test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daily mark box nerf.

f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
From the patch notes for the 25th.

Daily Mark boxes no longer have the bonus applied to them during Bonus Marks Weekend events.

Ok granted, it's only for the bonus Mark events, but still, why? Of all the things to nerf, this one makes the least sense to me.

The only thing I can think of, would be the Dilithium gains with them at the end of a rep project or by turning in marks. But even then, I can't picture it being so huge it needed this change.

Maybe one of you Gurus can better explain why this was done, it's very possible I'm missing it all together.
My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    From the patch notes for the 25th.

Daily Mark boxes no longer have the bonus applied to them during Bonus Marks Weekend events.

Ok granted, it's only for the bonus Mark events, but still, why? Of all the things to nerf, this one makes the least sense to me.

The only thing I can think of, would be the Dilithium gains with them at the end of a rep project or by turning in marks. But even then, I can't picture it being so huge it needed this change.

Maybe one of you Gurus can better explain why this was done, it's very possible I'm missing it all together.

That's rather annoying being as I've saved a load of mark boxes for the event. I doubt I'm alone, so that's why they've done it.
  • kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i am wondering about this as well i mean some of the rep gear takes 1000 marks.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    It's only the daily boxes getting the nerf. The specials (like 250 marks of your choice) still benefit from the bonus weekend.

So you can still get something from it.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why didn't they made DA marks box open when picked up ? Would have solved the problem.
    Otherwise, it's just nerfing the mark event. Daily mark box will not be affected, and it's bad. Even the ones looted during the event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Why didn't they made DA marks box open when picked up ? Would have solved the problem.
    Otherwise, it's just nerfing the mark event. Daily mark box will not be affected, and it's bad. Even the ones looted during the event.

See, that's what I'm getting sick of.

Today, they make this change so people can't save up Delta boxes until Bonus Weekend and then open them all then. They will use that as the reason to push this change though even though it provides an unnecessary nerf to the boxes earned during the bonus event.

Then next patch, they will make the delta boxes auto open on acquire like every other box rending this change completely moot but leaving us with the overall nerf to boxes earned during the event.

It's just what they do now, they try to hide these nerfs and it's getting really old. Rather it's putting up a long winded and deceptive post lying about a nerf or something like this.. it's all the same thing.. they're trying to sneak nerfs by the player base.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • odisseusrhodisseusrh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    eren1 your pic.......yea I did that too. Had a T5U Intrepid for all of a month and then I went and got the T6 one....jesh had I know that I would have saved the token to upgrade a rom officers ship
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The irony being that I reported the Delta boxes as not opening on pickup when DR was still on Tribble.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
    edited November 2014
    See, that's what I'm getting sick of.

Today, they make this change so people can't save up Delta boxes until Bonus Weekend and then open them all then. They will use that as the reason to push this change though even though it provides an unnecessary nerf to the boxes earned during the bonus event.

Then next patch, they will make the delta boxes auto open on acquire like every other box rending this change completely moot but leaving us with the overall nerf to boxes earned during the event.

It's just what they do now, they try to hide these nerfs and it's getting really old. Rather it's putting up a long winded and deceptive post lying about a nerf or something like this.. it's all the same thing.. they're trying to sneak nerfs by the player base.

Yes it is a cheap and i found it unappropriate taking in account the event that starts thursday.

Anyway I take it as an answer to critter and doffing nerf and the answer is :"yes we want you to grind ,grind ,grind and anything that can easy your way will be nerfed as soon as we can discover it"

I am very sorry for what is happening with this game .
    "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
    I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's only the daily boxes getting the nerf. The specials (like 250 marks of your choice) still benefit from the bonus weekend.

So you can still get something from it.

I admit, it's nice to hear that part at least.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't think I'll even do the event. Not only the queues are a lot more difficult to do, and thus, more difficult to grind, but they also nerf the daily reward.
    odisseusrh wrote: »
    eren1 your pic.......yea I did that too. Had a T5U Intrepid for all of a month and then I went and got the T6 one....jesh had I know that I would have saved the token to upgrade a rom officers ship
    I didn't buy the old intrepid, nor the pathfinder (using a wells and a vesta on my sci). But I found the practice bad. Especially since we are likely to see old T5 coming back as T6 for full price.
    But anyway, that's another topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
    edited November 2014
    Yes probably it will pass the event too.

I wonder how will look the queues this weekend .

Last weekend I had a lot of fun just reading the forums and not playing STO at all.
    "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
    I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kamuii2 wrote: »
    i am wondering about this as well i mean some of the rep gear takes 1000 marks.

