test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - December 16, 2014

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.46.20141123a.17

General:
  • “Tide of Ice"
    • Players can now gain winter trinkets by participating in any wave by entering the “Tide of Ice” area and selecting the prompt "Join the Battle."
      • This must be done and participate through to the end of the event in order to gain completion credit.
      • This will also allow credit to complete the Accolade "A Line in the Snow."
      • New Winter Event items will continue to not require completion of “Tide of Ice” to purchase.
  • Snowballs, Unmelting Snowballs, and Half-melted Snowballs no longer have any chance of knocking down snowmen or players of the opposite faction.
    • Snowball weaponry is unaffected by this change.
  • Resolved an issue with Loadouts which was slotting items into incorrect slots when transferring to other maps.
  • Resolved an issue with Loadouts where moving an item from one slot to another on the same ship or character would create the wrong shadowed item.
  • Resolved an issue that was blocking the account discount for the Breen Chell Grett and Breen Plesh Brek Raider.
    • If players have owned either ship, the account wide discount for the Winter projects which unlock these should be applied upon logging in.
    • If the discount is not immediately applied upon logging in, speak with Q during the Winter Event and transfer to another map.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented the 3 piece Unspeakable Energy bonus from working on the Elachi Sheshar Dreadnought Cruiser.
  • The Elachi Subspace Rift Module can now be unequipped from a kit.
  • Duty Officer Packs:
    • Removed Powered/Unpowered Artifacts and Mark XII Consoles from all Duty Officer Packs as these are now obsolete with the new Research and Development system.
    • Added new bonus items to the Gamma Quadrant Duty Officer Pack such as:
      • Stack of Gamma Quadrant commodities
      • A stack of Embassy, Dilithium Mine, or Spire Provisions.
      • A set of 4 Fleet Modules.
    • Updated the provision bonus award for the Fleet Support Duty Officer and the Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Packs to include the chance to win a stack of Embassy, Dilithium Mine, or Spire Provisions.

Known Issues:
  • Numerous uniform clipping issues with the Talaxian Dress Uniform, Female Odyssey uniforms with collars, and Female Khan Upper piece.
  • Intelligence Team is not applying the Stealth buff.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    see, give them time and they can fix something.

Screaming at them doesn't help.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No news on the client crash that's been happening on Holodeck ever since the last patch (Elachi event) came in?
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So far so good.

Hopefully ToI will finally work now (looking forward to participating - at least on some chars).

And I damn hope those new loadout fixes work, I may even go check them on Tribble as I've just today started having trouble with batteries keeping unslotting at every map change.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    LOL MOST IMPORTANT: NO NEWS ON RESTORING PATCH XP LEVELING TO PRE-DR

Seriously...BEST expansion EVER!
  • eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So.. no fix for the XP progress?
    No fix for the countless balance issues?
    No fix for the 100% dead space and ground PVP?

Useless patch is useless.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Good work, nice choice with Join the Battle, though I think the ever popular "To Arms" would've been nice.

We'll see how this works out. Overall good work and thanks for not making a liar out of me.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Still a lot of art issues that have been reported.

In particular for these species.

Current Caitian and Ferasan issues

These bugs have been found by me or reported by other users.

Caitians and Ferasans cannot use feline hands with club wear.
    Cats cannot use tails with Delta Rep armor.
    Winter hats do not allow female cats to use the slit eye option.
    Cats cannot use the Risian sunglasses.
    Ferasan heads clip with the Honor Guard fur shoulders while using the stern stance.
    Box to change face patterns does not always show up. (Only happening on Caitians at the moment.)
    Winter hats cause Ferasans to lose their fangs, whiskers, and eyebrows. Also, it gives them the choice of fur colors such as brown, which is for Caitians only.
    Ferasan tails clip with Honor Guard capes.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.46.20141123a.17
    • Snowballs, Unmelting Snowballs, and Half-melted Snowballs no longer have any chance of knocking down snowmen or players of the opposite faction.

Could you please consider restoring the knockback to "players of the opposite faction"? It added a nice degree of fun for ground PvP during the winter event.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    eltatus wrote: »
    So.. no fix for the XP progress?
    No fix for the countless balance issues?
    No fix for the 100% dead space and ground PVP?

