What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - December 16, 2014

Comments

• xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    LOL MOST IMPORTANT: NO NEWS ON RESTORING PATCH XP LEVELING TO PRE-DR

Seriously...BEST expansion EVER!

TBH, STO has a very fast leveling system compared to other games. Here from 1-50, its play a single mission and level up. Other games you have yo play like 5 missions just to get to level 2. And that particular game which is to be unnamed has an endgame at level 100

Don't call me a white knight. I have a huge problem with difficulty on all quenes. I hate elite and I hate advanced.

Besides, remember when mirror invasion was insta-level? Cryptic is giving what our lazy @#$&* deserve.

My signature says it all.
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    TBH, STO has a very fast leveling system compared to other games. Here from 1-50, its play a single mission and level up. Other games you have yo play like 5 missions just to get to level 2. And that particular game which is to be unnamed has an endgame at level 100

Don't call me a white knight. I have a huge problem with difficulty on all quenes. I hate elite and I hate advanced.

Besides, remember when mirror invasion was insta-level? Cryptic is giving what our lazy @#$&* deserve.

My signature says it all.
    Agreed; he clearly hasn't played EVE Online, which takes months to fill out the most advanced skills - and that game has no free-to-play option as far as I remember

Compared to that game, this one's fairly mild, both in time and and amount of grind (not to mention the obvious 'you don't have to do it', which is true no matter how you spin it, for or against it).
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.46.20141123a.17

General:
    • Resolved an issue with Loadouts which was slotting items into incorrect slots when transferring to other maps.
    • Resolved an issue with Loadouts where moving an item from one slot to another on the same ship or character would create the wrong shadowed item.
    • Resolved an issue that was blocking the account discount for the Breen Chell Grett and Breen Plesh Brek Raider.
      • If players have owned either ship, the account wide discount for the Winter projects which unlock these should be applied upon logging in.
      • If the discount is not immediately applied upon logging in, speak with Q during the Winter Event and transfer to another map.
    • Resolved an issue that prevented the 3 piece Unspeakable Energy bonus from working on the Elachi Sheshar Dreadnought Cruiser.

Great fixes - thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    [*]Snowballs, Unmelting Snowballs, and Half-melted Snowballs no longer have any chance of knocking down snowmen or players of the opposite faction.

Like I get that STO is haemorrhaging players after the abortion of an update that was Delta Rising but if you want people to come back and like the game again have you thought of maybe reverting some of the terrible decisions you made for DR instead of trying desperately to appear kind and benevolent by destroying the very items people stick around to use outside of grinding missions over and over? You'd get more money out of people that way too.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • doctorcrudoctorcru Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't really care about snowballs but could we ban orions from wearing bikinis in the winter event?

It's unrealistic and ruins my immersion.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Taking away the only real function of snowballs impoverishes gameplay while simultaneously emboldening the whining babies who undoubtedly spammed you with tickets about snowballs and disco. Do you really want these people finding new and more trivial things to cry about so that they can weaken the experience for the broad majority who aren't going to file a police report over an internet snowball?
    hzzfzXc.png
    Shutup Wesley: First In Everything
  • habitshabits Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In that case perhaps you should refrain from posting comments that are likely to incite anger and vitriol.

The fact that you enjoy DR is great, really pleased for you, but for many it has hardly been the launch of the century,

just look at all the sigs floating around,
    look at the empty queues,
    look how they have once and for all totally screwed pvp,
    look at the lack of content for a level 50 character to get to level 60 without a massive boring grind
    look at the perpetual and seemingly unfixable loadout problems,
    look at the almost total lack of communication from the devs,
    look at......

ah well the list is endless but if you choose to defend that record then you should expect flak for doing so, so perhaps in your condition it would be better to refrain.

Because they are fixing important things! Like snowballs..

Cryptic, please fix the Elachi Sub-space Module bug in between making snowballs softer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Exitus Acta Probat
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    The first rule of dealing with these people is you don't negotiate with them, you don't meet their demands, ever! It emboldens them and only encourages and incentivizes their behavior in the future.

There was a time when people remembered they were human beings, with human dignity. That their dignity was innate and inalienable. That self control was the foundation of self respect. That the only way something like this can upset you is if you choose to be upset.

Cryptic forgot the reason for the season :(

Cryptic giving any kind of recognition to the player base outside of their wallets has never exactly been their strong point.

At least with this update a few fleet mates will be happy about getting that module off their kits. Still, no replay kobali shield reward, no upgrade system cost reductions or xp gain increases, so I'm not really all that bothered.
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I'm too insecure and emotionally unstable to deal with this TRIBBLE.