And the marks are pointless for equipment without the Advanced+ Queue only materials for Borg and Delta reps.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • chrishellmax2363chrishellmax2363 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nice one cryptic.

Bear with me here. You normally give us 55 bonus marks. Now this is removed. Now that 55 is given as *extra* on the bonus weekend. You moving what is naturally given to the extra section. Thus cutting what was given in half.

Stop calling it a bonus weekend . Call it a Smoke and mirrors weekend where we are punished .
    Instead of a daily add on , you spend 3 days giving us less than what is normal.

Really really bad form. Take one step forward in customer service and 7 steps back.
    Whether you think you are right or wrong, either way you are RIGHT.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think you're interpreting that incorrectly. They'll still give the regular 55 marks at any time, but they won't give like 80 marks during a marks weekend.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Another Post-DR Nerf, to Nerf something that hasn't even gone live on the Test Server that is Holodeck.

Makes it even more annoying after Cryptic nerfed Reputation T5 Dil Rewards from not getting boosted by Dil Weekend Events. They used to, but Cryptic decided no more.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf...

Its getting really tiring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Nice one craptic! When are you going to put the nerf bat away. Instead of nerfing everything why not buff a few things? What's up people making to much dilithium and zen from converting marks? What's next a nerf to the payout from bnp's, implants and what not during the dilithium event!
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• mav75mav75 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Guess I will be opening whatever mark boxes I have and go to another game afterwards.
    No reason to stick around any longer than necesary, and that necessary part is getting shorter and shorter.

I'm feeling a distinct lack of fun, progress and rewards. :(
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Progression must be nerfed at all cost. Resistance is futile!
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    mav75 wrote: »

I'm feeling a distinct lack of fun, progress and rewards. :(

PUNISHMENT! Just more and more punishment.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh FFS ..... at this point trying to get around the grind is the only 'game' left in this, and now they tag one more aspect. Its just petty at this point.

Do they honestly think if they make it hopeless enough that we'll embrace the grind? I honestly wonder whats going through their heads, cause it just doesn't make sense to me. Even if I were being as greedy as I can conceive of, I'd want my customer base around and happily throwing money at me by powering up one alt after another. I really don't understand the profit motive of driving people away. I mean hell I already spend more time dinking on the forums (while doing other stuff) than actually playing at this point (haven't run a mission since the new Elachi one came out a few weeks ago), so honestly what to they hope to gain by slowing things up even more? I just can't imagine this is beneficial even in the short term.

Maybe they watched The Producers recently or something?
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    D'Angelo said when he took over that he wanted to slow the game down and make it more grindy. He's succeeding.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nikephorus wrote: »
    D'Angelo said when he took over that he wanted to slow the game down and make it more grindy. He's succeeding.

I don't remember that. Got a link?
  • hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just getting worse and worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nice one cryptic.

Bear with me here. You normally give us 55 bonus marks. Now this is removed. Now that 55 is given as *extra* on the bonus weekend. You moving what is naturally given to the extra section. Thus cutting what was given in half.

Stop calling it a bonus weekend . Call it a Smoke and mirrors weekend where we are punished .
    Instead of a daily add on , you spend 3 days giving us less than what is normal.

Really really bad form. Take one step forward in customer service and 7 steps back.

They didn't use to do this kind of doublespeak in the beginning. It's gotten to the point that whenever I see some update from anyone at Cryptic (beyond the bug report forums), I read between the lines to find the nerf.

I'm not understanding what's going on with STO. I feel like they despise their own players/customers.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nikephorus wrote: »

The game needed to be slowed down somewhat. Leveling was too fast.

That said IMO DR is a huge overcorrection, but that's beside the point I wanted to make.
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    is there just one week we dont get another nerf?
    With every patch this game is getting worse.

Whats next week?
    will the amount of dilithium that we can refine per fay reduced?

and again... this week... no word about the "xp bug" or why suddenly people are not able to earn xp anymore
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Death by a thousand cuts. The only people more cunning and daring than players methodically searching for exploits is Cryptic looking, at the sub-atomic level, to squeeze every possible benefit out of the game. It's really a thing to behold.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It had become Cryptics SoP they mess up we get punished. The boxes are only in the game because of them and it is not suprising people may have saved some up considering the poor availability of Delta marks, 5 per box really. They seem to be intentionally trying to kill this game off.

They seem to admit in a podcast that the game isn't that fun anymore and that it is their fault and then go and do this.