Useless patch is useless.
    1) The XP progress past lvl 50 is, for the most part, intended as it is (they specifically said we couldn't burn through it, and we haven't)
    2) A 'much' bigger task to handle than a season launch, and not profitable (in the short term, or a LOT of the long term), so highly stacked against it being focused on
    3) They can't force anyone to play or not, plus PVP was never the biggest focus of this game

And with that all said, small fixes are never useless - they can all make a difference

As said above, that's only for lvl 50 and above (which is intended to be take time to max out). A new character leveling after DR will quickly find he gets to lvl 53-55ish before he/she hits the DR storyline anyway, where most of us simply had the 'bad luck' to be max leveled upon season launch
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The level 1-50 content IS how it was pre-DR. You're not supposed to play past 50 in the same pace, deal with it.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why remove the knockdown effect from the snowballs? That's the whole point of buying them.

Just add a "snowball knockback immunity" to the disco ball negator, since there's 100% overlap between the two crybaby groups.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Still disappointed that there is nothing here about the gameclient.exe and it's constant crashing. I Haven't been able to participate in anything but the daily race since the event started, and it's a little frustrating.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    • Removed Powered/Unpowered Artifacts and Mark XII Consoles from all Duty Officer Packs as these are now obsolete with the new Research and Development system

Here's a thought. I still have a stack of those alien artifacts; they're not worth using or selling, so I've held on to them in case a new use for them would be found.

Let us convert them into R&D materials via the conversion window used for old mats.
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I say check out Eve Online or E-Dangerous If it's going take a while to grind or skill up. Another game might be better because I think this one will soon go into matienance mode.
    edited December 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    The level 1-50 content IS how it was pre-DR. You're not supposed to play past 50 in the same pace, deal with it.

People going deal with it. Into spending money on another game.

Seriously. This is the best expansion ever!
  • chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2014

You deal with it. I thought this game was grindy before the super nerf but at the rate of which I gain xp I refuse to play more then a quick daily mission each day. This grind is absurd! The solution to people who want to level quick... burn off the xp and while were at it...make them require more to do the same job! Who the hell though that was a good decision?!

No...I am thoroughly sick of this TRIBBLE! I used to love this game back when I didn't have to spend half a year leveling 10 freaking levels! This is not "Fun", and last I checked that was the reason people played games...to have "Fun". I have a lifetime, I can up and leave this game any time, It gets any worse...I'm gonna. This game has dropped quite a bit in my opinion. It is sad to me to watch this game fall to such a level, because I loved it...Because I had fun in it! Sadly since the xp nerf I haven't so much as thought about more then a daily on one toon. I'm done with all I have to do in this game in 10 minutes a day. I don't "Want" to do any more until I see a reason worth doing so!

So finally my rant is over. No, I will not deal with it. I will take action and a stand against it as more players should!
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited December 2014

[*]Snowballs, Unmelting Snowballs, and Half-melted Snowballs no longer have any chance of knocking down snowmen or players of the opposite faction.

What's the point of unmelting snowballs then? If there's no knockback then there's literally no reason to use them outside of killing snowmen, and free snowballs are always there when snowmen are. Do you guys even think this sort of thing through or just look at the forum, see the same five people whinging about playing with others in this mmo, and just change social items to placate them?
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You deal with it. I thought this game was grindy before the super nerf but at the rate of which I gain xp I refuse to play more then a quick daily mission each day. This grind is absurd! The solution to people who want to level quick... burn off the xp and while were at it...make them require more to do the same job! Who the hell though that was a good decision?!

No...I am thoroughly sick of this TRIBBLE! I used to love this game back when I didn't have to spend half a year leveling 10 freaking levels! This is not "Fun", and last I checked that was the reason people played games...to have "Fun". I have a lifetime, I can up and leave this game any time, It gets any worse...I'm gonna. This game has dropped quite a bit in my opinion. It is sad to me to watch this game fall to such a level, because I loved it...Because I had fun in it! Sadly since the xp nerf I haven't so much as thought about more then a daily on one toon. I'm done with all I have to do in this game in 10 minutes a day. I don't "Want" to do any more until I see a reason worth doing so!

So finally my rant is over. No, I will not deal with it. I will take action and a stand against it as more players should!

Pay no attention to the white knights of Cryptic. The ques are dead and grinding Argala is awesome!

But seriously, I agree with you.
    edited December 2014

The fact is, you don't have to play it. You're not obligated to. Those levels are just extra stuff the expansion added. You need NONE of it. If you're not having fun, don't do it. And yes, it IS that simple.

The devs probably won't change it no matter what you say, because this is the direction they want the game to go. And just because YOU and a handful of other forum posters want to be restricted in a little level 50 box doesn't mean everyone does.

I wouldn't mind to be proven wrong if the devs to lower the grind. I have 45 characters, after all. But I can live without it, and I think that the game will stay like this.

