test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Master Thread: Winter Event Known Issue - Breen Ships Not Applying Unlock Discount

Comments

• quester74quester74 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm in the same boat with the rest of ya'll First year on my second account and completed each of the different ship events on three different characters. The carrier unlocked account wide but the other two did not. I hope they fix this before the event ends, otherwise there's going to be a lot of players seriously annoyed.
  • fraethirfraethir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    To get this in a master thread, as confirmation and one more data point that it's not just one of the older ships, and not just if you did it in previous years(s).

Did the rep this year only. Did it on three characters on the same account (intending for those three to get 1080 pictures, and result in all three ships on those characters, and all of my other alts to do 120 pictures and have all three ships as well).

One character unlocked the carrier, and got the discount message. All other alts (and I did all of my alts) could get the boxed ship for 40 pictures.

One other character completed 1000 pics for the raider. That character had the boxed raider, and the raider event (on that character mind you0 still said it would take 1000 pictures (I started a new one to be sure). Unboxed the raider, though that wasn't necessary for the carrier, just to be sure. Cancelled and restarted the raider project. Still 1000 pictures on the character who'd just completed and unboxed the ship.
    Moved to another alt, raider was still 1000 pictures.
    Logged back into the person who had completed the raider (now on his ship roster). Talked to Q. No change, cancel and restart, no change, still 1000 pics. That person had also finished the carrier for the discounted 40 pics, and could get the raider carrier hangars.

Logged onto a third character. Finished the Warship for the first time (1000 pics). Got the boxed ship, no discount message. Started a new warship project, still 1000 pics. As with the raider, did all the steps, no change, still 1000 pics.

So with rep events done for all three ships this year, on the same account, the only one that received a discount was the new T6. In all three cases, i didn't finish the projects until AFTER the first attempted fix, so it might be that the discount-for-finishing-this-year was somehow undone when the fix for first year raiders was introduced.

I have something like 8 characters with the carrier now, one with the raider (and carrier), one with the warship (and carrier). Of course, because my luck runs cold, the character I wanted to USE the carrier on actively does not have the raider, so can not access the raider hangar pets.

I do hope (and expect!) this to be fixed in such a way that I don't have to wait until next year to get the discounted ships already earned (and with pics either on the 40/1000 line, or sitting in inventory, to account for all three ships on each character). It doesn't have to be prior to the event ending, so long as the fix doesn't require the event to still be in progress (in which case it had best get patched in a working form Thursday, I suppose, or as a hot-fix).
  • jawaronjawaron Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Same here on my account
    No breen ships before this event.
    3 chars bought different ships, only the tier 6 carrier unlocked with discount.
  • mrmoonsin01mrmoonsin01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Surely, the Devs are back from their Christmas Holiday now?
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Surely, the Devs are back from their Christmas Holiday now?

Office should be opening about now. Did the same as the person 2 posts up. I have been here during the winter event since pre-reputation but I never did the winter event. I play a science captain. Neither of the previous ships much appealed to my playstyle so I just didn't do the event.

With the carrier, however, getting the raider unlocks the frigates for pets. Since I have 4 characters, I ran 3 of them to 1080 autographs and each of those unlocked a ship. The fourth only did 120. All 4 could get the carrier but only the one that I did the dedicated run for the raider could get it.

I had no previously unlocked ships. I had not upgraded them T5-U at the time though I have now and I hope that didn't exclude me from whatever fix is in the works. All 3 ships were unlocked in the same 24 hour period for the first time this year. The previous years' ships both require 1000 autographs for each character but the carrier is indeed only 40.

With just one patch left to the event, it is really down to the wire. If this fix doesn't work, the event ends with maintenance on the 15th. There won't be a second patch day to fix it. So for some of us, this patch this week is important and we would love to hear what is in the works.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just getting my name in the hat here: did the event for the first time this year, completed all three ships using three different characters, carrier is the only ship that got an account-wide unlock.
  • saqu4t1saqu4t1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    inthefluxx wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. Starting all three this year. New Q pictures, new event reputation project. It can't be old pictures, since these are new. Carrier unlocks for everyone at discount after one claims it, the other two do not.

