test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Master Thread: Winter Event Known Issue - Breen Ships Not Applying Unlock Discount

Comments

• Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I never participated in any of the races in previous years for the ships on any of my characters. I did complete the races on all my characters this year and claims the projects and only the latest ship the carrier is giving the reward. The previous two ships which I completed the projects this year for are still not rewarding the reduced inputs on subsequent toons. So it doesn't appear on this end to be a result of when you took on the ships or the projects.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    kolarkortarkolarkortar Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    just so the list gets longer and shows a bigger issue i will post here, i also started with 0 autographs this year , started all 3 projects one per toon unlocked all of them last night and logged out logged back in and still on all of them it shows i need still 1000 for raider and cruiser , and 40 for carrier
  • Options
    kriskringle3kriskringle3 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Response from Cryptic:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

I understand that you are unable to receive the discounted price for the Breen ships after owning one. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I can confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue. While we understand the need for a fast resolution, some issues require further action from departments outside our control. Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation while we investigate and resolve this matter.

Regards,
    Eophian
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment

[ end of message ]

In other words.... They are fixing it, be patient.
  • Options
    kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I set aside this holiday to get all 3 of the ships and now i cant get the discount on the raider and the cruiser. thanks for ruinin my christmas cryptic.
  • Options
    druidguylivedruidguylive Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Adding my voice to this thread - I've just completed the three projects for the first time on three characters, only the T6 has unlocked account wide.

Really hoping I don't have to wait until next year's event to get those ships on the other characters!
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm not sure how prudent it is to create yet another thread on a subject that already has a thread with 21 pages and was created way before this one. And that one already contains an official response from the devs, who have a fix a tribble that is being tested.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    agreed, you should leave your comments on the allready existing - largest - thread with the Official Response

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21500821&posted=1#post21500821

the more People add there Voice, the more Pages the Thread has, the more Cryptic will be under Presure to Fix that Annoying Bugs ASAP:mad:
  • Options
    zal1313zal1313 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I spent over 120 Million EC and over 800 Lobi crystals trying to get the account unlocks for the breen raider and the cruiser. This is the first year I tried to claim them. It still wants 1000 Pics of Q for my alts to claim them on my other toons. I asked for a refund of my Lobi and Ec, because its their error. This was my response.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

We sincerely apologize but we won't be able to grant your request. Please be aware that there are certain cases in which we won't be able to provide a reimbursement.

We would also like to let you know that we are already aware of this particular issue. While we understand the need for a fast resolution, some issues require further action from departments outside our control. Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible.

You can also check the most recent release notes here: https://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/tag/sto-patch-notes

We appreciate your deep patience and boundless understanding while we investigate and resolve this matter.
  • Options
    arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Also encountering same issue. Brand new player- 9 characters none of which are able to claim at discount any other than carrier.
  • Options
    havok19783havok19783 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i did all 3 and only the tier 6 is working others still say 1000 and this is my 1st time racing i have never done this before
  • Options
    mrmoonsin01mrmoonsin01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    agreed, you should leave your comments on the allready existing - largest - thread with the Official Response

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21500821&posted=1#post21500821

the more People add there Voice, the more Pages the Thread has, the more Cryptic will be under Presure to Fix that Annoying Bugs ASAP:mad:

Yes, the largest thread. And yes, official responses... None of which have come since page 6, which was dated back on 12-11-2014. 20 Days ago.

The point in me creating this thread was to try and summarise the issues, date track and track responses from Devs. If you looked at the initial post, you would know this.

The reason date track and Dev responses are tracked is simple, most companies have an SLA (Service Level Agreement), and most SLAs have a contracted delivery time. Meaning that they are supposed to do something within X timeframe of the issue being reported.

Having a multitude of threads scattered across the place does not help them to track this, having 1 thread documenting everything does. Its a common feature of Incident Management and Problem Interrogation, I know this because its part of my job.

TL;DR- It is much easier to track dates and issues if you have them all reporting to one location.
  • Options
    jawaronjawaron Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same on my account. Only Carrier Discount is active. Raider and Warships are still on 1000 pictures each.
  • Options
    lordkasulordkasu Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Response from Cryptic:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

I understand that you are unable to receive the discounted price for the Breen ships after owning one. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I can confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue. While we understand the need for a fast resolution, some issues require further action from departments outside our control. Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation while we investigate and resolve this matter.

Regards,
    Eophian
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment

[ end of message ]

In other words.... They are fixing it, be patient.

Yep exact same response here (same exact dude too) I would've liked some assurance they planned on fixing it before the event ended at least...
  • Options
    spike74656spike74656 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just another confirmation of the issue.

Got the 1000 on 3 different toons and got 1 ship on each toon. T6 is now unlocked at 40 for each toon the other two are not.

No toons on my account have ever done the winter event or had any of these ships before.

The unlock fot the 2 teir 5 ships is clearly broken. Devs please fix before the winter event is over.
  • Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Adding my account to the list as well. The discount for the T5 ships doesn't even work for the same character that obtained the ships through the event. All are characters on an account that did not attempt the winter event before. Each has a Qmendations from last year's anniversary in their bank, though. Character names would be Ouzbel, QeH'agh, and Aanra. No idea if this is relevant at all to the issue. They also have incomplete event items in their queue from the summer and/or mirror universe.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • Options
    olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited December 2014
    add me to the list

carrier - discount works fine

raider - no discount
    cruiser - no discount

tried everything, upgrading/not-upgrading, starting a project, canceling a project, restarting a project, leaving ships in boxes, equipping ships, flying around in ships, standing on my head, walking backwards, spinning around, throwing up, etc

no go
  • Options
    xunderxdosedxxunderxdosedx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here as pretty much everyone else. Carrier unlocked just fine, the raider and the cruiser didn't. Hope it gets resolved soon.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here as pretty much everyone else. Carrier unlocked just fine, the raider and the cruiser didn't. Hope it gets resolved soon.

For me just the raider on 1 alt.… so far
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What I have found--which seems to be 100% accurate, is that for people who FIRST PURCHASED the 3 ships in the 2014 winter event, only the carrier discount works. This is as of 28 Dec 2014. The carrier immediately shows discount for the same toon, immediately after project completes at 1000 pics. The Chell/Raider show 1000 pics after completing them (i.e. no discount).

People who purchased ships in previous years may have varying experiences...but this is what I've found to be 100% for people first purchasing in THIS event.

I will try speaking to Q...again...and seeing if it fixes the problem. I hope for the best. I'd like to have all 3 consoles on my primary toon.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It'd be nice if, assuming they can't get this fixed before the 15th, they could at least make the Q-pics account bound instead of character bound. Maybe not permanently, just all of the ones earned before the end of this event. That way folks who planned on getting the Chel Grett on an alt while they earned the carrier on their main could choose to buy the cruiser on their main if they so choose.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm new to this event. I haven't gotten any of the ships in previous years. I ran the event on 3 toons this year to unlock the discounts for all 3 ships, but there is no discount. All ships cost 1000 autographs no matter what I do.

Cryptic, you've created a rat race with no cheese at the end of the maze. If you don't fix this before the event ends, it will be shameful and sad.
  • Options
    gravitonwavegravitonwave Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wasn't around for the winter event last year, so this year i started FRESH... no pictures, no old rep projects, no breen ships lurking in my inventory or bank. I took three different characters, and started a different rep project on each of them. Upon completion tonight, of course (as many have previously stated) the carrier discounts, but the warship and raider do not. And to the thread coordinator, of course Cryptic doesn't comunicate well, hence their choosing of name for the company lol. It's self explanatory.

This might be something important for the devs to know. Not all new players are having this anomaly. Some of the members of my fleet who weren't around for the winter event last year had the discount properly applied, some didn't. The erratic, almost random nature of who the bug chooses to target kinda hints to me of variable collision in the discount function (meaning somewhere in the game, there is another variable using the same "name" as the flag variable the discount function assigns)... So when the discount function goes to read the flag status, it's getting the variable value from the other one, which would default it to 0, or not earned. Incidentally, I used to work as a network tech and programmer in my youth, so i know a little bit about these kinds of things.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Breen Carrier may have applied the discount properly, but...
    The Carrier itself got loadout and equipment problems for my toons :mad:
    And I thought that bug was done and forgotten :D
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can personally confirm the Carrier is the only one that gets the discount. The Raider and Destroyer both say 1,000 photos, even thought the ship is sitting right here in my inventory.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    mrmoonsin01mrmoonsin01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It would be really nice if at least someone from Cryptic would give us an update.

Oh, and Happy New Year!
  • Options
    herrrmansenherrrmansen Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It would be really nice if at least someone from Cryptic would give us an update.

Oh, and Happy New Year!

Or at least a confirmation that they are going to retro-actively offer them to anyone affected if it isn't fixed by the end of Wonderland. I for one would like to get the frigate pets for my carrier after running the race over 75 times this Christmas alone as a new player to get all three ships...
  • Options
    glitterthornglitterthorn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm new to the Wonderland this year, and whilst I've unlocked the Carrier and the Plesh Brek on separate characters, and both are now using the ships, no discounts are available. The Chell Gret I'll be able to get tomorrow, so let's see how that works...

:mad:
    A Mirror Universe ship is for life - not just for Alpha.
    Support T5-U Upgrades for Mirror Ships.
  • Options
    kreger151kreger151 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hello all ...

The bug at this time is the matter of the first 2 winter event ship's ... ((( if you had them before this year you may not have the bug ))))

The Breen Chel Grett Warship ship was not bugged for me due to doing the race for it last year on 28 toon's...

However The Breen Plesh Brek Heavy Raider is bugged .... i did the races on one of my toon's this year for it as well as doing the race on another for the new one......

A account that i set up for my sister is also bugged due to the fact it was the first time doing the race for all 3 ships she is unable to get the discount on the Breen Chel Gret AND Breen Plesh Brek Heavy Raider...

So i know first hand what you all are going through in regards to the bug... My question is would this be related to the other accolade bug's????