No, you don't have to deal with it. But I wasn't giving you an order, I was giving you a suggestion. This grind didn't even exist before DR. It's optional. I don't want you to go through a boring grind if you don't like it.
  • mke84mke84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    grimrak1 wrote: »
    What's the point of unmelting snowballs then? If there's no knockback then there's literally no reason to use them outside of killing snowmen, and free snowballs are always there when snowmen are. Do you guys even think this sort of thing through or just look at the forum, see the same five people whinging about playing with others in this mmo, and just change social items to placate them?

I agree wholeheartedly. I've gotten every item from WW on day 1. I literally have no reason to participate in WW now.

So the whole reason for snowballs now, is the 15 minutes new players have before getting their first snowgun? Wow, what a good reason. You may as well have Q give all new players a cheapo snowgun upon entering WW for the first time.

And the unmelting snowballs? You still expect us to pay for them?

It's been a fun 3 years of WW. It's sad this will be the last year of the event, and even worse it being such a short season of less than 3 weeks.

Instead of finding some other game to play instead of STO for 11 months of the year, I guess it'll have to be 12 months of the year now.
    edited December 2014
    Just totally ignore the person. You are right. Cryptic did the most awesome thing with nerfing XP.

I say just go to another game and at least be treated better without the massive name calling <redacted> did to the playerbase.

edited December 2014
    Just totally ignore the person.
    I really wish more people did instead of saying mean things like this. :( ;_;

That really hurt...
    edited December 2014
    I really wish more people did instead of saying mean things like this. :( ;_;

That really hurt...

Are you serious? The last several messages I have not posted your name period so please do not pull me into some name calling disagreement.
    edited December 2014
    Are you serious? The last several messages I have not posted your name period so please do not pull me into some name calling disagreement.
    Did I say that you mentioned me specifically? No. I just called you out for being mean. Which is what you have done.

Very mean.
    edited December 2014
    Did I say that you mentioned me specifically? No. I just called you out for being mean. Which is what you have done.

Very mean.

So, saying. "Ignore a person." is mean. Seriously!

Anyway, back to the update.
    edited December 2014
    So, saying. "Ignore a person." is mean. Seriously!
    Look, Vivenneanthony. Chaosgod777 didn't mention any one person. He/she just quoted a person. Inductive reasoning suggests that certain person was the one you told him to ignore.

Yes, I am being serious. And if you mention a certain thread and a certain post, I WILL specify who that person was talking about, and here's a hint. It won't be anyone that hasn't posted ITT. And I might say other things on my mind. Got it? I'm too insecure and emotionally unstable to deal with this TRIBBLE.
    edited December 2014
    Look, Vivenneanthony. Chaosgod777 didn't mention any one person. He/she just quoted a person. Inductive reasoning suggests that certain person was the one you told him to ignore.

Yes, I am being serious. And if you mention a certain thread and a certain post, I WILL specify who that person was talking about, and here's a hint. It won't be anyone that hasn't posted ITT. And I might say other things on my mind. Got it? I'm too insecure and emotionally unstable to deal with this TRIBBLE.

Stop it. You could have ignored any of my comments. I've moved on so simply don't respond.
    edited December 2014
    Stop it. You could have ignored any of my comments. I've moved on so simply don't respond.
    Okay. <3
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Had a character with a Chell Gret from 2012 already his active ship and transferred him to Tribble and got a pop up right away when I logged in saying I earned the discount. Thanks for the fix and tackling this issue quickly. :)
  • mke84mke84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It is dispiriting to see they are caving in to the lunatics on snow balls.

This is what it feels like when the bad guys win :(

The first rule of dealing with these people is you don't negotiate with them, you don't meet their demands, ever! It emboldens them and only encourages and incentivizes their behavior in the future.

There was a time when people remembered they were human beings, with human dignity. That their dignity was innate and inalienable. That self control was the foundation of self respect. That the only way something like this can upset you is if you choose to be upset.

Cryptic forgot the reason for the season :(

Thanks for the nice X-mas present though cryptic. What kid wouldn't want his snowballs nerfed :(

I suppose I understand why they are doing this. We do not want to upset the 200 RPers who decide to indulge in RP the odd time while in public zones and may have an occasional snowball thrown in their direction during the 1 month of the year this event takes place. It is understandable they don't want to upset them.

They lay down big money for their anything but gameplay items such as the standalone interiors released years ago, and the 2 or so 500 zen costumes released every year.

Cryptic knows where the money is and we can't upset these delicate snowflakes.

It is quite sad Cryptic decided to put a lump of coal in most of the community's stocking this year because of a few. :(