Then maybe starting frankly dumb arguments isn't a good idea?
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • tequilapastatequilapasta Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would like to add my voice to that of preechrsa, and throw my support behind the forces of reason in this matter.

It is utterly absurd that I, as a lifetime subscriber, will be forced to have my playstyle dictated by a pile of unwashed free-to-players.

On the flip side, I do like the plan to introduce open non-consensual EVE- style PvP in all instances.
    TdfsKwJ.jpg
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    another patch where the critical and game breaking problems and bugs of this game got ignored
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello there, knock, knock.. the lay-out and load-out trays keeping the items in the trays still are getting pulled out. Plus the ship items like deflector, and weapons get rearranged into the wrong slots! Seems to be a serious bug there. I guess back to the drawing board as they say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    With every patch they bring out, my hopes of being able to train my Intel Bridge officer in advanced skills before I become a grandfather die a little bit more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • buzz0942buzz0942 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    see, give them time and they can fix something.

lol. haven't heard this quite a while. Probably because they had enough time to make things right in the first place?

Give them time and they will break everything.

And now for something completely different:

Any word on a fix for the empty queues reporting bug?
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Snowballs, Unmelting Snowballs, and Half-melted Snowballs no longer have any chance of knocking down snowmen or players of the opposite faction.

Why are you guys coming with such half-assed changes like this?

KB to players of opposite faction only posed a problem when players were dealing with certain NPCs (it would interrupt them from what I heard), or outside of WW were grieving chances were larger. Otherwise, it was one of the fun aspects of the event. Just the other night, I had quite some fun having a snowball fight with a number of players from the KDF side. I guess no more.

I am now convinced you guys don't play your own game.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• vehaveha Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am still experiencing problems with items de-equiping after a map change. Last night brought from the exchange all new weapons shields and engines. Equiped them, joined new map and ship would not go, had no weapons nor shields. Auto entered into combat after map change and couldn't re-equip anything. 3 chain deaths later decided to alt-F4 game to get back to sector space to be able to re-equip items.

My guess is that it is some kind of latency between the client and server registering the equip. So after a map change, the server thinks the item is still in the inventory and updates the client as such, which removes it off of the ship. Maybe need to give the game some time to update or something...
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    eltatus wrote: »
    So.. no fix for the XP progress?
    No fix for the countless balance issues?
    No fix for the 100% dead space and ground PVP?

The sad and sucky thing is they dont think these are bugs:(. They think is all players fault becouse they dont "adapt":rolleyes:
    js26568 wrote: »
    With every patch they bring out, my hopes of being able to train my Intel Bridge officer in advanced skills before I become a grandfather die a little bit more.

I know right... This bugs me too. You need like 22 darn spec points to be able to do that:eek:

But alas, have to give credit to Cryptic for this patch since more bug fixes are allways good. Is nice that loadout bugs are getting sorted and breen warship discount is fixed before devs leaving for holiday vacations.
    I also hope this will fix the ntdll.dll crash issue I am having since last patch.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In that case perhaps you should refrain from posting comments that are likely to incite anger and vitriol.

The fact that you enjoy DR is great, really pleased for you, but for many it has hardly been the launch of the century,

just look at all the sigs floating around,
    look at the empty queues,
    look how they have once and for all totally screwed pvp,
    look at the lack of content for a level 50 character to get to level 60 without a massive boring grind
    look at the perpetual and seemingly unfixable loadout problems,
    look at the almost total lack of communication from the devs,
    look at......

ah well the list is endless but if you choose to defend that record then you should expect flak for doing so, so perhaps in your condition it would be better to refrain.
    No I will not. I give credit where credit is due. I see what other players see, for the most part at least. I don't like everything about Delta Rising either, as evidenced by a thread I made early on in it. But when I see my fellow forum posters being so unreasonable about this, no, I'm gonna speak out.

Here's the flaw in the logic of most people here. STO's grind, even if you REALLY want to get all 3 of the released specializations(yes, more are coming out), is not as bad as a lot of other MMORPG grinds in existence. Some endgame levels make you grind up to a month just for one. NOT exaggerating. It's an MMORPG staple. It's to be expected. They're not MOBAs, we don't get to dive straight into the action.

No. That doesn't mean it has to be like that. Not in the least. But it gives very little room for this fanaticism that the forum community has developed. But the worst part about this unfathomable rabid behavior? None of the trolls that can't wait to get offended by me never realized that I'm not against them. I never had been. In fact, I'd LOVE for the game to be easier than it is now. I have 45 characters for crying out loud. I want to change things about not only Delta Rising, but other parts of the game too(look at my sig. I know you're used to sarcastic sigs, but mine isn't). Instead of anyone wanting to sympathize, or hell even trying to convince me of their position, people choose to post counter-productive, antagonizing BS.

What I do agree on is the imbalance of rewards and 'incentives'. T6 ships get an additional BOFF position and a level 5 starship mastery unlock. That's far from imbalanced, but that's unnecessary, as the sole purpose of those features is to encourage players to fly the new ships. Players have demonstrated that they don't need imbalanced incentives such as that. And of course, it's not only the ships, it's the Delta Quadrant itself. Increased exp there across the board. It's not needed. The story is great there and the patrol missions are better than the ones in the rest of the game. So gasp, yes, I have beef with part of DR too, so i'm not a "white knight" or a "developer apologist".

The fact is, people are complaining that they can't reach the very top in a very short amount of time. But the very intention of Delta Rising was to just give players something to accomplish after reaching endgame. Optional content. Endgame is still at 50, that never changed. Most people don't need to reach for elite queues because they're intended for the top .1% of the playerbase. Specializations are meant to simulate 'infinite progression', and aren't necessary.

So to say I don't have a good reason for posting what I post is not only grossly ignorant, it's very counter-productive and very antagonistic to a development team that compared to other games gives us so much more.

And no, I'm not going to "refrain from posting". I mentioned my mental state not to show my weakness to discourage someone from replying, I posted it as a DARE to push an issue with me. I may post logically and reasonably most of the time, but I'm not afraid to tell any one of you how I really feel about you. The very fact that people find nothing to reply to me other than emotional appeals to ad hominems shows the pitiful reasoning they've built around themselves.

You're damned right I'm not gonna stop posting about this. Despite legitimate complaints and somewhat of an unreasonable position on some issues, the community has lost their minds about all of it.
    Then maybe starting frankly dumb arguments isn't a good idea?
    If I seemed to have wanted to "start a dumb argument", I apologize. It is never my intention to incite pointless banter.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why on Earth do we need arguments in a thread about release notes?

Knock it off!!!

Especially the snowball thing. I've had to close a thread on that subject already, but here in this thread I'll just start redacting them all and sending warnings.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »

Knock it off!!!

Especially the snowball thing. I've had to close a thread on that subject already, but here in this thread I'll just start redacting them all and sending warnings.

Arguing in a thread about release notes is the right thing to do, especially Tribble Patch Notes. It's a way to show how strongly folks feel about changes before they hit Holodeck and give the devs a small glimpse of upcoming feedback. In my experience, proved to be true every time.

Customers like me are angered because Cryptic does bad changes SO MANY TIMES IN SUCCESSION and my patience has long reached its limit. It's called frustration. As a customer I feel I should start giving a more emotional feedback to see if the devs listen, because giving centered and calm arguments is clearly not working.

You seem just as frustrated as some of us are, hopefully for the same reasons. It's possibly clouding your judgement, giving your angered and threatening post, which is, in my opinion, unbecoming of a moderator. You need to either accept the negativity as part of feedback (and something Cryptic deserves to hear) or quit moderating, unless Cryptic's moderating rules involve oppression/threatening and you happen to agree with them.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Knock it off!!!

Note: I'm not arguing

I think people are deeply frustrated with Cryptic decision. They can fix minor problems but the things that matter they choose to ignore. It seems no matter how the player base treats them the player base is ignored.

What development company have to disable part of a game because the fix to fix the fix of a fix doesn't work? Let alone remove exploration and pass the buck to players to create exploration content? If they did a 2x xp gain across the board, I think XP would have been more tolerable. Best yet instead of limiting passives to 8/8/8 now we have infinite powercreep.

I still can't post a thread just because I wrote one simple review giving DR a F+ although many others wrote far worst messages.Attacking other players and developers. Which I feel was a personal issue so someone blocked me.

Oh well!

It just doesn't make sense.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    Arguing in a thread about release notes is the right thing to do, especially Tribble Patch Notes. It's a way to show how strongly folks feel about changes before they hit Holodeck and give the devs a small glimpse of upcoming feedback. In my experience, proved to be true every time.

Customers like me are angered because Cryptic does bad changes SO MANY TIMES IN SUCCESSION and my patience has long reached its limit. It's called frustration. As a customer I feel I should start giving a more emotional feedback to see if the devs listen, because giving centered and calm arguments is clearly not working.