I really wanted the frigate pets for my carrier, and the set bonus for one of my alts. It appears that at this time that won't happen, as the event will cease before I can unlock them.

Same problem here...on all my toons!:(
  • primewardprimeward Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    same problem like all the people have. Have all the ship. Two of them still need 1000 pic. the carrier is at 40 pic.
  • gwassalorgwassalor Member Posts: 164
    edited January 2015
    Same here, only carrier gives discount. And I am extremely annoyed by that. Because I intended (as most of you I guess) to test the carrier with frigate pets. I slotted the carrier on my main sci toon tuned for carriers (with wing commander trait) and I slotted raider on the other alt. Result is that the alt has both raider and carrier (that he got with discount), but the main sci has only carrier :mad:. If I knew up front it worked this way, I would have done it the other way round and slotted the raider on main and carrier on alt. This was really the last drop and now I am spending most of my gaming time in ED and I guess it's what the PW wants. I can't see what else would be those last few months, but PW intentionally making people leave the game. I guess they just sold life subs to almost everyone and no one is buying stuff now so they just want to shut it down and it feels better if you make people leave on their own.
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
    We are aware with the issues with the Plesh Brek and Chel Gret.

There are fixes inbound, and they should go live this week. Keep an eye on the patch notes to be sure.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1324881&page=28

FINALY AN UPDATE AND A GOOD ONE >:D Answer was Posted in the Main Thread Regarding this Issue :D
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
    We are aware with the issues with the Plesh Brek and Chel Gret.

There are fixes inbound, and they should go live this week. Keep an eye on the patch notes to be sure.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1324881&page=28

FINALY AN UPDATE AND A GOOD ONE >:D Answer was Posted in the Main Thread Regarding this Issue :D

I hope that fix doesn't go live as is, because it's not just those two ships. I'm a new player to the event this year, and I'm not getting the discount on ANY of the three ships.
    edited January 2015
    voyagersix wrote: »
    I hope that fix doesn't go live as is, because it's not just those two ships. I'm a new player to the event this year, and I'm not getting the discount on ANY of the three ships.

Never heard of anyone having the Discount Bug on the Carrier, thats strange :confused: but this Patch Must go Live Tomorow, its the Last Maintenance before the Event ends, so there is no room for any more Delays, any Hopefully it will also solve your Issue with the Carrier too.
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Never heard of anyone having the Discount Bug on the Carrier, thats strange :confused: but this Patch Must go Live Tomorow, its the Last Maintenance before the Event ends, so there is no room for any more Delays, any Hopefully it will also solve your Issue with the Carrier too.

What is the last day of the Winter Event? My search-fu is weak, apparently.
    T93uSC8.jpg
    edited January 2015
    15th so 8 more days.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What is the last day of the Winter Event? My search-fu is weak, apparently.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysku9l7zqykoomx/Screenshot%202015-01-07%2015.40.44.png?dl=0

I've claimed each ship on one alt.

This is what greets me when I try to claim any other ship on any other character.

Edit: Meant that to reply to the person before you. Oops.
  • fraethirfraethir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    voyagersix wrote: »
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysku9l7zqykoomx/Screenshot%202015-01-07%2015.40.44.png?dl=0

I've claimed each ship on one alt.

This is what greets me when I try to claim any other ship on any other character.

Edit: Meant that to reply to the person before you. Oops.

Just for ref, the text (even on a working discount) doesn't change on the events, that I remember. On my carrier, the text says 1000.
    Mouseover on requirements shows 40. Starting the project says 40. But the text itself doesn't.

On the broken ones, mouseover and project (and text) all still say 1000.

Just saying this so if the fix DOES work, you don't think it's still broke if the text in the description (as opposed to progress bar or mouseover) doesn't change to 40.
  • pokepark2pokepark2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ok now this is getting very annoying but I still haven't unlocked the discount on the Breen Plesh Brek Raider or the Breen Chell Grett warship after the patch released January 8th 2014. I followed the instructions precisely; I logged on to a character who was already in possession of the Breen Plesh Brek Frigate, nothing about a discount showed up in the chat. So I then went back to ESD talked to Q (still in the character who already has the ship) got to the Winter wonderland and ran the Fastest Game on Ice got my 40 autographs slotted the Plesh Brek Raider project it still said it needed 1000 but I put the 42 autographs in anyway (had 2 autographs left over from lobi) and it said I was only 4% done. I repeated these steps on my character who has already got the Chell Grett but same problem.

This is the first year for me getting these Breen Ships so for me it isn't an old reputation problem.
    Please Cryptic, fix this as soon as possible, I realize you must be busy people but I did my part to get those ships and I would like to claim them on my other characters.
    edited January 2015
    fraethir wrote: »
    Just for ref, the text (even on a working discount) doesn't change on the events, that I remember. On my carrier, the text says 1000.
    Mouseover on requirements shows 40. Starting the project says 40. But the text itself doesn't.

On the broken ones, mouseover and project (and text) all still say 1000.

Just saying this so if the fix DOES work, you don't think it's still broke if the text in the description (as opposed to progress bar or mouseover) doesn't change to 40.

Exactly. Carrier text says 1000. Slot the item (don't start it until you verify the cost) and it says 40. If it says 1000, it's busted. You can just cancel it.
    edited January 2015
    Patch notes are up...

Updates made to the discounts for the Breen Chell Grett Warship and the Breen Plesh Brek Raider to resolve issues where some players could not receive discounts for these ships.

In order to have this discount of 40 Autographs applied to the account for these projects, log in with a captain which owns one of the above Breen ships.
    The account wide discount for the winter project which unlocks that ship will then be applied.
    Players should see a message appear on their screen and in the chat window saying the account wide discount has been unlocked.
    If the discount is not immediately applied upon logging in, speak with Q during the Winter Event and transfer to another map.
    The text for the discounted winter project for these ships may still state the player needs 1000 autographs but the amount needed to contribute when slotted will state 40.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9052933-release-notes%3A-january-8th%2C-2014
  • cbob312cbob312 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can't seem to get it to work. I log in talk to q, change instances, still nothing, so I teleport to the event, talk to q change instances, nothing. So I actually get in the ship and fly, go back talk to q, still nothing.
  • pokepark2pokepark2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    The patch has not yet been released... the patch notes posted today (January 7) are to be implemented during the maintenance shutdown period tomorrow morning (January 8). So check again tomorrow.

They routinely post the patch notes on Wednesday afternoons and these notes are in reference to patches applied during the Thursday maintenance period.

Note also that your existing projects may not correct themsleves; you may need to cancel them (which would destroy the pics you already put in) and re-slot the fixed version of the project.

Thanks for letting me know, however I'm in a part of the world where it is already the 8th and it is Thursday so I got a bit mixed up lol. I'll check tomorrow and see how it goes, thanks again :)
    edited January 2015
    That would explain why it doesn't work for me.
  • rifor83rifor83 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Seen the notices about extensions to the downtime in this thread
    Hey Captains!

We're going to do an additional warp core check during maintenance. We'll going to extend our estimated completion time by 30 minutes from 9:30 to 10. I'll keep you up to date.
    Our engineering team will be performing a warp core stabilization. Our tentative estimate is our ship will be up and running by 12 PST. I'll be here, updating you as I get more information.

~Comm Officer Trendy

What's the bet its because the updates to allow the discount on the 2 older Breen ships haven't worked?

At least we're now being kept in the loop on whats going on, at least in terms of timeframes! :P

Place annoying e-peen boasting signature here!
  • davedotiodavedotio Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rifor83 wrote: »
    What's the bet its because the updates to allow the discount on the 2 older Breen ships haven't worked?

