test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daily mark box nerf.

Comments

• captainsucrecaptainsucre Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Cryptic's reasoning is just so backwards these days. If I have 10 Delta daily mark boxes, did I not log in and played something that awarded Delta marks on 10 different days? So what if I saved up 10 Delta daily mark boxes, I should get bonus marks for them in exchange for playing the content on 10 different days.

Don't forget, just because the daily mark boxes have the word "bonus" in their names, it's not really a bonus. The daily mark boxes were designed to reward players for logging in on a daily basis and playing a bit of content. Overall, the mission mark rewards were actually decreased so players who play a lot on a non-daily basis were actually punished.

"Is our content so bad, so unrewarding, that players would hold onto daily mark boxes for months to open them during a bonus mark event? Nope, better nerf these daily mark boxes so players spend more time playing our bad, unrewarding content."
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Cryptic's reasoning is just so backwards these days. If I have 10 Delta daily mark boxes, did I not log in and played something that awarded Delta marks on 10 different days? So what if I saved up 10 Delta daily mark boxes, I should get bonus marks for them in exchange for playing the content on 10 different days.

Don't forget, just because the daily mark boxes have the word "bonus" in their names, it's not really a bonus. The daily mark boxes were designed to reward players for logging in on a daily basis and playing a bit of content. Overall, the mission mark rewards were actually decreased so players who play a lot on a non-daily basis were actually punished.

"Is our content so bad, so unrewarding, that players would hold onto daily mark boxes for months to open them during a bonus mark event? Nope, better nerf these daily mark boxes so players spend more time playing our bad, unrewarding content."

the difference is the intention is to get bonuses for the daily marks earned DURING the bonus event

the only unfortunate thing is this clumsy "fix" negates some of the bonuses legitimately earned in that time frame

once again cryptic punishes everyone for the actions of a few
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    the difference is the intention is to get bonuses for the daily marks earned DURING the bonus event

Yeah no ... the original intention was to replace the Hourlies with something BIG aka "Bonus Mark Weekends" etc ... so turning in Mark Boxes within this Event (every ~SIX months) isn't something "beyond reasonable", if you know how it was "supposed to be" ...
    once again cryptic punishes everyone for the actions of a few

That's something we can agree on ... :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah no ... the original intention was to replace the Hourlies with something BIG aka "Bonus Mark Weekends" etc ... so turning in Mark Boxes within this Event (every ~SIX months) isn't something "beyond reasonable", if you know how it was "supposed to be" ...
    Between the first time they had the Bonus Marks Event and the second their were six months. Since then it has been two to three months.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sicjeb wrote: »
    That's rather annoying being as I've saved a load of mark boxes for the event. I doubt I'm alone, so that's why they've done it.

I am going to agree with your assessment. It seems the way they roll now on everything is you get rewarded for what you are doing now. Saving for a later time and benefiting from an event is not the way it is intended.
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They indicated the bonus has begun so I opened the 250 box from Mirror. It rewarded 250.

Please note I'm not angry about this - just reporting.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited November 2014
    They indicated the bonus has begun so I opened the 250 box from Mirror. It rewarded 250.

Please note I'm not angry about this - just reporting.

Bonus Mark Weekend ... "starts in 23h 28min" .... from Ingame Mission Journal "J" ...
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bonus Mark Weekend ... "starts in 23h 28min" .... from Ingame Mission Journal "J" ...

Smirk made a forum post and FB post announcing it has started.
    edited November 2014
    Smirk made a forum post and FB post announcing it has started.

Interesting ... considering recent DEV Blog Quality, I'm gonna wait for an ingame - confirmation, though ...
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited November 2014
    So, I just opened my 250 mark box on one character... got 250 marks, no bonus.

Have we confirmed that ALL bonus boxes are nerfed?
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
    edited November 2014
    in game calendar still says event starts tomorrow, I think maybe there's been a miscommunication, I would wait till tomorrow before opening boxes
  • andrestartrekandrestartrek Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    At the moment I don't want to do anything anymore. I have the feeling that everything I did the last 2 months I get punished for. They chance the rules so fast, I can't keep up.

This game is totally no fun to play ATM. If the point is to keep me a way. Than they did a fantastic job, that is exactly what i am doing right now.
    edited November 2014
    Sooo Bonus Mark Payout seems to be completely random ... at least for me ... got some Bonus Marks from Stored Daily Boxes while not getting a Bonus from normal ones ... anyone else ? I'm confused ...

EDIT :

"Mark Package - Multiple Choice (20)"

Rewards :

30 Omega Marks
    30 Nukura Marks
    30 Dyson Marks
    30 Undine Marks
    20 Delta Marks

congrats Cryptic screwed up again ...
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sooo Bonus Mark Payout seems to be completely random ... at least for me ... got some Bonus Marks from Stored Daily Boxes while not getting a Bonus from normal ones ... anyone else ? I'm confused ...

EDIT :

"Mark Package - Multiple Choice (20)"

Rewards :

30 Omega Marks
    30 Nukura Marks
    30 Dyson Marks
    30 Undine Marks
    20 Delta Marks

congrats Cryptic screwed up again ...

It looks like special event boxes and delta boxes are disabled? Any others?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh for crying out loud the only reason you guys are complaining is because the delta rep marks drop as boxes instead of auto opening. I had already figured out that these boxes would not be affected by the Bonus Weekend when I saw the weekend show up on the calendar. Fugured anyone with enough common sense would be able to figure that out. If you want bonus marks either open lock boxes and get the bonus marks items or buy them from the exchange. Or just open you boxes, claim your marks and start pumping them into the delta projects. In a few days I will be done with the Delta rep on all of my (11) characters and I haven't been waiting for the weekend.
  • wixibanwixiban Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I had a couple of the 60 mark boxes left over from the last event and can confirm that the bonus is working for everything other than Delta.

I get the option of 90 marks for Fleet, Omega, Nukara, Romulan, Dyson, Undine but only 60 for Delta.

So think the nerf from yesterday's patch is also applied to these boxes.
    Wixiban.png
    edited November 2014
    It looks like special event boxes and delta boxes are disabled? Any others?

Well the Thing is ... I got Bonus Marks from "Delta Alliance Daily Bonus Marks" (55/~77), while not getting them from regular "Delta Alliance Mark Package" (all of them stored) ... ~1h ago ... just tried again and did "Bug Hunt Advanced" and got 37/37 Marks from "Delta Alliance Mark Package" (normal) = not even getting Bonus Marks, for stuff being done during Bonus Mark Weekend ? Display Bug ? ... pretty confused right now ...
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Guess the exodus of players away from STO has fallen on deaf ears. Now a nerf for people who saved their boxes for special events....

I wonder how many thousands of subscribers they will lose over this one...
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The nerf is actually yet another buff to fun because now you get to play the game more to make the same amount of progress as before.

You get to. ;)
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    From what I'm reading, this change affects some boxes, but not others. What about the daily boxes that automatically open? Are those affected too?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The '250, choose any kinds' marks boxes don't get the bonus either.
    edited November 2014
    had some "35 choose" boxes from the mirror event left over, opened them today, got 52 marks
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The '250, choose any kinds' marks boxes don't get the bonus either.

Is the event actually going on today? Because it's supposed to start Thursday and the 250 boxes are supposed to get the bonus.
    edited November 2014
    Is the event actually going on today? Because it's supposed to start Thursday and the 250 boxes are supposed to get the bonus.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1311321
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    not for me. i only got 250 marks out of every 250 mark box i had for every reputation, not just delta.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No bonus for 250 mark boxes.

Tried it myself last night.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg