What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Say something positive about: Janeway

Comments

• Options
    giveroffacialsgiveroffacials Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    She was the only captain out of all of them that COULD plow through the delta quadrant like that to get home...

Everyone else would've got hung up on somthing lol.

Pretty sure Kirk and Sisco would have done as good or better
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lunasto wrote: »
    Nerys would have come the closest, but I don't believe they could have accomplished the role well enough to bring home the Voyager like Janeway did.

Yar, oh gawd! That was one of the worst written characters on the show! lolz

Murder, genocide, attempted genocide, high treason...

A very well-done villain, agreed.
  • Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Murder, genocide, attempted genocide, high treason...

A very well-done villain, agreed.

I had never thought of it that way before.
    Perhaps that's why I like Romulans so much, I have an evil side to me!
    :rolleyes:
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nope. Kirk would have NEVER gotten back. Not ever. Not because he couldn't, but because he wouldn't have wanted to. His response to the very idea would have been something along the lines of:

"Go home? Why would I? If I wanted to be a homebody, mister, I wouldn't have signed up for duty on a starship! In fact, I say I AM home. This ship, in unknown space, with countless uncharted lightyears before her, what more could I ask for? But fine. If you want to go back, go back. I won't stop you. But I'm... staying ...here! until the last square meter of this place is explored, even if I have to steal one of my own shuttlecraft to do it!"
    And/or become emperor of the Kazon. He'd definitely feel the need to smack them into submission, but he wouldn't want to wipe them out.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,396 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No, Jim would have gone back. He'd have to report in to Starfleet Command, after all. Then he'd use the new quantum slipstream to go back to the Delta Quadrant and explore...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd do her
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am positive Kathryn did not get involved romantically with any of her subordinates.
    Including Seven and Harry.

She was teaching seven people skills, not how to be TRIBBLE
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    And DS9's the best show and Sisko is the best captain.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lessley00 wrote: »
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

wow... could you please reword that to be slightly less racist and sexist?

thanks
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Wow, dude, can you be any more offensive?

It's OK to not like Voyager, but man, that's about the most racist, sexist pile of hogwash I've seen in a looooooooooooooooong time.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wow, dude, can you be any more offensive?

It's OK to not like Voyager, but man, that's about the most racist, sexist pile of hogwash I've seen in a looooooooooooooooong time.

It's the alcohol talking.

Smile, when he wakes up later, his head will feel like mine does right now. :'(
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2015

says the anonymous keyboard warrior with a chip on his/her shoulder. you flexed those big muscles yet? :rolleyes:
    lunasto wrote: »
    It's the alcohol talking.

Smile, when he wakes up later, his head will feel like mine does right now. :'(

some say that being drunk lowers those mental barriers one in control would never dream of lowering because it would get messy and awkward, if this is someones true face while drunk, then this person can shift it to that biffa bin in the back and close the lid in the process.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    wow... could you please reword that to be slightly less racist and sexist?

thanks
    No, I don't think there's any way of expressing that thought that could possibly be any less racist and sexist. The very thought itself pretty much combines and defines those. Particularly considering the poster led off immediately before that with homophobia.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    . She gave us Seven of Nine.

. She's obviously the inventor of the inexhaustible photon torpedo.

. She was very good for Juan Valdez
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    edited January 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    No, I don't think there's any way of expressing that thought that could possibly be any less racist and sexist. The very thought itself pretty much combines and defines those. Particularly considering the poster led off immediately before that with homophobia.

No there isn't. It's sad how pathetic this... idiot is. There's a lot of pent-up rage and I'm concerned. This one needs to see professional help soon.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    There, I fixed that to go better with your avatar. :D

that made my morning! thanks! ha!
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Ten points to you, good sir!

You have made the Poster of the Year for 2014 laugh most mightily.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    When nine hundred years old you are, sideways you will speak too, yes? Hee hee hee hee hee!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Okay, I will honestly say I admire Janeway's Mama Bear tendencies towards her crew.
    jonsills wrote: »
    When nine hundred years old you are, sideways you will speak too, yes? Hee hee hee hee hee!
    Up. Shut.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    starswordc wrote: »
    Okay, I will honestly say I admire Janeway's Mama Bear tendencies towards her crew.

Up. Shut.

Except when she murders them because she doesn't like where they came from...

Or when she lets Neelix off scot-free for killing two of her people with sheer incompetence...

but otherwise, yeah.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Except when she murders them because she doesn't like where they came from...

Or when she lets Neelix off scot-free for killing two of her people with sheer incompetence...

but otherwise, yeah.

Well, yeah, but you kinda have to qualify everything you say about Janeway that way. That's how inconsistently she was written.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    starswordc wrote: »
    Well, yeah, but you kinda have to qualify everything you say about Janeway that way. That's how inconsistently she was written.

True that.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I think Star Trek should return but they should do it like the writers did of Babylon 5... with character and story arc bibles.

I'm also disgusted that racist bile is still up, so I fixed it in my quote :D
  • Options
    nightmarechi1dnightmarechi1d Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    edited January 2015

but is she a villian or just a wee bit Machiavellian?