoron Particle] for R&D materials, 2,500 EC, and 500 Dilithium, so x5 that means 20 [Tritanium], 5 [Thoron Particle], 12,500 EC, and 2,500 Dilithium. Each PADD takes 4 hours to craft and ANY Duty Officer (Including Prisoners as of this posting) can craft them.

Well if pads are 500 dil a pop then it's a lot better than I had feared. I'm going to have to say I officially have no complaints about this new system, especially since we've been asking for something similar to it for years now.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am sorry, but maybe I missed something:

I remember players posting on the forum about how fast and easy they grinded Dilithium within a few hours. Those were numbers from a few thousand upwards..

What happened to that, now everyone is crying about spending Dilithium for projects?
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I remember players posting on the forum about how fast and easy they grinded Dilithium within a few hours. Those were numbers from a few thousand upwards..

What happened to that, now everyone is crying about spending Dilithium for projects?

You sound like a grumpy old man shaking his fist at the kids on your lawn :D
    edited January 2015
    You sound like a grumpy old man shaking his fist at the kids on your lawn :D

.... No, it was just a friendly unsuspicious question to the players.

and it wouldn't be the whole fist I would be shaking, rather one finger..
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015

It sounds like you missed the following:

Reduced dilithium payout from STFs
    Reduced dilithium payout from Voth Ground Battle Zone

The two most readily available sources of Dilithium were reduced. That's why people are funny about it.

As for the Boff training, I won't use it unless I have to. I hope they don't make it compulsory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    It sounds like you missed the following:

Reduced dilithium payout from STFs
    Reduced dilithium payout from Voth Ground Battle Zone

The two most readily available sources of Dilithium were reduced. That's why people are funny about it.

As for the Boff training, I won't use it unless I have to. I hope they don't make it compulsory.

ahaaaaaaaa, that's it. I usually get my Dil from Doff missions and unused Zen.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bierstein wrote: »
    You think that's bad, try being so clueless that you don't even know what a "PADD" is or what you're talking about. :eek:

It's something you put in your panties, right? :confused:
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    But all jokes aside guys 18,000 dilithium really isn't that much, come on let's be fair here think about in the scheme of things it's not that much
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    Lets think about this.

You want to try something new. A new build, but it's going to take a few small changes to 2 boffs.

Currently you hop over to ESD, take 30 seconds with the skill dude hiding under the admirals office. New Officer skills, drop in some XP (which you have 4 million of), and voila - you have a new build.

New system - you create 2 new pads assuming you have the skills to do so. Then wait 20 hours.

*facepalm*

Next I'll have to spend 500 dil to take a dump at Club 47.
This discussion has been closed.