Feedback is fine. Feedback is wonderful. Tell Cryptic what you don't like.

But some people are trying to argue that other people's opinions don't count, and that's not okay.

Some people are trying to resurrect the nerf/don't nerf snowball argument in this thread, and that's not okay.

Personally, I don't think removing the knockback effect was the right fix but I'm not going to argue with people about it.

This is a RELEASE NOTES thread. All of your feedback should be directed to Cryptic. Everything else is off-topic and derailing the thread.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • g0delg0del Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Some people are trying to resurrect the nerf/don't nerf snowball argument in this thread, and that's not okay.
    Why not? Before these notes, a small group of people were complaining about the snowballs. The much larger group of players who enjoyed the snowballs the way they were didn't say anything, because why would they? Snowballs were fine.

Now that snowballs are getting nerfed, the people who liked them the way they were are complaining about it. This isn't an argument, it's feedback. You want me to tell Cryptic? Ok.

Cryptic: I do not like the snowball changes. I do not like making unmelting snowballs completely useless. Pulling out an unmelting snowball in June and pasting someone on Risa was fun. You've taken away so many of the things that I enjoy about this game since DR released, please don't take away this as well.
    Official STARFLEET DENTAL Bug Hunter
  • rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Resolved an issue with Loadouts which was slotting items into incorrect slots when transferring to other maps.
    Resolved an issue with Loadouts where moving an item from one slot to another on the same ship or character would create the wrong shadowed item.

Crossing my fingers and hoping. Although it might be time to tear down and redesign this entire mechanic. With each fix I'm experiencing newer and stranger behavior. Yesterday I started noticing the battery consumables I have slotted vanish from existence when moving from space to ground and back to space. Not unslotted or with shadow issues or loaded onto another ship or sent back to my bank but vanish from my account never to be seen from again. It's not worth screaming about as batteries are cheap enough to replace with ease...but if this happens with some of my more "costly" gear and it becomes a much bigger issue.

I have been contemplating buying additional loadout slots but until I can have confidence items won't vanish it makes it difficult.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well to be honest, I haven't seen anyone in real life to get thrown in the snow by a snowball... so I always find it annoying, to say the least...

And, I have 12 chars, most of them level 56... by doffing!!... and I like it.. don't need to do everything now!, I take my time, not in a hurry..

BTW, I only played DR missions on one char.. one!... I like to up my level before go to endgame content..

So, from my point of view, there is problems... but... its just a game, so I don't care that much, still have fun in it...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    see, give them time and they can fix something.

Screaming at them doesn't help.

Sure it does, it gets them motivated!

[Cracks whip} "Now, back to work minions."

:P:eek::D
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    great and my last post simply was deleted

way to go... delete everything that does not fit into your shiny "DR is so wonderful" world

the only feedback that you want is positive one... but unfortunatly that does not fit to the content that we currently have
    you want that we post feedback to cryptic? then how about to allow user to do that instead of blocking the creation of threads for them.
    I have requested information about this kind of "limitation/infraction" 7 weeks ago... no reply... I gave a reminder requesting information.... no reply.
    But hey... where are we going to post our feedback if you not allowed to post any threads at all?

oh and yes... i am aware that right now I am going totally off topic but since I am not allowed to address it anywhere else... not even allowed to post a pm to our nice community manager or the moderators

You talk about giving feedback but at the same time prevent that this actually can be done.
    So bluegeek.... where are we supposed to give our feedback? Not here? not anywhere on this forum?
    Apparently Cryptic didnt read the feedback from the players so far.
  • shadowhuntermanshadowhunterman Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can we get a fix with the problem of being able to own two of a ship if we already have the T5-U version of it? It makes no sense to have that, and we also need a fix with the lockbox system. A secondary prompt is needed when unboxing, just to cover the cost of acquiring said ship
  • sthraxpwesthraxpwe Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    g0del wrote: »
    Cryptic: I do not like the snowball changes. I do not like making unmelting snowballs completely useless. Pulling out an unmelting snowball in June and pasting someone on Risa was fun. You've taken away so many of the things that I enjoy about this game since DR released, please don't take away this as well.

Fun for whom? Certainly not for me when hit by one when I'm doing something else that doesn't involve you. Time for you to get used to the idea that forced emotes and reactions on other players' characters are getting significantly curbed or being made opt-out, not just in STO, but many other MMOs as well. I guess most people don't think its "fun."