What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance - November 20th, 2014 - Discussion

Comments

• Options
    ajofwajofw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As a brand new user to STO, I am in the mindset of their is no way I am spending a single pound, on this game until the development team shows some commitment to this games ongoing issues.

The sheer amount of upset users on these forums is alarming, and the attitude of silence from Cryptic is disgusting.

Personally I say to anyone whom will listen, to cancel any subscriptions, write to gaming websites and social media about Cryptic, and refuse point blank to buy any singular item from the C-store.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Good luck with that. All those rant and boycott threats never impacted Cryptic considering the majority of the playerbase doesn't visit the forums, much less bother to decide how to not play to get the point across. And there's the hardcore fanatics who don't give a damn and will continue to buy every last item simply because it's in a Star Trek themed game.

How about invisible borg torps in STFs? That's been around ever since I can remember. Not that I expect that to ever get fixed but yeah there's lots of bugs that need fixing.
    I thought they've fixed that? I now see the HY Plasma balls of death hurdling through space in Normal Borg space queues, and more importantly, can actually shoot the damn things down.
  • Options
    streakfury#2432 streakfury Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Stupid question alert: I'm one item away from completing the event that's been going on over the last three weeks or so - will it still be running when maintenance is complete?

I need the shotgun, yo! :D
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz / 16Gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz / GeForce GTX1060 6Gb / Corsair Glaive / Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Personally I say to anyone whom will listen, to cancel any subscriptions, write to gaming websites and social media about Cryptic, and refuse point blank to buy any singular item from the C-store.
    Exactly! With the singular exception that I happen to have enough dil-bought zen to buy out the EC cap once my last subscription month expires. The wallet is closed until some real progress is made on the bugs vexing my gameplay... :cool:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Quit your whining, ship tailor has finally been fixed. :D

Really? so those extra costume slots i bought 2 or 3 years ago are finally going to work? LOL i think not.

EDIT: opps disregard this entire post i misread hte 1st time LOL
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Heck, I see Odyssey uniforms on the crew wandering around the TOS bridge pack, which is VERY disconcerting.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    EDIT : now it's working (wtf 2,8 GB ... this Club better comes with Blackjack & Hookers)

Yeah, I did a double take when I saw how big the patch was. It's going to take me a few hours to get that thing downloaded. Been going for an hour already and barely a third of the way done.

Of course, what we download is usually smaller than what is patched so while typing this, that last 2-ish gigs could already be patched.

*checks*

Nope, not finished yet. Oh well, already downloaded a bit more than 900 megs so hopefully not much more to get. Maybe I'll be in-game after lunch, which is in an hour and a half.
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    nathairxnathairx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    str34kfury wrote: »
    Stupid question alert: I'm one item away from completing the event that's been going on over the last three weeks or so - will it still be running when maintenance is complete?

It was done when the maintenance started. You'll have to wait for the next Mirror event for the shotgun (don't cancel the project).
  • Options
    rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014

The servers are back up now, so you have 30-ish minutes to get what you can!

Edit: Ninja'd
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Good luck with that. All those rant and boycott threats never impacted Cryptic considering the majority of the playerbase doesn't visit the forums, much less bother to decide how to not play to get the point across. And there's the hardcore fanatics who don't give a damn and will continue to buy every last item simply because it's in a Star Trek themed game.

I thought they've fixed that? I now see the HY Plasma balls of death hurdling through space in Normal Borg space queues, and more importantly, can actually shoot the damn things down.
    nathairx wrote: »
    It was done when the maintenance started. You'll have to wait for the next Mirror event for the shotgun (don't cancel the project).

I thought as much. Cheers!
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz / 16Gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz / GeForce GTX1060 6Gb / Corsair Glaive / Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yep same here ... / EDIT : now it's working (wtf 2,8 GB ... this Club better comes with Blackjack & Hookers)

btw :

Good One, Cryptic you locked all official Threads to check ... you make it sound like this HP provides Info, or something ...
    You must post whenever there's the phrase "Check the Forums"? You can't just read what is written without posting?
    ajofw wrote: »
    No thanks, I'm fine with supporting Cryptic.. you can do whatever you wish to do, but to tell people what to do isn't going to fly.. I'll still support the company, even with the problems that arise within the game.

Just to let you know about something, especially about the lifetime subscription: you can never cancel that, it's permanent, hence the "Lifetime" part of the name.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    Events generally begin/end at 10 AM pacific, which is 30 mins after the posted end of the maint window.

If you're not able to get it, you can also keep the project active for the next time this event is run. They generally run each event like this (aside from the Summer and Winter seasonal ones) twice a year, and you can complete it next time before starting the new project (if they change the rewards, your existing project will remain the same)... I did that this time around with my main, who had the project hanging from last time to get the Mirror Hakeev doff that was replaced this time by the shotgun. (She now has the shotgun project hanging at 9/14).
    rnaught wrote: »

You beauties! I just hope the patch downloads in time, haha.

EDIT: At this rate, it won't. :(
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Don't forget to grab your 4 Nerve tonics from Night of the Comet to drink and burn the dance floor with.

Just play the mission up until you finish making the Nerve Tonic for Cassidy, then go to the Bartender to buy 4 Nerve Tonics to go. Then you can either finish up the mission or abandon, drop, and replay it and do it up to getting the 4 Nerve tonics again.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You beauties! I just hope the patch downloads in time, haha.

EDIT: At this rate, it won't. :(

Yes is downloading really slow today.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You must post whenever there's the phrase "Check the Forums"? You can't just read what is written without posting?

If "whenever" equals "for the first & last time, anyone ever mentioned it" sure ... and what's supposed to written & where ? Not sure if serious, or just drunk ... as I said every offical Thread is locked down ... and there is (still) no offical Info about the Server being back up ...
    rnaught wrote: »

If you manage to update 2,8 GB in time ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    themic609themic609 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Finally. The Dahar master coat. Now us KDF players have something unique :rolleyes: Very happy indeed :P
    "Helm Prepare Maneuver Circle Target Alpha, Tactical Prepare BFAW3 and mash Spacebar"

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    themic609 wrote: »
    Finally. The Dahar master coat. Now us KDF players have something unique :rolleyes: Very happy indeed :P

I hate to tell you this...but there's no Dahar Master coat. The OP was doing a little bit of wishful thinking.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Today's patch is almost 3 gigs. Preparation for the winter event, perhaps? Or something else?
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So, new patch is coming up http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1302391

Impressive list of fixes, thanks a lot guys :)

But you totally forgot the second line to this:

-Resolved an issue where Fleet Admiral pips would not appear in the tailor for Federation Captains.
    -Resolved an issue where Dahar Master Cloaks would not appear in the tailor for KDF Captains.

:o

Today is a good day to die!
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Today's patch is almost 3 gigs. Preparation for the winter event, perhaps? Or something else?
    I assume all the graphics in the new club are taking up a lot of space. Graphics eat up a lot of download.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    ajofwajofw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hypl wrote: »

Access game data code.

Ctrl+A

Delete.

Access Patch Server

Download

Claim was a patch

Go pub.
  • Options
    nimue555nimue555 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And what about the tray bug?

I tried to remove everything and change ships and remove BOs and get them back and everything on the list and again have to set my tray every time I change character... it's making the gameplay horror....:mad::(:confused:
    Am I the only one really annoyed with Cryptic recently?
  • Options
    cptndata1cptndata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is anyone else freezing when you try to update at like 13%? I've tried it twice...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real join date September 2012
  • Options
    mouertemouerte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm getting super slow patching.:confused:
  • Options
    bobnooniansinghbobnooniansingh Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Been stuck at 97% for over 15 mins now...data coming in at less than 5 kbps... on my 20 Mb connection. :(
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cptndata1 wrote: »
    Is anyone else freezing when you try to update at like 13%? I've tried it twice...

patch slowed to a crawl... still ticking by at 100k/sec:eek:
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mouerte wrote: »
    I'm getting super slow patching.:confused:

Same. Proxys don't seem to improve things. Guess I'll try later.
  • Options
    cptndata1cptndata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wow, what's up with that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real join date September 2012