test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wow, 5 PADDs for the new boff skill = 18,000 dil.

124»

Comments

• hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looks like they want to enforce the purchase of Zen. Seems like STO is getting into a tipical chinese grinding game.

There are bugs and connection issues more than enough in game wghich have not been adressed.:mad:
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hawks3052 wrote: »
    Looks like they want to enforce the purchase of Zen. Seems like STO is getting into a tipical chinese grinding game.

There are bugs and connection issues more than enough in game wghich have not been adressed.:mad:

I'd be buying Zen except I want to buy ships, not rent them.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mrtshead wrote: »
    First misunderstanding - this part isn't changing at all. You don't have to "grind" the crafting school for skills - if you have unlocked the skills (which is done the same way as it is now - putting 3 or 6 points into a particular skill on the captain's skill sheet), then you have the ability to craft those training manuals, full stop.
    You are misunderstanding. I was not refering at the captain's skills only, wich you conviently nit pick lol. I was refering at the whole officer training school system, wich will include future specializations, and also at the other schools wich you WILL HAVE TO unlock via grinding. And that is a wall, but wich I never said I was against.
    Right- this is the part that adds value to the item, because it creates a situation where some people will prefer to spend EC to buy already crafted PADDs, while others will prefer to spend dilithium on crafting the PADDs and thus save themselves some EC off the exchange. Without this tension, there would be basically no market for the PADDs or for the training manuals they craft.
    And again, where I said I was against this?
    I think you are misunderstanding the time gate here - the idea is to craft your PADDs at the end of your play session, such that they are ready at the beginning of the next one. The idea is that players will want to think ahead and plan out their purchases, or else will want to go to the exchange to "buy it now" and cost themselves a little bit of extra EC. Again, this tension helps drive the market, because it creates a scenario where people who value EC over instant gratification can trade surplus production to people who value instant gratification over EC.

Here you are misunderstanding my point. Why I am FORCED to do something at CERTAIN time? I play as MY TIME and SCHEDULE dictates me, not as some1 tells me. Yes I know the idea behind it, but again, now the devs have started to tell me when to play too? Ok, they can tell me how to play their game, but also when?? Its one of the most ridiculous things I even heard. And its also based on a wrong supposition. Lets say, if I refine my dil at the begining of my play session, I am basicly screwed if I hit un upgrade or start to craft an item, wich I allready payed for with my resources. And what tension? It adds frustration, not tention, into A GAME.... You know, they were supposed to be fun and all:rolleyes: And again with the instant gratification??? Its not, since the player allready waits and pays the TRIBBLE out for an item. This timer, the "3rd wall" I've speak of, is nothing more then a rip off from newly games/tablet games, even single player ones but wich of course require an online connection, where for a part to be installed it takes 2 days:mad: Probably PWE looked around and got inspired from. There isnt any case of instant gratification where you unlock an option to buy an item and you pay for it/work for it. And then you have to wait/pay again? For what???:confused:
    Herein we get to the crux of the problem - there are always going to be players that don't enjoy planning out their purchases, or thinking about how to best utilize their resources etc. There are going to be people who just want to get what they want, when they want it, so they can have fun playing with their toys as their whims dictate. While I think that can work well in a single player game (and indeed, I personally will use mods and cheats etc to play single player games that way sometimes), I think it doesn't really work in an MMO where one of the essential assumptions of the genre is that you will be interacting with other people in multiple ways, including economically.

Again, its a god damm game. Or at least it was. Planing purchases sure sounds alot like a job or something and far less then a game. And wich supposed to be a Star Trek game, where they didnt had much economy and had replicators, yet this game sure has alot of purchases and timers to wait for something be "crafted":confused:
    And you speak of interactig?? This just killed the whole traning for friends/fleeties, so it actually cuts the interaction. Economically?? Thats not interation, thru an exchange hub. Mind as well be a computer/NPC at the other end, it wont matter.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thread closed.

Official boff training revamp feedback thread is located http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1345151
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.