Wild speculation, but it's possible that the fix for this requires a task to run for each user to check and fix the issue. Batch runs like that do take a fair amount of time for tables with a large number of rows.

Either way, I wouldn't worry too much until we all log back in and find out if it's working or not.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    davedotio wrote: »
    Wild speculation, but it's possible that the fix for this requires a task to run for each user to check and fix the issue. Batch runs like that do take a fair amount of time for tables with a large number of rows.

Either way, I wouldn't worry too much until we all log back in and find out if it's working or not.

Does not fit the data. Trendy's post on the fix indicates that it may not be active until the user does things --- log into char that owns the ship, log out, try it on alt, if not working, talk to Q, ... various things to trigger what seems to be a script that *then* repairs things by applying the missing trait/accolade/whatever it really is to the account.

So its not as simple as a batch processing fix across all accounts.
    But it could be as simple as adding a field to all accounts for some flag for the fix to work, that we don't know.

Or it could just be taking longer than expected, stuff happens and an hour over schedule isnt that amazing a thing to happen on a large system.
    edited January 2015
    Ok, it worked for me, just needed to log in with the characters that earned the ships.
  • kriskringle3kriskringle3 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My testing shows:

Simply log into a toon that received the ship for 1000, and discount automatically applied. RUNS FLAWLESSLY.

Required 2 logins to activate both missing discounts.

Just as promised. Thanks Cryptic
  • paganhellpaganhell Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is the discussion I've had with "Support" so far.

Hello ,

Sadly, we won't be able to refund the 1000 Autographed 8x10 Glossy Picture of Q that you have used to claim the Chel Grett Warship using your other character at this time.

Here's a few suggestions to prevent future losses:

- Don't rush when you make decisions.
    - Pay extra attention to tooltip descriptions and notification windows.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Regards,
    Perzes
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/

Customer via CSS Web 01/08/2015 03:42 PM

Did you not read what I wrote???? I bought Chel Grett Warship on one character already and it still Charged me FULL PRICE FOR THE SAME SHIP "Chel Grett Warship" ON THE SECOND CHARACTER!

Response Perzes via Email 01/08/2015 03:38 PM

Hello ,

Thank you for getting back to us.

The instructions specifically says that the cost of additional copies of the SAME event starship is reduced for all characters on your account. This means if you have unlocked a Chel Grett Warship, the discount will only be applied for that specific ship.

Here is the link to the post regarding this event: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9008423-q%27s-winter-wonderland-carrier

Regards,
    Perzes
    Game Master

Customer via CSS Web 01/08/2015 03:37 PM

I still have not gotten back the EXTRA 960 Autographed 8x10 Glossy Picture of Q that it mistakenly charged me on Kil'eth for the Breen Chel Grett Warship that I already possessed on Drak'ban. This game fault of your had me pay full price for the same ship on different characters twice when it was only suppose to charge me 40 Autographed 8x10 Glossy Picture of Q the second time.

Customer via CSS Web 01/08/2015 03:24 PM

Your kidding right.... There is finally a patch and what does it fix? A big nothing! Still can't get my ships because the original problem is still there.

Response Perzes via Email 01/06/2015 10:39 AM

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting us and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

I can confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue. While we understand the need for a fast resolution, some issues require further action from departments outside our control. Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible.

You can also check the most recent release notes here: https://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/tag/sto-patch-notes

We appreciate your deep patience and boundless understanding while we investigate and resolve this matter.

Regards,
    Perzes
    Game Master

Now please explain to me how this is right?????
  • paganhellpaganhell Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Don't expect them to do that mate. "TO HARD BASKET".
  • snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    For those of you still having trouble with the discount, and the ship missing the discount is still in its Box, try opening the box and then try to trigger the Discount Message.

I posted a step-by-step of what worked for a Fleet mate here.
    Post edited by snovern on